Other NBA discussion

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:39 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

:puzlyellow: I don't see what lpmua6 said was that bad? Hear me out a lot of athlete's and celebrities have been ripping this guy to shreds since he got elected but what have they done to help the country? Like a bunch of children that didn't get their toy! A bunch a whiney millionaires sitting there bitching and crying because this guy got elected but they do don't shit to help the country out. They go out and party and live it up daily! You have people like Justin Beiber and Katy Perry making 50 million dollars a year, no wonder why we are in debt. I make 20 fucking dollars an hour and work my ass off, do you think Kobe gives a shit about me or the economy, NO, he is sitting on his Coach in his 20 million dollar house which 20 families can live in bitching about the president. I mean really? Think about that for a minute. I am very against someone kneeling for the flag, it disrespects our country and our military . It is just wrong. If a Pro athlete or celebrity has a problem with issues in our country go on CNN or FOX and express it on TV, give money toward the economy. The Football field isn't the place for it, JMO. I watch Football to get a way from political shit and now can even do that anymore. Why the fuck would anyone think it is right to kneel before the flag of our country? Guys that have died for that flag.

I personally wouldn't do it, but they have a right to express their viewpoints. Remember, they are protesting the never ending flood of racial divide. I'm sure that each and every one of them respects our service men and women (unlike Tr*mp, who has chosen to discriminate against transgender people who serve). He is a bigot of the worst kind and to suggest that owners FIRE the "sons of bitches" who take a knee is just further evidence of his bigotry. He is fine with tweeting cruel things against black athletes, but when Nazis gathered to protest resulting in the death of a peaceful counter protester, there were bad people on "both sides." These athletes have the luxury of being able to have a voice, so doing their shit behind the scenes isn't as effective as doing it BEFORE the game starts. So IMO they aren't doing this "on the football filed" at all. They are doing it before the game even starts. What Tr*mp said was out of line. He is trying to control free speech from his bully pulpit. Somehow locking arms in protest to his fucked up words is OK, but kneeling is disrespectful? He has no business telling us that White Supremacism is OK, but saying that black athletes can't protest systemic racism. So he is fine telling these billionaire owners to fire their black players if they don't act a certain way, but he hasn't said one thing about a foreign adversary interfering in our elections. He is one fucked up asshole any way you slice it and I am thrilled that black football players are saying fuck you right back to him. This deranged piece of shit has no business being our president.

Here's one of many tweets I agree with.

You know me I am not big on political talk. I know you take this way more serious than me. Like you, I didn't want lpmua6 in and like you I also wouldn't kneel while the Anthem is being sung. In this instance I just think he really didn't say anything wrong regarding his stance about the kneeling of the flag. Of course he could've worded it better instead of saying fire those SOB's - that was childish. Regarding these Celebrities and Pro sports players that are multi millionaire's that complain about our country, I still say instead of complaining they should be more active and get involved more politically on stances. I am all about equality but I just think the Football field or a Football game is not where to display this. That is 3 hours of my time where I want to get my mind off this stuff and cant even do it anymore.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:04 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:In this instance I just think he really didn't say anything wrong regarding his stance about the kneeling of the flag. Of course he could've worded it better instead of saying fire those SOB's - that was childish. Regarding these Celebrities and Pro sports players that are multi millionaire's that complain about our country, I still say instead of complaining they should be more active and get involved more politically on stances. I am all about equality but I just think the Football field or a Football game is not where to display this. That is 3 hours of my time where I want to get my mind off this stuff and cant even do it anymore.

THAT is saying something "wrong" BIGLY! 3Peat, this is NOT about disrespecting the flag or even being un-American. This is a peaceful protest about police brutality, institutional racism and yesterday was about defying a basketball? President. Republicans are great at changing the message and Tr*mp is great at branding and being a huckster. So where does he go? To a NASCAR event where he knows the crowd is both white and conservative and touts them for being good Americans. Such bullshit. He's scumbag con artist. Don't fall into his trap. This is about exercising free speech in a peaceful manner for an all burning important issue, so Tr*mp has taken the occasion to divide the country even further with his bombastic remarks.

Meanwhile, 3.5 million people in Puerto Rico are without electricity and their crops have been completely destroyed and he has been completely silent. Why? He hates brown and black people. Puerto Ricans are AMERICANS, so whose being disrespectful? Trust me, these black athletes are just as American as you and I. They are not disrespecting our country as a whole; they love our country. They are just raising awareness on a very important issue. Even Tom Brady, a Tr*mp supporter, said he went too far and locked arms yesterday. The other side of this coin, which is the way you feel, is easy to support, but it's not about that unless you buy into hatred for "liberal" (American) ideals. JM(not so)HO

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:06 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:In this instance I just think he really didn't say anything wrong regarding his stance about the kneeling of the flag. Of course he could've worded it better instead of saying fire those SOB's - that was childish. Regarding these Celebrities and Pro sports players that are multi millionaire's that complain about our country, I still say instead of complaining they should be more active and get involved more politically on stances. I am all about equality but I just think the Football field or a Football game is not where to display this. That is 3 hours of my time where I want to get my mind off this stuff and cant even do it anymore.

THAT is saying something "wrong" BIGLY! 3Peat, this is NOT about disrespecting the flag or even being un-American. This is a peaceful protest about police brutality, institutional racism and yesterday was about defying a basketball? President. Republicans are great at changing the message and Tr*mp is great at branding and being a huckster. So where does he go? To a NASCAR event where he knows the crowd is both white and conservative and touts them for being good Americans. Such bullshit. He's scumbag con artist. Don't fall into his trap. This is about exercising free speech in a peaceful manner for an all burning important issue, so Tr*mp has taken the occasion to divide the country even further with his bombastic remarks.

Meanwhile, 3.5 million people in Puerto Rico are without electricity and their crops have been completely destroyed and he has been completely silent. Why? He hates brown and black people. Puerto Ricans are AMERICANS, so whose being disrespectful? Trust me, these black athletes are just as American as you and I. They are not disrespecting our country as a whole; they love our country. They are just raising awareness on a very important issue. Even Tom Brady, a Tr*mp supporter, said he went too far and locked arms yesterday. The other side of this coin, which is the way you feel, is easy to support, but it's not about that unless you buy into hatred for "liberal" (American) ideals. JM(not so)HO

I'm not disagreeing with you regarding lpmua6 being basketball? or bigot and actually agree he comes off as a bully. I just don't like the platform these players are using to get their point across. Kneeling for the flag is a no no, no matter the cause. JMO. Probably the 1 time I agree with lpmua6 :roflmao: I don't have hate toward liberals at all or the ideas a liberal have. I consider myself more liberal actually but some of these pro sports players and celebrities whine too much for my taste. These are people that have it made and have millions of dollars.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:03 pm

There a lot of people saying they will quit watching Football and buying merchandise if the kneeling continues. I mean a lot of people are offended by this. I wont go that far as far as not watching but I don't like it all. I just wish the players in every sport could just find a much better platform to protest inequality. This isn't a good look for Football.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:51 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:There a lot of people saying they will quit watching Football and buying merchandise if the kneeling continues. I mean a lot of people are offended by this. I wont go that far as far as not watching but I don't like it all. I just wish the players in every sport could just find a much better platform to protest inequality. This isn't a good look for Football.

You don't have to like it, just respect where these athletes are coming from. What "other" (better) platform is there for them to get their message out? Twitter? Sportscenter? As for those people who will quit watching football and buying merchandise, that's their choice, just like it is the choice of professional athletes to take a stance against racism. Tr*mp is a menace, pure and simple. If he doesn't utter those words from his bully pulpit, the events of yesterday would not have happened. As the leader of this country it is his responsibility to unify us, not divide us. He took an an ax and split us right in half on this one (of many).

Perhaps a word from Gregg Popovich is in order here:

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:56 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:There a lot of people saying they will quit watching Football and buying merchandise if the kneeling continues. I mean a lot of people are offended by this. I wont go that far as far as not watching but I don't like it all. I just wish the players in every sport could just find a much better platform to protest inequality. This isn't a good look for Football.

You don't have to like it, just respect where these athletes are coming from. What "other" (better) platform is there for them to get their message out? Twitter? Sportscenter? As for those people who will quit watching football and buying merchandise, that's their choice, just like it is the choice of professional athletes to take a stance against racism. Tr*mp is a menace, pure and simple. If he doesn't utter those words from his bully pulpit, the events of yesterday would not have happened. As the leader of this country it is his responsibility to unify us, not divide us. He took an an ax and split us right in half on this one (of many).

Perhaps a word from Gregg Popovich is in order here:

I do respect it, I just think wrong platform and although worded like a bully all lpmua6's basic message was - kneeling for the flag is wrong. You say what other platforms can some of these guys go on? How about ESPN shows like Mike and Mike or 1st Take to talk about equality, everyone would watch those shows. How about going on a show like Bill Maher's like IceCube did and expressed himself professionally and well. If someone like Cam Newton announced he was going on the Bill Maher show to talk about inequality for an hour, it would shatter ratings.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Yeah . . . not gonna even begin to comment on this one. You know my name. RevolutionIsNow. :goUSA: :wishbone: :pissedkobe:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:39 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Yeah . . . not gonna even begin to comment on this one. You know my name. RevolutionIsNow. :goUSA: :wishbone: :pissedkobe:

:roflmao: I don't blame you, I normally don't comment on stuff like this either. Makes me sick I have defend lpmua6 on this one - not his words but him being against kneeling for the flag. I am just against that. I am done with it now though and said my peace on it. Now I probably look like a country boy Podunk hick to some people that have read my rants, oh well :waaaaa: :fanshithit: Fact is I love all people and I also think our Celebrities that have millions dollars need to help this country out a lot more, some do help but could do more IMO. Speak out more but besides speaking help the economy out as well.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:04 am

Not to prolong this political thread but Kaep knelt in protest of police unjustly murdering people and getting no conviction - just a paid vacation. Had nothing to do with the flag, our troops, lpmua6, etc. He was just sick of seeing young black and brown men (and sometimes women) being violated with little to no reprecussion. It's been going on for generations in America, most of the powers-that-be in law enforcement and government (some of who are undoubtedly linked to the KKK) have no intention of speaking on it, and the truth is we as citizens have little power to do anything. So telling a man not to use his fame as an athlete to protest would be like telling Muhammad Ali not to protest Vietnam. Tough times call for sacrifices, but often create heroes. Kaep may never play in the NFL again, but he has cemented his name as an icon in the history of sports and politics. Players didn't even come out of the tumnel until AFTER the anthem until 2009, so this is a bunch of political propogandist fake patriotism stuff anyway. America is great when we are great - not when some Chump who DODGED military service says "stand or you're fired, you son of a bitch!"

:grouphug:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:23 am

lakerevolution wrote:Not to prolong this political thread but Kaep knelt in protest of police unjustly murdering people and getting no conviction - just a paid vacation. Had nothing to do with the flag, our troops, lpmua6, etc. He was just sick of seeing young black and brown men (and sometimes women) being violated with little to no reprecussion. It's been going on for generations in America, most of the powers-that-be in law enforcement and government (some of who are undoubtedly linked to the KKK) have no intention of speaking on it, and the truth is we as citizens have little power to do anything. So telling a man not to use his fame as an athlete to protest would be like telling Muhammad Ali not to protest Vietnam. Tough times call for sacrifices, but often create heroes. Kaep may never play in the NFL again, but he has cemented his name as an icon in the history of sports and politics. Players didn't even come out of the tumnel until AFTER the anthem until 2009, so this is a bunch of political propogandist fake patriotism stuff anyway. America is great when we are great - not when some Chump who DODGED military service says "stand or you're fired, you son of a bitch!"

:grouphug:

Yeah there are some talks now that maybe lpmua6 can meet with guys like LeBron and some Football players in a public setting and give their views on things. Their are a ton of people that are offended by the kneeling stuff, a lot of us wont see it because it's the average person in life. We only see stuff on TV that support the kneeling because it is athletes and celebrities agreeing with it. At my work almost everyone is against it. I have a friend that works at Fed Ex and they have thousands of employees there and he was telling me almost everyone was against the kneeling even black people were against it. Many aren't even going to renew their Colts season tickets now. It is just the wrong platform like I said yesterday. I was watching 1st Take earlier and Will Cain, Max, and Stephen A. said a Poll of general people was 64% on Trumps side with this, regarding kneeling was wrong. Only 36 % agree with it.

I get why the players are doing it but wrong platform JMO.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:46 am

Dwyane Wade is now a Cav! Well he will be tomorrow when he clears waivers. Wade and LeBron back together.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:47 am

Pence is from Indiana, so those % are going to be HEAVILY skewed against the average U.S. numbers. This is all about control. The rich politicians and owners want it to be 1850 when Blacks, Chinese and Mexicans (and the Irish :waaaaa: ) would just stay in their place and be good little servants. Uh uh. This is 2017 and LeBron will NEVER meet with this non-presidential chump. I'm proud of LeBron and Curry for speaking up and saying what most of us feel about this joke of a man. Why isn't he tweeting about rushing relief to Puerto Rico or improving health care for veterans? He wants America to be great again but so far he's making it the laughing stock of the rest of the world.
Last edited by lakerevolution on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:48 am

Wow. Wade, your credibility just took a huge dive. What a follower. Guess his hometown Bulls didn't care for him.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 am

3Peat

I think it is great that we can have a civil discussion on this subject and it would be nice if the entire country could do that as opposed to the rift that it has caused, MAINLY because the Bully in Chief really pissed off the athletes. Kap is one person who has paid a dear price for his principles, but these athletes and many, many, MANY others, INCLUDING JERRY JONES, are now protesting Tr*mp. Put that in perspective. There is no other or better platform for them to fight back against Tr*mp's blatant racism.

HAVING SAID THAT, when I proudly remove my cap and stand for the National Anthem, the flag means a whole hell of a lot more than just our military and those who have fought for our freedoms. It stands for each and every one of us who contribute to this great country. It stands for my appreciation to live in the greatest country in the history of the world and to enjoy all it has to offer. It is a privilege to be an American, so let's not reduce this to this somehow insulting our veterans. Pure and simple, that is simply changing the narrative.

HOWEVER, of course it includes my appreciation for those who have served and continue to serve to protect our freedoms. There isn't a veteran who I know or meet who I don't thank profusely for their service to our country. Many of my clients thank me back because they say that very few people tell them that. I feel it is my obligation. But remember that the freedoms that they fought for and fight for INCLUDE the right to free speech, free expression and free assembly. In a sense, by using this platform, they are honoring our troops. Kaepernick's decision to do this was just as Rev described. The response to our Asshole in Chief was a direct rebuttal to him! These athletes love our country as much as you and I do. It is easy to simplify this and say that it is just about disrespecting the flag, but it goes much deeper than that for them and when the person with the biggest bully pulpit uses it to tell owners to fire their employees ("sons of bitches") for not standing for the Anthem, that would and SHOULD set everyone off and it did.

Again, you don't have to like it, but when you see a conservative like Jerry Jones lock arms and kneel with his players out of support and when the Honorable Gregg Popovich says that our country in an embarrassment in the world because of Tr*mp right now, one must take pause. If after that pause you still agree with Tr*mp, that is your right just as much as it is anyone's right to resist him. Our servicemen have fought for and fight for exactly that.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:51 am

Re Wade, the NBA is a joke. Hey David Stern, your 2011 CBA really worked out well, didn't it?
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk