The NBA Finals Thread

Re: The NBA Finals Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:12 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:I can't see the Warriors letting this game get away from them early, so I think it will be a close one. I think Kerr should start Ezeli in an effort to offset Tristan Thompson and hope he plays out of his mind. I didn't like the idea of starting the "Death Squad" at all. The bottom line is if the Warriors don't hit their threes, LeBron gets his third chip and bragging rights to one of the most incredible Finals performances of all-time. If that happens, 3Peat should adjust his list. Maybe it should be adjusted regardless.

It's really amazing what 1 game can do for a legacy but tomorrow's game is huge for LeBron's legacy IMO. Winning a 3rd Championship with 3 Finals MVP's overall and being 3-4 in Finals looks a hell of a lot better than being 2-5 in Finals. Yes it's a team game and unless LeBron lays an egg tomorrow I wont blame him if they lose but it would be tough for me to put him ahead of Bird, Shaq, or Duncan if his teams fall to 2-5 in Finals play. Of course how dominant you are at your position and Stats/MVP's play a huge factor in ranking players but in the end it's about winning as well. That's why I was so relieved that Peyton got that 2nd SB win because that was huge for his legacy considering only 11 other QB's started and won 2 or more SB's. Out of the players I have seen live (since 1977 to now when I first started watching) as of now I will stick with:
1. Jordan
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Kobe
5. Bird
6. Duncan
7. Shaq
8. LeBron
-If LeBron wins tomorrow I will move him up to 5 passing Bird, Duncan, and Shaq as I told Mr Tate I would. The main reason why I have always had Bird rated so high is because of the era he played in. I truly believe had it not been for Magic, Bird would've won at least 5 Championships. Bird went against the real best team in NBA history when he lost which people have to factor in when ranking these players.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:35 pm

Here's my predictions for Game 7:
1. I think Warriors win 98-94. It will be a very close game (the first one of the series) and the Cavs will have their chances down the stretch but the Warriors will hang on. Neither team will crack 100 points which is a bold prediction.
2. Despite losing, LeBron will win Finals MVP as I think he will keep the Cavs in it and score at least 30. I will say he scores 34 Points, grabs 10 Boards, dishes out 5 Assists.
3. Curry will somewhat match LeBron and score 31 Points himself. He will make 5 3's if I had to put a number on it.
4. Harrison Barnes will score at least 10 Points, I say 12 which will help boost the role player play for the Warriors.
5. Draymond will have over 10 Rebounds, I will say 13. I can see him being super aggressive and with Bogut out this is very possible.
6. Klay will have more Points than Kyrie which will be one of the big differences in the game. I can see Klay scoring around 25 Points and Kyrie around 20, 20 is still Good but it wont be good enough.

-I haven't been right much in this series so these are just off the wall predictions. I just want to see how close I come on these. Before the series started I did pick the Warriors to win so if they win, I would've still predicted the right Champion.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:32 pm

All great posts, fellas -- and I agree with everybody's sentiments. I'll be OK with whoever wins, because Game 7s are what it's all about! We were here in 2010 vs. the Chowds and until the 9-minute mark of the 4th quarter we were all about to shit our pants. :scared2:

The Warriors have come back from incredible game and series deficits over the past two seasons and I know they have the potential and talent, but the Cavaliers have the mental and physical edge, so tomorrow will be HUGE for both teams. I, like Nuggs, have turned the corner on my feelings toward LeBron the athlete and would not be the least bit upset to see him complete what has been a crazy path to a title for the City of Cleveland. Despite the continued bull-rush drives to the hoop and the flops, he's played at a superstar level and led his squad to the brink of NBA history. To "win one for The 'Land", and defeat the "best team in NBA history" (from a one-season perspective) would be EPIC, no matter how you feel about him. :pissedkobe:

Living in Oakland, I've had to endure both extreme cockiness and now EXTREME CRYBABY SYNDROME from these new-bootie Warrior fans who know about as much about NBA payoff basketball as my 7 yr. old. They're convinced the whole thing has been rigged (unlike the OKC series, right?) and a few have even told me to my face that after this game they are "done with the NBA". WHAAAT??? The Dubs JUST got good, and now you're ready to give up on the NBA?

Can you believe the ENTITLEMENT of these fans??? We Laker fans are NOTHING like that . . . "lol4:

P.S. Check out the sports science clip with Brandon Ingram, I think he's a future KD. Excited to see if we grab him. :slamdunk:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:40 pm

lakerevolution wrote:All great posts, fellas -- and I agree with everybody's sentiments. I'll be OK with whoever wins, because Game 7s are what it's all about! We were here in 2010 vs. the Chowds and until the 9-minute mark of the 4th quarter we were all about to shit our pants. :scared2:

The Warriors have come back from incredible game and series deficits over the past two seasons and I know they have the potential and talent, but the Cavaliers have the mental and physical edge, so tomorrow will be HUGE for both teams. I, like Nuggs, have turned the corner on my feelings toward LeBron the athlete and would not be the least bit upset to see him complete what has been a crazy path to a title for the City of Cleveland. Despite the continued bull-rush drives to the hoop and the flops, he's played at a superstar level and led his squad to the brink of NBA history. To "win one for The 'Land", and defeat the "best team in NBA history" (from a one-season perspective) would be EPIC, no matter how you feel about him. :pissedkobe:

Living in Oakland, I've had to endure both extreme cockiness and now EXTREME CRYBABY SYNDROME from these new-bootie Warrior fans who know about as much about NBA payoff basketball as my 7 yr. old. They're convinced the whole thing has been rigged (unlike the OKC series, right?) and a few have even told me to my face that after this game they are "done with the NBA". WHAAAT??? The Dubs JUST got good, and now you're ready to give up on the NBA?

Can you believe the ENTITLEMENT of these fans??? We Laker fans are NOTHING like that . . . "lol4:

P.S. Check out the sports science clip with Brandon Ingram, I think he's a future KD. Excited to see if we grab him. :slamdunk:

Yeah I am actually good either way Rev despite the way Tate and I have debated LeBron's greatness over the years. I think win or lose he is definitely the Finals MVP unless he just lays an egg tomorrow. The only thing that really annoyed me about Tate is, he didn't respect/acknowledge Bird's greatness. I at least acknowledge LeBron is Great hence my Elite 8 players that I have seen live. Even if I hate a player I still acknowledge their greatness and rank them highly. I hated Jordan and have his ass #1 over Magic even LOL. Yes, 2010 had me nervous as hell. That game was still in doubt with a couple of minutes left. Thank God for the Lakers franchise and Kobe's legacy we pulled that out!

By the way on a hate factor scale, I hated Bird as a player much more than I do LeBron. I absolutely despised the Celtics during the 80's but Bird was a Great player so it is what is when I do lists. When I was in HighSchool I was about the only Lakers fan in my school, everyone loved the Celtics. I had maybe 2 or 3 other people I occasionally hung out with that liked the Lakers more than the Celtics but it was overwhelmingly Celtics at my HighSchool. I was out numbered but after 1988 I ended up with all bragging rights!
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:42 pm

If Simmons goes #1, we have to take Ingram!
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:31 am

FB_IMG_1466339342751.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lakers4Life

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:05 am

There's no satisfying outcome tonight for me. I think Ty & the LeBrons have figured them out though.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby srafrank » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Green the new Machine!!!!
"lol4:
srafrank

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:43 pm

Out of the players I have seen live: 1977 to now =
1. Jordan
2. Magic
3. Cap
4. Kobe
5. LeBron
6. Bird
7. Duncan
8. Shaq
-Congrats LeBron you deserve it and I am ok with it because I was sick of hearing about the small ball bullshit anyway. I have been waiting for a series like this from LeBron his whole career and he finally showed some major killer instinct.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:55 pm

Not easy to go back to back, is it?
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:18 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:16 pm

tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Out of the players I have seen live: 1977 to now =
1. Jordan
2. Magic
3. Cap
4. Kobe
5. LeBron
6. Bird
7. Duncan
8. Shaq
-Congrats LeBron you deserve it and I am ok with it because I was sick of hearing about the small ball bullshit anyway. I have been waiting for a series like this from LeBron his whole career and he finally showed some major killer instinct.

There's a new BIG GAME JAMES

Birdshit does not belong in front of Duncan and Shaq, either.

Fair enough but I wanted proof on the court and not another choke. I told you I would adjust my list, I did and a man of my word. Congrats you got me and deservedly so. This is what I wanted see out of his teams and him.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:46 pm

@Tate

I beg to differ that Duncan or Shaq were better than Bird all-around. They couldn't shoot like him or pass like him or had his leadership, LeBron has always been an all-around Great player but what bothered me about him is, he has never shown killer instinct until tonight. That was what I was waiting for. In a Draft I would take Shaq over LeBron or Bird though LOL. I would take Bird over Duncan and not even think twice about it having said that. I have always gave LeBron huge credit, always ranking him highly so all it would take is a series like this for me to move him up. Where as you just shit on Bird and think he stinks. You only win the ultimate debate because finally LeBron grew a sack of balls like the Kobe of the worlds. I honestly didn't think he had it in him. Kyrie still had the game winning shot though :roflmao: He needs to buy Kyrie dinner for the next year :waaaaa:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:01 pm

Actually Duncan isn't better than Shaq if you compare primes, Duncan just won more Titles, I almost should just list it as out of the players I have seen since the late 70's:
1. Jordan
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Kobe
5. LeBron
6. Shaq
7. Bird
8. Duncan barely over Hakeem to be honest! This is the way I would Draft these players except I would still take Shaq over LeBron because I believe in Big Ball, fuck small ball! We should've Drafted Okafor!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:14 pm

I could just be the typical shithead and say it was rigged for LeBron to win but I am not like that. I think you guys would rather digest my lists than that bullshit. Great shot by Kyrie and when he made that, it was over. Cant rig a made 3! Could you guys imagine losing a Game 7 at home? I still think back at how close our series was with the Celtics in 2010. Dude I was eating tums, drinking swigs of Crown, and couldn't look at the TV the whole fucking 4th Qtr. So glad we aren't in the Warriors fans shoes. Imagine being a Warriors fan how bad you will feel right now? I would be so pissed off and sick that I wouldn't be able to watch anything NBA for a while.

I kind of think it is funny in a way because certain people preach small ball, shoot the 3, blah blah fucking blah. Winning is about having the best player and LeBron is the best player. He is right behind Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Kobe. He has shown he is now better than Bird and Duncan IMO, possibly as dominant as Shaq. I actually love this. Fuck small ball. Go King! I bet LakerTom went to bed and shut the lights out :roflmao:
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk