MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:39 pm

lakerevolution wrote:AAAARGH!!! For a team like the Dodgers to be NO-HIT is inexcusable. We just got SWEPT by the Padres, now the Cubs use four pitchers to throw a no-hitter on us. Dave Roberts, you're on the hot seat again!

You guys got us back tonight, I expected it. Jake actually pitched well. Only gave up 2 runs, surprisingly our Bullpen let us down. Tepera hasn't given up a run in over a month and Pollock hit a 2 run HR :roflmao: . Going into this series I said to myself if we can get 2 wins I will be happy, still very possible. Meanwhile the Brewers with their cupcake schedule won again tonight so now they are 1 game ahead of the Cubs in the NL Central. We are playing teams like the Mets, Giants, Padres, and Dodgers and the Brewers keep playing teams like the freakin Reds, D-Backs, and Rockies. Luckily they haven't really took advantage of it, they have lost a couple to those teams and we went 5-1 vs the Padres somehow. We play the Brewers in a 3 game series starting Monday at Milwaukee, we will see what they are made of then.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:37 pm

It is amazing how 1 call can change the whole complexion of a game. Heyward hits a HR in tonight's game and it was ruled a HR by the 3rd base Ump, then for some odd reason he changed the call to foul ball before any reviews. Then the announcers said it was too close to overturn after the Cubs challenge so foul ball was the ruling?? Complete BS! Cubs would've been up 3-2 going to the 9th and Kimbrel would've been pitching. Dodgers got away with one tonight. Cubs lose 3-2 instead as Bellinger hits a walk off HR, that would've never happened had Kimbrel been in :pullhair:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:26 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:It is amazing how 1 call can change the whole complexion of a game. Heyward hits a HR in tonight's game and it was ruled a HR by the 3rd base Ump, then for some odd reason he changed the call to foul ball before any reviews. Then the announcers said it was too close to overturn after the Cubs challenge so foul ball was the ruling?? Complete BS! Cubs would've been up 3-2 going to the 9th and Kimbrel would've been pitching. Dodgers got away with one tonight. Cubs lose 3-2 instead as Bellinger hits a walk off HR, that would've never happened had Kimbrel been in :pullhair:

As acclaimed actor Luis Guzmán tells the legendary Al Pacino at the end of 1993's Carlito's Way: "Be's like that sometimes homey."

The Dodgers have been playing like true Bums for a couple weeks now, and in the NL West there is no room for that.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:23 am

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:It is amazing how 1 call can change the whole complexion of a game. Heyward hits a HR in tonight's game and it was ruled a HR by the 3rd base Ump, then for some odd reason he changed the call to foul ball before any reviews. Then the announcers said it was too close to overturn after the Cubs challenge so foul ball was the ruling?? Complete BS! Cubs would've been up 3-2 going to the 9th and Kimbrel would've been pitching. Dodgers got away with one tonight. Cubs lose 3-2 instead as Bellinger hits a walk off HR, that would've never happened had Kimbrel been in :pullhair:

As acclaimed actor Luis Guzmán tells the legendary Al Pacino at the end of 1993's Carlito's Way: "Be's like that sometimes homey."

The Dodgers have been playing like true Bums for a couple weeks now, and in the NL West there is no room for that.

That was a great movie, hated the ending though lol. Yeah that was a tough loss last night and a much needed win for you guys. I had a feeling after the Heyward at bat was ruled foul we would lose and I called it. Every run in a game like that is critically important. When Bellinger came up in the 9th with 2 outs I said to myself here it goes :roflmao: , and there it went :waaaaa: . It has been a good series never the less. Brewers are now 2 games ahead of us in the NL Central feasting off of weak teams.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:20 am

The Dodgers kicked our asses last night, that was a legit ass kicking. Kershaw looked awesome. Congrats Rev on the series win. Off to Milwaukee now, time to teach them a lesson :beavis:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:29 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:The Dodgers kicked our asses last night, that was a legit ass kicking. Kershaw looked awesome. Congrats Rev on the series win. Off to Milwaukee now, time to teach them a lesson :beavis:

Brewers beat us tonight as things caved in during the 8th inning. Believe me the Brewers are not better than us but if we don't get a couple of things corrected we will dig ourselves a hole trying to catch them in the NL Central.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:26 pm

I am done getting upset about this season. The Cubs one minute look like a Top 5 team in the league for a week, then the next week they look like D-Backs. Milwaukee swept us, big fuckin deal. Win a WS Milwaukee Clippers :waaaaa:.

If the run is over for this core of Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, Contreras, Heyward, Hendricks, and Arrieta it has been fun - all were on the 2016 WS Championship team. I should just get my cigar out and enjoy the 2016 WS Championship, 3 NL Central Division Championships from 2016-2020 (2016, 2017, 2020), and the 2016 team which went 103-58 being voted in by MLB as a Top 5 team in the modern era = since 1980. Over the last 5 seasons the Cubs have been fantastic and made Baseball fun for me to watch again. I think if the Cubs fail to make the playoffs in this 2021 season, they will clean house. I think Arrieta is gone unless he makes a miraculous change, he looks done. The others, who knows? Cubs are currently are now 6 games behind the Brewers. July is a make or break month for this Cubs core unit.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:16 pm

Austin Barnes luckily turns his head away from a fastball and gets beaned in the back of the head . . the helmet saved him. Later in the game, Jason Turner takes it even worse off the shoulder and gets his helmet knocked off. Scary stuff. Both players ok as the Dodgers slap up the Nats for their 9th straight win. Pujols has 4 straight RBI games! We're slugging it out with the Giants for first place as the Padres fall back a bit.

Speaking of fall back -- the Yankees just went into free-fall!! Boonie might be gone after this season if he can't get his team at least a wild card. There's a new sheriff in NYC town and it's The Mets!!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:02 am

lakerevolution wrote:Austin Barnes luckily turns his head away from a fastball and gets beaned in the back of the head . . the helmet saved him. Later in the game, Jason Turner takes it even worse off the shoulder and gets his helmet knocked off. Scary stuff. Both players ok as the Dodgers slap up the Nats for their 9th straight win. Pujols has 4 straight RBI games! We're slugging it out with the Giants for first place as the Padres fall back a bit.

Speaking of fall back -- the Yankees just went into free-fall!! Boonie might be gone after this season if he can't get his team at least a wild card. There's a new sheriff in NYC town and it's The Mets!!

Right now the Cubs suck, the worst I have seen them look since the 2014 season :roflmao: before we got great. Sad really because it may be rebuild time!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:18 pm

ESPN put out an article today, Chicago Cubs could be looking at overhaul after impressive six-year run says President Jed Hoyer. MLB.com talk about them selling as well. I am totally not buying it as we are still only 1 game below .500 at 44-45, beat the Cards today. We are 9 games back of the Brewers but their schedule through August is much tougher than ours, they have had the easier part of their schedule so far before the all-star break. We still play them 7 times and we play the D-Backs 6 times, they finally have to play teams like the Dodgers and Giants. This isn't over yet. Still 3 solid months left of the regular season.

The Cubs have had the best 6 season in a row run in franchise history (2015-2020) since integration took place in 1947:

2015 = 97-65 (lost in NLCS/Final 4) Cubs won WildCard game over Pirates, then defeated the Cards in the NLDS 3-1. That is where the confidence started and we were no longer the Cards bitch anymore. We did lose to the Mets in the NLCS but learned from it. That season was special as Jake Arrieta won the NL CY Young Award and Kris Bryant won the NL Rookie of the Year.

2016 = 103-58 (won NL Central Division Title, won NL Pennant, won the WS) The season that will always be remembered as the greatest in Cubs history. To win the WS, we had to go through the Giants who had Bumgarner in the NLDS (they had previously won 3 WS's in 2010, 12, 14), go through the Dodgers in the NLCS who were loaded, and beat a redhot Indians team in the WS. That was the best Indians team they had ever had by far. Kris Bryant won NL MVP that season and Ben Zobrist won WS MVP.

2017 = 92-70 (won NL Central Division Title and made another NLCS/Final 4) We lost to the Dodgers in the NLCS 4-1 but at least didn't get swept. The Dodgers were loaded as usual. No shame in losing to them, it is not like we played Humpty Dumpty and lost. I thought overall we defended our WS Championship well.

2018 = 95-68 (lost in the WildCard round) 95 wins was a very good season.

2019 = 84-78 (missed the playoffs but was still an above average team. Injuries hurt us that season).

2020 = 34-26 (won the NL Central Division Title in the short Covid-19 season but lost in the WildCard round).

Totals in 6 seasons 2015-2020:
505-365 Regular Season = 58% winnings. Equates to a 94-68 record in a 162 game season in 6 seasons.
1 WS Championship (2016)
1 NL Pennant (2016)
3 NL Central Division Titles (2016, 2017, 2020)
3 NLCS appearances (2015, 2016, 2017)
5 Playoff appearances (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020)

Is this the end here in 2021?? Not sure at 44-45 on the season.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:10 am

Philip Anschutz sold his 27% minority interest in the Los Angeles Lakers to Los Angeles Dodgers co-owners Mark Walter and Todd Boehly in a deal that closed Friday.

The transaction was approved by the NBA's board of governors, according to AEG. Anschutz-owned AEG and the Lakers recently announced a 20-year extension to the team's lease at Staples Center. It includes both sides investing in upgrades and improvements to the downtown Los Angeles arena, which the Lakers will continue to call home through 2041.

Boehly will join the Lakers' board of directors, representing the interests of both Walter and himself.

Walter is co-founder and CEO of Guggenheim Partners, a privately held global financial services company, and is chairman of the Dodgers.

"The Los Angeles Lakers are one of the most successful and admired franchises in sports history," Walter said. "I have watched the organization grow under Jeanie's leadership and couldn't be more excited to partner with her and the entire management team."

Boehly is co-founder, chairman and CEO of Eldridge, a holding company that invests in businesses involving sports and gaming, media and real estate. He is part-owner of the Dodgers.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:06 pm

Yeah 3Peat, your Cubbies aren't looking too good. They and the Yanks really went into free-fall and have all but eliminated a chance at making the playoffs. It may be time to re-vamp and rebuild while the Giants, Dodgers and Padres are likely going to represnt the NL for the next couple of years, at least. Lasting success in the Major Leagues is such a difficult thing to achieve and sustain - my Dodgers were pretty cold throughout the entire 90's and well into the 2000's, and despite trying to field the best teams money can buy :waaaaa: , we have only one Covid-championship to show for it. Yes, we got jobbed by the Red Sox and robbed by the Astros - it would have been sweet to win at least one of those WS to legitimize this current team. And now look at the Giants - surprising everybody by sustaining the best record in baseball basically all season. They only have a few guys left from their "dynasty" run, and their skipper Gabe Kapler has done a tremendous job getting wins. We'll see how it plays out between them, us and the Padres - it's going to be tough on whichever team misses the playoffs . . one of us likely won't qualify despite having one of the best winning % in the league, simply because we're all in the same division.
Last edited by lakerevolution on Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:57 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Yeah 3Peat, your Cubbies aren't looking too good. They and the Yanks really went into free-fall and have all but eliminated a chance at making the playoffs. It may be time to re-vamp and rebuild while the Giants, Dodgers and Padres are likely going to represnt the NL for the next couple of years, at least. Lasting success in the Magor Leagues is such a difficult thing to achieve and sustain - my Dodgers were pretty cold throughout the entire 90's and well into the 2000's, and despite trying to field the best teams money can buy :waaaaa: , we have only one Covid-championship to show for it. Yes, we got jobbed by the Red Sox and robbed by the Astros - it would have been sweet to win at least one of those WS to legitimize this current team. And now look at the Giants - surprising everybody by sustaining the best record in baseball basicalaly all season. They only have a few guys left from their "dynasty" run, and their skipper Gabe Kapler has done a tremendous job getting wins. We'll see how it plays out between them, us and the Padres - it's going to be tough on whichever team misses the playoffs . . one of us likely won't qualify despite having one of the best winning % in the league, simply because we're all in the same division.

Yeah I consider same core dynasties, winning 3 or more WS Championships with roughly the same core of players. 3 is the magic number IMO. I thought the Cubs would win 2 or 3 after 2016 with the group of players they have had. Doesn't look like it. There have really only been 2 recent same core dynasties =

1. NY Yankees (1996, 1998-2000) They won 4 with roughly the same core of players. Yankees did win another in 2009 but other than Jeter, Pettitte, and Rivera the team was different to the previous 4 WS Champions. By the way the last team to repeat in baseball were the 2000 Yankees, it was a 3Peat. That was over 20 years ago. Hardly nobody repeats in baseball.

2. SF Giants (2010, 2012, and 2014) They won 3 with roughly the same core of players. Giants have done a hell of a rebuild job starting here in 2021.

I look at teams like the current Dodgers and Cubs as great but not dynasty teams. Dodgers have been basically great for around a decade but only have 1 WS Championship to show for it. Cubs have been basically great for a nice short 6-year span but also only have 1 WS Championship to show for it in 2016. Those 2 core teams remind me of the Indianapolis Colts in the Peyton years. Colts were great for 8 seasons straight from 2002-2010 but only won 1 SB in 2006/07. Hey Rev, 1 is better than none though :roflmao: . I will take 1 anyday though and be happy if the alternative is winning 0 and being known as the team that could never win the big one. Imagine being a lifetime Indians fan - they have had at least 3 or 4 really good chances to win a WS, (90's)Bills fan, or (90's)Jazz fan - oh so close but nothing to show for it!

The Dodgers got cheated out of the WS in 2017 by the Assholes IMO so winning 1 finally in the Covid-19 season was a makeup for that Bull. I don't look at it differently other than ranking them in history with the other great champions is tough. That is because they didn't play near 162 games. A championship is a championship though no matter how you slice it. Just like the Lakers winning in 2020.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:45 pm

Turn on the FUCKIN game to watch the FUCKIN Dodgers beat the FUCKIN Giants and what the FUCK happens?? FUCKIN Kenley Jansen comes in and FUCKIN gives up a FUCKIN two-run homer in the NINTH FUCKIN INNING to let the Giants go ahead and win the FUCKIN game.

:anfinger:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:52 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Turn on the FUCKIN game to watch the FUCKIN Dodgers beat the FUCKIN Giants and what the FUCK happens?? FUCKIN Kenley Jansen comes in and FUCKIN gives up a FUCKIN two-run homer in the NINTH FUCKIN INNING to let the Giants go ahead and win the FUCKIN game.

:anfinger:

Jansen blew it again tonight :WTFface: . Dodgers are still going to make the playoffs and be a tough out. The Giants are a pain in the ass though lol. My Cubs are done, glad football is almost here now. Cubs are at 47-50 in 4th place in the NL Central and are in sell mode. Cubs have made my summers great since the 2015 season when they made the NLCS until football arrives so I can't complain. It is rare a team is good to great for 6 consecutive years like the Cubs have been from (2015-2020). We won our WS in 2016 + 3 division titles in 2016, 2017, and 2020. Time to rebuild now. Unfortunately all great things come to an end for certain core teams.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk