Other NBA discussion

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:49 am

Here's a Kawhi Leonard article with the most detail on teh trade status than any I have read. It is still a whole lot of nothing:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2412 ... -next-week
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 am

Anybody besides me sense that the Draymond/KD dustup was like a sign that the Warriors' best days are behind them? Kobe and Shaq's beef reached its height after the Threepeat, when superstar egos and injuries and the mental strain of being champions for so long was taking its toll. Contracts, rumors, changes in the wind . . it all spells a new day for the Melo-less Rockets and the upstart Lakers. Blood in the water. Yes, the Dubs are still the most dangerous team in basketball, but now there are mental and physical cracks in their armor. Time to attack.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:08 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Anybody besides me sense that the Draymond/KD dustup was like a sign that the Warriors' best days are behind them? Kobe and Shaq's beef reached its height after the Threepeat, when superstar egos and injuries and the mental strain of being champions for so long was taking its toll. Contracts, rumors, changes in the wind . . it all spells a new day for the Melo-less Rockets and the upstart Lakers. Blood in the water. Yes, the Dubs are still the most dangerous team in basketball, but now there are mental and physical cracks in their armor. Time to attack.

I still think they 3Peat. After this season though, their run will be over. I can see Durant leaving and even maybe Klay leaving after the season. Curry will always be a Warrior IMO, I think Green will always be a Warrior as well. I hope they lose somehow though because I love the fact the Lakers are the last team to 3Peat and that is an important piece of history in 2002.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:23 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:21 am

Why. Why join the Lakers when LeBron is there and we're looking to build a young core. I like KD, he's a modern great, a HOF scorer and a rugged son-of-a-bitch. But c'mon. Do we want to win this way?
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:45 am

lakerevolution wrote:Why. Why join the Lakers when LeBron is there and we're looking to build a young core. I like KD, he's a modern great, a HOF scorer and a rugged son-of-a-bitch. But c'mon. Do we want to win this way?

"Do we want to win this way?" - Yes, whatever it takes to win I am for it. It still amazes how some Lakers fans are glad we lost in 2004 because Malone was on the team. Had we won in 2004, Kobe would've had 6 Rings tied with Michael and his GOAT talk would be much higher. To me 2004 is the most disappointed I have ever been as a Laker fan other than 1984 because we had no business losing to the Pistons. That same Pistons team was down 3-2 to the freakin Nets in the Semi-Finals that year. We beat the Spurs (Duncan/Parker/Gino/Pop) and Wolves (Garnett) who both had HCA. If any Finals was rigged it was that one and my step-dad even agrees. Pistons shot twice as many FT's as well. So if we add Durant and have to win that way I will take it. A Championship is a Championship :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:10 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Why. Why join the Lakers when LeBron is there and we're looking to build a young core. I like KD, he's a modern great, a HOF scorer and a rugged son-of-a-bitch. But c'mon. Do we want to win this way?

"Do we want to win this way?" - Yes, whatever it takes to win I am for it. It still amazes how some Lakers fans are glad we lost in 2004 because Malone was on the team. Had we won in 2004, Kobe would've had 6 Rings tied with Michael and his GOAT talk would be much higher. To me 2004 is the most disappointed I have ever been as a Laker fan other than 1984 because we had no business losing to the Pistons. That same Pistons team was down 3-2 to the freakin Nets in the Semi-Finals that year. We beat the Spurs (Duncan/Parker/Gino/Pop) and Wolves (Garnett) who both had HCA. If any Finals was rigged it was that one and my step-dad even agrees. Pistons shot twice as many FT's as well. So if we add Durant and have to win that way I will take it. A Championship is a Championship :cheers:

That Pistons team was healthy and was a well oiled defensive machine, a 24 second clock possession by possession thing of beauty that was clicking on all cylinders by the time we played them, produced 4 all-stars and went on a 7 year deep playoff run and is one of the most underrated teams of all-time. They played team basketball like the 1969-70 Knicks, 1976-77 Blazers and 2013-14 Spurs, to name a few) Meanwhile, the 2004 Lakers were malcontent after Kobe's 2003 summer, were old (Payton, Malone, Fox - Shaw and Horry gone), injured (Malone) and had an otherwise mediocre roster. We got to the Finals by luck (.4 and then Minny injured in the WCF).

The modern NBA is a tough nut to crack. I get Rev's point though. It would give us greater satisfaction to watch our young core grow into champions to win a chip, but I don't see us as being the Spurs of yesteryear or the Warriors of today in that regard, never mind the Chowds and Sixers of today. Yes, I would welcome a trade for AD and KD signing here to get back on top. It might feel a little dirty and weird, but none of those guys will ever be Kobe anyway. BTW, it ain't gonna happen.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:56 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

That Pistons team was healthy and was a well oiled defensive machine, a 24 second clock possession by possession thing of beauty that was clicking on all cylinders by the time we played them, produced 4 all-stars and went on a 7 year deep playoff run and is one of the most underrated teams of all-time. They played team basketball like the 1969-70 Knicks, 1976-77 Blazers and 2013-14 Spurs, to name a few) Meanwhile, the 2004 Lakers were malcontent after Kobe's 2003 summer, were old (Payton, Malone, Fox - Shaw and Horry gone), injured (Malone) and had an otherwise mediocre roster. We got to the Finals by luck (.4 and then Minny injured in the WCF).

The modern NBA is a tough nut to crack. I get Rev's point though. It would give us greater satisfaction to watch our young core grow into champions to win a chip, but I don't see us as being the Spurs of yesteryear or the Warriors of today in that regard, never mind the Chowds and Sixers of today. Yes, I would welcome a trade for AD and KD signing here to get back on top. It might feel a little dirty and weird, but none of those guys will ever be Kobe anyway. BTW, it ain't gonna happen.

I know you are biased toward that Pistons team because we have had this discussion before. You think they were Great, technically they were Great because they did win the Championship but IMO they were the worst NBA Champion of my lifetime since I have been watching since 1977. They almost lost to the Nets in the Semi-Finals that season. They were a dirty team as well and got away with alot on Defense. The REFS gave them every call in the 2004 Finals and it was obvious to alot of people. I know you disagree and that is fine but that is JMO. I think the 1997 Jazz were a better team than the 2004 Pistons but because the Jazz didn't win the Championship it wouldn't be justified to rank them ahead. Jazz lost to the 1997 Bulls otherwise they would've won the Championship easily that year. The Jazz played beautiful team ball and had winning streaks of 10 games or more twice that season. They would've beat the Pistons but then again that is JMO :duel: . That Jazz team played like the 1977 Blazers on Offense with the passing and team ball.

-Regarding today's NBA, sure I see Rev's point but if we can get Durant I am all for it, that probably means Championship.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:53 am

Karl Malone was a shell of his 1990s Utah self by the time we got him. He had issues with playing on the same court as Magic after the HIV thing. By all accounts he's not a great guy from a personality standpoint.

KD on the other hand has just now settled into his prime years and he hasn't had to carry half of an entire team and deal with ballhogging diva PGs like RW for a couple seasons. He's (almost) more desirable than LeBron at this point . . but in coming to the Lakers next season, he'd be taking tons of minutes from Ingram, Hart, Kuzma etc. Maybe Jeannie, Magic and Rob want to "win now" so badly that they're willing to ditch the one-year guys and maybe a youngster or two to pair KD, LeBron and one other star in an attempt to grab the throne back.

One thing is for sure: The LeBron signing has definitely put the Laker organization back in the driver's seat as the pre-eminent destination for fame and glory. Guess we can't be mad at that.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:05 am

Aaaand having that being had been said -- back to the Laker Discussion Thread :waaaaa: :scream: :LOBtrophy:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:15 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Karl Malone was a shell of his 1990s Utah self by the time we got him. He had issues with playing on the same court as Magic after the HIV thing. By all accounts he's not a great guy from a personality standpoint.

KD on the other hand has just now settled into his prime years and he hasn't had to carry half of an entire team and deal with ballhogging diva PGs like RW for a couple seasons. He's (almost) more desirable than LeBron at this point . . but in coming to the Lakers next season, he'd be taking tons of minutes from Ingram, Hart, Kuzma etc. Maybe Jeannie, Magic and Rob want to "win now" so badly that they're willing to ditch the one-year guys and maybe a youngster or two to pair KD, LeBron and one other star in an attempt to grab the throne back.

One thing is for sure: The LeBron signing has definitely put the Laker organization back in the driver's seat as the pre-eminent destination for fame and glory. Guess we can't be mad at that.

Yeah, Malone was 40 when we signed him - he still played Good though but got injured. KD is in his prime. I am a bigger KD fan than I am a LeBron fan eventhough I do think LeBron is possibly a Top 5 player of all-time. KD will never be recognized by most as a Top 10 player of all-time because he left OKC to join the Warriors to win 2 Rings. Having said that, IMO he is one of the best scoring machines I have ever seen and will end up Top 20 on most lists when he retires. KD and LeBron together while LeBron still has a couple of Great years left looks wonderful to me :beavis:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:24 pm

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A few nights after staying more than two and a half hours after the buzzer for a late-night solo shooting session, Russell Westbrook bounced back with one of his most complete games of the season, which included his 107th career triple-double to tie Jason Kidd for third on the all-time list.

Westbrook finished with 23 points on 10-of-17 shooting, including 2-of-5 from 3-point range, to go with 19 rebounds and 15 assists in the Oklahoma City Thunder's 100-83win over the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Westbrook recorded his second consecutive triple-double, and his third of the season, and now trails only Oscar Robertson (181) and Magic Johnson (138) on the all-time list. To match Kidd, Westbrook needed just 760 games compared with 1,247 for Kidd.

÷==============÷

The Cleveland Cavaliers have traded guard Kyle Korver to the Utah Jazz for guard Alec Burks and two future second-round picks, league sources told ESPN.

The Jazz (9-12) have been determined to thrust themselves out of an early-season malaise, and they pursued Korver to deepen their ability to spread the floor with their shooting. Korver, 37, has been one of the most pursued available players on the trade market.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:44 am

Michael C. WrightESPN Staff Writer

SAN ANTONIO -- Players joked it was for ambiance, but maybe the dimness in the locker room before and after Friday's 136-105 loss to the Houston Rockets symbolized the dark times the San Antonio Spurshave entered.

A 39-point loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday, coupled with Friday's debacle, gives the Spurs defeats by margins of 30 points or more in back-to-back outings for the first time in Gregg Popovich's tenure as head coach. The loss also drops the Spurs to 14th place in the Western Conference standings.

________

Hang in there, Pop. You're one of the last of a dying breed. And hopefully a hero and inspiration to all in and outside of the NBA.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:06 pm

Who knew?!!
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:25 am

#MtheLGA
lakerevolution

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk