Ingram posts picture of himself in Laker jersey on FaceBook

Re: Ingram posts picture of himself in Laker jersey on FaceB

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:48 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:I certainly think so. SO........ if that's the case, what is Philly to do? Who do they pick?

Simmons, even though Ingram worked out for them today. Unless LeBron was their GM, their feelings won't be hurt and they will draft him anyway. Then again, why would they even bring Ingram in for a workout if that was the case? The only thing I can think of is the Lakers wanting Simmons so badly that they would be willing to swap picks and throw in Clarkson to secure Ben Simmons. OR it could possibly be something more blockbusterish involving one of their bigs and Randle. They can use a power forward and we can certainly use a center, so it is POSSIBLE we might see some fireworks!

HYPO: Swap picks, Philly gets Randle and Clarkson, Lakers get Okafor and the #24 pick or Sauce Castillo.

I would be excited about this scenario!!

P.s. Maybe even 3-Peat would finally be happy :cheers:

Wouldn't be Great if we ended up with Russell who we already have and Okafor LOL

If we could end up with Okafor and Simmons or Ingram to go with Russell and Nance + pick up a Very Good F. Agent I would be estatcic. Okafor to me will be a solid Pro.

Me too brutha! This would be a very successful off-season by the great Mitch Kupchak
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:51 pm

Craig, wouldn't it be Great if we ended up with Russell who we already have and Okafor LOL.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:38 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Craig, wouldn't it be Great if we ended up with Russell who we already have and Okafor LOL.

Yessir!! That would be poetic justice!!

Russell
Okafor
Simmons or Ingram
Free agent #1 (Whiteside)
Free agent #2 (Barnes)
Larry Nance Jr
Lou Williams

YES PLEASE!!!!
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:31 am

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Craig, wouldn't it be Great if we ended up with Russell who we already have and Okafor LOL.

Yessir!! That would be poetic justice!!

Russell
Okafor
Simmons or Ingram
Free agent #1 (Whiteside)
Free agent #2 (Barnes)
Larry Nance Jr
Lou Williams

YES PLEASE!!!!

Yes Sir!
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:11 am

BTW, I need to correct myself on the hypothetical trade that I posted earlier. Something like that could only happen after 7/1 AND Jordan Clarkson would have to consent to it. In other words, if let's say the Knicks make him a max offer (some team will because it hurts our payroll regardless) and we match, Clarkson would then have to consent to a trade (I have no idea why, but that is what I read). So trading him is extremely complicated and is unlikely to happen.

HAVING SAID THAT, the Lakers and Sixers certainly have compatibility with mix and match parts, so it would not shock me completely if a complex trade was worked out in a manner to improve both teams. The fun stuff starts a week from Thursday, brethren.

As for free agent signings, I am pessimistic that we will land any difference makers. Players only want to go to winners these days and could care less about our rich lore. Nobody wants to sign with a rebuilding team. Perhaps some RFAs will, but their teams will likely match regardless of the size of the contract with all the money teams will have. Too many teams have gobs of money to spend. Most players stay with their own teams anyway. Once again, I think we'll be signing off the scrap heap for the most part, barring collusion, which is the only other thing today's players seem to understand. We live in different times.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:00 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:BTW, I need to correct myself on the hypothetical trade that I posted earlier. Something like that could only happen after 7/1 AND Jordan Clarkson would have to consent to it. In other words, if let's say the Knicks make him a max offer (some team will because it hurts our payroll regardless) and we match, Clarkson would then have to consent to a trade (I have no idea why, but that is what I read). So trading him is extremely complicated and is unlikely to happen.

HAVING SAID THAT, the Lakers and Sixers certainly have compatibility with mix and match parts, so it would not shock me completely if a complex trade was worked out in a manner to improve both teams. The fun stuff starts a week from Thursday, brethren.

As for free agent signings, I am pessimistic that we will land any difference makers. Players only want to go to winners these days and could care less about our rich lore. Nobody wants to sign with a rebuilding team. Perhaps some RFAs will, but their teams will likely match regardless of the size of the contract with all the money teams will have. Too many teams have gobs of money to spend. Most players stay with their own teams anyway. Once again, I think we'll be signing off the scrap heap for the most part, barring collusion, which is the only other thing today's players seem to understand. We live in different times.

Ken, check your e-mail when you get a chance. Thanks.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk