D'Angelo Russell #The Journey #The Future

Re: D'Angelo Russell #The Journey #The Future

Postby Julius Russell » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:24 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I will use another example. After Lillard's Rookie Season I knew he would be Very Good. By the way he was the 6th pick in the Draft not the 2nd pick. Russell is entering season 2 so if he cant even have a season like Lillard had his Rookie Season, then what? Portland even lost Aldridge and still made the Semi Finals Round and played the Warriors pretty good. Everyone had Portland stinking coming into this season, not 1 person had them making the Playoffs. I'll drop this subject but my Post here should hit home.

What is this rant?

Lillard came in the game with a man's body. Top 6 strongest point guards.

Russell won't be that.

Point guards are different.

Dragic, Lowry, Conley broke out later. Billups broke out later. Aforementioned Nash and Stockton.

Russell will improve but this year isn't indicative of nothing. Kobe best game and Curry's was 12 3s. He got 8 already. That's enough to show me he will be an exceptional scorer and shooter
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:13 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:My motto from here on out is "no more excuses, time to improve and win".

Time to improve certainly .. and to develop chemistry, culture and continuity. EVENTUALLY, the wins will come. Our starting lineup will likely include 19, 20, 21 and 24 year old players. That's called a built in excuse if you have a working knowledge of NBA history. They will blossom and they will grow, but once again you are looking at 25-30 wins unless by some miracle MItch hits a home run in free agency, but the odds of that are slim to none and slim has one foot on the platform and the other on the train. No 3Peat, I really don't get your point.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:35 am

Julius Russell wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I will use another example. After Lillard's Rookie Season I knew he would be Very Good. By the way he was the 6th pick in the Draft not the 2nd pick. Russell is entering season 2 so if he cant even have a season like Lillard had his Rookie Season, then what? Portland even lost Aldridge and still made the Semi Finals Round and played the Warriors pretty good. Everyone had Portland stinking coming into this season, not 1 person had them making the Playoffs. I'll drop this subject but my Post here should hit home.

What is this rant?

Lillard came in the game with a man's body. Top 6 strongest point guards.

Russell won't be that.

Point guards are different.

Dragic, Lowry, Conley broke out later. Billups broke out later. Aforementioned Nash and Stockton.

Russell will improve but this year isn't indicative of nothing. Kobe best game and Curry's was 12 3s. He got 8 already. That's enough to show me he will be an exceptional scorer and shooter

Russell was the #2 pick in the Draft. If Lillard was so great and had a "man's body" coming into the Draft why didn't he go #1 or even Top 3 then? 5 teams passed on him. When you are the #1 or #2 pick of a Draft you need to produce by season 2 in Good fashion. All of those names you mentioned weren't the #2 pick in the Draft. Had Andrew Luck came to the Colts and sucked in year 1 and 2, I would be saying the same thing about him so this has nothing to do with me even trying to dis Russell. Funny how Andrew can take a 2-14 team to 11-5 with basically a whole new Roster, he did have Wayne but Russell had Kobe and Russell cant even lead us to 30 wins. Lillard doesn't have much around him and all he does is win. Hell, Lillard lost his best option and still lead the Blazers to the Playoffs and won a series.

-It is much tougher in Football by the way for 1 person to turn a team around because you have 22 players in total playing Offense and Defense.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:40 am

3peat, are you okay?

Lillard being 6th means what?

Draymond was a late pick in that draft, so was Plumee and Drummond went 10th.

Just terrible scouting.

You pick a 19 yr old at 2nd Bc it's a 15 year play
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:42 am

Julius Russell wrote:3peat, are you okay?

Lillard being 6th means what?

Draymond was a late pick in that draft, so was Plumee and Drummond went 10th.

Just terrible scouting.

You pick a 19 yr old at 2nd Bc it's a 15 year play

I am perfectly fine. My whole point from the beginning of this whole discussion was, Russell needs to improve in season 2 and so does Randle which would show me a lot. If they don't then that isn't good for our franchise. I simplified my point instead of typing out a book.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:48 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:My motto from here on out is "no more excuses, time to improve and win".

Time to improve certainly .. and to develop chemistry, culture and continuity. EVENTUALLY, the wins will come. Our starting lineup will likely include 19, 20, 21 and 24 year old players. That's called a built in excuse if you have a working knowledge of NBA history. They will blossom and they will grow, but once again you are looking at 25-30 wins unless by some miracle MItch hits a home run in free agency, but the odds of that are slim to none and slim has one foot on the platform and the other on the train. No 3Peat, I really don't get your point.

Point is Russell and Randle need to improve in season 2. Even if we win 25 games it wont bother me as long as those 2 look much better than last season.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:49 am

I disagree.

They need to improve eventually, but year 2 is not required.

Was Stockton improved in year 2?
Was Micheal Jordan?

Much better?

It's a new system and teammates to get acclimated to.
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:02 am

Julius Russell wrote:I disagree.

They need to improve eventually, but year 2 is not required.

Was Stockton improved in year 2?
Was Micheal Jordan?

Much better?

It's a new system and teammates to get acclimated to.

So if Russell and Randle play like last season you are perfectly fine with it? Just asking. Michael Jordan broke his foot in year 2 but by the way he came back and still scored 63 points on the 1986 Celtics in a Playoff game so yes he was better.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:03 am

Rookies in NBA history to average at least 23 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists Per 100 Possessions as a TEEN:

LeBron James
Kyrie Irving
D'Angelo Russell

#IN NBA HISTORY!!
Lakers4Life

Postby Julius Russell » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:10 am

I won't make any claims about players because they seemingly don't improve.

Sophmore slump is a common phrase for a reason
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:20 am

Lakers4Life wrote:Rookies in NBA history to average at least 23 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists Per 100 Possessions as a TEEN:

LeBron James
Kyrie Irving
D'Angelo Russell

#IN NBA HISTORY!!

Craig, I really have no idea what that stat means but Russell averaged 13.2 Points, 3.3 Assists, and shot 41% from the field. He shot 74% from the line. Looking at that stat line what grade would you give it? Then look at LeBron's and Kyrie's stat line In their Rookie seasons. I am only listing facts. Ok take LeBron out of the equation because he isn't human but Kyrie's Rookie Season was much better than Russell's statistically.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:09 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:Rookies in NBA history to average at least 23 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists Per 100 Possessions as a TEEN:

LeBron James
Kyrie Irving
D'Angelo Russell

#IN NBA HISTORY!!

Craig, I really have no idea what that stat means but Russell averaged 13.2 Points, 3.3 Assists, and shot 41% from the field. He shot 74% from the line. Looking at that stat line what grade would you give it? Then look at LeBron's and Kyrie's stat line In their Rookie seasons. I am only listing facts. Ok take LeBron out of the equation because he isn't human but Kyrie's Rookie Season was much better than Russell's statistically.

D'Angelo Russell wasn't used properly by the coaching staff. He didn't have any consistency until very late in the season. Where his level of play improved. All these other guys you're comparing him to had prominent roles from the jump. Stop basing everything by numbers and look at the whole picture.
Lakers4Life

Postby Julius Russell » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:41 am

Lol.

Wow.

Kyrie had better numbers so ....
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:56 pm

Julius Russell wrote:Lol.

Wow.

Kyrie had better numbers so ....

Who should I compare Russell too then? Guy was the #2 pick in the Draft and the media put tons of hype behind him. I am just comparing him to other PG's in the league which is his competition. So when I bring up players like Lillard and Kyrie having much better Rookie season's it just gets ignored?? This is the NBA = Not Baby Association. Kyrie didn't have a man's body when he came in and the Cavs were junk when he arrived and he still tore it up. He played like the #1 pick should play on a crap team. I am not even comparing Russell to guys like CP3 or Westbrook so it's not like I am being unfair here.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:59 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

LeBron James
Kyrie Irving
D'Angelo Russell

#IN NBA HISTORY!!

D'Angelo Russell wasn't used properly by the coaching staff. He didn't have any consistency until very late in the season. Where his level of play improved. All these other guys you're comparing him to had prominent roles from the jump. Stop basing everything by numbers and look at the whole picture.

I am just having fun with this, bare with me. Believe me I want nothing more for Russell to turn out great for the sake of our team. I have nothing to gain by him not panning out.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk