So Tuesday is the big night?

Re: So Tuesday is the big night?

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:28 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:I want Ingram, but so does Philly, in all likelihood.

I would prefer Simmons because he is like a 6'10 Point Guard. He's a guy that can get you 17 Points, 10 Rebounds, and 10 Assists on any given night even without a consistent jump shot. He reminds me of a taller version of Scottie Pippen. The only weakness he has is he struggles with his outside shot but so did players like Magic and LeBron when they entered the league. That is something he can improve on easily though with the right Coaching. If we Draft Ingram I will still be happy too. Cant go wrong with either. In other news we hired Brian Shaw to be Lead Assistant.

I just think Ben Simmons is probably destined to be a superstar, so if he fell to us, I wouldn't complain. Happy either way.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:02 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:I want Ingram, but so does Philly, in all likelihood.

I would prefer Simmons because he is like a 6'10 Point Guard. He's a guy that can get you 17 Points, 10 Rebounds, and 10 Assists on any given night even without a consistent jump shot. He reminds me of a taller version of Scottie Pippen. The only weakness he has is he struggles with his outside shot but so did players like Magic and LeBron when they entered the league. That is something he can improve on easily though with the right Coaching. If we Draft Ingram I will still be happy too. Cant go wrong with either. In other news we hired Brian Shaw to be Lead Assistant.

I just think Ben Simmons is probably destined to be a superstar, so if he fell to us, I wouldn't complain. Happy either way.

Regarding Simmons I do too. I just think within 3 seasons he will be a Top 10 player easily, if not Top 5 if he improves his shot. The same feeling I have that the Cavs will beat the Thunder in 7 if that is the matchup LOL.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Mon May 23, 2016 8:31 am

Lol. 3peat you are easily sold on hype.

Ben Simmons will be good. It's likely that Agee players in this draft have better careers and are more effective over time.
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:44 am

Julius Russell wrote:Lol. 3peat you are easily sold on hype.

Ben Simmons will be good. It's likely that Agee players in this draft have better careers and are more effective over time.

Only time will tell but I seriously doubt 1 player from this Draft will better than Ben Simmons. Ingram could be and if we Draft him I will be ok with it? But I doubt he will be. I am not a Draft Guru but I said Andrew Wiggins would be Good if not Great and I am on the verge of being right. I said Okafor would have a better Rookie Season than Russell and I was right again. I don't want to come off sounding like I am bragging but some things are obvious. For the record when Portland Drafted Oden over Durant I spit my beer out when that happened and told a friend of mine that was a huge monumental mistake. Anyone with half a brain knew Durant should've went #1.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Mon May 23, 2016 10:56 am

Why do you doubt that?

How many #1s end up the best in the draft?
Magic, LeBron, Shaq, AD...maybe
KAT , maybe
Wiggins, maybe.

Time will tell.

Again, the pre draft hype means nothing if you have watched sports for the past 3 decades, you should easily see that.
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:14 am

Julius Russell wrote:Why do you doubt that?

KAT , maybe
Wiggins, maybe.

Time will tell.

Again, the pre draft hype means nothing if you have watched sports for the past 3 decades, you should easily see that.

A fair question to you would be, what makes you think Ben Simmons wont live up to the hype? or be a Great player? There have been many Drafts where I don't think the possible #1 or #2 picks will pan out and I haven't bought into some hypes but regarding Ben I see no reason not to believe that.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Mon May 23, 2016 11:23 am

A ton of question marks. Shooting, desire to win. Are those skills suited to lead a NBA team. Etc.
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:42 am

Julius Russell wrote:A ton of question marks. Shooting, desire to win. Are those skills suited to lead a NBA team. Etc.

His jumpshot doesn't bother me, he can improve that in time like many others have. That is really the only thing people can point too which is funny, so he cant shoot the 3 - Big whoopy. Remember watching LeBron as a Rookie, dude couldn't hit nothing outside of 15 feet. Not even Magic was Good from outside of 15 feet. Regarding desire to win, it's not like he had a Great team around him at LSU, I don't think the talent around him was even Good - it was Average at best and that Coach they have was questioned by many all season.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:18 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Julius Russell wrote:Why do you doubt that?

KAT , maybe
Wiggins, maybe.

Time will tell.

A fair question to you would be, what makes you think Ben Simmons wont live up to the hype? or be a Great player? There have been many Drafts where I don't think the possible #1 or #2 picks will pan out and I haven't bought into some hypes but regarding Ben I see no reason not to believe that.

Ceiling ---> superstar. Floor ---> Michael Beasley?
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:45 pm

tate793 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:Ceiling ---> superstar. Floor ---> Michael Beasley?

Michael Beasley was still a solid ball player. Too many people have him confused with Delonte West or Latrell Sprewell. :roflmao:

In terms of NBA careers:

Sprewell > Beasley = West
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:23 pm

tate793 wrote:All 3 did stupid things, all 3 smoked dope and two of them look alike. They're all skinnier than Cedric Ceballos but they don't know how to operate a PWC.

At least all three smoked dope. I always look for silver linings, too. :beavis:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed May 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Why have any blind or hyped faith in a college kid whose team didn't even participate in March Madness? At least Ingram's Blue Devils won two games in the Tourney, and I put more stock in a Dukey than a Tiger (unless you're a 7ft. 300 lb. center). Simmons could be the next Brandon Roy, the next D'Angelo Russell, the next Steph Curry maybe, but anybody in the first 13 picks could be a future Hall Of Famer. I'm concerned with which veteran is going to want to join us. No Hibberts or Boozers, please. And I don't see Toronto breaking up their Big Three (Lowry, DeRozan, Biyombo). Maybe the Warriors will have a trick or two up their sleeve in letting Barnes and/or Ezeli walk.

Read this about Ben Simmons:

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sp ... blame.html
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:22 am

lakerevolution wrote:Why have any blind or hyped faith in a college kid whose team didn't even participate in March Madness? At least Ingram's Blue Devils won two games in the Tourney, and I put more stock in a Dukey than a Tiger (unless you're a 7ft. 300 lb. center). Simmons could be the next Brandon Roy, the next D'Angelo Russell, the next Steph Curry maybe, but anybody in the first 13 picks could be a future Hall Of Famer. I'm concerned with which veteran is going to want to join us. No Hibberts or Boozers, please. And I don't see Toronto breaking up their Big Three (Lowry, DeRozan, Biyombo). Maybe the Warriors will have a trick or two up their sleeve in letting Barnes and/or Ezeli walk.

I watched several LSU games and Simmons wasn't being used right by the Coaching staff. LSU wasn't a very good team either is why they didn't make the tourney. All they had was him basically and the Coaching staff in some of the games I watched still failed in long stretches to run plays through him. I have no idea why. From what I watched, the kid can do it all and he has impressive length. He struggles with his shot but a lot of players do coming out of college even Magic did. If we end up with Ingram I wont complain though and still be very happy. I don't think we can lose either way.

Simmons averaged 19.2 Points, 11.8 Rebounds, and 4.8 Assists and had a 43 Point game during the season. He also shot 56% and that is due to his ability to get to the basket. The Tigers actually finished 19-14 on the season and 11-7 in the SEC which is decent and it was mainly due to him but it was not a good enough record to make the Tourney.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:14 am

tate793 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Why have any blind or hyped faith in a college kid whose team didn't even participate in March Madness? At least Ingram's Blue Devils won two games in the Tourney, and I put more stock in a Dukey than a Tiger (unless you're a 7ft. 300 lb. center). Simmons could be the next Brandon Roy, the next D'Angelo Russell, the next Steph Curry maybe, but anybody in the first 13 picks could be a future Hall Of Famer. I'm concerned with which veteran is going to want to join us. No Hibberts or Boozers, please. And I don't see Toronto breaking up their Big Three (Lowry, DeRozan, Biyombo). Maybe the Warriors will have a trick or two up their sleeve in letting Barnes and/or Ezeli walk.

Biyombo is "filling in" for Jonas Valanciunas. The Raptors might not be willing to soley rely on Biyombo. JV puts up impressive numbers, on the season, as well. 12.8pts 9.1rebs 1.3blks @ 22.63 PER. He's also only 24yrs old and 3" taller than Biyombo. I got a feeling, Bismack will be intrigued by Hollywood. Plus, it gets cold in Canada!

The Raptors don't have the cap space keep DeRozan, Biyombo and Valanciunas. They could choose to trade V to clear space for Biyombo, should Biz want to stay there. Sure, we could make a play for V, but so can many, many other teams. This summer is going to be wild! We won't wind up with the team that we, the fans, envision. I can assure you that much.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu May 26, 2016 12:40 pm

Good points about Valanciunas -- I was watching the game he went down, he was balling outta control for the Raps. Biyombo's stock has been raised sharply on the national level and I know the newly-energized fan base would shit bricks if their front office threw a wrench into what seems like a team on the verge of being a perennial powerhouse in the East.
lakerevolution

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk