Mozgov vs Zubac

Mozgov vs Zubac

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:26 pm

Mozgov better watch out or Ivica "Don't call me Drago" Zubac might mess around and take his spot in the starting lineup!

Zubac : 11 Points, 5 Rebounds, 3 Blocked Shots!!!

ZomboMeme08072016223114 08072016223114.jpg

He definitely slipped to us to #32 in the draft. He looks like a top 20 pick!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lakers4Life

Re: Mozgov vs Zubac

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:46 pm

NOW THESE ARE THE KIND OF PLAYERS WE NEED MORE OF ON OUR ROSTER:

Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:49 pm

#ZUBLOCKA!!!

Lakers4Life

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:12 pm

"Slipped to us" or an unspoken agreement between clubs :boozbuds: ?? I heard the kid was better than he was ranked pre-draft, he might be a mini-Porzingis for us. With the right coaching, these Lakers AS CURRENTLY CONSTRUCTED can be an upstart young(ish) team that gets 35-40 wins. I think the first 20-25 games will be a learning process, then we'll hammer out some tight wins and at least separate ourselves from the Pacific cellar.

While not blown away, I'm excited about what we look capable of achieving, and without trying to swing for the fences (we tried that a couple times already) we've set ourselves up well both financially for the next two seasons in trade factor and, hopefully, well enough to gel and get those higher-echelon FAs so we can be back in the driver's seat to a title contention. Cruiser weight to Light-heavyweight in 3 seasons. We all know how quickly these things can happen. We just saw it with the Warriors, a team that legitimately stole this division from us. We were the rulers for more seasons than you can shake a trophy at, and even when we didn't finish first in our group, we marched to or near the top. It's going to be tough as long as KD and Steph and Co. are together, I can't lie, it will be tough. But what better motivation?
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:17 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:Mozgov better watch out or Ivica "Don't call me Drago" Zubac might mess around and take his spot in the starting lineup!

Zubac : 11 Points, 5 Rebounds, 3 Blocked Shots!!!

ZomboMeme08072016223114 08072016223114.jpg

He definitely slipped to us to #32 in the draft. He looks like a top 20 pick!!

I think he should start but he wont being a Rookie. Mozgov will get the nod but I have liked Zubac from the beginning. He is a lot better than Sacre just going by the eye test.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:30 pm

Sacreblock didn't work, so now we have the Eastern ZuBlock. Back in the U.S.S.R., baby.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:40 am

lakerevolution wrote:"Slipped to us" or an unspoken agreement between clubs :boozbuds: ?? I heard the kid was better than he was ranked pre-draft, he might be a mini-Porzingis for us. With the right coaching, these Lakers AS CURRENTLY CONSTRUCTED can be an upstart young(ish) team that gets 35-40 wins. I think the first 20-25 games will be a learning process, then we'll hammer out some tight wins and at least separate ourselves from the Pacific cellar.

While not blown away, I'm excited about what we look capable of achieving, and without trying to swing for the fences (we tried that a couple times already) we've set ourselves up well both financially for the next two seasons in trade factor and, hopefully, well enough to gel and get those higher-echelon FAs so we can be back in the driver's seat to a title contention. Cruiser weight to Light-heavyweight in 3 seasons. We all know how quickly these things can happen. We just saw it with the Warriors, a team that legitimately stole this division from us. We were the rulers for more seasons than you can shake a trophy at, and even when we didn't finish first in our group, we marched to or near the top. It's going to be tough as long as KD and Steph and Co. are together, I can't lie, it will be tough. But what better motivation?

I read a tweet by someone yesterday who said that Zubac was top 20 on the Lakers draft list. After he was drafted, you may recall him saying that he hoped he wouldn't go in the first round and would slip to the Lakers. That's giving up money! I also read where he wanted to come to the NBA next season and that other teams looked at him as a 'draft and stash' guy. Maybe we got lucky here! One decent Summer League game means nothing, but his skill set was certainly on display and, ESPECIALLY at 19, he's no stiff! Suddenly we have the potential of a starting 5 of Zubac, Randle, Ingram, Clarkson and Russell, which could be an impressive team in about 3 seasons. They all have 'tude. Thrown in the other youngsters (Nance, Brown, Black) and the future is suddenly clarifying. That's all we can ask for.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:46 pm

Zublocka can Zudunka too!!!

Lakers4Life

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:06 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:21 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

How did Zublocka fall to us in the 2nd round? He has way too much talent & potential. Another gem from Ryan West. Like father like son.
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:45 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

How did Zublocka fall to us in the 2nd round? He has way too much talent & potential. Another gem from Ryan West. Like father like son.

Honestly we could be a 30 win team if he has any kind of consistency and plays Above Average. He looks a lot better than Sacre or Hibbert. Many people didn't or probably don't expect us to get much out of the Center position but it's looking like we might with Zubac. If Russell can be just Good, that is playing consistent giving us around 20 points and 8 Assists a night/keeping the Turnovers down, Ingram has a Very Good to Great Rookie Season averaging around 15 or so, Randle becomes a 17/10 nightly guy, Clarkson chips in his 15 a night, and Zubac protects the rim and gives us some double double games then we can reach 30 wins IMO. I am hoping Mozgov and Zubac split time to keep one another having fresh legs. We have depth on our frontline unlike the past few seasons, Nance is also a good backup for Randle.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:06 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Honestly we could be a 30 win team if he has any kind of consistency and plays Above Average. He looks a lot better than Sacre or Hibbert. Many people didn't or probably don't expect us to get much out of the Center position but it's looking like we might with Zubac. If Russell can be just Good, that is playing consistent giving us around 20 points and 8 Assists a night/keeping the Turnovers down, Ingram has a Very Good to Great Rookie Season averaging around 15 or so, Randle becomes a 17/10 nightly guy, Clarkson chips in his 15 a night, and Zubac protects the rim and gives us some double double games then we can reach 30 wins IMO. I am hoping Mozgov and Zubac split time to keep one another having fresh legs. We have depth on our frontline unlike the past few seasons, Nance is also a good backup for Randle.

I'd take 30 wins. But i think 35 -40 wins would turn free agents heads. Although highly improbable. As long as I see growth from our young core. I mean serious growth. I'll be happy. I'm here for the long haul.
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:50 am

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

I'd take 30 wins. But i think 35 -40 wins would turn free agents heads. Although highly improbable. As long as I see growth from our young core. I mean serious growth. I'll be happy. I'm here for the long haul.

Yes, growth, developing perfect chemistry, and progression are the 3 most important things. Hopefully 30 or so wins will come with that as well. The more we win the more Free Agents will want to play for the Lakers. Winning 30 games would seem like making the Playoffs after what we have went through the last 3 seasons. It would be a 13 game improvement which is solid!
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:09 am

I think 30 is beyond possible.

Let's be careful though. Hibbert is much better than most rookie bigs including Zubac.

Mosgov might average 20/15 in SL.

However he is a real prospect and I look forward to seeing him grow with us.

Thinking further though, Clarkson, Nance, Zubac and possibly Brown could end up turning into essential members of our core.

The entire FO deserves credit
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:28 am

Julius Russell wrote:I think 30 is beyond possible.

Let's be careful though. Hibbert is much better than most rookie bigs including Zubac.

Mosgov might average 20/15 in SL.

However he is a real prospect and I look forward to seeing him grow with us.

Thinking further though, Clarkson, Nance, Zubac and possibly Brown could end up turning into essential members of our core.

The entire FO deserves credit

Hibbert looked really awful last season and let us all down. He looked slow, Zubac looks much more agile. Hibbert from 3 years ago was a solid talent and he produced 2 and Half seasons of Very Good ball for the Pacers. As of now I will set the over/under at 29.5. 30 is doable but so is 25. I trust Luke a lot and I think Ingram is the real deal so 30 could happen. We got extremely lucky that Ben Simmons wasn't the only potentially great player coming out, there was Ingram as well. He made the game look easy last night Offensively.
3Peatkb24

Next

Return to LakerTalk