The NBA Finals Thread

Re: The NBA Finals Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:32 pm

and no I cant jump!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Guys regarding Tate and I - Great show huh? :waaaaa: Tate I actually could care less what you Post about me but sometimes you do go overboard with my life or city. I will never insult you personally like that because I respect your opinions and your well being, you may not respect me but that's ok. I don't care really. It is what it is. Go Warriors!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:02 pm

Tate you've retired more times than Michael Jeffrey Jordan :pissedkobe:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:22 pm

Not only is Varajeo a great Flopper, he learned from LeBron how to be a cry baby, too.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:09 pm

tate793 wrote:For my final post, I would like to say that I have given mad props to Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, Pete Maravich, Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Mullen, Gordon Hayward, Peja Stojakovic, Arvydis Sabonis, Rick Barry, Jack Sikma, Bill Bradley, Dave DeBusschere, Keith Erickson, Josh McRoberts, George Mikan, John Havlicek, Bill Sharman, Bob Cousy, Dolph Schayes, Mel Counts - so your claim that I never give any white player any credit is bullshit. Color has nothing to do with anything I've said. I'm done here.

But yet Larry is better than all of them. Congrats on the Cavs win tonight. LeBron was awesome!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:28 am

lakerevolution wrote:Tate you've retired more times than Michael Jeffrey Jordan :pissedkobe:

Tate isn't going anywhere, what would it be without the Tate/3Peat show - just joking. I actually like the guy, cant figure him out at times but he keeps things interesting and funny in here. Hell of a performance from LeBron and Kyrie. We may have a 7 game series folks! I am ok with that. Losing Draymond hurt the Warriors worse than I thought It would.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:58 am

tate793 wrote:For my final post, I would like to say that I have given mad props to Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, Pete Maravich, Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Mullen, Gordon Hayward, Peja Stojakovic, Arvydis Sabonis, Rick Barry, Jack Sikma, Bill Bradley, Dave DeBusschere, Keith Erickson, Josh McRoberts, George Mikan, John Havlicek, Bill Sharman, Bob Cousy, Dolph Schayes, Mel Counts - so your claim that I never give any white player any credit is bullshit. Color has nothing to do with anything I've said. I'm done here.

It's really not even about this, if you don't know me by now I guess you never will. I could care less about color either. I guess we need to retire your jersey in the rafters like Pau's will be in a few years :silly3:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:42 pm

NBA got what they wanted, a Game 7. It will be the most watched sporting event of the year with the story lines. Like the SB = 1 game for all the marbles. Can LeBron win one for the Cavs/win a Title for Cleveland? Will the Warriors complete their incredible run with having the best Regular Season record ever capped off with a Title?
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:52 pm

Both teams have scored 610 points a piece in the series, cant get anymore even! I am so glad this isn't the Lakers in a Game 7 of the Finals as I always hoping we would end things in 6. Before Game 7 in 2010 I couldn't eat for 2 days or sleep very well. All I could think about was, what if we lose Game 7 at home? Because that almost never happens + we were playing the Celtics. My stomach was tore up leading up to Game 7 and during the game!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:55 pm

I think even if the Warriors win on Sunday, LeBron deserves MVP of the Finals unless Curry or Klay hits a last second shot to win it all. There really hasn't been 1 player that has dominated for the Warriors this whole series. LeBron has absolutely been tremendous in the Finals. I do think the Warriors will win Game 7 but LeBron has been the best player IMO. Luckily for Curry his mouthpiece didn't hit the Ref because that would've been a suspend offense. It did hit a fan but it was accidental and he went over and shook the guys hand and apologized. He will still get fined but not suspended. If the Cavs lose and LeBron has a big game and therefore wins MVP he would only become the 2nd player in NBA history to win Finals MVP on a losing team. Jerry West was the other in 1969. I could see this playing out for some reason.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:43 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I think even if the Warriors win on Sunday, LeBron deserves MVP of the Finals unless Curry or Klay hits a last second shot to win it all. There really hasn't been 1 player that has dominated for the Warriors this whole series. LeBron has absolutely been tremendous in the Finals. I do think the Warriors will win Game 7 but LeBron has been the best player IMO. Luckily for Curry his mouthpiece didn't hit the Ref because that would've been a suspend offense. It did hit a fan but it was accidental and he went over and shook the guys hand and apologized. He will still get fined but not suspended. If the Cavs lose and LeBron has a big game and therefore wins MVP he would only become the 2nd player in NBA history to win Finals MVP on a losing team. Jerry West was the other in 1969. I could see this playing out for some reason.

No Bogut and a hobbled reigning Finals MVP. The tables are turned for Game 7.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby NuggetsCountry » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:17 pm

I find myself in the uncomfortable position of rooting for the Lebrons. I wanted a 7 game Finals regardless. I now have watched an All-Time performance by Lebron that is hard to ignore. His will to finish is Kobe-like. I am temporarily awed.

Add the that the fact that I hate this new age basketball shit. Ie. jacking up 3 point set shots from anywhere on the court. It is definitely not basketball 101. :geezer: It has turned into a carnival sideshow to me. I coached kids and high school teams where they jacked up 3s all the time and then sat the pine. Of course their analytics for shooting were not 90% for layups and 50%+ for 3s and mid-court shots! I love Klay, but dislike Curry and hate Draymond.

So, I'm rooting for The Lebrons. :pullhair: :palmface: :barf:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:10 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:I find myself in the uncomfortable position of rooting for the Lebrons. I wanted a 7 game Finals regardless. I now have watched an All-Time performance by Lebron that is hard to ignore. His will to finish is Kobe-like. I am temporarily awed.

Add the that the fact that I hate this new age basketball shit. Ie. jacking up 3 point set shots from anywhere on the court. It is definitely not basketball 101. :geezer: It has turned into a carnival sideshow to me. I coached kids and high school teams where they jacked up 3s all the time and then sat the pine. Of course their analytics for shooting were not 90% for layups and 50%+ for 3s and mid-court shots! I love Klay, but dislike Curry and hate Draymond.

I am actually good either way. Not a fan of either team, I just never have been a LeBron fan/suckup like a lot of people have been from ESPN. If LeBron wins it all after being down 3-1 that will show me a lot and it enhances his legacy. He is having the type of Finals series like Bird had in 1986, Magic had in 1987, Jordan had numerous times during the 90's, Shaq had from 2000-2002, Wade had in 2006, and Kobe had in 2009. All killers doing their thing! Whether or not he finishes the deal is still in question though. Iggy is having back issues and Bogut is out but winning a Game 7 on the road in the Finals rarely happens and hasn't happened since 1978. Since 1984 teams are 6-0 in Game 7 at home in the Finals. Curry, Klay, and Green are all fairly healthy as well - all 3 are capable of huge games. Barnes has been garbage the last 2 games so he is due to hit some 3's too. Barnes may actually be the ace in the hole with Iggy ailing. For the Cavs I think it boils down too can you trust guys like TThompson, JR Smith and KLove in a Game 7 on the road - I don't. LeBron is going to need more than just Kyrie to help him win in that mad house in a Game 7 situation.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:24 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
NuggetsCountry wrote:I find myself in the uncomfortable position of rooting for the Lebrons. I wanted a 7 game Finals regardless. I now have watched an All-Time performance by Lebron that is hard to ignore. His will to finish is Kobe-like. I am temporarily awed.

I am actually good either way. Not a fan of either team, I just never have been a LeBron fan/suckup like a lot of people have been from ESPN. If LeBron wins it all after being down 3-1 that will show me a lot and it enhances his legacy. He is having the type of Finals series like Bird had in 1986, Magic had in 1987, Jordan had numerous times during the 90's, Shaq had from 2000-2002, Wade had in 2006, and Kobe had in 2009. All killers doing their thing! Whether or not he finishes the deal is still in question though. Iggy is having back issues and Bogut is out but winning a Game 7 on the road in the Finals rarely happens and hasn't happened since 1978. Since 1984 teams are 6-0 in Game 7 at home in the Finals. Curry, Klay, and Green are all fairly healthy as well - all 3 are capable of huge games. Barnes has been garbage the last 2 games so he is due to hit some 3's too. Barnes may actually be the ace in the hole with Iggy ailing. For the Cavs I think it boils down too can you trust guys like TThompson, JR Smith and KLove in a Game 7 on the road - I don't. LeBron is going to need more than just Kyrie to help him win in that mad house in a Game 7 situation.

I'll add to this as much as some people would love to believe it will bother me if LeBron does somehow pull this off, it wont bother me at all. I'll just say it's about time you became a killer and that it took you 13 seasons to do so. I actually expected LeBron to do this most of his career by staying in Cleveland anyway. Eventhough he played Great in his 2 Finals wins he did have a ton of help in Wade and Bosh, + Allen for the 2nd win, this one here he has really only had Kyrie for the most part. Winning a Championship without Wade and winning one for the city of Cleveland definitely enhances his legacy. The city of Cleveland has suffered a lot so if the Cavs win I am good. A win would put LeBron at 3 Championships which would be as many as Wade and Bird have, he still would be a ways off from catching Jordan, Cap, Kobe, Magic, and Duncan and still be 1 behind Shaq. Having said all of that I am still picking the Warriors to win Game 7 because until a team can show me they can win a Game 7 on the road in the Finals in this era, I just cant pick the road team. If any of Curry, Klay, or Green were out than that would be different but they aren't out. The Warriors as a team feel like they have been cheated by the REFS and the League so they will be out for blood come Sunday. I cant see Barnes stinking it up either for 3 straight games. If Iggy is still hampered I look for Green to cover LeBron and I fully expect the REFS will let Green play rough being at home.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:27 am

I can't see the Warriors letting this game get away from them early, so I think it will be a close one. I think Kerr should start Ezeli in an effort to offset Tristan Thompson and hope he plays out of his mind. I didn't like the idea of starting the "Death Squad" at all. The bottom line is if the Warriors don't hit their threes, LeBron gets his third chip and bragging rights to one of the most incredible Finals performances of all-time. If that happens, 3Peat should adjust his list. Maybe it should be adjusted regardless.
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk