MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:42 pm

Dodgers taking care of business tonight. They had to win this one. They need to win Game 4 as well.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:20 pm

Well Fuck, down 3-1 now. Not over until it is over. Rev you need to talk your team and see what is going on! I can't figure out why the Dodgers lose every year in the playoffs? They have dominated the regular season every year since like I can't remember. Colts were the same way with Peyton for a long time but we finally broke through and won it all in 2006/2007. Cubs did too in 2016 after 108 years :waaaaa: . I really thought this would be the year Kershaw and the Dodgers would get it done. If they do lose, Roberts needs to go, JMO. This is getting ridiculous.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:02 pm

I wasn't worried AT ALL . . I somehow KNEW we were gonna comeback and win 3 straight to take the series. And I have the same feeling about the World Series. Four game sweep, I'm calling it now. Like Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said, "THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!"
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:25 am

lakerevolution wrote:I wasn't worried AT ALL . . I somehow KNEW we were gonna comeback and win 3 straight to take the series. And I have the same feeling about the World Series. Four game sweep, I'm calling it now. Like Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said, "THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!"

Congrats Rev, I am finally glad this core team will get a ring with Kershaw Brethren. I see no reason why you guys can't beat the Rays :rthup:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:21 pm

Dodgers up 2-1 on the most insane pitching by BUHLER. BUHRLR. BEUHLEULERRR.

Maybe Ferris is in the Chicago Cubs Stadium chanting DODGERS :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:29 pm

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

*I coulda just typed FUCK x 5+* :pissedkobe:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:37 am

:kingclaphands: Congrats Rev and Craig, you guys finally did it in this era. Great team you have there. :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:23 am

YES!!! Not since that incredible year of 1988 has the city of Los Angeles been in this position. The tragic loss of Kobe Bean and his up-and-coming future WNBA star Gianna, the onset of Covid-19 and the strange times we have endured here in California, and the equally unexpected murder of rapper Nipsey Hussle in front of his own clothing store in LA, as he was just rising up as a community leader and business mogul . . . it's been a difficult year for The City Of Angels. Watching LeBron not only continue his excellent ambassadorship as the social justice voice of the NBA, but put a grieving and hungry city on his shoulders and bring the Larry O'Brien back to Staples. Not Milwaukee, not the punk-ass Clippers, not our rivals Boston, and finally not LeBron's former team the Miami Heat.

As for the Dodgers -- after 8 straight division titles, three World Series appearances in the last four years, winning all the games except the ones that matter most . . and watching future Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw choke time and time again in big situations, the title is back in Chavez Ravine!!!

Yes, both championships will be de-valued by fans of other teams as "not real" and "an asterisk", but we as lifelong sports fans know that this year required more sacrifice, dedication and focus from the athletes, coaches, trainers, media and others than any year in moden history. MLB did a great job bringing the season back (though Commissioner Mansfred was roundly booed at the trophy presentation!), and the NBA rose far above and beyond in its highly successful efforts to respond to social justice issues and the devastating impact of a global pandemic.

In the words of Pat Riley, "WE'RE GONNA WIN IT AGAIN!!!"
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:02 am

lakerevolution wrote:YES!!! Not since that incredible year of 1988 has the city of Los Angeles been in this position. The tragic loss of Kobe Bean and his up-and-coming future WNBA star Gianna, the onset of Covid-19 and the strange times we have endured here in California, and the equally unexpected murder of rapper Nipsey Hussle in front of his own clothing store in LA, as he was just rising up as a community leader and business mogul . . . it's been a difficult year for The City Of Angels. Watching LeBron not only continue his excellent ambassadorship as the social justice voice of the NBA, but put a grieving and hungry city on his shoulders and bring the Larry O'Brien back to Staples. Not Milwaukee, not the punk-ass Clippers, not our rivals Boston, and finally not LeBron's former team the Miami Heat.

As for the Dodgers -- after 8 straight division titles, three World Series appearances in the last four years, winning all the games except the ones that matter most . . and watching future Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw choke time and time again in big situations, the title is back in Chavez Ravine!!!

Yes, both championships will be de-valued by fans of other teams as "not real" and "an asterisk", but we as lifelong sports fans know that this year required more sacrifice, dedication and focus from the athletes, coaches, trainers, media and others than any year in moden history. MLB did a great job bringing the season back (though Commissioner Mansfred was roundly booed at the trophy presentation!), and the NBA rose far above and beyond in its highly successful efforts to respond to social justice issues and the devastating impact of a global pandemic.

In the words of Pat Riley, "WE'RE GONNA WIN IT AGAIN!!!"

Enjoy it Rev, you deserve it Brethren. I don't put an * by either title, the Lakers and Dodgers still had to play several teams to win it all. Both teams earned it regardless of what people think. The Dodgers were like my Colts in the Peyton era. Peyton like Kershaw kept coming up short in the playoffs and it was annoying but we finally slayed the dragon in 2006/07 by beating the Pats = Brady/BB in the AFC Title Game after losing to them for so many years. Beating the Bears was a no brainer in the SB. Anyway this is your time, our time regarding the Lakers :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:43 pm

I voted for Biden by the way, last political statement I will make. I just know Kenny and LeBron would be happy to hear that.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:04 pm

Dodgers Baby!! Kershaw finally got that monkey off his :beavis: back
Lakers4Life

Postby Julius Russell » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:00 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I voted for Biden by the way, last political statement I will make. I just know Kenny and LeBron would be happy to hear that.

Glad to hear that. I don’t agree with the GOP, but it’s all good. But lpmua6 is worse than just GOP. He’s just not a good leader to keep us UNITED.
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:33 am

Julius Russell wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I voted for Biden by the way, last political statement I will make. I just know Kenny and LeBron would be happy to hear that.

Glad to hear that. I don’t agree with the GOP, but it’s all good. But lpmua6 is worse than just GOP. He’s just not a good leader to keep us UNITED.

I think it was just time for a change, Donny's divisiveness and the way he handled the Corina Virus turned me off. I think a lot of people want change so I said what the hell and rolled with Joe. Lets see what he has. I just hope the economy is good under him and his regime.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:51 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Julius Russell wrote:

Joe will be 78 this month, and the likelihood that he goes two terms is . . hmm. Kamala Harris grew up in my stomping grounds of Berkeley/Oakland and of course cut her teeth as a DA in San Francisco. Whether or not she has what it takes to be a POTUS we shall see but it's just good for America to have a more diverse government representing all Americans. More importantly, we as citizens need to be active in our communities to stay involved in what's happening. Too often we put it on politicians (or tv show celebrities) to lead us and give them all the power and blame.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:12 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
Julius Russell wrote:

Joe will be 78 this month, and the likelihood that he goes two terms is . . hmm. Kamala Harris grew up in my stomping grounds of Berkeley/Oakland and of course cut her teeth as a DA in San Francisco. Whether or not she has what it takes to be a POTUS we shall see but it's just good for America to have a more diverse government representing all Americans. More importantly, we as citizens need to be active in our communities to stay involved in what's happening. Too often we put it on politicians (or tv show celebrities) to lead us and give them all the power and blame.

I think Joe will hand the reigns over to Harris within a year or 2, he is old but did his job getting elected. She will be fine and can handle it, she is very intelligent and lights up a room IMO. I am predicting she will be the first woman president. I am happy with my choice and will let it play out. It was a much needed change we all needed. As long as the economy does well than it will pay off for all of us. Only time will tell Rev. Keep in mind though the Republicans still have the Senate so that can disrupt things as Kenny knows.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk