Other NBA discussion

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:48 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:3Peat

I think it is great that we can have a civil discussion on this subject and it would be nice if the entire country could do that as opposed to the rift that it has caused, MAINLY because the Bully in Chief really pissed off the athletes. Kap is one person who has paid a dear price for his principles, but these athletes and many, many, MANY others, INCLUDING JERRY JONES, are now protesting Tr*mp. Put that in perspective. There is no other or better platform for them to fight back against Tr*mp's blatant racism.

HAVING SAID THAT, when I proudly remove my cap and stand for the National Anthem, the flag means a whole hell of a lot more than just our military and those who have fought for our freedoms. It stands for each and every one of us who contribute to this great country. It stands for my appreciation to live in the greatest country in the history of the world and to enjoy all it has to offer. It is a privilege to be an American, so let's not reduce this to this somehow insulting our veterans. Pure and simple, that is simply changing the narrative.

HOWEVER, of course it includes my appreciation for those who have served and continue to serve to protect our freedoms. There isn't a veteran who I know or meet who I don't thank profusely for their service to our country. Many of my clients thank me back because they say that very few people tell them that. I feel it is my obligation. But remember that the freedoms that they fought for and fight for INCLUDE the right to free speech, free expression and free assembly. In a sense, by using this platform, they are honoring our troops. Kaepernick's decision to do this was just as Rev described. The response to our Asshole in Chief was a direct rebuttal to him! These athletes love our country as much as you and I do. It is easy to simplify this and say that it is just about disrespecting the flag, but it goes much deeper than that for them and when the person with the biggest bully pulpit uses it to tell owners to fire their employees ("sons of bitches") for not standing for the Anthem, that would and SHOULD set everyone off and it did.

Again, you don't have to like it, but when you see a conservative like Jerry Jones lock arms and kneel with his players out of support and when the Honorable Gregg Popovich says that our country in an embarrassment in the world because of Tr*mp right now, one must take pause. If after that pause you still agree with Tr*mp, that is your right just as much as it is anyone's right to resist him. Our servicemen have fought for and fight for exactly that.


The reasons why You, Rev, and I can be civil about this is because at least we know lpmua6 is basketball? and a bully. None of us wanted him in and we all 3 are more liberal. I am in Indiana always vote Democrat. I voted hwuyat both times. Your Post sums up the way I feel though about the flag. I get why the players are doing it, they are doing it to protest inequality but eventhough they are doing it for that reason it still offends a lot of people because it's the American flag and it stands for everything. Anyway great Post. Pop brought up a lot of great points actually I heard his whole interview. I guess if this is the platform Players need to use than it is what it is. I just love being an american and love the flag so I had to rant about this. Yes Pence is from Indiana but it is a misconception that people like me or a lot from Indiana even like him. I like him as a person better than lpmua6 but I wanted Hillary in over lpmua6 despite the misconceptions. How lpmua6 got elected is still puzzling and I am sure shocking to you.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 773 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:How lpmua6 got elected is still puzzling and I am sure shocking to you.


We live in surreal times, my friend. Your point is well taken. Many times in life, whether you intend to offend someone doesn't matter if they are nevertheless offended. People need to respect other people's feelings whether or not they disagree with them, so often times it is better to say and do nothing. So think about what is going on right now. Not to raise a sore subject, but when I inadvertently posted the dancing monkey without giving it one bit of thought, many folks were offended and came down hard on me including Rev, Tate, Mongo and CCX. I mean HARD. Had I given it any thought, I would not have posted that because it is offensive. I defended myself HARD because I meant nothing by it, gave it no thought and no ill intentions, but that's not what mattered. What mattered was that people got offended. What is going on nationally is the reverse of that, more or less. It's a two edged sword indeed, one that has no easy solution. As Pop said, race is always the elephant in the room and in order to have this discussion, we have to be made to feel uncomfortable. Everything he said was genius because he's right and he put his finger on something that is extremely difficult to articulate. I suppose that all we can hope for is that some good comes of this. Of course if it does, take a wild guess who will take all the credit!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:29 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:How lpmua6 got elected is still puzzling and I am sure shocking to you.


We live in surreal times, my friend. Your point is well taken. Many times in life, whether you intend to offend someone doesn't matter if they are nevertheless offended. People need to respect other people's feelings whether or not they disagree with them, so often times it is better to say and do nothing. So think about what is going on right now. Not to raise a sore subject, but when I inadvertently posted the dancing monkey without giving it one bit of thought, many folks were offended and came down hard on me including Rev, Tate, Mongo and CCX. I mean HARD. Had I given it any thought, I would not have posted that because it is offensive. I defended myself HARD because I meant nothing by it, gave it no thought and no ill intentions, but that's not what mattered. What mattered was that people got offended. What is going on nationally is the reverse of that, more or less. It's a two edged sword indeed, one that has no easy solution. As Pop said, race is always the elephant in the room and in order to have this discussion, we have to be made to feel uncomfortable. Everything he said was genius because he's right and he put his finger on something that is extremely difficult to articulate. I suppose that all we can hope for is that some good comes of this. Of course if it does, take a wild guess who will take all the credit!


Yeah I agree 100%. I was probably even wrong to say Kobe doesn't give shit about us, I love Kobe as a Lakers fan. I just get so frustrated with what is going on and just rant sometimes. Our country is in scary hands and it's driving me nuts. When you Posted the dancing monkey and Mongo and CCX took it the way they did it shocked the hell out of me because you don't have a basketball? bone in your body. I felt bad for you and I even tried to stand up for you when I chatted with CCX but it didn't matter. To you and I it probably seemed silly but to others it didn't. When I am at work I treat people equal and definitely watch what I say toward all races, last thing I want to do is hurt anyone.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 773 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:46 pm



God bless him!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:59 pm

Basically through the 1st trimester the best teams have been the Rockets, Celtics, Warriors, Raptors, and Cavs. Most surprising has been the Pacers at 16-11. Oladipo has been amazing, he is in the MVP talks so far. Pacers look really good!
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 773 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:13 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Most surprising has been the Pacers at 16-11. Oladipo has been amazing, he is in the MVP talks so far. Pacers look really good!


This will change. Two more games for the Lakers until we can completely assess the first trimester. Hold your horses!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:11 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Most surprising has been the Pacers at 16-11. Oladipo has been amazing, he is in the MVP talks so far. Pacers look really good!


This will change. Two more games for the Lakers until we can completely assess the first trimester. Hold your horses!


OK, not sure what you mean? Pacers are 16-11 = their Trimester and are a gigantic surprise and Oladipo is playing out of his mind. Explain? My Post is 100% accurate. The media agrees with me as well.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 773 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:02 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:OK, not sure what you mean? Pacers are 16-11 = their Trimester and are a gigantic surprise and Oladipo is playing out of his mind. Explain? My Post is 100% accurate. The media agrees with me as well.


My mistake. The Pacers will come back down to Earth IMO. The Lakers have two more games to be assessed.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:02 am



Josh Hart brings much of the same attributes to the table. It will be interesting to track both of them.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:24 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:OK, not sure what you mean? Pacers are 16-11 = their Trimester and are a gigantic surprise and Oladipo is playing out of his mind. Explain? My Post is 100% accurate. The media agrees with me as well.


My mistake. The Pacers will come back down to Earth IMO. The Lakers have two more games to be assessed.


I am thinking we wont make the Playoffs but it is possible. Next season I expect Playoffs after the summer of 2018. That is Magic's and Rob's big summer to make a splash. With our young core of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Clarkson, Randle, Pope, and Nance all improving, with key additions in the summer we should be able to finally be a Playoff team. Regarding the Pacers, they are the 2nd team I follow because I live in Indiana. I don't think you realize how good they are but I understand why because you probably haven't watched them at all or even paid attention to them living in Cali. Who would after they traded PG but I think they are better without PG - their chemistry is better. They give 100% everynight and Oladipo is a clutch closer, he already has 3 game winning shots this season. Oladipo is also playing like a SuperStar - look at his numbers. They have all the ingredients to be a contender if they add 1 more Good player and their core is young like ours is. Sabonis is Good and actually not a stiff :roflmao: , OKC just didn't use him right, Turner is solid Good, and Bogdonavic is the type of floor spreader we need - he's deadly from 3. Thad Young is like Randle as well but a tad better. Pacers may finish in the Top 4 in the East, they have already beat the Cavs twice.

- Anyway, I cant wait for your Trimester grades of the Lakers. I always look forward to reading them. Later Ken.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 773 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:42 pm

3Peat

You are absolutely correct that I don't watch the Pacers and could be wrong about them. Sabonis, 21, and Myles Turner, 21, are very young, too, and Oladipo, a former #2 pick who is now 25, appears to be coming into his own in his 5th season, which is about right. I find it interesting that you think that Thaddeus Young is better than Julius Randle (Randle's 36 mpg numbers are much better, but whatever), but at 29, he should be. I would love to the Pacers pick apart OKC next game. Speaking of which, OKC, the Pellies and Grizz all lost tonight and the Blazers and Clippsterns are losing, so tomorrow's game against the Knicks could loom large psychologically for our very young Lakers.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:01 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:3Peat

You are absolutely correct that I don't watch the Pacers and could be wrong about them. Sabonis, 21, and Myles Turner, 21, are very young, too, and Oladipo, a former #2 pick who is now 25, appears to be coming into his own in his 5th season, which is about right. I find it interesting that you think that Thaddeus Young is better than Julius Randle (Randle's 36 mpg numbers are much better, but whatever), but at 29, he should be. I would love to the Pacers pick apart OKC next game. Speaking of which, OKC, the Pellies and Grizz all lost tonight and the Blazers and Clippsterns are losing, so tomorrow's game against the Knicks could loom large psychologically for our very young Lakers.


Yeah most people don't watch the Pacers, No Biggy. After trading PG I thought they would suck actually and most did. I never seen Oladipo's wrath coming but nobody did. I think they could come down to earth a little but I see them making the Playoffs with relative ease even it's at 7 or 8. Reason why I give the nod to Thad over Randle is because he can shoot the 3 and Randle cant. That nod was slight! That is only the difference, otherwise they are basically the same player. Both lefties too. Randle just doesn't have 3 point range and Thad does. That was my reasoning on that. Randle is a lot younger so he has tons of upside to get much better.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 773 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:36 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:Reason why I give the nod to Thad over Randle is because he can shoot the 3 and Randle cant. That nod was slight! That is only the difference, otherwise they are basically the same player. Both lefties too. Randle just doesn't have 3 point range and Thad does. That was my reasoning on that. Randle is a lot younger so he has tons of upside to get much better.


It's amazing how important the 3 has become. Julius is much stronger and more athletic, more of a beast in the paint and is becoming a great defender, but because the other guy stretches the floor, he is "better" in todays NBA. I wish the Pacers good luck all season!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:09 am

I had Thaddeus and Victor on my Fantasy squad their rookie season, and I loved it. Glad to see them doing well -- I coveted them for the Lakers but now we seem to have our own young core :cheers:
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 1650
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:55 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:Reason why I give the nod to Thad over Randle is because he can shoot the 3 and Randle cant. That nod was slight! That is only the difference, otherwise they are basically the same player. Both lefties too. Randle just doesn't have 3 point range and Thad does. That was my reasoning on that. Randle is a lot younger so he has tons of upside to get much better.


It's amazing how important the 3 has become. Julius is much stronger and more athletic, more of a beast in the paint and is becoming a great defender, but because the other guy stretches the floor, he is "better" in todays NBA. I wish the Pacers good luck all season!


Yeah being able to hit the 3 is huge in todays game. If Randle had that I would rank him ahead of Thad. Thad is actually pretty physical too, he Rebounds well and is the Pacers most physical player. Randle is still so young and in a couple more years should improve quite a bit with his shot and in other area's. Thad is 29 years old so he is just more experienced.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 773 times
Been thanked: 316 times

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests