(1-2)Image at Image(2-2)

Thursday, October 13, 2016, 7:30 PM PDT
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV

Referees: Scott Foster, Tre Maddox, Jonathan Sterling

Line: Lakers -4

Image[/img]

GAME PREVIEW: QUEENS AT LAKERS

by W. Griffith, sactownroyalty.com

After a barn burner of a game on Monday night against Maccabi Haifa, the Kings set their sights on a rematch with the young and talented Los Angeles Lakers. Meeting up for their annual exhibition in Las Vegas, both teams have something to coming into their 7:30 match in the T-Mobile Arena. With a 2-2 record in preseason, the young Laker’s squad is out to show that their win nine days ago wasn’t just a matter of happenstance after Sacramento’s coach pulled his starters in the second half, and the Kings (especially the bench) have an opportunity to show how they adjust to being taken down by a team with young talent who showed more poise and execution down the stretch to snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat. Fire up your old Sears Silvertone radio, because this game is once again being played in an arena not yet reached by Sacramento television station signal (or broadcasting rights). Let’s talk Kings basketball.

Some Things to Consider:

Return of the Kings: When a team plays in the same fashion as the Kings did back on October 4th against the Lakers, both the highs and lows on the game seem to be taken with a grain of salt. With as many vets as Sacramento has, the final score of these preseason games come with a bit of perspective; losses aren’t so hard to take because these are essentially warm-up games, and the injuries to their pride and body just aren’t worth getting worked up over in a game against a team like the Lakers have right now. But, for the younger guys on the squad who are trying to make their mark on the NBA and an early impression on the coaching staff, a loss in the fashion of that previous game against the Lakers, smells a lot more like a locker room in Reno than it does one in Sacramento. As the regular season quickly approaches, the hope for a game like this one against Los Angeles is that again Kings coaches limit the playing time for their core rotation, and allow the young guns to go out their and show how well they’ve adjusted to a team that mopped the floor with them in the second half of their previous game. Willie Cauley-Stein, Georgios Papagiannis, Skal Labissière, Malachi Richardson and even Ben McLemore have NBA level talent that has really yet to shine in these preseason games. As the preseason draws to a close, look to have a couple of the young guys really aiming to make that impression on the staff, veteran players and coaches.

The Long Arm of the Law(son): One play who has really come in a done well for the Kings in preseason so far has been speedy back-up point guard, Ty Lawson. While just about everyone on the Kings had measures of success against Maccabi Haifa on Monday night, it was Lawson who really stood out on the stat sheet: 18 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds in all of 18 minutes out there on the court is pretty impressive even when considering the level of competition in front of him. Ty has founds some early success with the Kings and with Darren Collison suspended for the first eight games of the season, the teams playoff hopes will go the way Ty goes, a frightening thought that gets a little less so with every passing game. Half of the games that the Kings play in the opening eight games are against teams that were in the playoffs last year, and of those eight, only the Heat are objectively worse than they were at the start of this season than last. The Kings first eight point guard match ups alone are as follows: Eric Bledsoe, Tony Parker, Ricky Rubio, Dennis Schroeder, Goran Dragic, Elfrid “We All Want Him, but Lets Just Say Stauskas for the Cameras” Payton, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Kyle Lowry. No small task for any guard in this league, but, for one dropped by the last three teams he’s been on? It’s daunting, to say the least. Ty will have to carry the level of success he’s been having into the regular season and past the eight games that Collison is gone if the Kings are hoping to have any shot of reaching the post season; a benchmark in which just about every member of the team has sited as their goal for the season.

Prediction:
After Brandon Ingram skips his lunchtime meal in favor of watching the elderly play slot machines, his body becomes so thin that when he jogs over to check into Thursday night’s game, he instead slips between the cracks of space and time and disappears into the Twilight Zone forever. D’Angelo Russell gets the news from doctors before tip-off that it isn’t ice in his veins, but tiny, frozen bricks and the fear of build-up in his arteries distracts him and leads him to shoot 3-21 from the field, and 0-15 in the second half.
[/quote]

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2016/10/1 ... lo-russell
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Preseason Game 5: Queens at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:41 pm

For shits and giggles, I am posting the game previews mainly from opposing team's rags and blogs. This was made me giggle. In the info about the game portion that you can see if you click on the link (but was redundant here), it says "TV: Nope." "lol4: As 3Peat would say, "great stuff."
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:08 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:For shits and giggles, I am posting the game previews mainly from opposing team's rags and blogs. This was made me giggle. In the info about the game portion that you can see if you click on the link (but was redundant here), it says "TV: Nope." "lol4: As 3Peat would say, "great stuff."

Yeah we do have a game tonight, I almost forgot! Go Lakers! I am getting ready to watch the Dodgers at Nats for now and The Broncos play at Chargers too. Great night for sports.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:52 pm

When you haven't won shit in forever, your analysts need analysts -- "lay on a couch and tell me about your mother" style. That quip about Ingram was kind of inventive though. Beat these court jesters into submission for taking up space in OUR division, and silence the still-butt-hurt fans who never knew Sacramento had a team until Webber and Bibby made some noise.

:punkincarv:
lakerevolution

Postby Julius Russell » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:30 pm

Cousins is the worst matchup for our bigs, maybe all bigs.
Gay can neutralize Deng.

Up to DLO, Clarkson and the bench mob to win this game for us
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:00 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I am getting ready to watch the Dodgers at Nats for now and The Broncos play at Chargers too. Great night for sports.

Yeah, I'm flipping between the Dodgers-Nats and Chargers, too. Got the Lakers recorded.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:15 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I am getting ready to watch the Dodgers at Nats for now and The Broncos play at Chargers too. Great night for sports.

Yeah, I'm flipping between the Dodgers-Nats and Chargers, too. Got the Lakers recorded.

Russell looks awesome tonight with 29 so far! Nice comeback 78-78 in the 3rd, we were down by 19 points. Great win for the Chargers too, man they needed that bigtime. Denver is starting to show flaws without Peyton. Back to the Lakers, Russ has been canning 3's like crazy!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:45 pm

Don't have a lot to say about the Lakers game tonight other than Russell has played GREAT. Cousins didn't play and they are starting to run away with the game but encouraged by Russell's play.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:38 am

Russell looked like a great player out there. He isn't yet but he certainly will be if healthy.

I'm a Randle fan. I can wait for him to see the game better and improve on his jumper
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:17 am

Julius Russell wrote:Russell looked like a great player out there. He isn't yet but he certainly will be if healthy.

I'm a Randle fan. I can wait for him to see the game better and improve on his jumper

Yeah, I think we're seeing glimpses of the player Russell will be. If he becomes THAT player, he'll be an all-star as early as next season. As for Randle, I'm ambivalent about him. I don't see chemistry between Russell and Randle, much like I didn't see any between Kobe and Lamar until Pau arrived and glued them together. The truth is that I am hoping that the Queens are a trainwreck again and that Boogie demands a trade .. TO US. The problem is that they hired a solid modern day head coach.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:02 am

Randle looks like he should have stayed in college.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:11 am

lakerevolution wrote:Randle looks like he should have stayed in college.

I love the way he hits the Boards but his Offensive game needs major work. Lets see how he progresses this season. I don't picture him as being a #2 guy anyway. I think Russell and Ingram will be the BatMan and Robin of this team in the future. Randle is a solid 3rd option along with Clarkson. I think Ingram will actually become our best player in 2 seasons becoming BatMan of the team. Not a knock against Russell as I like what I am seeing out of him but still never see him as being like a Curry, Westbrook, Irving, Lillard type of player or the leader CP3 is. I see more John Wall in him if he gets the Assists up a tad which is still Very Good. Wall is rated by most sites between a 6-8 best PG in the league. Wall was rated 10th on Hollinger's PER list regarding PG's. Russell has size like him, both shoot about the same, etc.. I can see Ingram being similar to Durant or Paul George in the future being Coached by Luke, Ingram's potential is through the roof. Let me throw this out there, would you guys trade Clarkson, Randle, and a Draft pick for Cousins? We would still have Nance to play PF and have Russell at PG. Not saying the Kings would do it but Cousins gets frustrated every season and if the Kings start off bad again who knows. Kings may do a trade like that because we are giving them 2 young players that have solid potential. I already think Clarkson is Good and Randle is a Very Good Rebounder.

What if we rolled out:
PG Russell
SG Lou Williams
SF Luol Deng
PF Nance
C Cousins
For now your 6th man would be Ingram. Tell me that team cant win 35 games at worse in their first season playing together? We would still have Mozgov and Zubac for 2 other 7 footers that are better than what we had with Roy, Sacre, and Kelly.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:44 am

Hopefully under Luke's tutelage, he will figure this NBA stuff out, but the truth is that other than his knack for the boards and some ZBo-like work inside, I'm less excited about him than I was when we drafted him. He's undersized and hurts the interior defense and I have doubts whether that will ever change given his less than impressive lateral footwork and inability to even come close to altering shots. He needs how to learn how to body up muscle his opposing bigs inside without fouling them. Yes, he's a different type of player but I guy who rips down rebounds and goes coact to coast has only limited value in the NBA, whether it's the modern game or at any other time during the glorious history of the league. I don't see a future all-star in Julius, but he could be trade bait. Not thrilled.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:31 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Hopefully under Luke's tutelage, he will figure this NBA stuff out, but the truth is that other than his knack for the boards and some ZBo-like work inside, I'm less excited about him than I was when we drafted him. He's undersized and hurts the interior defense and I have doubts whether that will ever change given his less than impressive lateral footwork and inability to even come close to altering shots. He needs how to learn how to body up muscle his opposing bigs inside without fouling them. Yes, he's a different type of player but I guy who rips down rebounds and goes coact to coast has only limited value in the NBA, whether it's the modern game or at any other time during the glorious history of the league. I don't see a future all-star in Julius, but he could be trade bait. Not thrilled.

I love the way Randle Rebounds, I also love that he is a lefty, usually that gives Offensive players an advantage because they are rare. I do agree he's trade bait and so is Clarkson. We actually have decent trade bait for a change if Mitch wanted to make a move.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:58 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I'll stay optimistic about him and hope for the best for him, but yeah he needs to become more dimensional and a glue kind of hustle tweener since he's too small to be a Z-Bo and too bulky and clumsy to be a Clarkson-type. If he learns to find his spaces on the floor on offense and nail timely short-to-mid-range jumpers and be super-scrappy in the paint on both ends, he might be valuable to our rebuild. I'd love to see him become more of a Worthy-type, maybe he will in a few more years - he's still very young.
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk