MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:51 pm

I will mainly Post about the Lakers until Baseball starts again but as a longtime Cubs fan I just cant get enough of what just happened. So at times when its dead in here I will Post about the Cubs Championship and other Baseball news. Cubs just had 1 of those special seasons where they Posted one of the best records ever for a Champion, an MVP of the league, and epic comeback in the WS being down 3-1 having to win Games 6 and 7 on the road. It's just fucking priceless in my book but I love the Cubs so it would be to me. When the Colts won the SB in 2006 I felt the same way because those teams rarely win it all. I am thinking the Lakers in a couple of years will be in contention for #17. I love the way Luke is Coaching. We are on the right track folks!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:13 pm

Still keeping up with Baseball a bit which I will do in the offseason. Nice to see the new CBA agreement got signed by MLB to 5 years. No strike will happen. This was huge news and I was surprised nobody Posted this. Go Cubs!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:54 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Still keeping up with Baseball a bit which I will do in the offseason. Nice to see the new CBA agreement got signed by MLB to 5 years. No strike will happen. This was huge news and I was surprised nobody Posted this. Go Cubs!

Only teams like the Bums and Yanks stand to fear . . kinda like our Lakers. I'm COVETING McCutchen from the Bucs but we may have to part with Puig and a pitcher plus $$$ to get him if that's where he wants to be.

Yes, I stay up on MLB all year round, especially now that my team came two wins from the WS. The Cubs are the team to beat and I relish the challenge. New CBA new day new age.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:12 am

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Still keeping up with Baseball a bit which I will do in the offseason. Nice to see the new CBA agreement got signed by MLB to 5 years. No strike will happen. This was huge news and I was surprised nobody Posted this. Go Cubs!

Only teams like the Bums and Yanks stand to fear . . kinda like our Lakers. I'm COVETING McCutchen from the Bucs but we may have to part with Puig and a pitcher plus $$$ to get him if that's where he wants to be.

Yes, I stay up on MLB all year round, especially now that my team came two wins from the WS. The Cubs are the team to beat and I relish the challenge. New CBA new day new age.

Cubs are the Champs but if we lose Fowler and Chapman which is likely that isn't good. If I was the Dodgers I would offer Chap a ton of money, he is a difference maker much like Rivera was out of the bullpen. So glad we beat Cleveland, that was a scary Game 7 that nearly gave me a heart attack! We really was fortunate to get by you guys after being down 2-1, your bullpen basically let you down in a couple of those games. Every time Blanton came in the game I loved it :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:05 am

Yeah I'm reading news and rumors about everybody on our team except Puig . . he's an anomaly that I'm not sure anybody else wants on their team. We definitely need to strengthen our pitching and a couple more hitters who can handle lefties. The Cubs will be the odds-on favorites for the next couple of years, crazy huh?
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:09 am

lakerevolution wrote:Only teams like the Bums and Yanks stand to fear . . kinda like our Lakers. I'm COVETING McCutchen from the Bucs but we may have to part with Puig and a pitcher plus $$$ to get him if that's where he wants to be.

Rumor has it that the Nats have the inside track on a deal for McCutchen. Regarding 3Peat's comments on Chapman, he indicted that he wanted to return to the Yankees after the trade was made, but I have a feeling that the Cubbies will retain his services. There's nothing quite like the sweet taste of a chip!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:05 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Only teams like the Bums and Yanks stand to fear . . kinda like our Lakers. I'm COVETING McCutchen from the Bucs but we may have to part with Puig and a pitcher plus $$$ to get him if that's where he wants to be.

Rumor has it that the Nats have the inside track on a deal for McCutchen. Regarding 3Peat's comments on Chapman, he indicted that he wanted to return to the Yankees after the trade was made, but I have a feeling that the Cubbies will retain his services. There's nothing quite like the sweet taste of a chip!

Yeah I read where Chap liked playing for the Yankees so he may end up back in NY? Yeah winning it all is sweet I have to admit, especially the way the Cubs won being down 3-1 and having to win Games 6 and 7 on the road. That is bigtime clutchness!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:53 pm

Chapman just signed with the Yankees for 5 years/86 Mill. I knew he was a goner! Cubs weren't dishing out that cash. Thanks for the 1 year rental Kenny and Nuggs, we needed him to finally get over the hump and win the big one! You just never know who you are going to lose in the offseason that is why it is so important to win the WS if you get there because you may never get back. Not saying the Cubs wont get back there but Chapman is a dominant reliever. Cubs did trade for Wade Davis who is Very Good but he isn't Chapman IMO. The Cubs winning the WS allows them to play with house money now anyway because the pressure off trying to win it all. They may play just as great playing loose? The Cubs had more pressure on them to win the WS last season than any other team in MLB history because they hadn't won in 108 years and because they had the best record.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:01 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Chapman just signed with the Yankees for 5 years/86 Mill. I knew he was a goner! Cubs weren't dishing out that cash. Thanks for the 1 year rental Kenny and Nuggs, we needed him to finally get over the hump and win the big one! You just never know who you are going to lose in the offseason that is why it is so important to win the WS if you get there because you may never get back. Not saying the Cubs wont get back there but Chapman is a dominant reliever. Cubs did trade for Wade Davis who is Very Good but he isn't Chapman IMO. The Cubs winning the WS allows them to play with house money now anyway because the pressure off trying to win it all. They may play just as great playing loose? The Cubs had more pressure on them to win the WS last season than any other team in MLB history because they hadn't won in 108 years and because they had the best record.

The Cubs got WadeDavis though. These closers are a dime a dozen. Davis is a proven champion. Chapman almost blew it for the Cubs, but they wound up winning it all and the Yanks got a bunch of their prospects and got Chapman back anyway. Win-win.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:41 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Chapman just signed with the Yankees for 5 years/86 Mill. I knew he was a goner! Cubs weren't dishing out that cash. Thanks for the 1 year rental Kenny and Nuggs, we needed him to finally get over the hump and win the big one! You just never know who you are going to lose in the offseason that is why it is so important to win the WS if you get there because you may never get back. Not saying the Cubs wont get back there but Chapman is a dominant reliever. Cubs did trade for Wade Davis who is Very Good but he isn't Chapman IMO. The Cubs winning the WS allows them to play with house money now anyway because the pressure off trying to win it all. They may play just as great playing loose? The Cubs had more pressure on them to win the WS last season than any other team in MLB history because they hadn't won in 108 years and because they had the best record.

The Cubs got WadeDavis though. These closers are a dime a dozen. Davis is a proven champion. Chapman almost blew it for the Cubs, but they wound up winning it all and the Yanks got a bunch of their prospects and got Chapman back anyway. Win-win.

I agree it was a win-win. We gave you guys Torres but it was worth it to get a Ring. Maddon IMO is the one that actually almost blew it and I think he is a Great manager but he rode Chapman until he was out of gas. He should've never pitched Chapman in Game 6 and I believe Chapman would've won MVP of the WS had he been fresh for Game 7. He would've never ran out of gas and gave up that HR. Thankfully the Cubs had the Offense to offset what the Indians were doing.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:42 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I agree it was a win-win. We gave you guys Torres but it was worth it to get a Ring. Maddon IMO is the one that actually almost blew it and I think he is a Great manager but he rode Chapman until he was out of gas. He should've never pitched Chapman in Game 6 and I believe Chapman would've won MVP of the WS had he been fresh for Game 7. He would've never ran out of gas and gave up that HR. Thankfully the Cubs had the Offense to offset what the Indians were doing.

FWIW, Chapman's contract is being heavily criticized and many experts think that the Yankees are going to pay dearly for this "mistake" moving forward. It's similar to the Lakers situation. Overpaying and giving long contracts for players who won't be worth it and will be difficult to trade. All of my teams are pretty bad right, if not downright suck (49ers) right now. Thankfully I am older and don't care as much as I used to and understand ebbs and flows.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:57 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I agree it was a win-win. We gave you guys Torres but it was worth it to get a Ring. Maddon IMO is the one that actually almost blew it and I think he is a Great manager but he rode Chapman until he was out of gas. He should've never pitched Chapman in Game 6 and I believe Chapman would've won MVP of the WS had he been fresh for Game 7. He would've never ran out of gas and gave up that HR. Thankfully the Cubs had the Offense to offset what the Indians were doing.

FWIW, Chapman's contract is being heavily criticized and many experts think that the Yankees are going to pay dearly for this "mistake" moving forward. It's similar to the Lakers situation. Overpaying and giving long contracts for players who won't be worth it and will be difficult to trade. All of my teams are pretty bad right, if not downright suck (49ers) right now. Thankfully I am older and don't care as much as I used to and understand ebbs and flows.

Chap's contract is getting criticized because of the Yankees signing him to 5 years. That is too long. I think 3 years is about right. He relies on the fastball a lot and 2 to 3 years I can trust that is arm will last (that is what most Yankees are saying). 5 years is way too long. You guys will love Torres but we have Baez and Russell so by trading him for Chappy was a win-win like you said because we won the WS, had the Cubs lost the WS it would've burned us but we didn't. It seemed like everything the Cubs did last season turned to gold with the moves they made and they way they won in the Playoffs. Beating the Giants, Dodgers, and Indians was beating 3 Very Good teams. Beating a team with MadBum on it, a team with Kershaw on it, and then a team managed by Francona in the WS is really tough. No team has ever won Game 6 and 7 on the road in MLB history to win a WS either. The Cubs 103-58 Regular Season record is the 2nd best record over the last 30 seasons to win the WS (1987-2016), only the 1998 Yankees were better at 114-48.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Dodgers re-signed Jansen to 5 years/80 Mill who is a Good reliever. They had too at this point considering Chapman, Davis, and Melancon were gone.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:04 pm

I have to be honest here, with the way the Lakers are playing and the Colts are playing I cant wait for Baseball to start. Never thought since I started watching sports in nearly 40 years I would say that, :roflmao: considering the Lakers and Colts have won so much and the Cubs have sucked for most of my life. Cubs are awesome now and my other 2 teams not so much! Lakers are young and a work in progress, Colts need to get rid of their Coach or GM or both actually. They have the QB but not Good surroundings. Cubs have Theo Epstein and that guy is a genius and knows how to build a team. He rebuilt the RedSox and they broke their 86 year curse by winning the WS in 2004, then he has turned around and built the Cubs into a powerhouse and they broke their 108 year curse.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:01 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I have to be honest here, with the way the Lakers are playing and the Colts are playing I cant wait for Baseball to start.

The Lakers have hit a very expected wall, especially considering the injury bug. Luke will get them back on track. I still don't see them as more than a 30 win team, but the progress they have already made is undeniable. This is far from a finished product, so we need to be patient to see what, if anything, the front office does at the trade deadline or potentially sooner. Watching how great Porzingis is obviously becoming was quite painful last night. Maybe Tom was right about needing a Willie Cauley-Stein type on this team. We certainly need a rim protector who is better than Timofey Mozstiff. Maybe Luke should start Zubac so he is effective when he's Porzingis' age. Deng has been playing better lately though. Hopefully that will be a constant moving forward.

Go Yankees!
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk