Russell

Russell

Postby Julius Russell » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Julius Russell

Re: Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:07 pm

Every TrueFan should read this article. Everyone who has their doubts about D-lo should read this article. This puts everything in perspective. The best numbers for a player HIS AGE were Kyrie Irving's (18.5p, 5.4a, 3.7r, 3.1to during the 2-10-11 lockout shortened season when he played 30.5 mpg as the best player on his team with Byron Scott as his coach). Kyrie didn't have to deal with the Kobe Bryant Sideshow, just the Ghost of LeBron James. He also didn't have to grind through 82 games, albeit they were doing back-to-back-to-back games and had a cramped schedule with little practice time. I think Russell will become a better all around player than Kyire, who is a champion despite his iso play and poor defense. D-lo certainly has that clutch mentality about him, just like Kyrie.

Yes, everyone read this article and thanks for posting it, Robert.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Yeah great read. I have done a complete 180 regarding Russell after watching him play in the Summer League so far and just seeing him grow in just a few short months. He looks stronger, more confident, and better since the Regular Season ended. Maybe Byron was holding him back too much last season? Maybe playing with Kobe stunted his Rookie growth because it was still Kobe's team? Hopefully he and Ingram become our Westbrook and Durant. I know he will never be as explosive as Westbrook but he can be a better 3 point shooter like a Curry type + he's bigger than Curry so he can Post up as well.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:03 pm

Remember how we had to wait for Kobe to come along? Had Mr. Bean played one or two seasons under Coach K, he would have likely taken some of Trajan Langdon's minutes, gone deeper into the NCAAs, maybe caught Player Of The Year and been a top-3 pick in the '98 draft over Olowokandi and Bibby. As it turned out, Phil sat him for a reason and The Mamba didn't start really slithering until '99 anyway.

I never doubted D'Angelo after seeing his tape and hearing him speak. And I think, on the court at least, he has earned our trust.

Now . . . what's going on with Randle?
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:20 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Remember how we had to wait for Kobe to come along? Had Mr. Bean played one or two seasons under Coach K, he would have likely taken some of Trajan Langdon's minutes, gone deeper into the NCAAs, maybe caught Player Of The Year and been a top-3 pick in the '98 draft over Olowokandi and Bibby. As it turned out, Phil sat him for a reason and The Mamba didn't start really slithering until '99 anyway.

I never doubted D'Angelo after seeing his tape and hearing him speak. And I think, on the court at least, he has earned our trust.

Now . . . what's going on with Randle?

Yeah Randle has been laying low, I haven't seen any Randle news in a while. Regarding Russell I have had my doubts simply because he was erratic and inconsistent during his Rookie Season and that whole thing with Nick Young wasn't cool either. Having said that I should expect a Rookie to have his struggles and do dumb stuff being young. So far I love what I see in this offseason though regarding Russell. His attitude and play seem different. I know it's Summer League competition but he didn't play well in last season's Summer League. He is tearing it up in this years.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Del Harris brought Kobe along slowly, but Phil would have, too. The difference is that Phil would probably have gotten us to the Finals sooner.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:00 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:Del Harris brought Kobe along slowly, but Phil would have, too. The difference is that Phil would probably have gotten us to the Finals sooner.

Ahh, I completely forgot about Del . . great guy but a forgettable tenure. I still think the catalyst for our Threepeat was Shaq's incredulity at witnessing Tim get a ring in '99.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:49 am

lakerevolution wrote:I still think the catalyst for our Threepeat was Shaq's incredulity at witnessing Tim get a ring in '99*.
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk