Gm 6 - 11/04/16: Warriors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: Gm 6 - 11/04/16: Warriors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:52 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:If the Lakers even sniff .500 Free Agents are going to be beating the doors of Staples. Luke already has a great reputation with a lot of players, players will want to play for him the more we win.

You know what? I agree, but this group may not need much more tweaking. If we can add one superstar to this core, we will be in contention in 3-4 years for #17. MAYBE sooner. Let's see what develops form these guys. Remember, it's a LO-O-O-NNNNNNNG and GRUELING 82.

Plug in Cousins at Center and we would be a scary force in a couple of years. He is a UFA after next season.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:09 pm

Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:11 pm

Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:

Yep Nance Sr made Rickey Green look like doo doo. The Lakers didn't win their 3rd game until the beginning of December last season and already have 3 wins on November 4th.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:50 am

Again:Luke
Putting guys in position to do well
Including Lou,Nick despite them not being from his regime.
Rewards both for playing hard and unselfish. Not simply catering to the kids, nor is he catering to Mosgov and Deng simply because they are the recently signed free agents. He managed to get Metta spot minutes early and even Thomas Robinson some spot minutes.

Lakers drafted versatile offense players, and there is SOME defensive talent, but mostly grit. I think we can start 7-3(though the Kings are really a bad matchup for us)
Julius Russell

Postby kjkirby » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:09 am

This no knock on Kobe, but the kids needed his farewell tour to be over to start to spread their wings. However, I do believe that some of his grit and determination has rubbed off on theses guys. It's still early and they're going to lose a lot of games late (Russell takes too many chances late in games), but they are going to be competitive. Ingram will be alright. This is exactly the environment that he needs to come along slowly. Eventually they will need a piece or two to contend for a title down the road (most likely a center, a dead eye shooter and a defensive lock down wing), but right now they are fun to watch. Soon they will be like that funny looking girl who took off her glasses and let her hair down, and you thought "damn she's not bad looking at all". The front office had nothing to offer free agents the last couple of years. Players are looking to be the missing piece with the potential to win. If the team keeps playing this way they should have no problem attracting free agents in the future. The problem is there may not be many spots left to fill.

The climb has finally begun.
kjkirby

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:02 am

kjkirby wrote:This no knock on Kobe, but the kids needed his farewell tour to be over to start to spread their wings. However, I do believe that some of his grit and determination has rubbed off on theses guys. It's still early and they're going to lose a lot of games late (Russell takes too many chances late in games), but they are going to be competitive. Ingram will be alright. This is exactly the environment that he needs to come along slowly. Eventually they will need a piece or two to contend for a title down the road (most likely a center, a dead eye shooter and a defensive lock down wing), but right now they are fun to watch. Soon they will be like that funny looking girl who took off her glasses and let her hair down, and you thought "damn she's not bad looking at all". The front office had nothing to offer free agents the last couple of years. Players are looking to be the missing piece with the potential to win. If the team keeps playing this way they should have no problem attracting free agents in the future. The problem is there may not be many spots left to fill.

Good morning kjkirby and welcome back to the fray! Great post and observations. Brandon Ingram is that lock down defensive wing of the future. He may not have the strength of Kawhi or Iggy or Roberson or Sefolosha, but he has more length, quickness and raw skill than any of them. I agree with 3Peat about Cousins, who his teammate, (Douchebag) Matt Barnes, implied is already eyeing the Lakers. We need the Queens to continue to suck, albeit they now have a solid head coach and a better roster than before. As for the dead eye shooter, we already have two for the future in Russell and Ingram. For now, Lou and Nick are doing their jobs keeping defenses honest from deep, but I agree that adding one more would be great and I still think that Clarkson will be the ultimate trade bait to land him, but he has to be one of those 3 & D types, not a Kyle Korver type.

They just entered the tunnel. All of us will know when they will start to see the light at the end of it, but it's not now. And yes, we can finally enjoy the climb!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby kjkirby » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:16 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
kjkirby wrote:This no knock on Kobe, but the kids needed his farewell tour to be over to start to spread their wings. However, I do believe that some of his grit and determination has rubbed off on theses guys. It's still early and they're going to lose a lot of games late (Russell takes too many chances late in games), but they are going to be competitive. Ingram will be alright. This is exactly the environment that he needs to come along slowly. Eventually they will need a piece or two to contend for a title down the road (most likely a center, a dead eye shooter and a defensive lock down wing), but right now they are fun to watch. Soon they will be like that funny looking girl who took off her glasses and let her hair down, and you thought "damn she's not bad looking at all". The front office had nothing to offer free agents the last couple of years. Players are looking to be the missing piece with the potential to win. If the team keeps playing this way they should have no problem attracting free agents in the future. The problem is there may not be many spots left to fill.

Good morning kjkirby and welcome back to the fray! Great post and observations. Brandon Ingram is that lock down defensive wing of the future. He may not have the strength of Kawhi or Iggy or Roberson or Sefolosha, but he has more length, quickness and raw skill than any of them. I agree with 3Peat about Cousins, who his teammate, (Douchebag) Matt Barnes, implied is already eyeing the Lakers. We need the Queens to continue to suck, albeit they now have a solid head coach and a better roster than before. As for the dead eye shooter, we already have two for the future in Russell and Ingram. For now, Lou and Nick are doing their jobs keeping defenses honest from deep, but I agree that adding one more would be great and I still think that Clarkson will be the ultimate trade bait to land him, but he has to be one of those 3 & D types, not a Kyle Korver type.

They just entered the tunnel. All of us will know when they will start to see the light at the end of it, but it's not now. And yes, we can finally enjoy the climb!

I did have Ingram in mind for the lock down wing and I also have an eye on Boogie. Please no Kyle Korver types. I'm just glad that the games have become fun to watch again. It's almost like the late 90's with Nick and Eddie, just before Kobe and Shaq.
kjkirby

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:23 am

Julius Russell wrote:.. this is a borderline playoff team if healthy

It's interesting you say that because I was just looking at all the box scores and the standings. We might be better than Dallas, New Orleans, MAYBE Minnesota (although I question that), MAYBE the Queens (although we don't match up well against them, but others do), and MAYBE Phoenix, Denver, Memphis (if they can't stay healthy) and Houston (long shot on that). Long season, and the cream always rises, so we'll see.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby kjkirby » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:48 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
Julius Russell wrote:.. this is a borderline playoff team if healthy

It's interesting you say that because I was just looking at all the box scores and the standings. We might be better than Dallas, New Orleans, MAYBE Minnesota (although I question that), MAYBE the Queens (although we don't match up well against them, but others do), and MAYBE Phoenix, Denver, Memphis (if they can't stay healthy) and Houston (long shot on that). Long season, and the cream always rises, so we'll see.

I'd say better than New Orleans and Dallas right now. I need to see more of the season in regards to the others. Minnesota has a lot of talent, but doesn't seem able to close out games right now.
kjkirby

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:22 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:38 pm

We could challenge for an 8th Spot this season and get into the party. I have to see more first, after 30 games I will know for sure but as of now we look every bit as good or better than the Pelicans, Kings, Nuggets, Suns, Mavs, Rockets, Wolves, and Jazz. That is 8 teams I Just named. If we finish better than those 8 teams we will be a 7th Seed actually. 1 of those teams could even be better and we still get an 8. Wolves have the most potential to being better/having a better record IMO out of those teams, Jazz and Rockets not sure??
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk