LeBron James thinks Wade got dissed by the Heat

LeBron James thinks Wade got dissed by the Heat

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:44 pm

I do too actually. LeBron thinks Wade should've got a Kobe like contract to end his career. Wade had a Very Good season last year and is injury free unlike Kobe was in his last few seasons as well. Now Wade isn't the player Kobe was all-time but I have him Tier 2.

I have never broke down by my Tier's regarding players I have seen live since 1977-2016, 40 seasons worth of my shit! :waaaaa:

Mt Rushmore Tier
1. Michael Jordan - SG
2. Magic Johnson - PG
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - C
4. Kobe 'the Mamba' Bryant - SG

Tier 1
5. LeBron James - SF
6. Shaq O'Neal - C
7. Tim Duncan - C/PF
8. Lawrence Bird - SF
9. Hakeem Olajuwon - C

Tier 2
10. Moses Malone - C
11. Karl Malone - PF
12. Julius Erving - SF
13. Isiah Thomas - PG
14. Dwyane Wade - SG
15. Charles Barkley - PF/SF
16. Dirk Nowitzki - PF

-I have to think about Tier 3 = in what order they should go because this is a bigger category but players like PG and SG Guards - John Stockton, Clyde Drexler, Allen Iverson, Reggie Miller, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, Steph Curry, Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook, Chauncey Billups, James Harden, and Ray Allen belong. SF and PF Forwards - Scottie Pippen, Kevin Garnett, Bernard King, James Worthy, Kevin McHale, Kevin Durant, Paul Pierce, Paul George, Dominique Wilkins, Chris Mullin, Carmelo Anthony, Kawhi Leonard, Chris Bosh, Robert Horry, Pau Gasol, Anthony Davis, and Dennis Rodman belong. Centers - David Robinson, Bill Walton, Pat Ewing, and DeMarcus Cousins belong.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: LeBron James thinks Wade got dissed by the Heat

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:20 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I do too actually. LeBron thinks Wade should've got a Kobe like contract to end his career. Wade had a Very Good season last year and is injury free unlike Kobe was in his last few seasons as well. Now Wade isn't the player Kobe was all-time but I have him Tier 2.

I have never broke down by my Tier's regarding players I have seen live since 1977-2016, 40 seasons worth of my shit! :waaaaa:

Mt Rushmore Tier
1. Michael Jordan - SG
2. Magic Johnson - PG
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - C
4. Kobe 'the Mamba' Bryant - SG

Tier 1
5. LeBron James - SF
6. Shaq O'Neal - C
7. Tim Duncan - C/PF
8. Lawrence Bird - SF
9. Hakeem Olajuwon - C

Tier 2
10. Moses Malone - C
11. Karl Malone - PF
12. Julius Erving - SF
13. Isiah Thomas - PG
14. Dwyane Wade - SG
15. Charles Barkley - PF/SF
16. Dirk Nowitzki - PF

-I have to think about Tier 3 = in what order they should go because this is a bigger category but players like PG and SG Guards - John Stockton, Clyde Drexler, Allen Iverson, Reggie Miller, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, Steph Curry, Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook, Chauncey Billups, James Harden, and Ray Allen belong. SF and PF Forwards - Scottie Pippen, Kevin Garnett, Bernard King, James Worthy, Kevin McHale, Kevin Durant, Paul Pierce, Paul George, Dominique Wilkins, Chris Mullin, Carmelo Anthony, Kawhi Leonard, Chris Bosh, Robert Horry, Pau Gasol, Anthony Davis, and Dennis Rodman belong. Centers - David Robinson, Bill Walton, Pat Ewing, and DeMarcus Cousins belong.

George Gervin and Pistol Pete Maravich - Guards are in Tier 3 as well. I don't know how I forgot them! That Tier 3 is so wide open and I could list a ton of players on that Tier because they are just better than Tier 4 players. For me it takes a lot to get into Tier 2 though.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:06 pm

D-Wade definitely didn't get the Kobe treatment. I understand what Riles did here but this might hurt The Heat picking up a superstar in the future. This is why players should be begging to play for The Lakers!!!
Lakers4Life

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:41 pm

Wade is NOTHING like Kobe. Heat fans are NOTHING like Laker fans. That expansion franchise is NOTHING like the Minne-Angeles Lakers. If Wade had it in his heart to leave the city he put on the NBA map, I suppose it's not surprising -- he spent a great deal of time TANKING to keep Riles in the East Coast hunt. And now he'll soak up the love from his hometown Chicago fans and be the closest thing to Jordan the Bulls have had since '98.

And oh yeah, who gives a damn what Mr. Decision thinks? Winning one title for Cleveland doesn't mean your opinion matters! :Nutskick:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:07 am

Lakers4Life wrote:D-Wade definitely didn't get the Kobe treatment. I understand what Riles did here but this might hurt The Heat picking up a superstar in the future. This is why players should be begging to play for The Lakers!!!

I agree. I don't see that franchise doing anything for a while. They are in for a collapse IMO. They will be lucky if they make the Playoffs this upcoming season. At least we will be on the rise with Russ, Ingram, and Randle.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:11 am

lakerevolution wrote:Wade is NOTHING like Kobe. Heat fans are NOTHING like Laker fans. That expansion franchise is NOTHING like the Minne-Angeles Lakers. If Wade had it in his heart to leave the city he put on the NBA map, I suppose it's not surprising -- he spent a great deal of time TANKING to keep Riles in the East Coast hunt. And now he'll soak up the love from his hometown Chicago fans and be the closest thing to Jordan the Bulls have had since '98.

And oh yeah, who gives a damn what Mr. Decision thinks? Winning one title for Cleveland doesn't mean your opinion matters! :Nutskick:

To me Wade is the 3rd best SG I have ever seen live only behind Jordan and Kobe. If I had to make a 3rd pick it would be Wade at that position. Wade has been a magnificent closer over the years and he has always shot a pretty good % from the field as well for someone that isn't known for a shooter like a Miller or Allen. Wade took several paycuts to keep the Heat relevant over the years as well. The guy got crapped on IMO. He still has 2 or 3 Good seasons in him, I think Riles is getting senile.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:16 am

Lakers4Life wrote:D-Wade definitely didn't get the Kobe treatment. I understand what Riles did here but this might hurt The Heat picking up a superstar in the future. This is why players should be begging to play for The Lakers!!!

Today's players are a different breed. Do you think LeBron would have returned to Cleveland without Kyrie already there and with full knowledge that Kevin Love was likely on his way? Kevin Durant, one of the league's good guys, is now nothing more than a WWE good guy turned villain. The truth is that while the Buss family may have strong old fashioned loyalties to their players, the modern star in today's NBA could give a rat's ass and that has now been proven time and time again. Truthfully, in hindsight the Lakers should have cut bait with Kobe after the 2011 season and traded him if they wanted to rebuild faster. Danny Ainge did it right and Pat Riley is no dummy either. Whiteside means more to their future than Wade does at this point.

HAVING SAID THAT, I am glad that the front office rose above the fray even if it meant getting shit on by today's spoiled brats. We WILL be back in 3-4 seasons and when we are, they will come. I think the first star player to ink with us will be DeMarcus Cousins in 2018 because Russell, Ingram, Clarkson, Randle and Nance will have blossomed enough by them for Boogie to see the future. Westbrook? Forget it. His window is closing, so he'll go play with his star friends somewhere. I'm excited about the culture that we will see bloom here under Luke. The last thing we need right now is too much of an Alpha Dog. Class and humility must rule the day for now.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:23 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Today's players are a different breed. Do you think LeBron would have returned to Cleveland without Kyrie already there and with full knowledge that Kevin Love was likely on his way? Kevin Durant, one of the league's good guys, is now nothing more than a WWE good guy turned villain. The truth is that while the Buss family may have strong old fashioned loyalties to their players, the modern star in today's NBA could give a rat's ass and that has now been proven time and time again. Truthfully, in hindsight the Lakers should have cut bait with Kobe after the 2011 season and traded him if they wanted to rebuild faster. Danny Ainge did it right and Pat Riley is no dummy either. Whiteside means more to their future than Wade does at this point.

HAVING SAID THAT, I am glad that the front office rose above the fray even if it meant getting shit on by today's spoiled brats. We WILL be back in 3-4 seasons and when we are, they will come. I think the first star player to ink with us will be DeMarcus Cousins in 2018 because Russell, Ingram, Clarkson, Randle and Nance will have blossomed enough by them for Boogie to see the future. Westbrook? Forget it. His window is closing, so he'll go play with his star friends somewhere. I'm excited about the culture that we will see bloom here under Luke. The last thing we need right now is too much of an Alpha Dog. Class and humility must rule the day for now.

It going to take 2 or 3 years but once our young guys get going, look out, especially if we land Cousins. I agree, Westbrook isn't happening so everyone needs to forget about that. I think he stays in OKC actually because he is the type of person that loves the fact it's his team and OKC still has a lot of talent.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:01 pm

I think if I end up writing a book based on the players I have seen live from the 1977-2016 seasons when I first started watching I would only list my Mt Rushmore Tier, Tier 1, then Tier 2 players. I feel really good about those 16 players. My Sweet 16!

I would call my book: 40 seasons of Hoops (1977-2016) and the best players that played after the ABA era! It's perfect for me because the ABA League ended after the 1976 Season and I didn't start watching as a young kid until late in the 1977 Season. My first Finals I officially remember was Bill Walton's Blazers taking down Julius Erving's Sixers. I remember watching Kareem as well and he was why I loved the Lakers when I was in 1st Grade! I remember writing a book report in 4th grade Grade about Magic Johnson and it was so fucking great and the teacher gave me a B+. When I didn't get an A, I was thinking dude must be a Larry Bird fan and be pissed Michigan St beat Indiana St in the 1979 NCAA's.

Mt Rushmore Tier
Michael Jordan - SG
Magic Johnson - PG
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - C
Kobe Bryant - SG

Tier 1
LeBron James - SF
Shaquille O'Neal - C
Tim Duncan - PF/C
Larry Bird - SF
Hakeem Olajuwon - C

Tier 2
Moses Malone - C
Karl Malone - PF
Julius Erving - SF
Isiah Thomas - PG
Dwyane Wade - SG
Charles Barkley - PF/SF
Dirk Nowitzki - PF
-I can easily squeeze out a 400 page book describing why I made these choices and reasons why. I would probably catch flack for having Barkley in this because he never won a Ring, some may want him out and someone else in. Karl has to be in this because he is the 2nd All-Time leading scorer in NBA history despite not winning a Ring. I don't think I would get many arguments here with him being on this list. Dirk belongs because he was the only SuperStar on his winning Championship team that beat a team with LeBron and Wade on it without having HCA. He has also won a League MVP and Finals MVP. I like him better than Kevin Garnett. Garnett didn't win Finals MVP when he won his Championship, Paul Pierce did. Scottie Pippen won 6 Championships and was better Defensively than Barkley but he never was the best player on his team when winning any of his Championships. Almost every team Barkley played on he was the best player on his team + he won a League MVP something Pippen never did and couldn't do. Barkley was even the best player on the Dream Team as far as performance, a team that had Jordan and Pippen on it.

*I would add in my book some James Worthy love as well :roflmao: I cant come off being too much of a homer but I would bring up his TDB in Game 7 against the Pistons of the Finals in 1988!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:05 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote: Truthfully, in hindsight the Lakers should have cut bait with Kobe after the 2011 season and traded him if they wanted to rebuild faster. Danny Ainge did it right and Pat Riley is no dummy either. Whiteside means more to their future than Wade does at this point.

Our franchise - and The Mamba Himself - knew that the fans deserved 110%, so the CP3/Dwight plan was hatched . . which of course involved shedding Pau and Lamar. If we deal Kobe, who wants to see him pull a Wizards Jordan, or a fucking Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen hopping from team to team at the end of their careers? Disgusting, and our proud franchise is one of very few who don't part ways with their legends like that. Shaq is the notable exception, and look at how many jerseys he wore after he left L.A. I'm certain we'd all accept Kobe's physically disastrous last couple of years in exchange for seeing him hit those two FTs with a torn achilles to secure a playoff spot, and fight back to give us one of the greatest exit games in sports history - all the while showing our young core what a true superstar is made of.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:51 am

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote: Truthfully, in hindsight the Lakers should have cut bait with Kobe after the 2011 season and traded him if they wanted to rebuild faster. Danny Ainge did it right and Pat Riley is no dummy either. Whiteside means more to their future than Wade does at this point.

Our franchise - and The Mamba Himself - knew that the fans deserved 110%, so the CP3/Dwight plan was hatched . . which of course involved shedding Pau and Lamar. If we deal Kobe, who wants to see him pull a Wizards Jordan, or a fucking Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen hopping from team to team at the end of their careers? Disgusting, and our proud franchise is one of very few who don't part ways with their legends like that. Shaq is the notable exception, and look at how many jerseys he wore after he left L.A. I'm certain we'd all accept Kobe's physically disastrous last couple of years in exchange for seeing him hit those two FTs with a torn achilles to secure a playoff spot, and fight back to give us one of the greatest exit games in sports history - all the while showing our young core what a true superstar is made of.

I am glad Kobe played all 20 seasons as a Laker, that is rare. Something we should all be proud of. I am glad Magic also played his whole career as a Laker. Watching these guys switch jerseys at the end of their career's is ugly! Lakers traded Shaq so it wasn't his fault he left the Lakers but he should've retired after playing 3 seasons with the Heat in reality. He proved his point in Miami and won another Championship and at that point had nothing else to prove. Watching him switch teams was painful at the end of his career, especially going to Boston!
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:55 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:

I am glad Kobe played all 20 seasons as a Laker, that is rare. Something we should all be proud of. I am glad Magic also played his whole career as a Laker. Watching these guys switch jerseys at the end of their career's is ugly! Lakers traded Shaq so it wasn't his fault he left the Lakers but he should've retired after playing 3 seasons with the Heat in reality. He proved his point in Miami and won another Championship and at that point had nothing else to prove. Watching him switch teams was painful at the end of his career, especially going to Boston!

There was a "HAVING SAID THAT" aspect to my rant, which is how I truly feel.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:23 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:

There was a "HAVING SAID THAT" aspect to my rant, which is how I truly feel.

I knew what you meant. I think in the long run we will look better by re-signing Kobe and letting him go out as a Laker, honoring him. Also, we have garnered Draft picks such as Randle, Russell, and Ingram by stinking. It will pay off in 2 more years and then some.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk