Another New List Thread

Re: Another New List Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:12 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I have seen tons of lists over the last few days and most have LeBron over Kobe which really irks me. Another reason why I can never root for him. If he keeps winning 99% of the media will put LeBron at #1 eventually. There is a real strong chance that the Cavs could Repeat and then 3Peat if they stay healthy. After beating a 73 win team on their home floor in Game 7, the sky is the limit!

I will defer to Tate somewhat with this list because it's my all-time list, including players that played in the 50's and 60's to who I have seen live:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Kobe Bryant
6. LeBron James
7. Shaquille O'Neal
8. Bill Russell
9. Tim Duncan
10. Larry Bird
11. Oscar Robertson
12. Hakeem Olajuwon
13. Jerry West
14. Moses Malone
15. Elgin Baylor
16. Karl Malone
17. Doctor J
18. John Havlicek
19. Isiah Thomas
20. Dwyane Wade
-Guys in Bold I never seen live. George Mikan, Charles Barkley, and Dirk Nowitzki are my 3 Honorable Mentions! Of course I know Tate will have West and Elgin much higher but this list is basically just opinion from what I have seen and going by a ton of criteria like Stats, MVP's, Championships won, Longevity, and I even sort of factored in who I would Draft over other players. There really is no right answer but out of all the players I have listed here, they are all Great in their own way and that is fact at least.

I probably should mention John Stockton eventhough Ken thinks he is a dirty prick LOL. He is the all-time Assists and Steals Leader which are 2 very important stats, plus he did play in 2 Finals as well. See I love players who are clutch too when it comes to the Playoffs like James Worthy and Reggie Miller as well. Reggie never won a Ring so he wont make many Top 50 list even but other than Steph Curry he is the best shooter I have ever seen regarding making 3's, Worthy is #50 on Bill Simmons updated list.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:07 am

You've been doing this for a while now, so I know your list is at least in the ballpark. It's always subjective and fans from different generations (or regions) will be tempted to dispute certain rankings, but as long as you don't blatantly leave someone out who deserves to be there or rank someone much lower (or higher) than they clearly deserve, then it's a good list. Sometimes I copy and paste these and share with other NBA fans I know, to get their opinions.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:46 am

lakerevolution wrote:You've been doing this for a while now, so I know your list is at least in the ballpark. It's always subjective and fans from different generations (or regions) will be tempted to dispute certain rankings, but as long as you don't blatantly leave someone out who deserves to be there or rank someone much lower (or higher) than they clearly deserve, then it's a good list. Sometimes I copy and paste these and share with other NBA fans I know, to get their opinions.

Copy and paste this Rev. I always love input. What I love about my list is, I list the criteria I base it on, I am not biased so it's not bullshit :cheers:, and I have seen all the players live with my own eye's which I trust just as much as anyone's else = my live list would be: Keep in my mind this is who I have seen live from basically 1977-2016 seasons (40 seasons of hoops)
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Kobe Bryant
5. LeBron James
6. Shaq O'Neal
7. Tim Duncan
8. Larry Bird
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Moses Malone
11. Karl Malone
12. Doctor J
13. Isiah Thomas
14. Dwyane Wade
15. Charles Barkley
16. Dirk Nowitzki
-My Sweet 16!
*My main criteria would be Statistics of a player, Overall Games Won by a player - Karl Malone won a ton of games but no Championships, Championships Won by a player and how important that player was in winning those Championships = very important as in was the player the best player or 2nd best player or a Role player?, What era a player played in is important too as I think the 80's was the best era, How Clutch a player is, How Athletic and Talented a player is, How Dominant a player is at his position - Shaq!, How many League MVP's a player has won, How many Finals MVP's a player has won, What player I would take in a Draft , and a players Longevity.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:56 am

How did you justify the Barkley ranking? Players like Robert Horry, Scottie Pippen, and Allen Iverson might be considered.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:00 am

lakerevolution wrote:How did you justify the Barkley ranking? Players like Robert Horry, Scottie Pippen, and Allen Iverson might be considered.

To me Barkley always carried his teams and he won an MVP of the League as well. Statistically Barkley averaged more Points and Rebounds and shot a much higher FG% than Pippen too. Pippen always had Mike so his Championship number is inflated and Pippen never came close to winning an MVP. Iverson IMO was never the dominant force that Barkley was. If I stretched my list out to 20, Pippen and Iverson would be on it though. I just gave you 16 names. Regarding Horry, Horry was never the best player on his team or even 2nd best. He was extremely Clutch and has 7 Championships but he has always been a Role player.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:42 am

Rev

Pippen's Championships definitely have to be factored in because he was always the 2nd best player and his Defense was better than Barkley's but without Mike I doubt Pippen wins 1 Championship. Mike always carried that team. I would have to think but if I did stretch out my list to 20 out of the players I have seen live Pippen would make it. I could argue James Worthy was better than Pippen though, Worthy won a Finals MVP.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:02 pm

Just watched Kobe's 60 point game again! Gave me chills. He hugged Shaq at the end as Shaq was near the bench! Great stuff! Before the game Shaq told Kobe you better give me 50, Kobe said watch this old buddy, I will do you one better - how about 60!
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk