All my heroes are gone.

All my heroes are gone.

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:26 pm

I was part of Arnie's Army, so his passing shines a light on my own mortality.

Mantle
Unitas
Arnie
Ali

These were my youthful heroes. RIP great ones.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Re: All my heroes are gone.

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:47 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:I was part of Arnie's Army, so his passing shines a light on my own mortality.

Mantle
Unitas
Arnie
Ali

These were my youthful heroes. RIP great ones.

Arnold Palmer was a class act. One of my closest friends is from Shaker heights and his family and the Palmers were very close. 3 of those 4 are on my childhood list. I always rooted for Arnie over Jack. I was too young to appreciate Johnny U. In fact, I rooted for Joe Willie Namath and his "guarantee" in Super Bowl III, although that's probably the only time I ever rooted for the Jets. I believe it was 2 years later when Earl Morrall was at the helm when they beat the Cowboys.

Rest in Peace to the King of Golf!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: All my heroes are gone.

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:14 pm

RIP to Mr Palmer. Hell of a golfer! Top 5 ever IMO. I love this thread too because of the way Nuggs mentioned his hero's. Mine are Magic Johnson, Peyton Manning, and Kobe Bryant for main 3 plus I love Kareem so I am lucky they are still living. I worry about Kareem at times because he is getting up there in age but I haven't heard anything bad about his health lately. Magic will live to be 100 IMO, even with HIV - Magic is a God. Anyway yeah it sucks when someone you idolizes passes away and Mr Palmer was one of the faces of Golf.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk