Games you guys have attended?

Games you guys have attended?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:42 am

I was really thinking hard this morning at how many times I have seen the Lakers live and Colts live and I want to say I have seen the Lakers 27 times at Indiana including Game 3 of the 2000 NBA Finals. 1st game I attended was in 1985 and I rarely miss going when they make their 1 trip a year. So 27 is the number there. I cant put an exact number of Colts home games I have attended but the very 1st game I attended was against the Bills in 1987, Eric Dickerson's first season in Indy, we won the Division that season - we lost that game though. I also got to see the great 49ers in 1989here at Indy - we lost that game. I also went to 2 games in 1995 = the season Harbaugh took us to the AFC Title Game Rams and Dolphins here at Indy - we won both games. During the Peyton Manning era from 1998-2011, I want I say have gone to 35 games or so + the Playoff game vs Denver in 2003 when we waxed them! I also traveled to Chicago in 2004 and made a weekend out of it to watch live the Colts at Bears. During the Luck era I have been to 3 games here at Indy (2012-2015) and Sunday will make my 4th when we play Chicago. Overall I will put the number of Colts games I have attended at 42, it will be #43 on Sunday.
So my tally is:
27 Lakers games at Indiana (attended Game 3 of the 2000 NBA Finals)
41 Colts games at Indianapolis, 1 Colts game at Chicago will be 43 totalcome Sunday (attended Playoff game vs Denver in 2003). The best game I ever attended was vs the Patriots here at Indy, the 4th and 2 game when we beat them 35-34 after trailing 34-14! Manning to Wayne in the last seconds for the win! That was a Sunday night game too. That put us 9-0 at the time. Tommy Boy was crying his eyes out after that one!

-Just wondering what games you guys have attended? If you have been to a lot of Lakers games just estimate how many like I did with the Colts.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Games you guys have attended?

Postby Lakers4Life » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:36 pm

I use to sneak into the Fabulous (Great Western) Forum back in 80's. There were many ways to sneak in back then. My favorite was "shadowing" behind reporters or whoever with media credentials (they didn't need a ticket). They would walk in a special entrance with only 1 worker at the door. Usually they never said anything. But when they did, luckily from the door to the arena entrance were only about 50 feet. The arena is so big that by the time they were yelling "HEY"! My friends and I were already in.

After awhile it got harder & harder to get in that way. So I would by a student priced ticket (anywhere from $5 to $15). Then once I was in, a milf of one of my friends worked as an usher in the front (expensive) section. I would look for her after the 1st quarter or halftime and ask if there were any seats available where somebody didn't show up. There weren't many but there were always a couple of seats free.

So I was lucky to watch many Laker games this way from junior high and all through high school. I probably saw about 50+ games this way. (It would had been more but I didn't have a car & taking the bus into the heart of Inglewood late at nights was not a good idea to lengthen your life span)

During the 90's and up to today I've paid for my tickets. But especially now I prefer to watch games at a sports bar or my home unless it's a huge game and I want to feel that electricity you feel when 20,000 LAKER fans get together under one roof rocking Staple Center with that Laker vibe & love!!

I've been to many playoff games like game 4 vs the Spurs the game & series where we swept them and blew them out. Also against the "Queens" back in 2001. And the only game we won vs Detroit in the 2004 Finas when Kobe hit that pull up long 3 to tie the game at buzzer to get to OT. Then we eventually won.

Nowadays I don't go as much because of the mula $$. & my 2 kids. But I'd like to go to a game with Kenny and other TrueFans at least once this year.
Lakers4Life

Re: Games you guys have attended?

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:02 am

Not enough! I went to the Forum once or twice as a kid and I've been to Oracle plenty of times; I even caught a couple games at Key Arena in Seattle. I'm going to start making a couple trips down to Staples each season to witness the climb back to respectability for our young squad -- hopefully we can co-ordinate a TrueFan meeting soon!
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk