Lakers Roster Thread

Re: Lakers Roster Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:40 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Seems like door #2 makes the most sense to me.

Hopefully there is a way we can trade him, even if it's for a Draft pick in next years Draft. He is bad for team chemistry and we are loaded with Guards and the SF position with Deng and Ingram now. He wouldn't even be in my rotation as the starters should be
PG Russell
SG Clarkson
SF Deng
PF Randle
C Mozgov
2nd unit
PG Calderon/Huertas
SG Williams
SF Ingram
PF Nance
C Zubac/Black
-Also regarding having a stretch 4 we don't need one when you have guys like Russell and Deng that can stretch the floor with the 3 and the 2nd unit has Ingram who IMO has the capabilities of hitting close to 40% from 3 once he gets experience to stretch the floor. This Roster looks a lot better than last years eventhough Kobe is gone. The additions of Deng, Ingram, and Zubac are exciting and Russell, Randle, and Nance now has a season under his belt as well. I can see 30 wins possibly. I'll put the over/under at 29.5. If we win 30 that will be a 13 game improvement which is significant!

-Regarding Brown and Yi I cant see how they even get into the rotation out of the 12 players I listed above.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:13 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Seems like door #2 makes the most sense to me.

Hopefully there is a way we can trade him, even if it's for a Draft pick in next years Draft. He is bad for team chemistry and we are loaded with Guards and the SF position with Deng and Ingram now. He wouldn't even be in my rotation as the starters should be
PG Russell
SG Clarkson
SF Deng
PF Randle
C Mozgov
2nd unit
PG Calderon/Huertas
SG Williams
SF Ingram
PF Nance
C Zubac/Black
-Also regarding having a stretch 4 we don't need one when you have guys like Russell and Deng that can stretch the floor with the 3 and the 2nd unit has Ingram who IMO has the capabilities of hitting close to 40% from 3 once he gets experience to stretch the floor. This Roster looks a lot better than last years eventhough Kobe is gone. The additions of Deng, Ingram, and Zubac are exciting and Russell, Randle, and Nance now has a season under his belt as well. I can see 30 wins possibly. I'll put the over/under at 29.5. If we win 30 that will be a 13 game improvement which is significant!

-Regarding Brown and Yi I cant see how they even get into the rotation out of the 12 players I listed above.

*Russell, Randle, and Nance now have a season under their belt as well.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:21 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:.Hopefully there is a way we can trade him, even if it's for a Draft pick in next years Draft.

To trade Nick Young,it would probably take trading some picks along with him for a player who will never play in the NBA, but who someone has rights to, much as we obtained Calderon and two second round picks for Ater Majok. Even there, Nick has two seasons left on his contract and he is now a shitty player, so why would anyone do that? For two crapshoots? No, the Lakers will probably waive and stretch him. They can eat his entire contract for this season and then stretch next season over 3 years at about 1.9 mil per season. That is what I think will happen.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:26 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:.Hopefully there is a way we can trade him, even if it's for a Draft pick in next years Draft.

To trade Nick Young,it would probably take trading some picks along with him for a player who will never play in the NBA, but who someone has rights to, much as we obtained Calderon and two second round picks for Ater Majok. Even there, Nick has two seasons left on his contract and he is now a shitty player, so why would anyone do that? For two crapshoots? No, the Lakers will probably waive and stretch him. They can eat his entire contract for this season and then stretch next season over 3 years at about 1.9 mil per season. That is what I think will happen.

Actually I think that is what will happen as well. He just doesn't fit what we are trying to do. I am glad we got rid of Sacre and Kelly, Young hopefully will be next.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Onward and upward! We have hit rock bottom and are now about to rise up and contend for the playoffs like we know we should!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:46 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Onward and upward! We have hit rock bottom and are now about to rise up and contend for the playoffs like we know we should!

It's upward from here on out now. We toughed it out in here for 3 miserable seasons, now I see several game improvements in the seasons to come with our young guys as they get better in time.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:45 am

Lakers Head Coach Luke Walton has added former D-Fenders head coach Casey Owens to his staff as an assistant coach and advance scout, according to Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report.

Owens spent last season molding the D-Fenders into a dangerous team, and they managed to make it all the way to the D-League Finals. While they weren’t successful in bringing home a championship, D-Fenders players often spoke highly of Owens and his skill as a coach.

Owens was involved in coaching the Lakers Summer League team along with Murmuys, and at one point even served as Walton’s boss when Luke was just getting his feet wet in coaching and served as an assistant with the D-Fenders.

After two seasons under Scott, the young Lakers appear to be ecstatic about working with a new coaching staff. D’Angelo Russell took to Twitter to express his excitement, and multiple other players have echoed his sentiments.

The Lakers still aren’t predicted to win many games next season, but at the very least Walton and his staff should help bring a more exciting style of play, which is something both fans and players will look forward to.

With Owens leaving the D-Fenders, it has been reported that Coby Karl, a former Laker, and son of coaching legend George Karl, will take the helm.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Maybe this is the 15th roster spot to replace Nick Young when he's waived or maybe it's one of these training camp deals. We'll know soon enough.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:55 pm

Whatever it is, it is official! Sounds like a non-guaranteed deal.

LAKERS SIGN YI JIANLIAN

EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles Lakers have signed forward/center Yi Jianlian, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.

“We’re excited to have a player of his worldwide accomplishments,” said Kupchak. “We look forward to bringing him to training camp and hopefully having him make an impact on our team.”

Yi, who hails from the Guangdong Province in China, recently concluded competing for his country at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, averaging 20.4 points (3rd overall in group play competition), 6.6 rebounds (6th), 1.4 steals (t-6th), and 1.0 blocks (t-6th) per game over his five contests while shooting 46.7% from three-point range.

Drafted with the sixth overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft by the Milwaukee Bucks, Yi last appeared in the NBA with the Dallas Mavericks during the 2011-12 season. Over his five-year NBA career, the 6’11’’ Yi averaged 7.9 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 0.7 blocks in 22.2 minutes per game over 272 contests (163 starts) with the Bucks, New Jersey Nets, Washington Wizards, and Mavericks.

Prior to joining the NBA, the 28-year-old played professionally for the Guangdong Southern Tigers of the Chinese Basketball Association beginning in 2002, and played the last four seasons with the organization as well. He is a four-time CBA champion, eight-time CBA MVP, and two-time CBA Finals MVP, in addition to a decorated international career that includes winning three gold medals at the FIBA Asia Championships (2015, 2011, and 2005) and gold at the 2006 Asian Games.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/160822jianlian
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:27 pm

So our 15 players looked to be:
PG's - Russell, Calderon, Huertas
SG's - Clarkson, Williams
SF's - Ingram, Deng, Brown
PF's - Randle, Nance, Auguste
Centers - Mozgov, Zubac, Black, Yi
-assuming Nick Young gets released.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:46 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:So our 15 players looked to be:

Not sure, but I THINK Yi has to make the team, too. Whatever, we're pointed in the right direction, but we're looking at more patience.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:02 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:So our 15 players looked to be:

Not sure, but I THINK Yi has to make the team, too. Whatever, we're pointed in the right direction, but we're looking at more patience.

I like that 15 much better than last season's. Glad Sacre and Kelly are history that is the main thing. Ingram will be a SuperStar around year 3. Russell will be Good this season IMO. We are definitely headed in the right direction.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:25 pm

I took my sons to the Ringling Bros. circus at Oracle Arena yesterday (great show) and on the way in bumped into my old friend Curtis, an Oracle Arena security guard who's been with the Warriors for a long time. He has had the privilege of standing directly in front of the Warriors bench during every game and witnessing all of the Dubs ups and downs over the years, including their recent ascent to the pinnacle of the NBA. He's the guy I call when I want to get on the hardwood floor during shoot-around before gametime, the reason I was able to talk to Lamar Odom in 2011 as the Lakers warmed up for an eventual loss.

We chatted about the Lakers and Ingram, and he thinks the kid is destined to be something great. He spoke highly of Randle as well. It's daunting to think we have to surpass the "as currently constructed" Warriors in this division that we've dominated for so long, but we've all been watching this NBA long enough to know that anything can happen.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:02 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I took my sons to the Ringling Bros. circus at Oracle Arena yesterday (great show) and on the way in bumped into my old friend Curtis, an Oracle Arena security guard who's been with the Warriors for a long time. He has had the privilege of standing directly in front of the Warriors bench during every game and witnessing all of the Dubs ups and downs over the years, including their recent ascent to the pinnacle of the NBA. He's the guy I call when I want to get on the hardwood floor during shoot-around before gametime, the reason I was able to talk to Lamar Odom in 2011 as the Lakers warmed up for an eventual loss.

We chatted about the Lakers and Ingram, and he thinks the kid is destined to be something great. He spoke highly of Randle as well. It's daunting to think we have to surpass the "as currently constructed" Warriors in this division that we've dominated for so long, but we've all been watching this NBA long enough to know that anything can happen.

If the yutes pass the eye test with regularity and if we start looking like a team with an identity, then this will be a successful season in my view. It is easy to overlook the acquisition of Luol Deng in all this, but he will finally have his chance to play a larger mentoring role. Let's not forget that he was a two time all-star, too. Some have projected us as the worst in the West again. Maybe, maybe not.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:41 am

KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk