Has Kevin Durant become the NBA's biggest choker?

Has Kevin Durant become the NBA's biggest choker?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 31, 2016 1:04 pm

Out of all the SuperStars in recent years that have had the expectation of winning at least 1 Championship being LeBron, Wade, Dirk, Curry, only 1 of those guys haven't - that is Mr Durant. He has been to the Finals where he got blasted by LeBron and Wade 4-1, he just had a 3-1 lead over Curry and Klay but couldn't close the deal, so is he now the SuperStar that deserves the biggest choke label? Even Dirk won 1 without the talent Durant has had!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Has Kevin Durant become the NBA's biggest choker?

Postby Julius Russell » Tue May 31, 2016 5:04 pm

No. Not even close.

Better team won period
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 31, 2016 5:08 pm

Julius Russell wrote:No. Not even close.

Better team won period

Thanks I actually agree, I posed this question here because we have people with sense in here that Post unlike ESPN and other websites. The better team did win.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue May 31, 2016 6:24 pm

I'll say he didn't seem comfortable in that last game. I still don't know what kind of team player he is - if he even IS one.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue May 31, 2016 7:20 pm

Kevin Durant is a great player. Unlike LeBron James, and much like Kobe Bryant, he has played his entire career in a brutal conference with some all-time great teams. Which, BTW, says a lot for Kobe's accomplishments because he played twenty seasons in the brutal West. Michael and LeBron? Not so much.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 31, 2016 7:36 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Kevin Durant is a great player. Unlike LeBron James, and much like Kobe Bryant, he has played his entire career in a brutal conference with some all-time great teams. Which, BTW, says a lot for Kobe's accomplishments because he played twenty seasons in the brutal West. Michael and LeBron? Not so much.

Yeah the West has been a Bitch since 1999 = for a long time with teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Thunder, and Warriors dominating every season. One thing I always try to explain to Tate is LeBron has played in the much weaker Conference for years. Celtics were Great in 2008 and Very Good in 2010 and the Pacers were Very Good in 2013/2014 but LeBron has been beating a bunch of chumps for years for the most part like the Hawks and Raptors LOL. The Thunder would toy with those teams being the Hawks and Raptors. This Thunder team would've beat the Pacers of 2013 IMO, that would've been a cool series to watch but I think this seasons Thunder were a tad better than even Paul George's Pacers at their best.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue May 31, 2016 7:38 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:

Better team won period

Thanks I actually agree, I posed this question here because we have people with sense in here that Post unlike ESPN and other websites. The better team did win.

Yes. And no. I actually think that atletically OKC has the better athletes. But They aren't the better team because they lost of course. But they just aren't as smart as The Warriors. OKC relies way too much on their God given athletic talent but when the going gets too tough they............choke. But is it choking if they aren't the better team? I guess not. But the bottom line is if they didn't get so razzled down the stretch of games maybe they would had won this series. And many others throughout the years. But too many turnovers and horrible shot selection at end of games. Maybe they should focus more on their mental game and a little less "Kid N Play" handshakes during the pre-game.
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 31, 2016 7:43 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

Better team won period

Yes. And no. I actually think that atletically OKC has the better athletes. But They aren't the better team because they lost of course. But they just aren't as smart as The Warriors. OKC relies way too much on their God given athletic talent but when the going gets too tough they............choke. But is it choking if they aren't the better team? I guess not. But the bottom line is if they didn't get so razzled down the stretch of games maybe they would had won this series. And many others throughout the years. But too many turnovers and horrible shot selection at end of games. Maybe they should focus more on their mental game and a little less "Kid N Play" handshakes during the pre-game.

On paper they look scary as hell with Durant and Westbrook + those 3 Big's in Ibaka/Adams/Kanter. You would think how could lose a game with that team but the Warriors just play smarter like you said and Curry and Klay are the 2 guys that can offset Durant and Westbrook's scoring.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:00 am

OKC never lost a series they were favored unless injury occurred.

Have they upset teams? No but they have over performed.

Roberson was a clear weak link in pressure packed games.

Kobe had Fisher, Horry, Ariza.

Guys who stepped up in those moments.
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:24 am

Julius Russell wrote:OKC never lost a series they were favored unless injury occurred.

Have they upset teams? No but they have over performed.

Roberson was a clear weak link in pressure packed games.

Kobe had Fisher, Horry, Ariza.

Guys who stepped up in those moments.

To the Thunder's credit they have won a Conference Championship which was in 2012, they also beat the Spurs this season without HCA which nobody thought they would do. So they have accomplished some Very Good things in the Durant/Westbrook era, just no Championship yet. They remind me of the Jazz of the mid to late 90's. The Jazz had a Very Good stretch from 1994-1998 but always came up short regarding winning a Championship. Stockton and Malone were right there but could never get over that final hurdle. When the Jazz lost in those years they always lost to the better teams too losing to the Rockets in 1994 and 1995 in which the Rockets won it all, losing to the Sonics in 1996 and those Sonics won 64 games that season and barely beat the Jazz in Game 7 of the WCFinals, and of course the Jazz lost twice to Michael in 1997 and 1998.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk