The NBA Finals Thread

Re: The NBA Finals Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Great game tonight. Inconsistent officiating, but it's a good, physical game.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:54 pm

I love you Tate so I wont talk shit about tonight's game. Curry 38 Points. LeBron just looked lethargic.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:27 pm

LeBron dominated :kingclaphands: I am going to bed before I have too much fun. Tate isn't he a Top 5 player of all-time? He smokes Bird!! Your guy is about to be 2-5 in Finals, he is Great but flops in the clutch.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:57 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:2-5* in Finals

Pardon the asterisk. The 7 trips to the Finals are tainted because of the JOKE of a conference he has played in. The first title was in the lockout shortened season. The second title is still under protest because Ray Allen shuffled his feet on that corner 3 in Game 6. That's right. RAY ALLEN. Not LeBron James, but a 37 year old teammate had to bail out his team, with a little help from the refs. How many Finals would he have gone to if those 7 teams played in the Western Conference those seasons? I'm thinking 1. MAYBE.

So again, 3Peat, pardon the asterisk.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:45 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Pardon the asterisk. The 7 trips to the Finals are tainted because of the JOKE of a conference he has played in. The first title was in the lockout shortened season. The second title is still under protest because Ray Allen shuffled his feet on that corner 3 in Game 6. That's right. RAY ALLEN. Not LeBron James, but a 37 year old teammate had to bail out his team, with a little help from the refs. How many Finals would he have gone to if those 7 teams played in the Western Conference those seasons? I'm thinking 1. MAYBE.

Great Post. LeBron is a Great player and an awesome athlete but he isn't the player Larry Bird was and how people cant see that is mindboggling to me. Bird was so much more fundamentally sound, better shooter, more Clutch, and a better leader than LeBron can even think about being.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:21 am

"Draymond called me the B word"

Waaaaaaahhh :scream:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:10 am

LeBron's Cleveland teammates have largely been glorified role players at best - Kyrie and Kevin are probably the most capable (on paper) that he's had in both stints as a Cavalier. Hell, his most inspiring and loyal 'mate now scraps and claws for the other side - did you see the second-half hustle Sideshow Bob Varejao was displaying for the distraught Cleveland fans?

"Converse"ly (pun intended), most of Bird's teammates were playoff-caliber, all-star potential, or just downright clutch in an era that demanded tougher play. Bird was the star and the go-to Kobe of his Celtics team, but he never had to be the end-all-be-all force that LeBron has been expected to be his entire career. LeBron is a bigger, stronger, faster athlete than Larry could ever hope to be, but still Bird got more done when it mattered most and was at the right places at the right times for his skill set to flourish - and that's why they call him "Legend" while LeBron is becoming sort of a Peyton before this last Super Bowl - one of the greatest but couldn't seal the deal enough at the championship level. Keep trying, LeBron. We're all pulling for you . . NOT!!!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:12 am

tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Great Post. LeBron is a Great player and an awesome athlete but he isn't the player Larry Bird was and how people cant see that is mindboggling to me. Bird was so much more fundamentally sound, better shooter, more Clutch, and a better leader than LeBron can even think about being.

You wouldn't know fundamental if it jumped up and bit you on the ass. If Bird was a better shooter he'd have more points than Lebron. It's mind-boggling to me that you think Bird could even carry Lebron's jock. Also, Bird shot .496 and Lebron shoots .498. So, you claims that Bird was a better shooter is bullshit. Lebron puts up twice as many 3's than Bird did. Plus, Lebron dished out more assists than Birdpoop - getting his teammates involved, as well as carrying the team. Funny, all your heroes are podunk.

Bird isn't my hero I hated the Celtics during the 80's but I respect greatness so yes I do stick up for him when someone says he isn't great. Just because someone has a higher FG% doesn't make them a better shooter and both Bird/LeBron are nearly dead even. Look at 3 Point% and FT% = Bird was the better pure shooter. I took it easy on you last night because I wanted to rub it in but I will take the high road as I knew the Warriors would win this all along.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:15 am

lakerevolution wrote:LeBron's Cleveland teammates have largely been glorified role players at best - Kyrie and Kevin are probably the most capable (on paper) that he's had in both stints as a Cavalier. Hell, his most inspiring and loyal 'mate now scraps and claws for the other side - did you see the second-half hustle Sideshow Bob Varejao was displaying for the distraught Cleveland fans?

"Converse"ly (pun intended), most of Bird's teammates were playoff-caliber, all-star potential, or just downright clutch in an era that demanded tougher play. Bird was the star and the go-to Kobe of his Celtics team, but he never had to be the end-all-be-all force that LeBron has been expected to be his entire career. LeBron is a bigger, stronger, faster athlete than Larry could ever hope to be, but still Bird got more done when it mattered most and was at the right places at the right times for his skill set to flourish - and that's why they call him "Legend" while LeBron is becoming sort of a Peyton before this last Super Bowl - one of the greatest but couldn't seal the deal enough at the championship level. Keep trying, LeBron. We're all pulling for you . . NOT!!!

I totally agree LeBron is the far better athlete but Bird played smarter and was such a Great leader. He was Clutch as well.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:05 am

Bird was a killer. LeBron's not. Bird was a better outside shooter and I could give a rat's ass what their percentages were. Bird was tougher. Bird was a better rebounder. They're equivalent playmakers. Don't need anything but the eye test for that. Bird's was a better "basketball player." LeBron's the far superior athlete.

Just because I hated Larry Bird, doesn't mean I can't be objective. I "hate" LeBron, too. However, the idea that he competed at Magic Johnson's level for all those years is all you need to know because not one of us would take LeBron over Magic. Well, maybe one of us.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:09 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:Bird was a killer. LeBron's not. Bird was a better outside shooter and I could give a rat's ass what their percentages were. Bird was tougher. Bird was a better rebounder. They're equivalent playmakers. Don't need anything but the eye test for that. Bird's was a better "basketball player." LeBron's the far superior athlete.

Just because I hated Larry Bird, doesn't mean I can't be objective. I "hate" LeBron, too. However, the idea that he competed at Magic Johnson's level for all those years is all you need to know because not one of us would take LeBron over Magic. Well, maybe one of us.

Post of the week! I couldn't of said it better myself. I actually hated Larry Bird and hated the Celtics with a passion during the 80's. I hate LeBron too but not like I hated the Celtics. I just try and be objective when I do lists.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:14 am

Tate has seen more players live because he is older so he has that on me. That is one reason why I created the Thread 1977 - now regarding my list. Besides all of my criteria, my eye test tells me Bird is the 5th best player I have ever seen only behind Jordan, Magic, Cap, and our beloved Kobe. Shaq was more dominating but didn't have the all-around game Bird had. I only took Shaq in our Draft because I am old school and still believe drafting a dominant Center that gives you 30 a game is the way to go. I still believe making 3's is very important as well but if you offer me Curry or Shaq, I am taking Shaq. The 2001 Lakers IMO would beat the Warriors, it would take 7 games but I think they would pull it out and they played inside/out.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:02 am

tate793 wrote:Being a better athlete won't get you into 6 straight Finals. There's more to Lebron than just athleticism. He carried his teams the majority of the time, and he is a scorer. You two need Bird to be more than he was to satisfy your personal egos. You will never hear anybody talking about Bird in the same echelon as Michael, Kobe, Magic, Kareem, Wilt or Lebron. And, I don't give an antelope's anus about your so-called eye test. You see things the way that suits your needs the most. You need to have Bird up near the top to dispel the element of athletic, therefore superior player. That's why, and that's pathetic. If all this bullshit talk you two are doing was so relevant Bird would have been the first player you selected. But neither of you did. And, no, 3Peat, you're not "old school". You're podunk school. Clinging to your Peyton, Bird and DumbLuck players just because they all have to buy up all the sunscreen they can find at Walgreen's.

Yeah, Larry Bird is Larry Legend. An urban (or suburban :roflmao: ) legend. At least when you and your son sit down to do your "all white" team, you have someone to help Jerry West - who, in my opinion, was better than Bird, as well. You talk about Bird being "clutch", I guess you figure he was more clutch than "Mr Clutch"? He's gotta be, right? He's got more rings than Jerry, right? Oh, and you mock Lebron's Finals record of 2-4. Well, guess what. Wests' Finals record was - 1-8.

Whatever..

I took Shaq because Nuggs took Wilt and Rev took Kareem. At that point I needed a huge Center to match their Rosters, that is all it was. Had Shaq been gone at the point I drafted I would've took Bird. I would've definitely took him over LeBron the player you took at #5. The first 7 picks in our Draft were = Robert - Kobe, Craig - Magic, Nuggs - Wilt, Kenny - Jordan, Tate - LeBron, Rev - Kareem. I had no freakin choice other than to take Shaq with my pick. Jesus took Bird at #9 so he knows Bird is a Top 10 pick. Had Shaq been drafted I would've took Bird.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:20 am

tate793 wrote:Being a better athlete won't get you into 6 straight Finals. There's more to Lebron than just athleticism. He carried his teams the majority of the time, and he is a scorer. You two need Bird to be more than he was to satisfy your personal egos. You will never hear anybody talking about Bird in the same echelon as Michael, Kobe, Magic, Kareem, Wilt or Lebron. And, I don't give an antelope's anus about your so-called eye test. You see things the way that suits your needs the most. You need to have Bird up near the top to dispel the element of athletic, therefore superior player. That's why, and that's pathetic. If all this bullshit talk you two are doing was so relevant Bird would have been the first player you selected. But neither of you did. And, no, 3Peat, you're not "old school". You're podunk school. Clinging to your Peyton, Bird and DumbLuck players just because they all have to buy up all the sunscreen they can find at Walgreen's.

Yeah, Larry Bird is Larry Legend. An urban (or suburban :roflmao: ) legend. At least when you and your son sit down to do your "all white" team, you have someone to help Jerry West - who, in my opinion, was better than Bird, as well. You talk about Bird being "clutch", I guess you figure he was more clutch than "Mr Clutch"? He's gotta be, right? He's got more rings than Jerry, right? Oh, and you mock Lebron's Finals record of 2-4. Well, guess what. Wests' Finals record was - 1-8.

Whatever..

I also get West was 1-8 in Finals but at least he didn't leave to join Boston LOL. Had that been LeBron losing every season he would've took his talents to Massachusetts :roflmao: West didn't pack his bags and leave after losing every year, the ball less LeBron did. Hell how could LeBron not win at least 1 Ring joining freakin Wade and Bosh! That was a given and he still lost to the Mavs and Spurs in his 4 trips. I guess maybe Durant should join the Cavs so he can win another one?? I have much more respect for West than I do LeBron. I have much more respect for KMalone as well who spent his entire career in 1 spot trying to get it done until he was 40 and joined us. Malone could've went to the Bulls when his contract was up but he didn't.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:35 am

I am not even a David Blatt fan but he is somewhere giggling like a school girl :roflmao: So is Andrew Wiggins, which the Cavs made a monumental mistake when they traded him for Love which I couldn't believe they did, hell Jimmy and Mitch wouldn't even do that :waaaaa:.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk