MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat May 27, 2017 8:49 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:All I can say is this, the Cubs won a Championship so I am happy for the rest of my life regarding Baseball talk. I have been a fan since 1984 as well so just didn't jump on their bandwagon. Waited over 30 years for that and winning Game 7 on the road at Cleveland was priceless. I thought LeBron was going to cry :roflmao:. I look at the Cubs 2016 Season and it ranks up there as a Top 10 season of all-time going all the way back to the early 1900's after the research I have done. They went 103-58 and beat the Giants who had MadBum 3-1, beat the Dodgers who had Kershaw 4-2, and beat the Indians who had Kluber and Miller 4-3 without HFA. That is a tough Playoff road to take on! The Cubs also got rewarded by the NL when Kris Bryant won MVP of the league, that was just the cherry on top. Honestly the 2016 Cubs had no weaknesses because they had 4 starting Pitchers that were Very Good to Great in Arrieta, Lester, Hendricks, and Lackey and they had Chapman in the BullPen who could throw over 100. Fowler is the ideal leadoff hitter, decent speed that can get on base but also has power, Bryant, Rizzo, and Zobrist in the 2/3/4 holes is just overwhelming = all have power and are Very Good to Great hitters + all of them are Clutch, Bryant has pretty good speed as well. Then we have a Manager that is basically smarter than every manager in todays league. He is a mad scientist at times but his moves usually pan out.

-This season no Fowler or Chapman and it has hurt us IMO but that is what happens from year to year, you lose key players unfortunately.

They got Chapman at the trade deadline, so anything can happen. Closers are a dime a dozen IMO, so their will be trade options in July. Guys like Fowler will be there, too. The question is whether the Cubs are willing to trade more prospects to win now. Why wouldn't they?
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:27 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:All I can say is this, the Cubs won a Championship so I am happy for the rest of my life regarding Baseball talk. I have been a fan since 1984 as well so just didn't jump on their bandwagon. Waited over 30 years for that and winning Game 7 on the road at Cleveland was priceless. I thought LeBron was going to cry :roflmao:. I look at the Cubs 2016 Season and it ranks up there as a Top 10 season of all-time going all the way back to the early 1900's after the research I have done. They went 103-58 and beat the Giants who had MadBum 3-1, beat the Dodgers who had Kershaw 4-2, and beat the Indians who had Kluber and Miller 4-3 without HFA. That is a tough Playoff road to take on! The Cubs also got rewarded by the NL when Kris Bryant won MVP of the league, that was just the cherry on top. Honestly the 2016 Cubs had no weaknesses because they had 4 starting Pitchers that were Very Good to Great in Arrieta, Lester, Hendricks, and Lackey and they had Chapman in the BullPen who could throw over 100. Fowler is the ideal leadoff hitter, decent speed that can get on base but also has power, Bryant, Rizzo, and Zobrist in the 2/3/4 holes is just overwhelming = all have power and are Very Good to Great hitters + all of them are Clutch, Bryant has pretty good speed as well. Then we have a Manager that is basically smarter than every manager in todays league. He is a mad scientist at times but his moves usually pan out.

-This season no Fowler or Chapman and it has hurt us IMO but that is what happens from year to year, you lose key players unfortunately.

They got Chapman at the trade deadline, so anything can happen. Closers are a dime a dozen IMO, so their will be trade options in July. Guys like Fowler will be there, too. The question is whether the Cubs are willing to trade more prospects to win now. Why wouldn't they?

Chapman was very critical to the Cubs winning the WS. I think he would've won WS MVP had he not gave up that 2 run HR to Davis in the 8th Inning. He still came back in the 9th and got the Indians out and got the win. He also was super critical in Game 5 with the Cubs down 3 games to 1, he pitched 3 great Innings to close that game. Fowler brought a great presence to the team, Cubs really don't have a traditional leadoff hitter now with him gone. Fowler's leadoff HR in Game 7 set the tone of that game. I know what you are saying though, Cubs may still make a move or 2 as it's only late May. They may need too because they have been very inconsistent so far.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Watching the Cubs at Dodgers right now, it's 0-0 Top of the 2nd. Off until Monday night, the Indy 500 is this weekend so my ass is staying inside and away from the crowds. I live close to the track. I have it all here at my house though, just grilled out some Bratwurst and have potato salad and chips. Have my Crown as well.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:16 pm

Dodgers may sweep this series. Up 5-0 right now and the Cubs face Kershaw tomorrow. Cubs cant get nothing going Offensively today.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat May 27, 2017 7:50 pm

Wood is a solid starter. He gets run support, he wins. What we haven't done enough is get Kershaw those runs. Colorado's losing and Arizona lost, so I gotta say Today Was A Good Day in L.A. Going for the sweep!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:49 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Wood is a solid starter. He gets run support, he wins. What we haven't done enough is get Kershaw those runs. Colorado's losing and Arizona lost, so I gotta say Today Was A Good Day in L.A. Going for the sweep!

Yeah the Dodgers are in a really good Division despite the Giants playing badly. I never would've thought the Rockies would be 32-19 as May is coming to an end. Diamondbacks are also 31-20. Dodgers are in good shape at 30-20 only 1.5 out of 1st. To me the Dodgers will start to show their dominance in the Division when June gets going. I just think the Rockies and DBacks will fade once we get into the FATS of the season being June-August. Cubs are only a HALF game back from 1st but have been very inconsistent so far. Brew Crew are 26-23, Cubs at 25-23, Cards at 24-22 in the Division. Cards scare me more than the Brewers in the long haul.

Regarding Baseball IMO, April and May = Practice Season, just maintain and stay a game or 2 above .500 at worse
June-August = Fats of the season, time to get it together and build chemistry, play bigtime winning Baseball
September = About being/getting healthy and winning big games down the stretch to secure a Playoff spot!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Cubs swept! Just really an all-around bad weekend - Batting and Pitching. It's still early in the season but if any team is due to win the WS it's the Dodgers. They have been Very Good for the last few seasons but have just fell short in the Playoffs. Last Championship was in 1988 so that was 30 seasons ago, they are the 1 team that is due to break through IMO.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:09 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:A look at the last 2 decades of Baseball!
-Here are the World Series Champions since the 2000 Season:
2000 - NY Yankees = A 3Peat Champion/last team to Repeat in baseball, won in 1998 and 99
2001- Arizona Diamondbacks
2002 - Anaheim Angels
2003 - Florida Marlins
2004 - Boston RedSox
2005 - Chicago WhiteSox
2006 - St Louis Cardinals
2007 - Boston RedSox
2008 - Philadelphia Phillies
2009 - NY Yankees = 103-59/best record of any AL World Series Champion in the 2000's
2010 - SF Giants
2011 - St Louis Cardinals
2012 - SF Giants
2013 - Boston RedSox
2014 - SF Giants
2015 - KC Royals
2016 - Chicago Cubs = 103-58/best record of any Champion in the 2000's

So since the 2000's began my Cubs have had the best individual season of any team to win the World Series. The 2009 Yankees were just .5 behind them. The teams with the most World Series wins since 2000 are the Boston RedSox and SF Giants with 3. The 2000 Yankees team were a 3Peat/Repeat team. No team has Repeated since the 2000 Yankees.

As May Baseball is coming to a close who do you guys think look like the favorites to win the 2017 WS? I have a funky feeling the Dodgers are going to keep rolling and take over the NL West soon. They have Great Pitching and Hitting. I like the Astros in the AL so far. I know June isn't even here yet but through 2 months these are the 2 teams that standout to me. I don't trust the Rockies or Nationals, Nats are Very Good most seasons but always choke in the Playoffs. Rockies IMO are Good but wont keep up their pace.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon May 29, 2017 8:37 am

Kershaw may be starting to lose his perennial Superman Cy Young status, but we'll still take his arm over anybody. He gave up the only runs of the series, as our bullpen stepped up and held the Cubs at bay. That's the key to going deep in the playoffs, and yes I agree that the Rockies and D-Backs will be caught and surpassed, and that our toughest challenges will be the Nats and Cubs, just like last year. It's (un)officially MLB summer now, even if the NBA Finals hasn't started yet! I'm not going to jinx my Dodgers by picking them to go to the Big Dance, but WOW it sure would be nice to finally see them get back.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:20 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Kershaw may be starting to lose his perennial Superman Cy Young status, but we'll still take his arm over anybody. He gave up the only runs of the series, as our bullpen stepped up and held the Cubs at bay. That's the key to going deep in the playoffs, and yes I agree that the Rockies and D-Backs will be caught and surpassed, and that our toughest challenges will be the Nats and Cubs, just like last year. It's (un)officially MLB summer now, even if the NBA Finals hasn't started yet! I'm not going to jinx my Dodgers by picking them to go to the Big Dance, but WOW it sure would be nice to finally see them get back.

The only thing that really concerns me about Kershaw is he has struggled in the Playoffs in big moments. This season the Dodgers seem pretty focused so far though. He struggled a bit yesterday but it was law of averages the Cubs were going get some runs after being shutout twice. The Dodgers are one of my favorites to take it all this season. Nats have a lot off fire power but they choke every season. I think in the end it will come down to Dodgers/Cubs again but you guys will probably have HFA this time. That is just my early guess. June is just approaching so we will see.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:12 pm

Bummer.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:54 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Bummer.

Many would argue he is the best player in Baseball. This sucks for Baseball in general.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Cubs have lost 5 in a row, not good. The team has looked flat most of the season, too much celebrating I guess :roflmao:. I mean the players have been showered with tons of love since November and playing flat in April and May tends to happen with teams that win the WS. The NL Central is such a crapshoot though that the Cubs are only 1.5 games back despite being 25-26. Brewers are in 1st at 27-25, Cards are even losing a lot and are at 24-25 = 1.5 back too. Still a long way to go, June is just getting ready to start but the Cubs need to get their shit together and come out of their celebration stupor :imok:
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue May 30, 2017 10:34 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Kershaw may be starting to lose his perennial Superman Cy Young status, but we'll still take his arm over anybody. He gave up the only runs of the series, as our bullpen stepped up and held the Cubs at bay. That's the key to going deep in the playoffs, and yes I agree that the Rockies and D-Backs will be caught and surpassed, and that our toughest challenges will be the Nats and Cubs, just like last year. It's (un)officially MLB summer now, even if the NBA Finals hasn't started yet! I'm not going to jinx my Dodgers by picking them to go to the Big Dance, but WOW it sure would be nice to finally see them get back.

The only thing that really concerns me about Kershaw is he has struggled in the Playoffs in big moments. This season the Dodgers seem pretty focused so far though. He struggled a bit yesterday but it was law of averages the Cubs were going get some runs after being shutout twice. The Dodgers are one of my favorites to take it all this season. Nats have a lot off fire power but they choke every season. I think in the end it will come down to Dodgers/Cubs again but you guys will probably have HFA this time. That is just my early guess. June is just approaching so we will see.

Nothing to worry about about Kershaw. He'll lead the league in ERA once again for the 4th year in a row and take home a 3ed CY Young award. We just need to give him more rest during the playoffs instead of riding his back like a donkey
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:44 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

Nothing to worry about about Kershaw. He'll lead the league in ERA once again for the 4th year in a row and take home a 3ed CY Young award. We just need to give him more rest during the playoffs instead of riding his back like a donkey

If the season were to end today, Dodgers would have HFA throughout the NL! They are now 33-20.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk