GM 1: 10/28/15 Wolves at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: GM 1: 10/28/15 Wolves at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:49 pm

Rev, yeah I think Lew could've played better than Russell :waaaaa: I don't expect 20/10 but good grief at least give me 10/5. Hell I am 44 years old and an old white boy and could you give you 4 Points if I played over 20 minutes. I know I could.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:49 pm

I don't think Okafor would be good for us right now. We needed a proven vet center like Hibbert and we have the young Randle. Mic'ed up Okafor sounded just as mousey as Russell, and our #2 pick will be ok. Clarkson is good to have and Lou looks focused, so I'll give the rook 20 games to show more reliability. Film, film, film. It's gonna be a grind.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:53 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I don't think Okafor would be good for us right now. We needed a proven vet center like Hibbert and we have the young Randle. Mic'ed up Okafor sounded just as mousey as Russell, and our #2 pick will be ok. Clarkson is good to have and Lou looks focused, so I'll give the rook 20 games to show more reliability. Film, film, film. It's gonna be a grind.

I hope so, I want to see him succeed. I am sick of losing. I cant believe we lost tonight. We were dominating early.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:52 am

Anybody raggin on a rookie 19 yr old in his first game needs to look at the 96 draft. Marbury was better than Kobe as a rookie. Iverson was the Roy.
Nash, Ray Allen.

Let him develop.
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:08 am

Julius Russell wrote:Anybody raggin on a rookie 19 yr old in his first game needs to look at the 96 draft. Marbury was better than Kobe as a rookie. Iverson was the Roy.
Nash, Ray Allen.

Let him develop.

Not raggin on him but when you are picked 2nd you need to be at least Good. Not asking the guy to be Very Good or Great yet, just Good, so far he has been Average at best and I am staying positive by saying that. If you go by Summer League, Pre-Season games, practice's that the media has shown he hasn't looked Good. Ok I get it's 1 game and I am not going to become the asshole in here that LakerTom's Site desires :waaaaa: but show me something. When Andrew Luck plays 1 bad game he gets steamrolled so why shouldn't Russell at least get criticized for playing bad?
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:40 am

You don't have to be good your first year.

That's something to stem your anxiety. Russell can develop slowly and still be great.
Julius Russell

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:07 pm

He penetrates into the paint then gets lost; the real-time experience vs. real NBA starting 5s will make him open his eyes quickly. Huertas has that entire-court vision from balling with some of the best below-the-rim talent other countries have to offer, and Russell has to train himself to adjust his skills to the pace and size of the NBA. Rarely do you see an Amari Cooper come into the NFL and play like a veteran his first six games; likewise first and second year RBs don't normally reach their potential until their fourth or fifth season. Even Julius Randle will need two more seasons to improve - though he already has the attitude of a veteran. If Russell really wants to be anywhere near a Lillard, Wall or CP3, he'll have to work as hard as Kobe at his craft. I look forward to seeing he and Clarkson form a crafty duo.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:43 pm

I caught the very end of the game, but followed the second half on my iPhone in the car. The game was lost in the third quarter after we gave up that 15 point lead. I didn't see it, but I am guessing that the pourous second unit defense was a major contributing factor. However, this team showed grit when they roared back in the last 2 minutes of the game and had Lou Williams' floater dropped as it normally does, the narrative from Lakers fans callnig this a TERRIBLE LOSS and asking for Byron Scott's head would have been different. That was a fantastic play call at the end of the game made for a player who loves those situations. Randle also showed his mettle down the stretch and I suspect that D'Angelo Russell will also as time goes on. As for Russell, if Lakers fans are incapable of having patience, they should not watch the games this season.

Finally, I really don't want to listen to or read any short-sighted knee jerk reactions to a journey that has just begun. I realize that D'Angelo Russell could be a bust, but he could also develop into a superstar, so please chill. We can all see his VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY early career struggles, so why bother mentioning what our eyes can see? If fans of any NBA organization should have perspective and patience, it's us. The loss hurt as did Kobe's obvious rust (the real reason we lost the game), but it was the first game of a season that is unlikely to see us play past April. A lot of good things happened last night with this newly formed team and, unlike last season when that rag tag team wasn't our future, it is important to focus on baby steps now. It's really important NOT to focus on Jahlil Okafor either. His team got blown out by an above average (for the Eastern Conference) Celtics team, so someone had to score some points for Philly. Yeah, I wanted him, too, but you can't cry over spilled milk ...

Yet I digress ...
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:48 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:06 pm

The only thing Byron should not repeat is holding our starting PG out of the 4th quarter. I figure that was punishment for subpar play. And yes Ken, the game - and a pretty consistent double-digit lead - evaporated in the last 18 minutes and we looked out of sorts. Yeah it's only one game but it was a winnable one (I'm sure Rubio and Crew felt the same) and we simply can't give away winnables.
lakerevolution

Postby Julius Russell » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:09 pm

No rookie is promised anything. He doesn't have to finish games.

In terms of the game Ken, the 3rd turned with foul after foul on both sides that totally killed any flow of the game.

Rubio made jumper after jumper late and we missed a bunch of open 3s.
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:32 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:I caught the very end of the game, but followed the second half on my iPhone in the car. The game was lost in the third quarter after we gave up that 15 point lead. I didn't see it, but I am guessing that the pourous second unit defense was a major contributing factor. However, this team showed grit when they roared back in the last 2 minutes of the game and had Lou Williams' floater dropped as it normally does, the narrative from Lakers fans callnig this a TERRIBLE LOSS and asking for Byron Scott's head would have been different. That was a fantastic play call at the end of the game made for a player who loves those situations. Randle also showed his mettle down the stretch and I suspect that D'Angelo Russell will also as time goes on. As for Russell, if Lakers fans are incapable of having patience, they should not watch the games this season.

Finally, I really don't want to listen to or read any short-sighted knee jerk reactions to a journey that has just begun. I realize that D'Angelo Russell could be a bust, but he could also develop into a superstar, so please chill. We can all see his VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY early career struggles, so why bother mentioning what our eyes can see? If fans of any NBA organization should have perspective and patience, it's us. The loss hurt as did Kobe's obvious rust (the real reason we lost the game), but it was the first game of a season that is unlikely to see us play past April. A lot of good things happened last night with this newly formed team and, unlike last season when that rag tag team wasn't our future, it is important to focus on baby steps now. It's really important NOT to focus on Jahlil Okafor either. His team got blown out by an above average (for the Eastern Conference) Celtics team, so someone had to score some points for Philly. Yeah, I wanted him, too, but you can't cry over spilled milk ...

Yet I digress ...

Ken, I didn't mean to sound negative. If anyone has had patience it's been me, all of us in here have had it. I think my Posting history speaks for itself regarding that. I constantly stick up for our players and have preached patience for the last 3 seasons. All I did was simply call out Russell for playing bad, it's nothing more or nothing less. I have done that from time to time with other players too, I just rarely do it. I mean if someone plays bad I am not going to praise them when I live and die with this team, go out of my to watch them and even go and see them once a season when they come to Indy. If you see some of the stuff that is posted over at Tom's about Russell my Post's pale in comparison. They get brutal over there, hell some destroy Kobe over there! Having said all of that I would love nothing more than to watch our Rookie grow and become Good, if not Great. That only makes us a better team. Also I didn't have a problem at all with Lou's shot at the end, I thought it was a great playcall, he just missed a shot he normally makes.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk