Timmy Mozgov is officially a Laker

Re: Timmy Mozgov is officially a Laker

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:00 pm

If Tristan Thompson and LeBron didn't rise to the occasion vs. the Dubs, we would have seen more Mozgov in the Finals. He has a ring, back-to-back Finals experience and is just turning 30. He'll have his chance to shine in the paint.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:29 pm

lakerevolution wrote:If Tristan Thompson and LeBron didn't rise to the occasion vs. the Dubs, we would have seen more Mozgov in the Finals. He has a ring, back-to-back Finals experience and is just turning 30. He'll have his chance to shine in the paint.

Spoken like a real TrueFan, Rev! Mozgov said that Luke really likes his game and believes in him. Good enough for me.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:00 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:Mosgov < Andre Drummond, Hassan Whiteside, Al Horford, Dwight Howard, Al Jefferson, Joakim Noah, Bismack Biyombo, Festus Ezeli, Zaza Pachulia, Ian Mahinmi, Donatas Motiejunas, Marreese Speights

Ok I would had been ecstatic over Drummond, Horford or Whiteside.

I hate Dwight but I'm sure I would be happier than the Russian

Jefferson or Noah would had been solid

Biyombo & especially Ezeli would had made sense

SHOOT! I would had been content with Zaza!!!

Again, this Mosgov guy was on nobody's radar. What gives?

Preach it Craig. Why couldn't we have signed Al Jefferson instead like the Pacers did. If he took only 10 Million to play in Indy he surely the hell would've took 16 Million to play in LA, probably would've took 12. Jefferson is the much better player as well. Everyone on ESPN is calling our deal the worst in Free Agency so far, many are praising the Pacers Jefferson deal. I would've been ecstatic to land Jefferson for 3 years for reasonable money. He's only 1 year older than Mozgov as well so age isn't even a factor in not trying for Al. Having patience is one thing which I have had through 3 miserable seasons but when we have questionable signings that are out in leftfield it needs to be questioned.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:46 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:If Tristan Thompson and LeBron didn't rise to the occasion vs. the Dubs, we would have seen more Mozgov in the Finals. He has a ring, back-to-back Finals experience and is just turning 30. He'll have his chance to shine in the paint.

Spoken like a real TrueFan, Rev! Mozgov said that Luke really likes his game and believes in him. Good enough for me.

I can only assume that Coach Luke was consulted and/or met with Tim-O during talks. This didn't happen in the blind or without thought. Look at all the money these journeymen are getting since the Mozgov trade happened. Conley for more per year than Dwight. I don't get the pessimism, we haven't played even one pre-season game yet and I think Mozgov is going to mesh well with our "Big Three" and Coach Three Rings.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:57 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

I can only assume that Coach Luke was consulted and/or met with Tim-O during talks. This didn't happen in the blind or without thought. Look at all the money these journeymen are getting since the Mozgov trade happened. Conley for more per year than Dwight. I don't get the pessimism, we haven't played even one pre-season game yet and I think Mozgov is going to mesh well with our "Big Three" and Coach Three Rings.

"I don't get the pessimism". I truly don't get the optimism about this pickup when we probably could've easily had Al Jefferson. We way overpaid for Mozgov as well. I have been watching ESPN and the NBA Channel all day and going to their Sites and have yet to find 1 person/analyst/Poster that thinks this is a good pickup or a good deal. It is what it is and I feel like I have earned the right to speak out if I think a move or deal isn't good for our team. I have had just much Patience as anyone in here over the last 3 seasons and have been just as Positive as anyone in here and I Post more than anyone in here so I am definitely a diehard TrueFan regardless of how I feel about a player like Mozgov. So, no I don't feel bad at all speaking out on something that I don't agree with regarding a team I have been a diehard fan of for 40 years. Yes, I understand it's a rebuild so during rebuilds teams usually do stink for a while and have to develop their young players but your FO also has to make moves that make sense and can help during the rebuild. We have sucked for 3 seasons in a row and probably will next season too. Usually in a rebuilding phase if your FO Draft's right and picks up the right players you don't suck badly for 4 straight seasons, by then your team should be showing signs of getting better. Our only hope is Russell gets much better and so does Randle, Clarkson does what he's been doing, and Ingram turns into a SuperStar by season 3. Ingram has the most potential out of any of our players IMO. The only 3 Great things the FO has done in 3 years is hire Luke and Draft Clarkson and Ingram. Getting Clarkson was a nice steal so I give our FO huge credit for that!
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:15 pm

Luke loves his game and according to Mozgov that was a big reason for him signing with the Lakers, as well as his appreciation for the franchise, which is refreshing. So "blame" Luke, 3Peat. As for me, I predict that Luke will bring the very best out of this guy night in and night out and he will be looked at as a great value signing. So there.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:27 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Luke loves his game and according to Mozgov that was a big reason for him signing with the Lakers, as well as his appreciation for the franchise, which is refreshing. So "blame" Luke, 3Peat. As for me, I predict that Luke will bring the very best out of this guy night in and night out and he will be looked at as a great value signing. So there.

Well if Luke Ok'd it I will shut up about it then because I love that we have Luke as Coach and glad our FO hired him. I hope Mozgov's tears it up, he has to better than Roy was last season doesn't he?
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:35 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Luke loves his game and according to Mozgov that was a big reason for him signing with the Lakers, as well as his appreciation for the franchise, which is refreshing. So "blame" Luke, 3Peat. As for me, I predict that Luke will bring the very best out of this guy night in and night out and he will be looked at as a great value signing. So there.

I had to get 1 great last rant in before I let it go :roflmao: :waaaaa: Now it's time to move on and see who else we can get. How about Lance on a 1 year deal for the hell of it. Every team seems to be staying away from him, he still is a good talent.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:17 pm

Al Jefferson is nothing but a NAME.

Terrible defender and could be the slowest big out there. Okafor Beta!!!

Those players are good individual players but terrible 5 on 5 NBA players. Like Cousins btw.

Anyway Mosgov's here not to 'tear it up'.

He's here to play a role.

Ingram, Clarkson , Randle and Russell are here to TEAR it up.

Everyone else is a role player!!!!!!
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:32 pm

Julius Russell wrote:Al Jefferson is nothing but a NAME.

Terrible defender and could be the slowest big out there. Okafor Beta!!!

Those players are good individual players but terrible 5 on 5 NBA players. Like Cousins btw.

Anyway Mosgov's here not to 'tear it up'.

He's here to play a role.

Ingram, Clarkson , Randle and Russell are here to TEAR it up.

Everyone else is a role player!!!!!!

Last I looked Jefferson has had the much better career compared to Mozgov and it's not even a debate. Jefferson is the better player and they are about the same age, not too much to debate here. Cousins is the best Center in the league or 2nd best if you classify Davis as a true Center so you and I must not be watching the same game. Look if you are happy with Mozgov I get it but Posting stuff inferring that he's better than Jefferson is a bit funny. Also I would take Okafor over Jefferson or Mozgov if you gave me the choice today because of his age.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:17 pm

Jefferson has better stats.

Every team Mosgov has went to has been a better team. And he has the title.

Al Jefferson has been to playoffs twice at most.

Can't build around bigs who don't play D. It's why almost all these bigs have been paid more than Al Jefferson.

Makes Pau look like Alonzo Mourning
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:55 pm

Julius Russell wrote:Jefferson has better stats.

Can't build around bigs who don't play D. It's why almost all these bigs have been paid more than Al Jefferson.

I do believe that if Mozgov's knee is healthy, he will play his role as he is asked and may have his best season in 2016-17. When does he take his physical?

Robert's right about Jefferson. 3Peat, will all due respect, you throw the word "better" around a little loosely. There are a lot of players who are "better" than other players at their positions, but that doesn't necessarily make them the right fit. Look at what Pop and Phil Jackson have done with stiffs like Oberto, Stiffler, Longley and Perdue, just to name a few. Look what they got out of certain role players, too. Hell, look what Phil got out of Luke! Are there other centers who I would have rather see us sign? Sure. But Luke knew who he wanted and he knew why he wanted him. I bet that was mainly his call and the FO went along with it for all the reasons that the positive folks have written about. Better ain't always better, my friend. In fact, Joe Lacob may have just gotten too greedy for his own good for all we know. It wouldn't shock me if players on the "Strength in Numbers" team started demonstrating some resentment. That's chemistry that he just fucked with.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:59 pm

Great stuff right here!
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:58 pm

I read that Mosgov mishandled his knee.

KD and Westbrook had that issue in OKC.

Lakers knew how to handle Nance and Bynum. I think we'll be cautious and you have Ivica and Tarik
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:49 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
Julius Russell wrote:Jefferson has better stats.

I do believe that if Mozgov's knee is healthy, he will play his role as he is asked and may have his best season in 2016-17. When does he take his physical?

Robert's right about Jefferson. 3Peat, will all due respect, you throw the word "better" around a little loosely. There are a lot of players who are "better" than other players at their positions, but that doesn't necessarily make them the right fit. Look at what Pop and Phil Jackson have done with stiffs like Oberto, Stiffler, Longley and Perdue, just to name a few. Look what they got out of certain role players, too. Hell, look what Phil got out of Luke! Are there other centers who I would have rather see us sign? Sure. But Luke knew who he wanted and he knew why he wanted him. I bet that was mainly his call and the FO went along with it for all the reasons that the positive folks have written about. Better ain't always better, my friend. In fact, Joe Lacob may have just gotten too greedy for his own good for all we know. It wouldn't shock me if players on the "Strength in Numbers" team started demonstrating some resentment. That's chemistry that he just fucked with.

If we were on the verge of winning a Title and didn't need a huge upgrade at Center but just a body to protect the rim and give us 10 points and 8 Boards then I would be fine with Mozgov. Chemistry is huge I agree! We need major help at Center to complement the other players though and Jefferson would've gave us that, JMO. I get chemistry is huge but we are a team that needs help talent wise besides chemistry. If you put a Poll on Twitter and ask Lakers fans who would they rather have Jefferson or Mozgov, I would bet my nut sack over 80% of Lakers fans would say Jefferson. So you and Robert are in the minority. By the way Mozgov has a bum knee as well. After the 1st of the month of the season you will be calling this guy a stiff like you did Roy because he is LOL. Jefferson will help the Pacers out bigtime off the bench IMO.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk