Other NBA discussion

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:14 pm

So much for him considering the Lakers.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:25 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Told ya he wasn't happy. Of course it doesn't mean he would come to the Lakers but you never know.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:51 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Told ya he wasn't happy. Of course it doesn't mean he would come to the Lakers but you never know.

His talents are being wasted out there. He's a big time player who's thirsty for big time playoff games. The bigger the moment, the better his game gets! I'd love for him to be a Laker!
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:24 am

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

His talents are being wasted out there. He's a big time player who's thirsty for big time playoff games. The bigger the moment, the better his game gets! I'd love for him to be a Laker!

Yes he has always played Very Good to Great in the Playoffs. Is he Kevin Durant or LeBron James - No, but he is the next best thing behind those 2 at that natural position. He would attract other players to play for the Lakers too. I would love to have Jimmy Butler as well but I think PG is better than he is. He is much younger than a player like Melo too. Pacers have been a huge disappointment this season and PG is very upset with the situation. People put Leonard on a pedestal but IMO PG is at least equal to him, Leonard wouldn't have any Championships if he was on the Pacers.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:34 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:36 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Do you know who all they wanted from us because the Pelicans didn't give up anyone Great to get Cousins. They traded Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, and Langston Galloway + a future 1st and 2nd Round pick to get Cousins. I am so over this at this point! Yes Cousins is a New Orleans Pelican so now they have the 2 best big men in Basketball while we sit there doing nothing. Besides Ingram, who else did they want? If it was for Ingram and Clarkson and a couple of future Draft picks for example and we didn't do it, that is just downright ridiculous! :scream:
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:42 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Do you know who all they wanted from us because the Pelicans didn't give up anyone Great to get Cousins. They traded Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, and Langston Galloway + a future 1st and 2nd Round pick to get Cousins. I am so over this at this point! Yes Cousins is a New Orleans Pelican so now they have the 2 best big men in Basketball while we sit there doing nothing. Besides Ingram, who else did they want? If it was for Ingram and Clarkson and a couple of future Draft picks for example and we didn't do it, that is just downright ridiculous! :scream:

I agree but I don't think that we have any draft picks to offer
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

That's why I would like to know what they wanted before I get overly angry. It sounds like they were ready to give us Cousins if Ingram was involved, not sure what else they wanted. Obviously if they wanted Ingram, Russell, and Randle for example I wouldn't do that either but I doubt that is the case. We do have future Draft picks. I just really am not sure what we have been doing for the last 5 years??
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:53 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:That's why I would like to know what they wanted before I get overly angry. It sounds like they were ready to give us Cousins if Ingram was involved, not sure what else they wanted. Obviously if they wanted Ingram, Russell, and Randle for example I wouldn't do that either but I doubt that is the case. We do have future Draft picks. I just really am not sure what we have been doing for the last 5 years??

We don't have a future first round pick to trade until 2021 because of the CBA rules. We paid Kobe. We had no cap space until 2014. We had no assets to trade for the longest period of time. We've been rebuilding since 2014, but only Clarkson played that season because Randle got injured in the first game and couldn't develop. The Queens just made a stupid trade. Draft picks are crapshoots and Buddy Hield isn't as good as LNJ/JC/DAR/JR/BI/IZ .. none of them. Zubac and Clarkson or Randle would have been a better package, but we'll never know what was offered. I don't blame Mitch. He'll probably get something good for Lou.
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:04 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

That's why I would like to know what they wanted before I get overly angry. It sounds like they were ready to give us Cousins if Ingram was involved, not sure what else they wanted. Obviously if they wanted Ingram, Russell, and Randle for example I wouldn't do that either but I doubt that is the case. We do have future Draft picks. I just really am not sure what we have been doing for the last 5 years??

Yeah, the more I think about it the more that it doesn't make sense. Buddy Hield for Boogie Cousins? That's worse than Pau Gasol for Kwame. Okay maybe not. But in hindsight they got Marc Gasol who panned out nicely. If you're The Lakers you make this deal don't you? I guess the deal breaker was Ingram. They must really believe in Ingram being the future. This is us "trusting the process". I hope that they're right because Boogie is the best big in the league and he's hasn't even hit his prime yet. But again Buddy Hield for Cousins? It seems like we could had offered something better.
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:06 am

If we can get Paul George back to L.A. then all is forgiven
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:27 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:That's why I would like to know what they wanted before I get overly angry. It sounds like they were ready to give us Cousins if Ingram was involved, not sure what else they wanted. Obviously if they wanted Ingram, Russell, and Randle for example I wouldn't do that either but I doubt that is the case. We do have future Draft picks. I just really am not sure what we have been doing for the last 5 years??

We don't have a future first round pick to trade until 2021 because of the CBA rules. We paid Kobe. We had no cap space until 2014. We had no assets to trade for the longest period of time. We've been rebuilding since 2014, but only Clarkson played that season because Randle got injured in the first game and couldn't develop. The Queens just made a stupid trade. Draft picks are crapshoots and Buddy Hield isn't as good as LNJ/JC/DAR/JR/BI/IZ .. none of them. Zubac and Clarkson or Randle would have been a better package, but we'll never know what was offered. I don't blame Mitch. He'll probably get something good for Lou.

I didn't realize we didn't have any 1st Round picks until 2021 so I stand corrected there but we do have 2nd's correct? The Kings only took 1 First Round pick + the other 3 players I named and a 2nd Round pick. A much better deal for the Kings would've been Boogie for Ingram and Clarkson and one of our future 2nd Round picks. I do like Ingram a lot but I would've traded him to get Boogie if we didn't have to give up the farm. I am not going to get upset over this but this could've been our chance to acquire a SuperStar which also would've enticed other players to come to LA.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:09 am

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:22 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

This may not be true. What if the Pelicans win 50 games next season and win a Playoff series which is very feasible with the 2 best big men in the league. He is still under contract through next season. I am not sure why his agent would make such a comment because it's too early to say that. I will go out on a limb and say he will never leave the Pelicans playing along side AD. If they get a Good PG that can feed them the ball and not turn it over + hit the jumper consistently, that team will be unstoppable in years to come.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:29 am

Also hypothetically what if we would've traded for Cousins and he and Russell clicked and they ended up loving to play with another. These things are too tough to predict. Dwight Howard was on record saying if Phil Jackson had been the Coach he would've re-signed with the Lakers. He hated playing for MDA as that was the main issue. We had a chance to re-hire Phil instead we chose MDA the year Dwight was in LA. Dwight and Boogie are 2 different personalities as well, Dwight always seeked attention and is soft, Boogie is a lot tougher minded from what I see on the surface.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk