3Peat's list of Greatest Players he has seen live

Re: 3Peat's list of Greatest Players he has seen live

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:33 am

tate793 wrote:Look what was in 3Peat's bathroom, under the Natiponal Geographics! :WTFface:

Gives new meaning to the word peckerwood

Good God! You guys are going to make me go black then I will never go back LOL. Those girls are hot! I never even heard of that magazine, leave it to Rev to know about it :cheers:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed May 11, 2016 5:45 pm

I plead the fifth
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:50 pm

GO THUNDER! :beavis: Big win for Durant's Legacy. It's not a Championship but to knock off the Spurs is still Big! It will be interesting to see how the Warriors handle Durant and Westbrook + the Thunder's overall athleticism.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:43 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:My list of Greatest players I have seen live, basically since I can remember (1977 to now is factored in = 40 seasons of Basketball as of May 9th, 2016). I base it on - Eye test, Stats, Overall games won by a player, Playoff games won, Rings won by a player and how important that player was to winning those rings, League MVP's won by a player, Finals MVP's won by a player, A players clutch play, A players athleticism, A players basketball IQ, What era the player played in, A players longevity, A players leadership, and How dominant a player has been at his position. I am a little biased toward players that played in the 80's I admit but to me that was the best decade of basketball that I have witnessed. My SWEET 16 list:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Kobe Bryant - his 4th place status is secure even if Tim wins #6. Tim is now a minimal Role Player.
5. Larry Bird
6. Tim Duncan
7. Shaq O'Neal
8. LeBron James
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Moses Malone
11. Karl Malone
12. Julius Erving 'DOC'
13. Isiah Thomas
14. Dwyane Wade
15. Charles Barkley
16. Dirk Nowitzki
-Tate, I have Bird higher than Duncan because to me he played in a much tougher era. He would have 5 Rings had he not played against Magic's Lakers. I know all-time statistically Bird doesn't measure up to Duncan or LeBron before you blast my list but you have to factor in every component I listed above and Bird even still has more Rings regarding LeBron 3-2. If LeBron can lead the Cavs to a Title beating the Warriors or Spurs I will put him 5th over Bird, Duncan, and Shaq because that will show me he can win without Wade and he is the best player on his team obviously so his value to his team winning is very high if they win it all. Tate you will win your debate then, I'll say he is better than Bird if that happens.

*I will also add by the Eye test, Steph Curry and Kevin Durant are Hall of Fame players already!

-I had a list like this similar on our old Site and Craig said it was my best work. I just revamped it up a bit and updated everything! I want to see what LeBron does moving forward, his legacy is about winning one for the Land, we will see??

@Nuggs, on my list, Duncan is pretty much where he should be IMO. I can even argue that Shaq was better. He was definitely more dominant inside and if we were doing a Draft I would take Shaq over Duncan or Bird. LeBron can still move up. I already told Tate if LeBron wins this Championship I would put him ahead of Bird at #5 because if he leads his team over the Warriors that would be nothing short of amazing. Winning 1 for Cleveland would be huge for his legacy as well. Kobe won 2 without Shaq, lets see if LeBron can win even 1 without Wade?
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:57 pm

@Nuggs, regarding Wade. He will never be as Great as Jordan or Kobe but out of the SG's I have seen live I rank him 3rd best. I would rank him over players like Drexler and Reggie (although Reggie is the better 3 Point shooter) out of some of the greats that have played the position. I think Jordan and Kobe are in a separate class as those players though that are true SG's.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:00 am

tate793 wrote:
Tate. I have a feeling Heat win in 6 or 7 if that is what it takes over the Raps. Wade isn't losing to those guys. George should've of beat them but the Pacers choked. I fully expect the Heat vs Cavs. I hope Whiteside gets healthy so it's at least a fair fight. Man if Bosh could play that would be more fun.

So, how'd that work out for ya, 3Peat? "lol4:

Kobe won 2 without Shaq, lets see if LeBron can win even 1 without Wade?

And Kobe won 3 before Pau even got here. Lets see if Pau can win even 1 without Kobe? :roflmao:

Pau's not one of the greatest players of all-time and I have never said he is like LeBron is. Pau in his career has been Good to Very Good as a whole but not Great overall, he played Great in the Playoffs in 2009 and 2010 to help us win 2 Rings which I find it puzzling you cant even appreciate?? With the talent LeBron has played with, he should win at least 4 or 5 Championships but yet he is 2-4 in Finals play which is laughable for a Level 1 player. Pau is a Level 3 player (not Top 50 of all-time), not even Level 2 = he is at best the 2nd best player on a contending team and Good to Very Good for his career. LeBron is a Level 1 player and still hasn't won a Title without major help from Wade, Bosh, and Allen. Pau has as many Rings as LeBron does and LeBron has arguably been on deeper teams throughout his career than Pau has. The teams in Miami were loaded and look who has had in Cleveland the last 2 seasons.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:57 am

tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
Pau's not one of the greatest players of all-time and I have never said he is like LeBron is. Pau in his career has been Good to Very Good as a whole but not Great overall, he played Great in the Playoffs in 2009 and 2010 to help us win 2 Rings which I find it puzzling you cant even appreciate?? With the talent LeBron has played with, he should win at least 4 or 5 Championships but yet he is 2-4 in Finals play which is laughable for a Level 1 player. Pau is a Level 3 player (not Top 50 of all-time), not even Level 2 = he is at best the 2nd best player on a contending team and Good to Very Good for his career. LeBron is a Level 1 player and still hasn't won a Title without major help from Wade, Bosh, and Allen. Pau has as many Rings as LeBron does and LeBron has arguably been on deeper teams throughout his career than Pau has. The teams in Miami were loaded and look who has had in Cleveland the last 2 seasons.

Well,then, given that you don't think Pau is a great player (just good to very good), I certainly don't see how you could expect his jersey to be hung up in the rafters at Staples Center. He's certainly not in the class with Wilt, Kareem,Shaq, Magic,Worthy, Baylor, West, Goodrich or Jamaal.

The team Pau was on in Chicago was stacked - Rose, Butler, Taj Gibson, Noah with Thibs as a coach. Plus, being on teams with Kobe, Nash, LO, Dwight, Artest, Fish, Ariza - those are pretty stacked teams.

No, Pau's jersey should be hung because he will make the HOFame based on his NBA career + his Spain career combined and he helped us win 2 Championships. He was a Great Laker for 2 seasons and will be a HOFamer so I think his jersey should be hung. Players like Horry, Fish, Scott, Cooper wont make the HOFame, Pau will.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:04 am

LeBron should've never lost while in Miami. He went there when Wade was still a Top 5 player in the league and Bosh was Top 10-15. They should've been the one's to win 73 and at least won 3 Championships if not 4. LeBron played like absolute garbage against the Mavs in 2011. Jason Terry was even talking shit about him and he still choked. They lost to a Mavs team that had 1 SuperStar in Dirk with having HCA even and they were up 2-1 on top of it!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:18 am

tate793 wrote:Pau's Spain basketball won't have any effect on whether or not he makes the HOF. If they consider the fact that he didn't do jack shit til he got to LA and didn't do jack shit after his 3rd season he (that leaves 4 totally sucking seasons) and the fact that he turned and walked away from LA as a FA, he probably won't make the HOF (takes more than just 2 seasons of decent basketball) and he shouldn't have his jersey hung in the rafters at Staples. He's not in the same class as the players whose jerseys are hung up - you admitted that yourself. He didn't do as much as Fish, Cooper, Eddie Jones, LO, Horry Bynum - so he shouldn't have any more recognition that they did. Pau is the only FA with any success in LA that walked away from the team. I guarantee you the Buss Family, won't forget that. Especially, because he used them as an excuse to walk away, saying they "disrespected" him. Well hell, he disrespected the franchise by sandbagging because he was butt hurt about his girlfriend bonking ShanWOW! :imok:

Tate, It's Basketball HOFame. College career's and over seas play is factored in. Ralph Sampson made it because it was a combination of his College and Pro Career's combined. The NFL does it different, they just base it on a players Pro career but the NBA factors in everything so Pau will make it considering he is Spain's greatest player ever. Making the HOFame is the main criteria as you know getting the jersey retired for the Lakers so I think it will get retired.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:57 am

tate793 wrote:he might get it hung up in Memphis, but not LA or Chicago. When you dick people, they don't turn around and do you favors. Like you said, he was only a "good to very good player".Well, good to very good players don't go into the HOF.

Yes, Good to Very Good Pro but a Great Spain player. They factor that in. Ralph wasn't a Great Pro as a whole, he was Very Good for a brief time and had 1 moment in 1986 where he beat us that was Great but he was one of the best College players ever so he got in.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:46 am

tate793 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/8347861/nba-why-ralph-sampson-hardly-belongs-hall-fame

It's going to make u sick when Pau gets his numbered retired in the rafters wont it? I would bet my ball sack on it that it will happen :roflmao: "lol4: and Pau will make the HOFame because of his Spain play + NBA career so that isn't even an issue. Your hate for Pau cracks me up. I can understand hating Bird because he played for the Celtics but hating the Pauster who helped us win 2 Rings has me scratching my head.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:40 am

tate793 wrote:Players who walk away from a team in free agency don't get their number retired, or their jersey hung in that teams house. You think I'm the only person on earth who thinks Pau sucks and he's a #$%$@#$ **&&#@@$ **&^^ #$#@#$$ %%#$#$%?
Plus no one gives a shit about what he did for Spain. This is America.

Even if Pau's number didn't get retired it wouldn't bother me but I get kick out of how it will bother you because it will probably happen. Pau will first make the HOFame based on having a long Very Good NBA career with 2 Rings and Great Spain career. Just look at players that have worn Lakers uniforms and answer this, who was better than Pau? My list = Magic 1, Kobe 2, Kareem 3, West 4, Baylor 5, Mikan 6, Shaq 7, Wilt 8 and Worthy 9. After that I would argue Pau is next. Goodrich over Pau? Wilkes over Pau? = Nah I don't think so and their #'s are retired. I loved Horry but he wasn't a better Laker than Pau but his shot against SacTown was huge and he was so fucking clutch! Don't rip me for putting Wilt at 8, that is just a Lakers players list, not an overall list. Shaq won 3 Finals MVP's in a row as a Laker so he deserves my ranking! I am the biggest mother fucking Laker fan you will ever chat with and I keep it real, if I thought Pau was a douche I would say it.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:57 am

Tate

By the way I'll take the 1997Jazz over any of these PODUNK turd teams today. I should have Karl rated higher than I do and Stock is Top 25 all-time. That Jazz team would beat the Warriors, Thunder, and Cavs. I have no doubt about it. I know they wouldn't win in Utah!!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:53 pm

tate793 wrote:[quote="3Peatkb24" I am the biggest mother fucking Laker fan you will ever chat with and I keep it real, if I thought Pau was a douche I would say it.
[/u]

I don't care whose mother you fucked, Pau turned his back on LA and walked away. Fuck him. He ain't getting his jersey hung in Staples. If they do hang it up there, I'll personally climb up there and tear it down :roflmao:

He talked shit about the organization, and they ain't gonna forget it.
"They shouldn't have disrespected me"
. Hell, he shouldn't have sandbagged the team and fans, sabotaged playoff games, and wussed out on playing against certain teams.

There ain't no "good to very good" players in the HOF. And there ain't no "good to very good" players jersey's hung up in Staples.

Pau ain't nowhere near Goodrich or Wilkes. Those Golden Bruins have LA pedigree. Both have better stats than Pau, and Silk has more rings. Goodrich was an All Star more times than Pau and I'm sure you know that if 7 Ring Rob ain't up there, or in there, Pau sure as shit ain't getting in. When Pau came back to Staples, with the Bulls, the Lakers gave him his little "thank you" party and, that's the end of it.

He's not a Laker any more. Probably ain't a Bull no more either.[/quote]

Still played 7 seasons for us and helped us win 2 Rings. You act like he played 1 or 2 seasons for us and he stunk it up and bolted. He was a Great Laker for a couple of seasons. When his jersey gets hung I should personally fly down to LA and buy you a ticket to that game so we can attend, I will even buy you a beer at that game :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:05 am

I should just go ahead and say my Top 5 that I have seen live is
1. Jordan
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Kobe
5. LeBron over Bird, Duncan, and Shaq. I think it obvious what is about to happen. Cavs are getting ready to steamroll everyone because the Warriors are playing like bitches. The way the Warriors played last night almost looked phony. They were turning it over at an alarming rate and even Curry was throwing silly passes.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk