Other NBA discussion

Re: Other NBA discussion

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:22 am

Nah, 3peat . . you really have no hope here if you think about it from a defensive standpoint. Between Jordan and LeBron, Bird has nothing but off-balance 3-pointers which he would struggle to make. Malone and Shaq would more than hold their own vs. Kareem and Duncan in the paint, and I'm sorry but Steph would run circles around Magic. Kobe would have to play hero ball (and he just might) but with the right defensive scheme, I see a mismatch. Even in everybody's primes I see your buddy's team out-scoring, out-muscling and flat-out commanding the tempo against your team of beloved legends.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:23 am

lakerevolution wrote:Nah, 3peat . . you really have no hope here if you think about it from a defensive standpoint. Between Jordan and LeBron, Bird has nothing but off-balance 3-pointers which he would struggle to make. Malone and Shaq would more than hold their own vs. Kareem and Duncan in the paint, and I'm sorry but Steph would run circles around Magic. Kobe would have to play hero ball (and he just might) but with the right defensive scheme, I see a mismatch. Even in everybody's primes I see your buddy's team out-scoring, out-muscling and flat-out commanding the tempo against your team of beloved legends.

"Kobe would have to play hero ball". He would, you can take that to the bank :cheers: . My team wins like 111-110. :pissedkobe:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Does anyone get why people love Sam Presti? He can draft great I get that but look at what he has done over the last 8 seasons:

In 2012, OKC had a dynasty in the making after losing in the finals and the dude let James Harden go for a bag of chips :roflmao: .

From 2012-2019 - He has traded or has not re-signed Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Oladipo, Sabonis, George, and now Westbrook. This guy can't keep anybody. That much talent and no championships. I think his GM skills stink IMO. He can draft but who cares if you just give players away. That is laughable looking at how he builds teams but then just gets rid of them in a split second. Westbrook was there for a long time and he seen the light finally and said get me out of this stink hole :roflmao: .

-I will bet Presti will never get lucky in the draft again like he did early in his career.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:58 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Does anyone get why people love Sam Presti? He can draft great I get that but look at what he has done over the last 8 seasons:

Well, when you put it that way ... !!! "lol4:

Of all the so-called small market teams, OKC epitomizes the one city where players don't want to play. Well, and Cleveland, of course. I'd call it a "shithole," but because that piece of shit who sits in the Oval Office uses that term to describe other countries, I won't. And it's not from what I have heard from people I know who actually live there. But it's still more of a small town with not a whole lot of pizzazz than a city. I think the real reason that Sam Presti's life has been made miserable as a GM is that God awful fucking piece of shit owner, Clay Bennett, whose life revolves around making money. My guess is that he views the players as chattel. There is literally nothing more important to a multi billionaire like Bennett than counting how much more he is worth day after day. And he is only 60 years old, believe it or not. I believe that Presti is superior GM, regardless of your very well taken point,3Peat. It's the greedy own that make life miserable for him. He should resign.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:44 am

Steve Ballmer looked like a clown celebrating Leonard and George becoming Clippers. It is one thing to be happy and thrilled which I would be but this dude looked hilariously funny in the Clippers press conference :waaaaa: .

Steve Kerr bitching about us getting Davis, dude just had a superteam for 3 straight seasons. Shut your mouth Steve as you have been luckiest coach in the history of the NBA when Durant joined your team. That ruined the league more than anything. Steve showing his Laker hate like POP has. Davis wanted out of New Orleans and we gave New Orleans a slew of players and picks. Laker haters need to get over it.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:01 pm

The greatest day in Clippers history is introducing players. LOL! While admittedly they have a solid, possible championship team on paper, they haven't done anything yet.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:16 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:The greatest day in Clippers history is introducing players. LOL! While admittedly they have a solid, possible championship team on paper, they haven't done anything yet.

Ballmer is a great owner, I just thought he was hilarious at that press conference though. He really over did it. Everytime I see it, I laugh my ass off. If I was to rank teams as of now, Clippers would be #2 actually. They have a solid roster with Leonard, George, Beverly and Sweet Lou. I would have:

#1 Lakers
#2 Clippers
#3 Bucks
#4 Sixers
#5 Warriors - I would still have them here assuming Thompson will be back for the playoffs next season. Curry and Green are still there. Russell is good too.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:42 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:The greatest day in Clippers history is introducing players. LOL! While admittedly they have a solid, possible championship team on paper, they haven't done anything yet.

Ballmer is a great owner, I just thought he was hilarious at that press conference though. He really over did it. Everytime I see it, I laugh my ass off. If I was to rank teams as of now, Clippers would be #2 actually. They have a solid roster with Leonard, George, Beverly and Sweet Lou. I would have:

#1 Lakers
#2 Clippers
#3 Bucks
#4 Sixers
#5 Warriors - I would still have them here assuming Thompson will be back for the playoffs next season. Curry and Green are still there. Russell is good too.

Actually, we have no idea what kind of chemistry the Lakers will have. Although not by much, the Clippers have more continuity with important players like Lou, Harrell and Beverley returning, not to mention a head coach who does well when he has great defenders on his team. Never mind the East, right now I have the West as follows:

Clippers - Nuggets - Jazz - Lakers - Warriors

I realize that seems a bit harsh, but we're almost starting from scratch other than LeBron and Kuzma, plus lesser role players (KCP, McGee, Rondo (yuck) and Caruso). Hopefully, I am way off base. If healthy, LeBron and Brow could very well be the best 1-2 punch in the NBA with Danny Green being a perfect fit. If Boogie can play at even 80% and blends, we'll be tough to beat.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:57 pm

[quote="KobeMVP888"][quote="3Peatkb24"][quote="KobeMVP888"]

:pissedkobe:

:WTFface:

Dubs Lakers and Clips will be battling for Pacifiers. The Jazz and Rich Creamies will shrink from the scene as usual unless they have a transcendent epiphany-type season and maybe a star trade but I don't see that happening. The entire regions of Utah and Colorado will be watching something other than basketball.

So . . Dame and Portland aren't worth a mention? They took down one of those Central Time Zone teams.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:31 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

:pissedkobe:

:WTFface:

Dubs Lakers and Clips will be battling for Pacifiers. The Jazz and Rich Creamies will shrink from the scene as usual unless they have a transcendent epiphany-type season and maybe a star trade but I don't see that happening. The entire regions of Utah and Colorado will be watching something other than basketball.

So . . Dame and Portland aren't worth a mention? They took down one of those Central Time Zone teams.

I don't like what they did in the offseason. They lost all of their wings: Evan Turner, Aminu, Harkless and Layman. They basically replaced those guys with Kent Bazemore and Mario Hezonja, and they still have Rodney Hood, but those guys are all shooting guards. They traded for Hassan Whiteside, but they already have Nurkic. Meh.Their power forwards are Zach Collins, who really is a center and Skal Labissiere, also a center. Of course they did sign your favorite, the Great Spaniard! I'm personally not wowed with what Neal Olshey did.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:58 pm

I like what the Jazz do every year but Stockton and Malone aren't around anymore. Issel, TR Dunn, and English aren't in Denver anymore :roflmao: . We should be #1 IMO and the Clipps a close #1, JMO.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:11 pm

Chemistry is huge but I still have:

West
#1 Lakers
#2 Clippers
#3 Warriors
#4 Jazz
-Nuggets, Rockets, and Blazers are good but I think the Jazz are better IMO
East
#1 Bucks
#2 Sixers
#3 Pukes
#4 Pacers hee haw, welcome back Oladipo :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Kerr: "When you have 97 percent of the people in the country who want universal background checks and the Senate, not only, not won't pass it, won't even vote on it because [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell won't allow them to vote on it because the NRA has bought him off, then you got problems," Kerr, an assistant coach for Team USA, said after its practice Tuesday ahead of the FIBA World Cup. "I think that's the issue. We have to have elected leaders who are willing to value human life over their own jobs and their contributions from the NRA."

Popovich: "It'd be a lot better if the people in power got off their asses and got something done ... in a lot of different areas," Popovich said. "I think they're on vacation right now.

"Nothing going on, so they just take a break," Popovich added sarcastically. "They'll come back and fix the gun situation, the environment, inequality, pay, they'll fix all that when they come back, I'm sure."

Popovich and Kerr are among the most vocal sports figures when it comes to political issues and social inequality. Kerr has been personally impacted by gun violence. His father was a diplomat who was assassinated in Lebanon in 1984.

"I think about it all the time. Somebody could walk in the door in the gym right now and start spraying us with an AR-15," Kerr told the Bay Area News Group on Monday. "They could. It might happen because we're all vulnerable, whether we go to a concert, a church, the mall or go to the movie theater or a school. It's up to us as Americans to demand change from the gutless leadership that continues to allow this to happen and continues to somehow claim the Second Amendment is doing its job."

On Tuesday, Kerr was asked what he would say if he could talk to President Donald lpmua6 right now.

"Nothing," Kerr said. "I wouldn't bother talking with him."
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 pm

*that "Ipmau6" kills me :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:00 am

From what I read on the Internet and watch on TV news wise, my question is how did Donald get elected? Everything I hear and read is almost everyone dislikes him. Most Celebrities and professional athletes are on record saying they can't stand him. So who voted for this guy is my question? It is actually a great question. Also regarding Indiana you guys may not know this but our state has become half liberal over the last 10 years. When B.O. ran in 2012 he won Indiana with 51% of the vote, when Donald ran in 2016, Donald won Indiana but with only 54% of the vote. 46% still voted for Hillary.

Mass shootings have been going on all decade and nobody has the real answer how to stop them. Besides the nut that did the Vegas shootings, the mass shooting in 2012 in Colorado still sticks in my mind. The guy killing 12 people and injuring 70 claiming he was the Joker in a theater while the Batman movie just came out. That is just scary. Too many nut jobs out there, remember guns do not kill people, it is the nut jobs that kill people that have them. My step-dad owns a gun, he has it for protection and that is his right. I may even get one eventually, my house got broken into a while back, I wasn't home but had I been home who knows what would've happened. I had no gun for protection, I may have been killed or seriously injured.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk