Other NBA discussion

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:56 pm

KUZ! MVP 35 big ones.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:44 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:KUZ! MVP 35 big ones.

LeBron/Kuzma/Klay could be a true BIG3 IMO. What is funny is, out of all the high 1st Round draft picks we have had, Kuzma is the best player we picked and we picked him late in the 1st Round. Magic gets an A for that pick.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:48 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:KUZ! MVP 35 big ones.

LeBron/Kuzma/Klay could be a true BIG3 IMO. What is funny is, out of all the high 1st Round draft picks we have had, Kuzma is the best player we picked and we picked him late in the 1st Round. Magic gets an A for that pick.

Kuzma and Klay are not compatible. That would be like shaking cinnamon AND nutmeg in your coffee. Or putting sugar AND splenda. They're too similar. If LeBron wants Kuz, we won't go after Klay, though I doubt Klay wants to be a Laker. If Klay does, though, Kuz will be traded. Just my opinion.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:48 am

Pretty meh ASG weekend - it's no longer like the great 80s and 90s traditional setups and more of a watered-down showcase for the fans and the host city, but that's ok. It's what the NBA wants and it allows a much wider range of players to participate in the various events.

LeBron promised Coach Mike Malone that, if the team was allowed to skip a halftime locker room speech in favor of watching J. Cole's halftime show, they would play more defense. Sure enough, Team LeBron came out in the second half and held Team Giannis to 65 points as Kevin Durant took over and led a comeback.

This summer should be interesting, especially where Durant is concerned . . .
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:59 am

lakerevolution wrote:Pretty meh ASG weekend - it's no longer like the great 80s and 90s traditional setups and more of a watered-down showcase for the fans and the host city, but that's ok. It's what the NBA wants and it allows a much wider range of players to participate in the various events.

LeBron promised Coach Mike Malone that, if the team was allowed to skip a halftime locker room speech in favor of watching J. Cole's halftime show, they would play more defense. Sure enough, Team LeBron came out in the second half and held Team Giannis to 65 points as Kevin Durant took over and led a comeback.

This summer should be interesting, especially where Durant is concerned . . .

Sadly, I used the ASB to take my mind off the Lakers. I did see THE DUNK, which made me laugh my ass off. Let's see what transpires from here on out.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:00 am

ESPN just released a detailed story about Tim Donaghy and how he got started in gambling and "fixing" games. It adds some depth to the 2008 findings that Donaghy had been using his whistle to influence games, most notably the 2002 playoff series between the Lakers and Kings.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:21 am

lakerevolution wrote:ESPN just released a detailed story about Tim Donaghy and how he got started in gambling and "fixing" games. It adds some depth to the 2008 findings that Donaghy had been using his whistle to influence games, most notably the 2002 playoff series between the Lakers and Kings.

I actually read his book awhile back about this scandal, but of course don't remember a damn thing about it!.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:38 pm

lakerevolution wrote:ESPN just released a detailed story about Tim Donaghy and how he got started in gambling and "fixing" games. It adds some depth to the 2008 findings that Donaghy had been using his whistle to influence games, most notably the 2002 playoff series between the Lakers and Kings.

The game in question that people say was rigged was Game 6. The REFS in that game were Dick Bavetta, Bob Delaney, and Ted Bernhardt. Everybody seems to think, especially Lakers haters that Donaghy REF'd that game, not true. So Donaghy is accusing those other 3 REFS of cheating? Highly unlikely and pure nonsense. Donaghy had nothing to do with Game 6. Then there is Game 7 where the Kings shot 2-20 from 3 and 16-30 from the FT line, they had Game 7 at home and choked. If you are the better team you win Game 7 at home so when Kings fans cry, I don't buy it. They missed 18 3's and 14 FT's in Game 7.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:23 am

Wade recalls how Kobe "loved getting his nose broken" in 2012 ASG:

https://www.lakersnation.com/dwyane-wad ... -204582461
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:02 pm

Pacers still in that 3rd spot in the East. Bogdanovic has turned into a star since Oladipo has been out. 37 points tonight vs the Wolves in the win. They are now 41-22. I love how Kyrie Irving has just wrecked the Celtics chemistry, Boston has lost 4 in a row and looks like a team headed nowhere :roflmao: .
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:05 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Pacers still in that 3rd spot in the East. Bogdanovic has turned into a star since Oladipo has been out. 37 points tonight vs the Wolves in the win. They are now 41-22. I love how Kyrie Irving has just wrecked the Celtics chemistry, Boston has lost 4 in a row and looks like a team headed nowhere :roflmao: .

In LeBron's Eastern absence, Kyrie had the team to go 'round the world . . :waaaaa:

Too bad he thinks it's flat :snapout: :roflmao:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:34 am

Great trade for Utah. What a starting lineup!

Mitchell, Conley, Ingles, Favors, Gobert
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:33 am

I was just on the phone with a younger friend of mine, he just turned 40 and says he knows his NBA. So we did an all-time starting 5. I gave him the 1st pick but I got the next 2, then we took turns picking.

His pick - Jordan

My pick - Magic

My pick - Kareem

His pick - LeBron and he was saying it's over now lol because he had the 2 best players according to him.

My pick - Kobe to offset Jordan lol

His pick - Shaq and he was laughing but little did he know he was screwed at that point because he had no 3 point shooting :roflmao: . + Kareem was better than Shaq IMO.

My pick - Bird, then he got quiet because he knew he was fucked. I just got one of the best 3 point shooters ever to spread my floor. He realized I had Magic and Bird together too.

His pick - Curry, he got desperate at this point because he needed 3 point shooting :roflmao:

My pick - Duncan, that gave me 2 rim protectors with Kareem and Duncan

His last pick was KMalone because I took Duncan.

His lineup is:
PG - Curry
SG - Jordan
SF - LeBron
PF - Malone
C - Shaq

Mine is:
PG - Magic
SG - Kobe
SF - Bird
PF - Duncan
C - Kareem

-Who would win? I can see Magic hitting Kobe on so many fast breaks and my defense inside would be unreal. Bird could just sit there and shoot 3's all day if I wanted him too. He says because he has Jordan and LeBron he would win. He has the best the best player ever but I have the best PG and Center and PF ever. Bird smokes LeBron too regarding 3 point shooting. Kobe would offset Jordan or close to it IMO, they are close to the same player.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:32 pm

3Peat -- "He knows his NBA" is what we thought when we came up on Magic, Jordan, Phil, Pop and all those who wowed us in-between, and Kenny and Nuggs are laughing at our naiveté. All due respect. If your buddy is 40 he not only missed the greatest era in NBA history (the 80s) but because of that gap he doesn't have the Zapruder on certain events. He isn't even on an AC and OJ level but he certainly loves the Jordan and Shaq/Kobe era, hence his answers will be different but that doesn't mean he's wrong. Honestly I think if every one of these players were in their relative prime, his team would smoke yours. Magic and Bird don't play defense and Bird could be completely shut down by any of his players.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:46 am

lakerevolution wrote:3Peat -- "He knows his NBA" is what we thought when we came up on Magic, Jordan, Phil, Pop and all those who wowed us in-between, and Kenny and Nuggs are laughing at our naiveté. All due respect. If your buddy is 40 he not only missed the greatest era in NBA history (the 80s) but because of that gap he doesn't have the Zapruder on certain events. He isn't even on an AC and OJ level but he certainly loves the Jordan and Shaq/Kobe era, hence his answers will be different but that doesn't mean he's wrong. Honestly I think if every one of these players were in their relative prime, his team would smoke yours. Magic and Bird don't play defense and Bird could be completely shut down by any of his players.

Bird played great defense and was a bully. LeBron isn't playing Bird 25 feet away from the basket lol. I think my team would smoke his in all honesty. He would get no easy baskets inside with Kareem and Duncan and Bird. I have Magic who would pick that team apart. Kobe could match Jordan, Kareem could match Shaq. Curry is great but he isn't making 3's with a 6'9 guy on him. He is used to short guys guarding him.

Regarding Bird, Dominique Wilkins couldn't stop him and was the most athletic guy I have ever seen. What makes you think anyone could stop Bird? That is laughable my friend when you said he would be shut down. Not happening. You sure you watch 80's basketball because nobody stopped Bird. Cooper, Wilkins, Rodman could not stop him.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk