Summer League: Lakers vs Sixers (Ingram vs Simmons)

Re: Sumner League: Lakers vs Sixers (Ingram vs Simmons)

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Yeah I just seen highlights from the game. Russell another solid performance = great sign. Nance was solid too. Ingram struggled a bit but still knocked down a couple of big shots late. Ben Simmons passing ability is scary watching his highlights. He and Ingram both will be fun to watch for years. Maybe in a about 5 years that will be the league rivalry?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:55 pm

From a different angle.....The crowd goes wild!!

Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:06 pm

After the game, Russell yelled "I played like shit" when the commentator came over to him after making the game winning shot. The commentator looked at him and said "you cant say that" :roflmao: It will be interesting to see how Randle and Clarkson plays with Ingram. Seems like Russell, Ingram, and Nance have some nice chemistry brewing.
3Peatkb24

Re: Summer League: Lakers vs Sixers (Ingram vs Simmons)

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:04 pm

Well that was fun, but BOY did we suck most of the game and MAN is Ben Simmons going to be a superstar and MAYBE Larry Nance is even better than we hoped and PERHAPS D'Angelo Russell will actually be a great player in this league!

Yet I digress ...
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:12 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Well that was fun, but BOY did we suck most of the game and MAN is Ben Simmons going to be a superstar and MAYBE Larry Nance is even better than we hoped and PERHAPS D'Angelo Russell will actually be a great player in this league!

Yet I digress ...

Yeah that is why I wanted Simmons because his playmaking ability is incredible. He almost had a TDB tonight. Some of his passes were like Magic Johnson's. Having said that I have confidence that Ingram will eventually be a SuperStar so I am happy with our pick. In a few years, Simmons may be similar to LeBron and Ingram similar to Durant. Which being similar to Durant would be a welcome sight!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:16 am

The difference is that Simmons is with the Sixers and Ingram is with THE LAKERS BAYBEE!!! (sorry, been going back and forth with Lew on FB too much)

Having a handful of talented young athletes with a few veterans mixed in is the perfect scenario for Luke. These guys KNOW that Laker Nation needs, expects and deserves a winning team, and with Kobe finally gone this squad and franchise can breathe free, hang loose and play with abandon. Defense will create offense for this team, so I'm looking for Luke, Shaw, Mad Dog and the rest of the staff to really emphasize the importance of getting the opposition deep into the 24-second clock, funneling ball-handlers to our shot-blockers, and crisp coverage on the perimeter. Time to buy a new jersey!
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:20 am

Nance, the son of former dunk contest champion Larry Nance threw down a pair of highlight-reel slams, both coming off plays he started by grabbing a defensive rebound and pushing the ball. The second-year forward says he believes that could be a much bigger part of his game going forward.

"We have the freedom to do almost whatever we want now," he said. "Coach has given me his blessing to push the ball up the court, take the ball off the rim and push it up the court. If they commit to me, I'll kick it. If they don't, I'm coming down the lane. It's a position that I love playing. I love going downhill with the ball, and I hope to continue to play like that."

:slamdunk:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:45 am

lakerevolution wrote:Nance, the son of former dunk contest champion Larry Nance threw down a pair of highlight-reel slams, both coming off plays he started by grabbing a defensive rebound and pushing the ball. The second-year forward says he believes that could be a much bigger part of his game going forward.

"We have the freedom to do almost whatever we want now," he said. "Coach has given me his blessing to push the ball up the court, take the ball off the rim and push it up the court. If they commit to me, I'll kick it. If they don't, I'm coming down the lane. It's a position that I love playing. I love going downhill with the ball, and I hope to continue to play like that."

Nance is starting to look like his dad! I am very impressed with his athleticism.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:18 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Nance, the son of former dunk contest champion Larry Nance threw down a pair of highlight-reel slams, both coming off plays he started by grabbing a defensive rebound and pushing the ball. The second-year forward says he believes that could be a much bigger part of his game going forward.

Nance is starting to look like his dad! I am very impressed with his athleticism.

Lakers4Life

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:24 am

lakerevolution wrote:The difference is that Simmons is with the Sixers and Ingram is with THE LAKERS BAYBEE!!! (sorry, been going back and forth with Lew on FB too much)

Get Lew to get his ass back in here to discuss shit! :dedhors:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:39 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:The difference is that Simmons is with the Sixers and Ingram is with THE LAKERS BAYBEE!!! (sorry, been going back and forth with Lew on FB too much)

Get Lew to get his ass back in here to discuss shit! :dedhors:

If you've caught any of our back-and-forth volleying over FB the past few days (we used a tennis analogy, even), you'd know this is the last place his "the-sky-is-falling, my-opinion-is-the-only-thing-I-understand" ass would be. Thor even jumps out from behind his pant leg on occasion. I'm sure that, like a few others, he's been lurking. We started this site to get away from the fair-weather, pessimistic, immature, illogical, entitled cup-half-empty crowd, and it has whittled us down to just a few. If we are truly die-hard fans of this Lakers franchise, we've just endured the WORST period in the history of our fanhood (well, maybe the Magic HIV thing was worse) and nobody (including Celtics and Spurs fans) should be too upset with the fortune dealt to us by the fates of NBA basketball. We aren't used to waiting years and years for rebuilds and winning results, and the longer it goes the more antsy, anxious and antagonistic Laker fans will be. But what we have on the court right now is something to be excited about in a humble sort of way, and to get behind now that we have a coach that just might be the youthful emanation of Phil.

"Faith . ." a man once said, "is the belief in things unseen."

PFFFT!!! PFFFFT!!!
lakerevolution

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Rev, understand - just wishing we could a few more in here......like the girls! dammit!

I may even watch my fuckin' language if some ladies showed up! :panic:

PS. I stay away from the political mostly, and just scroll on by all politics, mostly. I ain't changin' my mind, and I'm not changing anybody else's is my stance. I hate all the shit going on everywhere except my house.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:20 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:Rev, understand - just wishing we could a few more in here......like the girls! dammit!

Rev brought up a good point and the percentage of patient, non-Blame Game, I don't blame Jim Buss types out there are few and far between (not that some of us don't have some opinions along those lines, but whatever). It may take a few seasons, but when the Lakers finally climb out of this hole, others will rejoice with us. Jesus will start posting more and so will kj kirby. Perhaps we can get seagramseven back in here and PurpleNGoldinVegas and Utah, but I'm guessing that they are taking a blogging hiatus from the Lakers during these dark times, which is cool. Diandra is another one with a very high hoops IQ. I actually met her for a drink before a Lakers game last season and she's a bright, cool young lady. These dark times are very rough on most fans and they would prefer to take the Blame Jim Buss, D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle stink approach, which is all fine and good but goes against the grain of our elitist attitude, if you will.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:10 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
NuggetsCountry wrote:Rev, understand - just wishing we could a few more in here......like the girls! dammit!

Rev brought up a good point and the percentage of patient, non-Blame Game, I don't blame Jim Buss types out there are few and far between (not that some of us don't have some opinions along those lines, but whatever). It may take a few seasons, but when the Lakers finally climb out of this hole, others will rejoice with us. Jesus will start posting more and so will kj kirby. Perhaps we can get seagramseven back in here and PurpleNGoldinVegas and Utah, but I'm guessing that they are taking a blogging hiatus from the Lakers during these dark times, which is cool. Diandra is another one with a very high hoops IQ. I actually met her for a drink before a Lakers game last season and she's a bright, cool young lady. These dark times are very rough on most fans and they would prefer to take the Blame Jim Buss, D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle stink approach, which is all fine and good but goes against the grain of our elitist attitude, if you will.

You really find out at times like these who the Truefans really are. You can tell who is fairweather and who is diehard just by the way they Post or if someone doesn't Post at all that used to Post everyday when we were winning Championships that is another sign. Hell I don't even live in California and not from there and know I am definitely a more diehard fan than a lot of people from there just by Chat over the years. Yes I have been harsh on Russell at times but I just want to see him succeed and so far in the Summer League through these 1st 2 games I love what I see from him. 3 years of terrible seasons would send most people over the cliff and at times it has even given me a headache and had me scratching my head at times but I think our future is bright. Hiring Luke and drafting Ingram are 2 huge things alone.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk