Mozgov vs Zubac

Re: Mozgov vs Zubac

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:34 am

I don't think Zubac will be inserted into the rotation any time soon. The Lakers won't be playing with a traditional center for 48 mpg, so I believe the more experienced "small ball" type center Tarik Black will be ahead of him on the depth chart. Zubac is 19 and, especially as a Marc Gasol type of big, will take time to develop. Let's not kid ourselves, it's the nature of bigs in the NBA. However, with his apparent advanced fundamentals and feel for the game, perhaps his growth will be quicker once he gets accustomed to the physicality and athleticism of NBA bigs. That will be an eye opener for him at first. Assuming that the Lakers settle on a 15 man roster and further assuming good health, I would not be surprised to see him in the D-League for awhile and/or some DNP-CDs. HAVING SAID THAT, I'm very excited about him!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:39 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:I don't think Zubac will be inserted into the rotation any time soon. The Lakers won't be playing with a traditional center for 48 mpg, so I believe the more experienced "small ball" type center Tarik Black will be ahead of him on the depth chart. Zubac is 19 and, especially as a Marc Gasol type of big, will take time to develop. Let's not kid ourselves, it's the nature of bigs in the NBA. However, with his apparent advanced fundamentals and feel for the game, perhaps his growth will be quicker once he gets accustomed to the physicality and athleticism of NBA bigs. That will be an eye opener for him at first. Assuming that the Lakers settle on a 15 man roster and further assuming good health, I would not be surprised to see him in the D-League for awhile and/or some DNP-CDs. HAVING SAID THAT, I'm very excited about him!

Between Mozgov, Black, and Zubac that could keep Mozgov healthy splitting time. I love Zubac's potential. He reminds of a taller version of Kirilenko.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:55 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I love Zubac's potential. He reminds of a taller version of Kirilenko.

While I don't see that at all, I definitely see the Marc Gasol comparison, although I think that Zubac will become even MORE of a banger and will play more effectively with his back to the basket, something I absolutely LOVE. He's a muscular 19 year old. At 20, Marc was a pudgy big and he didn't find his way to the NBA until he was 24. Zubac simply loves to absorb contact, but he'll be going into the heavyweight division at a very young age, so he will definitely take his lumps. If he is made of what I think he's made of, he will be a force to deal with when he's 22, right about when D-lo, Randle, Ingram, Clarkson and Nance have their mojo going. Mozgov, Deng and Calderon are perfect complimentary veteran professionals to assist in the facilitation of the maturity of that core. Deng will have the larger role he has been craving for years, while Calderon will thrive in the lesser role that he said is better suited for him at this point in his career. He felt he shouldered too much the past 2 seasons with the Knicks and loves this opportunity to back up Russell. As for Mozgov, we shall see, but I'm guessing this was a Luke thing. Assuming his knee is 100%, he should certainly be a big upgrade over Hibbert, but who knows. If not, enter Zubac. This is going to be fun. It will be painful, too, but at least they will be clear growing pains this time.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:16 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I love Zubac's potential. He reminds of a taller version of Kirilenko.

While I don't see that at all, I definitely see the Marc Gasol comparison, although I think that Zubac will become even MORE of a banger and will play more effectively with his back to the basket, something I absolutely LOVE. He's a muscular 19 year old. At 20, Marc was a pudgy big and he didn't find his way to the NBA until he was 24. Zubac simply loves to absorb contact, but he'll be going into the heavyweight division at a very young age, so he will definitely take his lumps. If he is made of what I think he's made of, he will be a force to deal with when he's 22, right about when D-lo, Randle, Ingram, Clarkson and Nance have their mojo going. Mozgov, Deng and Calderon are perfect complimentary veteran professionals to assist in the facilitation of the maturity of that core. Deng will have the larger role he has been craving for years, while Calderon will thrive in the lesser role that he said is better suited for him at this point in his career. He felt he shouldered too much the past 2 seasons with the Knicks and loves this opportunity to back up Russell. As for Mozgov, we shall see, but I'm guessing this was a Luke thing. Assuming his knee is 100%, he should certainly be a big upgrade over Hibbert, but who knows. If not, enter Zubac. This is going to be fun. It will be painful, too, but at least they will be clear growing pains this time.

I am looking forward to this up coming season. I am 100% sure we will be much better with the additions of Luke Coaching, Ingram and Zubac as players + Russell, Randle, and Nance having a season under the belt. The Deng pickup was a Good one as well and Clarkson should be his same ol self and give us double figure scoring. 30 wins is possible and I actually feel great about saying that because I believe we finally have direction and potentially a Great Coach in Luke and a Great player in Ingram.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk