The NBA Finals Thread

Re: The NBA Finals Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:49 pm

The league considering maybe suspending Draymond Green for he and LeBron's incident. Ok I have watched the video like 10 times and LeBron basically walks over him after Green hits the floor. LeBron started that garbage. If Green gets suspended then so should LeBron. What's Green supposed to do, let someone walk on him? If he gets suspended for this it's further proof the league is trying to help LeBron out. There isn't anyone in here that wouldn't retaliate if someone walked over you while you were laying on the ground!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:39 am

I watched that incident multiple times and I don't think the league should do a damn thing. That was nothing but two heated competitors getting pissed off over the other's actions. Maybe they should both get techs, but that's it. Draymond Green would still be 1 tech short of a suspension. Even if he's suspended, the Warriors will crush them tomorrow night anyway.

In the meantime, everyone should pray and/or send out your vibes to the families and friends of the victims of that horrible shooting in Orlando.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:03 am

tate793 wrote:Not a fan of either team. Just don't like seeing biased bullshit as being exhibited by bigoted figureheads. There's too many of em in the world, today.

I agree that Draymond Green is a filthy player. I guess I didn't see the slow-mo replays showing that he deliberately elbowed LeBron in the nuts. If that's the case, he should be suspended for the entire series. I think back to MWP's 7 game suspension and shake my head.

Edited comments: I watched it again. It's almost as if Draymond Green has some sort of attraction to making contact with another man's testicles regardless of which of his body parts does the offending. Yes, he should have been suspended for the series if the league is going to use the MWP-Harden standard in assessing suspensions.

Warriors in 5 regardless.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:03 pm

tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:The league considering maybe suspending Draymond Green for he and LeBron's incident. Ok I have watched the video like 10 times and LeBron basically walks over him after Green hits the floor. LeBron started that garbage. If Green gets suspended then so should LeBron. What's Green supposed to do, let someone walk on him? If he gets suspended for this it's further proof the league is trying to help LeBron out. There isn't anyone in here that wouldn't retaliate if someone walked over you while you were laying on the ground!

Your Lebron hate is incredible. As long as Lebron didn't touch him, Green has no excuse for punching Lebron in the balls. There's no rule against stepping over a fallen player. But there is a rule against punching another player. And, it's simple. If they don't suspend Green, the CAVS will retaliate by having Dellavedova take out Curry's ankles.

I thought what Green did to Adams was far worse, that was a straight kick to the nuts. He deserved to be suspended there but by LeBron walking over Green I felt like LeBron instigated it. Hate has nothing to do with it. The league did suspend him for Game 5 but I think being at home the Warriors will win anyway. They just have a deep team that can pick up the slack when someone's out.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:50 pm

tate793 wrote:So he walked over him - what's the big deal? He didn't touch him. And, that's just people's perception, that it's an insult to be walked over. The insult is that his ass was on the ground.

My point is if I am on a Basketball court and laying on the ground and someone walks over me then hell yes that is an insult and I am retaliating. I probably wouldn't go after someone's balls but I would get in the guys face maybe even push him to let him know he cant disrespect me. I don't condone hitting someone in the balls but your hero started this one. If you were playing ball and someone walked over you are you going to tell me out of instinct you wouldn't retaliate and just let happen? You are a much nicer guy than me. I bet Nuggs wouldn't take the crap in his playing days.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:32 pm

LeBron could have sidestepped Green, but the basketball action was directly across the path that Green was lying in on the floor, so LeBron was "justified" in attempting to cross over him. Yes, it looked insulting - like Iverson/Lue and Pippen/Ewing - but when Green got up he resumed play and went after the ball, tangling up with LeBron again in a legitimate continuation of action. I think it should have been left alone, but I also think Draymond is a cocky hothead who showed his youthful immaturity in last year's Finals run and, though he has matured and elevated his game this year, he will continue to be that "energy" guy who gets into tussles with the other team's star player. You take the good with the bad. Ezeli, Barnes and Iguodala step up their efforts in his absence, the Splash Bros. get their buckets, and this Finals is over. Unless the Cavs have one more good game in them.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:40 am

tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
tate793 wrote:So he walked over him - what's the big deal? He didn't touch him. And, that's just people's perception, that it's an insult to be walked over. The insult is that his ass was on the ground.

My point is if I am on a Basketball court and laying on the ground and someone walks over me then hell yes that is an insult and I am retaliating. I probably wouldn't go after someone's balls but I would get in the guys face maybe even push him to let him know he cant disrespect me. I don't condone hitting someone in the balls but your hero started this one. If you were playing ball and someone walked over you are you going to tell me out of instinct you wouldn't retaliate and just let happen? You are a much nicer guy than me. I bet Nuggs wouldn't take the crap in his playing days.

First of all, youngster, the whole thing didn't become an issue until Wade tried imitating Iverson (who stepped over Lue) in the Finals. Second of all, he ended up on the ground while trying to hack LBJ. Thirdly, he's not my hero. Elgin and Kobe are my BBall heros. 4th. If you were on the bball court, laying on the ground, your sorry ass should be walked over. If you were there for a reason, such as fouled while making a layup, or, the recipient of a flagrant, then, you wouldn't get walked over. But, if you're laying there because your shot was blocked, or, you were posterized like Blake did to Pau, then, you deserve to be walked over. Also, you can't play worth a shit, so yo podunk ass wouldn't be on the court with nobody that would even know about stepping over you. It's not like you're gonna be at Rucker Park, or playing in a Drew League game. You sure as hell ain't gonna be in South Central or Compton. Maybe somebody will set up a portable hoop in a KMart parking lot somewhere in podunk city, or Big Lots. :roflmao:

Players do all kinds of things when they're embarrassed. Green was embarrassed.

I will take the High Road here like your hero LeBron James said when asked about Klay's comments and not even respond to this and just :rofl4: I do have to say this however, by the way you always call Bird my hero and I hated him and the Celtics during the 80's but when I call LeBron your hero you cant take your own medicine and have to result to personal attacks. It's ok for you to Post certain shit but not me - "lol4: Bird isn't my fucking hero either, Magic is. Just because I think he's better than LeBron doesn't make him my hero.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:04 pm

KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:17 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

"lol4: :rofl4: :lolflash: :lol: :D :lthup: :rthup:

OUCH!!!!!

:yeahthat:
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:21 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I think he would've been pretty much the same as now = A Great player - once again I will be unbiased and say he would be Great in any era because of his athleticism and talent but he would have major trouble beating teams led by Magic, Bird, and Michael as he has now vs teams even like the Spurs and Warriors.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:33 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I think LeBron belongs in the Top 10 eventhough I think he's overrated. What I mean by overrated, do you guys know when ESPN did their Top 100 of all-time a few months ago, LeBron was 3rd. He was only behind Jordan and Kareem! I still think he's Great but not Top 3 or Top 5.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:43 pm

tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

First of all, youngster, the whole thing didn't become an issue until Wade tried imitating Iverson (who stepped over Lue) in the Finals. Second of all, he ended up on the ground while trying to hack LBJ. Thirdly, he's not my hero. Elgin and Kobe are my BBall heros. 4th. If you were on the bball court, laying on the ground, your sorry ass should be walked over. If you were there for a reason, such as fouled while making a layup, or, the recipient of a flagrant, then, you wouldn't get walked over. But, if you're laying there because your shot was blocked, or, you were posterized like Blake did to Pau, then, you deserve to be walked over. Also, you can't play worth a shit, so yo podunk ass wouldn't be on the court with nobody that would even know about stepping over you. It's not like you're gonna be at Rucker Park, or playing in a Drew League game. You sure as hell ain't gonna be in South Central or Compton. Maybe somebody will set up a portable hoop in a KMart parking lot somewhere in podunk city, or Big Lots. :roflmao:

Players do all kinds of things when they're embarrassed. Green was embarrassed.

You have no clue how good I was when I was younger. You think just because I am a short white guy that I cant play. I have played against plenty of great athlete's in my day and have held my own when I was in my teens and throughout my 20's, could out shoot a lot of guys I played against in High School and on the Play Ground after High School into my 20's and was much quicker than many players (black or white). Lets keep the debates to debating players in the Pro's and not putting people down. I never insult you or where you live but you do it to me everyday.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Kevin Love even says step over disrespectful! He cant even back up LeBron, his own teammate :roflmao: :waaaaa: "lol4: :Nutskick: = thanks Kevin!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:37 pm

Stephen A. Smith explains the incident with LeBron/Green perfectly. As in utterly ridiculous that Green is getting suspended.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:21 pm

tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
You have no clue how good I was when I was younger. You think just because I am a short white guy that I cant play. I have played against plenty of great athlete's in my day and have held my own when I was in my teens and throughout my 20's, could out shoot a lot of guys I played against in High School and on the Play Ground after High School into my 20's and was much quicker than many players (black or white). Lets keep the debates to debating players in the Pro's and not putting people down. I never insult you or where you live but you do it to me everyday.

1. Oh, so now you're bringing race into it? What I had "no clue of" is that you were a short white guy.
2. You're the one that made it personal with the:
"My point is if I am on a Basketball court and laying on the ground and someone walks over me then hell yes that is an insult and I am retaliating. I probably wouldn't go after someone's balls but I would get in the guys face maybe even push him to let him know he cant disrespect me."
statement.
3. If you can't dunk, you're podunk. :roflmao:
4. Here's a knee slapper, for ya!
"I have played against plenty of great athlete's in my day and have held my own"
:roflmao:
5. You don't know where I live "lol4:
6. I've told you a million times, we should leave the Birdshit/Lebron debate along, but you keep bringing it up. Kevin Love is just pissed off because Lebron said Wiggins is a great player.
7. Anyhow, don't worry, I won't insult you, your hero, your town, your basketball playing abilities, or anything else, ever again. Like Silento said: "Watch me!" Tate out.

I knew you would twist it and say I was bringing race into it when I made that comment that's why I did it. I just brought up being white because you have yet to ever give 1 white player credit in here ever and I knew you would twist it. I could give a rodents rectum of what color anyone is, I just call things how I see it. How did I make it personal with #2? I didn't with you All I said was if someone walks on me I am retaliating against someone, I have never once said anything bad toward you so I don't get where you going with that. The more you Post the worse you look :roflmao:
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk