MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Re: MLB - the 7th Inning Stretch

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:05 pm

CHICAGO -- Cubs President of Baseball Operations Jed Hoyer says his "greatest source of frustration" was the team's inability to sign any of their stars to long-term contracts before trading them last Friday.

Anthony Rizzo, Kris Bryant and Javier Baez were the talk of the baseball world last week as all three were moved within a span of 24 hours before MLB's trade deadline. After years of conversations with the trio -- attempting to sign them to long-term contracts -- Hoyer finally gave up and moved on.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:50 pm

lakerevolution wrote:CHICAGO -- Cubs President of Baseball Operations Jed Hoyer says his "greatest source of frustration" was the team's inability to sign any of their stars to long-term contracts before trading them last Friday.

Anthony Rizzo, Kris Bryant and Javier Baez were the talk of the baseball world last week as all three were moved within a span of 24 hours before MLB's trade deadline. After years of conversations with the trio -- attempting to sign them to long-term contracts -- Hoyer finally gave up and moved on.

Yeah our FO cleaned house, time to rebuild. I am so glad we finally won a WS in 2016 to put that 108 year shit to bed :roflmao: . Dodgers may repeat but no team has since the Yankees 3Peated in 2000. Winning a WS is so difficult, I have mine in 2016 so I am content.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:38 pm

Kris Bryant as a Giant through 8 games has a .323 average up from .267 as a Cub. The Giants are going to be a nightmare come playoff time because he usually is great in the playoffs. Makes me want to puke.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:17 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Kris Bryant as a Giant through 8 games has a .323 average up from .267 as a Cub. The Giants are going to be a nightmare come playoff time because he usually is great in the playoffs. Makes me want to puke.

As hot as Bryant and the other big-name trades have been for their new teams since the deadline, the A's Marté has been the best. The A's have lost the division to the Cheatstros but they're still tied for the Wild Card with Beantown.

The freakin' Giants just keep winning and winning, coming from behind and getting every lucky bounce. The Dodgers have added big names like Cole and Scherzer, but if the Giants don't let up over the next several weeks we may be facing a dicey Wild Card play-in.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:52 am

Yankees have won 12 in a row :kingclaphands: , they are on fire! We may see a Yankees vs Dodgers WS after all?
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:43 am

Uh oh . . look out!!! The analyst's (and Vegas') predictions might just be coming true -- the Giants are stumbling vs. the Brewers and the Dodgers are heating up!! Only half a game now separates us from the NL West lead!

I'll be at the ballpark Sunday to watch what promises to be an epic weekend showdown between the two best teams in baseball! Can't wait!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:04 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Uh oh . . look out!!! The analyst's (and Vegas') predictions might just be coming true -- the Giants are stumbling vs. the Brewers and the Dodgers are heating up!! Only half a game now separates us from the NL West lead!

I'll be at the ballpark Sunday to watch what promises to be an epic weekend showdown between the two best teams in baseball! Can't wait!

It is ashame that the Dodgers and Giants are in the same division. They would play in the NLDS because of a 1 vs 4 matchup. That should be the NLCS.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:23 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Uh oh . . look out!!! The analyst's (and Vegas') predictions might just be coming true -- the Giants are stumbling vs. the Brewers and the Dodgers are heating up!! Only half a game now separates us from the NL West lead!

It is ashame that the Dodgers and Giants are in the same division. They would play in the NLDS because of a 1 vs 4 matchup. That should be the NLCS.

In most eyes it is. The Brewers just came into town and drank all the lil SF beer dry :drunk: . As in SWEEP. The Giants are flaming out, but they are also not at full strength like we are now. :Bartmoon:

Meanwhile the Boys in Blue have finally started to gel and get loose - our run differential is off the charts. NL West might have two 100 game winners in the same division for the first time since, well, ask Elias :bbalargu:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:01 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

In most eyes it is. The Brewers just came into town and drank all the lil SF beer dry :drunk: . As in SWEEP. The Giants are flaming out, but they are also not at full strength like we are now. :Bartmoon:

Meanwhile the Boys in Blue have finally started to gel and get loose - our run differential is off the charts. NL West might have two 100 game winners in the same division for the first time since, well, ask Elias :bbalargu:

Giants crushed the Brewers today so the Giants and Dodgers are both tied at 1st in the NL West at 85-49. Avoiding that WildCard game is critical, that 1 game elimination can be dicey. I work Friday night until 530am but after that I am off Saturday, Sunday, and Monday night. Don't go back into work until 10pm Tuesday night. So I am off from 530am Saturday to 10pm Tuesday night and all I am going to do is kick back and watch the Dodgers at Giants + a ton of great college football games are on. #5 Georgia at #3 Clemson will be a doozy! That is on Saturday night on ABC. Dodgers at Giants is on ESPN Sunday night.

Most people will be cooking out, I am going to go to BW3's and order me 50 Hot Barbecue Wings to go on Saturday - I can eat on that for 2 or 3 days, buy me a case of strong beer, and a Pint of Crown to do a shot or 2. I can't wait.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:43 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

Giants crushed the Brewers today so the Giants and Dodgers are both tied at 1st in the NL West at 85-49. Avoiding that WildCard game is critical, that 1 game elimination can be dicey. I work Friday night until 530am but after that I am off Saturday, Sunday, and Monday night. Don't go back into work until 10pm Tuesday night. So I am off from 530am Saturday to 10pm Tuesday night and all I am going to do is kick back and watch the Dodgers at Giants + a ton of great college football games are on. #5 Georgia at #3 Clemson will be a doozy! That is on Saturday night on ABC. Dodgers at Giants is on ESPN Sunday night.

Most people will be cooking out, I am going to go to BW3's and order me 50 Hot Barbecue Wings to go on Saturday - I can eat on that for 2 or 3 days, buy me a case of strong beer, and a Pint of Crown to do a shot or 2. I can't wait.

That sounds like a fantastic weekend. I'll be with a group of ten or so acquaintances way up in the rafters just foul of the left field pole, though chances are we'll be fervently sashaying (Ken and Lew reference) around the ballpark between bars and innings. The atmosphere is going to be electric. I wish it was Scherzer goinng, but it's even better -- possible Cy Young candidate Walker Buehler will be slanging the ol' seam-ball on Sunday. I'm calling it right now: shutout, possible no-hitter. We're after all the marbles.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:20 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

That sounds like a fantastic weekend. I'll be with a group of ten or so acquaintances way up in the rafters just foul of the left field pole, though chances are we'll be fervently sashaying (Ken and Lew reference) around the ballpark between bars and innings. The atmosphere is going to be electric. I wish it was Scherzer goinng, but it's even better -- possible Cy Young candidate Walker Buehler will be slanging the ol' seam-ball on Sunday. I'm calling it right now: shutout, possible no-hitter. We're after all the marbles.

Tough loss there Rev, we will see if the Dodgers can even the series tomorrow. I seen the end of it here at work. I knew when Posey came up it was probably over, he has been clutch for years although he reached on an error. I have 3 hours to go then I have my 3 day weekend :danc3:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:36 am

Had a great time Sunday, even though we dropped the rubber match. The normally dominant Walker Beuhler had his worst outing of the season :pullhair: My sons got to see Albert Pujols hit a home run, though! That dinger made it 6-4 and woke up the crowd but we couldn't do anything after that. It's going to go down to the wire, as it should.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:22 am

Wow, the career of Derek Jeter . . his stats and rankings by position are formidable. First or close to first in most of the relevant statistics in Yankees history. The dude was baad, and I say that never having really liked or given the Yanks appreciation as a whole :roflmao: throughout the decades. "Jeeets" will join the Pantheon of Yankees who have won multiple titles, and he's certainly welcome company. That's all I got. :pissedkobe:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:17 am

lakerevolution wrote:Wow, the career of Derek Jeter . . his stats and rankings by position are formidable. First or close to first in most of the relevant statistics in Yankees history. The dude was baad, and I say that never having really liked or given the Yanks appreciation as a whole :roflmao: throughout the decades. "Jeeets" will join the Pantheon of Yankees who have won multiple titles, and he's certainly welcome company. That's all I got. :pissedkobe:

I was looking at MLB's.com and their top 25 greatest players ever. Jeter didn't make it. This was updated on April 11th, 2021. IMO ranking baseball players of all-time is really tough because of era's and you have Batters and Pitchers to consider.

Notable Yankees that make it:
2. Was Babe Ruth
8. Joe DiMaggio
9. Mickey Mantle
15. Lou Gehrig
16. Alex Rodriguez - he was a Yankee for 10 seasons.

-Rickey Henderson was ranked 11th but was only a Yankee for 5 seasons. To me Rickey was an A more than anything.

Jeter was a great player but the Yankees they have rated higher than him were better IMO. You can put an *by ARod because he cheated by taking roids. Jeter never won a League MVP either, even Kris Bryant has won one. In Baseball Championships are important but don't weigh as much as they do in Football and especially Basketball. Stats, WAR, OBP, OPS, are critical in ranking baseball players + MVP's as well. Jeter reminds me of a Dwyane Wade type (Wade never won a League MVP either), maybe top 20ish to 25ish of all-time but not near the top 10. Great in most area's but in their era's there were a few players clearly better. Wade like Jeter was at the right place at the right time on teams that were stacked to get multiple championships. Jeter IMO was on the best team I have ever seen in Baseball history from 1996-2001 (1998). That team was loaded and would've won some WS without him. Wade had Shaq then LeBron.

Having said of that, I like Jeter but just putting my 2 cents in.

One last comment for my money, Willie Mays was the greatest baseball player of all-time:
.301 avg

156.1 WAR

.941 OPS

.384 OBP

1909 RBI's

660 HR's without cheating

3283 Hits

2 League MVP's

12 Time Gold Glove playing CF

He was a 24X All-Star :roflmao: , that is insane!

also won a WS in 1954 = resume complete! He played when the league was segregated unlike Ruth, African Americans were allowed to play = the competition was better. End of story.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:15 pm

This is freaking MADDENING!!! The Giants will not stop winning, and now our other rivals the Cardinals are on a 17-game winning streak and clinched a wild card spot!!! How can a loaded team win 100+ games and not be in a position to win the division and advance?? Ugh, I know Dodger-haters are loving it right now :pullhair:
lakerevolution

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk