MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:17 pm

I am surprised at how bad the Yankees are playing right now as well. The Rays look really good in the AL. Here's Ken right now :beavis: lol.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:46 pm

Diamondbacks: LHP Madison Bumgarner (0-4, 8.44) will make his second start since returning from the injured list with a mid-back strain Thursday against the Dodgers. He allowed two runs in four innings against the Giants his first start back.

I know. Still mad about those Giants trophies :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:19 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Diamondbacks: LHP Madison Bumgarner (0-4, 8.44) will make his second start since returning from the injured list with a mid-back strain Thursday against the Dodgers. He allowed two runs in four innings against the Giants his first start back.

I know. Still mad about those Giants trophies :waaaaa:

How they won 3 WS = (2010, 2012, 2014) still puzzles me, not one of those teams was near as dominant as the 2016 Cubs and the Cubs only won 1.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:32 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
NuggetsCountry wrote:I get busy for a couple of weeks and my Yanks have dropped off the cliff!?!! WTF!?

What happened? Ken?

Ken has been incognito lately . . I think I know why :danc3: but anyway hey Nuggs!!! Are you Mayor yet? As for your Yanks - yeah, IDK if it's pitching or injuries or just piss-poor skippering *Aaron Boone, pick up the white phone please :waaaaa: * but The Bombers have completely imploded. The Devil Rays have been the hottest team in baseball next to my Dodgers, so the Yankees would probably have had to get a Wild Card berth anyway.

Been Mayor since April.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:31 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:
NuggetsCountry wrote:I get busy for a couple of weeks and my Yanks have dropped off the cliff!?!! WTF!?

What happened? Ken?

Ken has been incognito lately . . I think I know why :danc3: but anyway hey Nuggs!!! Are you Mayor yet? As for your Yanks - yeah, IDK if it's pitching or injuries or just piss-poor skippering *Aaron Boone, pick up the white phone please :waaaaa: * but The Bombers have completely imploded. The Devil Rays have been the hottest team in baseball next to my Dodgers, so the Yankees would probably have had to get a Wild Card berth anyway.

Been Mayor since April.

YOUR MAJESTY . . :kingclaphands:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:34 pm

Alec Mills threw a No Hitter today for my Cubbies :kingclaphands: . Cubs steamed rolled the Brewers 12-0. 28-20 now on the season, 4 games ahead of the Cards in the NL Central and now 6 ahead of the Brewers. Only 12 games to go. I think in the end it will come down to the Dodgers and Cubs in the NL unless something goofy happens.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:25 pm

NL Central standings coming into today September 17th were:
Cubs 30-20
Reds 25-26 (5.5 back)
Cards 22-23 (5.5 back)
Brewers 23-26 (6.5 back)
Pirates 14-34 (15 back)

The Cubs are currently the #2 seed in the NL only trailing the #1 Dodgers. They have handled the pandemic perfectly, no negative tests and totally focused. People can put an * by whoever wins a Division or a WS all they want but every team is in the same boat. If the Cubs win their Division which it looks like they will, here is their resume from 2015-2020:

2015 - Made NLCS (Final 4) as a WildCard team, lost to Mets
2016 - Division Champs, beat Dodgers in NLCS (Final 4), won WS over Indians
2017 - Division Champs, made the NLCS (Final 4), lost to Dodgers
2020 - Division Champs, after that who knows?

Ross should get manager of the year if the Cubs win their division because many had the Cubs finishing around .500 without Maddon. Ross has managed beautifully pulling all the right strings so far. The only team that scares me is the Dodgers, we will take out anyone else IMO. Almost all the baseball experts had the Cards and Brewers finishing ahead of the Cubs as the season began, some even had the Reds better lol. Last I looked we still have Kris Bryant (aka MVP), El Mago Baez, Anthony Rizzo, John Lester, Kyle Hendricks, and a much improved Yu Darvish. Never underestimate the heart of a champion, the Cubs still have key pieces from that 2016 team.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Padres are catching up :imok: :panic:

I see the young guy for the Cubs threw a no-hitter!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:05 am

Congratulations Chicago Cubs for winning the NL Central Division. That is 3 in 5 years with this core group = 2016, 2017, and now 2020. We already have our World Series Title in 2016, lets add another. #3 seed is locked down as well. Being the #3 means we avoid the Dodgers until the NLCS no matter what.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:59 pm

EXPERT ANALYSTS :confused: at ESPN have the Dodgers going all the way, with the San Diego Fathers as a possible option. They aren't talking too highly of the Cubbies' chances, but you just never know. The SF Giants BARELY missed sneaking in, but they basically CHOKED their last 5 games vs. the Rockies and Fathers - with maybe some questionable calls from the Home Plate Umpire playing a factor. Or else it would have been a Dodgers/Giants Wild Card Series, which I don't think anybody in Blue really wanted to see :imok: . Looks like their pitcher Jeff Szamardja is trade bait (maybe he should try the NFL, he was a star WR at Notre Dame) and their other World Series dynasty holdovers Hunter Pence announced his retirement this summer. Bumgardner has been gone, and possible HOF catcher Buster Posey opted not to play this shortened season and may not return to the Giants.

As for the American League, of course the Rays are the prohibitive favorite but the White Sox are looking good and the Indians (expect THAT mascot name to change as well :dedhors: ) could make a deep run. The Twins and the Yanks might make some noise but . . not likely - sorry Kenny :mariano:

Hopefully the faithful of the Dodger Blue Nation can get what we've been missing for the last few years . . we're not as dependent on Kershaw and Jansen like we have been in years past - our bullpen is deep and our rotation is solid. The bats, of course, are spectacular, and with the addition of Mookie Betts it's really Championship or bust.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:32 pm

lakerevolution wrote:EXPERT ANALYSTS :confused: at ESPN have the Dodgers going all the way, with the San Diego Fathers as a possible option. They aren't talking too highly of the Cubbies' chances, but you just never know. The SF Giants BARELY missed sneaking in, but they basically CHOKED their last 5 games vs. the Rockies and Fathers - with maybe some questionable calls from the Home Plate Umpire playing a factor. Or else it would have been a Dodgers/Giants Wild Card Series, which I don't think anybody in Blue really wanted to see :imok: . Looks like their pitcher Jeff Szamardja is trade bait (maybe he should try the NFL, he was a star WR at Notre Dame) and their other World Series dynasty holdovers Hunter Pence announced his retirement this summer. Bumgardner has been gone, and possible HOF catcher Buster Posey opted not to play this shortened season and may not return to the Giants.

As for the American League, of course the Rays are the prohibitive favorite but the White Sox are looking good and the Indians (expect THAT mascot name to change as well :dedhors: ) could make a deep run. The Twins and the Yanks might make some noise but . . not likely - sorry Kenny :mariano:

Hopefully the faithful of the Dodger Blue Nation can get what we've been missing for the last few years . . we're not as dependent on Kershaw and Jansen like we have been in years past - our bullpen is deep and our rotation is solid. The bats, of course, are spectacular, and with the addition of Mookie Betts it's really Championship or bust.

Cubs are the 2nd best team in the NL IMO, it will come down to us and the Dodgers. Will the Dodgers get over that hump finally, who knows? Dodgers are clearly the best team in the league IMO.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:43 pm

Ha ha so much for what I said -- the Yanks won their series and the A's lost their first game (but took the series) vs. The White Sox. I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE SERIES ARE BEST-OF-THREE!!! The MLB is STUPID AS FUCK for doing this -- making even the best teams hinge their entire 60-game season on a three-game crapshoot?? Utterly ridiculous. Should have been best-of-five, what a joke. So now the A's get their division-rival Astros, and if my Dodgers can pull out one more win they'll have to immediately face their division rivals the Padres. Again, this bracketing is a JOKE. Why put the Yanks and Rays in the same bracket, when everybody wants to see them in the AL Pennant series?? Just dumb. Good luck to your Cubs, 3Peat - looks like weather is delaying that one.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:34 pm

"Kershaw's strikeouts were a playoff career high and the most by a Dodgers pitcher in the postseason since his mentor Sandy Koufax had 15 in Game 1 of the 1963 World Series against the Yankees. Kershaw issued his lone walk to Luis Urias in the eighth and promptly picked him off when a diving Urias couldn't get back to the bag. The Brewers lost their challenge of the call.

Kershaw, a three-time NL Cy Young Award winner, showed none of the fallibility that's plagued his postseason career. He came in with a 9-11 record and 4.43 ERA in the playoffs.

Justin Turner wore an earpiece during Game 1 for ESPN's broadcast. He was seen fiddling with it while playing third base, trying to keep it in his ear. Dodgers manager Dave Roberts found out about the arrangement an hour before gametime. "I'm not a fan of it," Roberts said. "Going forward, I don't want our guys to do that." He said it was a decision Turner made on his own."
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:38 pm

Congrats Rev on the Dodgers advancing to the NLDS, yeah these are the best of 3. I seen the A's advanced as well. Cubs lost Game 1, but I still am not worried. Thanks for giving me good luck, Marlins are a mystery team and a tough matchup like the Heat are in the NBA for most teams. Hopefully the Cubs can pull even tomorrow and take Game 3 too.

You might have 2 Champions in 1 year with the Lakers and Dodgers? Lakers are going to win it all, Dodgers are the favorite. Kershaw was lights out tonight :kingclaphands:. I had Dodgers vs Yankees before the season in the WS, you and Kenny and Nuggs can have fun with that as that would be a fantastic series. If the Cubs can survive the Marlins, I see them beating the Braves at that point.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:11 pm

Cubs season is over, hats off to the Marlins. I am ok as the Cubs have had a hell of 6 season run:

2015 = 97-65 made playoffs, lost in NLCS

2016 = 103-58 won Division, won the NL, won the WS

2017 = 92-70 won Division, lost in NLCS

2018 = 95-68 made playoffs, lost in WC round

2019 = 84-78 missed playoffs, but still a winning a season

2020 = 34-26 won Division, lost in WC round

Our offense was putrid in this series vs the Marlins that is the bottomline. Theo needs to make some changes, not sure what they are though??

Good luck the rest of the way Rev with the Dodgers. Good luck Kenny and Nuggs with the Yankees as well. That is the WS I want to see now.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk