Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:16 am

(0-4)Image at Image (0-5)

Friday, November 6, 2015, 4:30 PM PDT
Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY

Referees: Jason Phillips, Kane Fitzgerald, Dedric Taylor

Line: Nyets -3.5

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT NYETS

By TAYLOR BECHTOLD, nba.com

While Kobe Bryant believes they might play better on the road, the Los Angeles Lakers aren't likely to notch their first victory unless things improve defensively.

That could happen against a winless Brooklyn Nets team that's struggling to score.

As they open a five-game trip, the Lakers will try to avoid their second consecutive 0-5 start Friday night when the Nets look to put an end to their worst start in six years.

Los Angeles is hoping history doesn't repeat itself after their poor start last season led to the worst finish in franchise history. The Lakers ranked 29th in scoring defense (105.3) in 2014-15 but they've been even worse this season.

They've given up an NBA-high 116.8 points and forced a league-low 12.0 turnovers per game after allowing Denver to shoot 50.6 percent in Tuesday's 120-109 home defeat. The frustration boiled over in the fourth quarter when some players jawed at each other.

"We had a little bit of an altercation, which was good," coach Byron Scott told the team's official website. "That tells me that they care. I want to see more fight in our guys. We want to try to stop the bleeding as soon as possible."

Facing Brooklyn might give them the perfect opportunity. The Nets have averaged just 87.3 points in the past four of a five-game losing streak to begin the season and are among the league's worst from 3-point range at 24.4 percent.

"We'll probably play better on the road," Bryant said, perhaps conveniently forgetting a 132-114 loss to Sacramento in the Lakers' lone game away from home. "Because the energy of playing on the road and getting into the environment where it's just us against the world."

Brook Lopez finished with a season-high 27 points and 11 rebounds Wednesday, but Brooklyn committed a season-high 19 turnovers in a 101-87 loss at Atlanta. Lopez has been a bright spot with 20 points per game but no other player is averaging more than 12.

The Nets are off to their worst start since opening 0-18 during the 2009-10 season.

"I don't think anybody's happy to be in this position," guard Jarrett Jack said. "We've got to come out with a mentality of a desperate team trying to get a win on Friday."

Following a 11-game slide in the series, Brooklyn has won the past three meetings. The club averaged 110.5 points in sweeping last season's series for the first time since 2005-06. Lopez totaled 52 points and 25 rebounds, while Joe Johnson scored a combined 41.

The Nets enter this matchup having allowed 104.4 points per game and a 41.5 mark from 3-point range. The Lakers are averaging 106.8 points but shoot just 27.9 percent from 3.

Bryant and rookie D'Angelo Russell hope to end their shooting slumps. Bryant went 7 for 26 (26.9 percent) and Russell was 7 for 24 (29.2) in the past two games.

"Kobe's the last person I worry about," Scott said. "I know how he is."

Jordan Clarkson, averaging a team-high 18.3 points, will try to build on his career high-tying 30-point effort against the Nuggets. He finished with 18 points, seven assists and six rebounds in a 107-99 loss March 29 in the most recent meeting at Barclays Center.

Julius Randle, who missed most of last season with a broken leg, has totaled 38 points, 20 rebounds, five steals and two blocks over the past two games.

Jesus Valdez and his beautiful daughter will be representing the most rational Lakers fans of their entire fan base at the Barclays Center.

http://www.nba.com/games/20151106/LALBKN/gameinfo.html
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: GM 5: 11/06/15 Lakers at Nyets GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:03 pm

3Peat checking in. Neither team has won a game, wow!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Nycitylaker » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Checking in from Broooooooklyn! Just hanging outside Barclays Center and its electric. Tons of Laker fans here! I think the youngins are about to realize how much the purp and gold extends! Will they be inspired or choke under the pressure of all the expectations from fans on the road!
Side note: peeps loving my Los Lakers jersey I picked up while in Cali this summer.

Lakers for Life!
Nycitylaker

Postby Julius Russell » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Kobe is our biggest problem.

Randle has to rebound more
Julius Russell

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:10 pm

BAMF!!! Checking in super late -- so late in fact that it's the end of the 4th quarter and we're up by six . . which should prove very instrumental in our first win! :panic: :imok: :snapout:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:14 pm

Congrats on the guys getting their first win. DAR put in 16 and played a solid game it looks like. I am here at work so missed the game but checking out the stat line and highlights. They outshot us from the field 43% to 42% and outrebounded us 46-40 but we shot 40 FT's to their 20 and we made 31 of them. That looks like the difference. Looks like we played aggressive tonight for a change and it's nice to see us finally hold a team under 100 points as well. 104-98 final.
3Peatkb24

Postby Nycitylaker » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Nice game by our PnG. Looked like no one wanted the W towards the end but somehow we managed it. Definitely a pro LA crowd. I may have spawned a new laker for life by taking my daughter on her 15th bday. She was into the game and impressed by the fans support on the road. Now she wants me to take her to the Gawden in Sunday! We shall see. Gotta go, she's giving me the puppy eyes.......

LFL
Nycitylaker

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:33 pm

Nycitylaker wrote:Nice game by our PnG. Looked like no one wanted the W towards the end but somehow we managed it. Definitely a pro LA crowd. I may have spawned a new laker for life by taking my daughter on her 15th bday. She was into the game and impressed by the fans support on the road. Now she wants me to take her to the Gawden in Sunday! We shall see. Gotta go, she's giving me the puppy eyes.......

LFL

Maybe you and her both are our good luck charms. Glad you could witness a win. Great to get that first one!
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:42 pm

Just finished watching. I'm really glad that Byron went to MWP and Nance and sat Kelly and Huertas. I also like Black getting more minutes. Metta won this game for us and I like what I saw from Nance. This is a VERY young team in every aspect, so getting ANY win is a boost in confidence. Jesus, way to get us in the W column!!!

Hibbert is a complete stiff. Yeah, he had a couple of blocks near the end, but overall I have no interest in him.

Finally, I apologize for my lack of activity in the forum. I'm moving on November 20th and between that and work and taking care of my wife, I have very little time. Come the beginning of December, I'll kick it up a notch.

Back to packing!!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:50 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Just finished watching. I'm really glad that Byron went to MWP and Nance and sat Kelly and Huertas. I also like Black getting more minutes. Metta won this game for us and I like what I saw from Nance. This is a VERY young team in every aspect, so getting ANY win is a boost in confidence. Jesus, way to get is in the W column!!!

Hibbert is a complete stiff. Yeah, he had a couple of blocks near the end, but overall I have no interest in him.

Finally, I apologize for my lack of activity in teh forum. I'm moving on Novemebr 20th and between that and work and taking care of my wife, I have very little time. Come the beginning of December, I'll kick it up a notch.

Back to packing!!!

Yeah I was super busy too there for a minute and it was tough for me too post over the last month, we lost our other Site anyway so I guess it was good timing at least for me. I am glad I am done with this training stuff. I still get busy here at work but once everyone is gone I can at least Post now more late at night. I was so busy earlier tonight though I couldn't really follow the game. Just glad we won. Finally some great news to Post on for a change. I also agree that I would rather play Metta anyday than that stiff Kelly.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:45 pm

Hibbert is Hibbert Ken. He isn't getting help from anyone until Metta comes in.

I'll take him over Hill for sure. The problem is too many hits for 24, in terms of offense overall.

Today I thought this team played 3 good quarters jut like in. Game 1
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:26 am

Julius Russell wrote:Hibbert is Hibbert Ken. He isn't getting help from anyone until Metta comes in.

I'll take him over Hill for sure. The problem is too many hits for 24, in terms of offense overall.

Today I thought this team played 3 good quarters jut like in. Game 1

Every game our "future" gains more experience and, with that, hopefully more confidence. Russell looked improved except that he's not finding his teammates for easy baskets yet, but that will come. Randle is so aggressive that he can't help but improve because there's no better teaching tool than his over-aggressiveness, just like Jordan Clarkson learned how to slow down his game last season. Clarkson is determined to be an all-star, so we can see his smarts growing each game. Also, I have no doubt that Larry Nance, Jr. will be a rotation player in this league. His size, length and athleticism is tailor made for the modern game.

As for Mr. Hibbert, he's certainly 7'2" of 17 mil of cap space for next season. Hopefully, the team gels and he gets more help defensively. I see Randle improving at that end, but learning how to play team NBA defense takes a lot longer than learning how to play offense in this league. That is where the fans (and media) need to understand the concept of patience instead of constantly ripping this young team to shreds.

One last thought/question: Did anyone notice anything "slow" about Metta's foot speed last night on defense? There was one sequence where he seemed to go from strongside to weakside guarding at least three different players and blocked a corner three by (Ithink) Joe Johnson. I thought he was the best defensive player on the court all game .. period.
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:43 pm

It's all about mpg with guys like Metta.
Also Metta plays well, Kobe fed off that.

I thought Kobe and Russell were both tentative following preseason injuries and last night they attacked.

Russell does need to pass a bit more, Randle needs to rebound more.
Clarkson is the smartest(oldest) of the kids.
And I think when KB takes a game off, you'll see that AB fits in there with Nance.
Julius Russell

Return to LakerTalk