Other NBA discussion

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:11 am

Blake Griffin agree's to deal with the Nets! You have to admit they are trying lol. They have a so called dream team brewing in Brooklyn.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:25 pm

Brad Stevens says he's 'grateful' to be Boston Celtics' coach amid talk about Indiana Hoosiers opening

Tim Bontemps
ESPN

"Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens said Tuesday that he's flattered by being mentioned as a candidate for the head-coaching opening at Indiana University but that he's "extremely grateful" to be the coach of the Celtics.

"It means a lot," Stevens said of the groundswell of support for him to return to his home state and take over the program at its flagship university. "It means a lot. I know that ... listen, I've got a lot of friends back there. I've got a lot of people that are really important to me there. My dad's still there. That does mean a lot. I won't act like that doesn't. Like I said earlier today, it's flattering.

"But I also realize that I'm the coach of the Celtics and that's -- it's been an amazing opportunity, an amazing challenge every day for the last eight years and I'm extremely grateful for that."

Stevens was born and raised in Zionsville, Indiana, just northeast of Indianapolis and a little over an hour north of Bloomington, where Indiana is located. He played college basketball in the state at DePauw University, and then coached Butler to back-to-back national championship games in 2010 and 2011 before leaving to coach the Celtics in 2013."

NAAAH NAH NAAH NAAH -- HEYYY HEYYYY HEYY -- GOOOODBYYYYEE :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:54 pm

Lou Williams is only making $8 mil??

Kendrick Perkins just called Harden "the best player in the league" :snapout: and *asterisking it with "if he plays like this in the playoffs" :waaaaa:

Boston fucking SUCKS.

Clippers may not make it out of the second round "lol4:

LaMarcus Aldridge couldn't get work in a Jurassic dinosaur laboratory.

Oh and Paul George is a little bitch. Crying about the refs while letting Luka torch him for 42.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:08 pm

lakerevolution wrote:LaMarcus Aldridge couldn't get work in a Jurassic dinosaur laboratory.

Oh and Paul George is a little bitch. Crying about the refs while letting Luka torch him for 42.

If LaMarcus Aldridge is bought out, I would take him in a heartbeat. Just don't play him in the fourth quarter.

I so enjoyed watching a rare Clippshit game last night. Luka eating them alive was such a joy!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:09 am

Regarding Stevens, he isn't coming to Indiana. Wish he was because IU basketball hasn't been the same since Bobby Knight with his 3 Titles = 1976, 1981, 1987. I want Steve Alford but have wanted him since Knight got fired. He defines Indiana basketball, he led the Hoosiers to the 1987 Title and led the nation in 3pt shooting in 1987. He would get all kinds of recruits here in Indiana and has a lot of coaching experience with his days at Iowa and UCLA. Alford is loved here. IU's all-time starting 5 has him on it per Indy fans poll:

PG Isiah Thomas
SG Steve Alford
SF Calbert Cheaney
PF Scott May SF/PF
C Kent Benson - lol, Kareem's favorite. I remember when he elbowed Kareem and Kareem punched him :roflmao: I have to admit, Benson was a 6'10 240 pound meathead "lol4: but he was a hell of a college player!

+SG- Keith Smart got honorable mention which he deserved.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri May 14, 2021 7:48 am

Udonis Haslem, the 41 year old 18-year veteran who was drafted in 2003 and has spent his entire career with the Miami Heat, was ejected for shoving Dwight Howard after only playing for three minutes.

Haslem is the only player in the past 20 years to play in only one game and get ejected from it, according to research by ESPN Stats & Information.

"It was obviously very physical," Haslem said. "Dwight plays the way Dwight plays, and it was just a conversation between me and him that I just wanted to make it clear that the throwing down and the swinging of the elbows and things like that, I just felt like we should kind of leave that out of the game for tonight. I think he kind of disagreed, so when he disagreed, I disagreed, and there was a whole bunch of disagreeing. :waaaaa:

"I don't remember what happened. At the end of the day, I am who I am. I am who I am. I can't change now. You know what I mean? My stepmom texted me right after the game and said I did the right thing, so I have no doubt in my mind I did the right thing."

Classic.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:05 pm

It boils down to this scenario heading into the weekend. We have to win at Indy and at New Orleans and we need a Blazers loss to the Nuggets to stay out of that playin round. That would give us the 6th seed.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk