3Peat's list of Greatest Players he has seen live

3Peat's list of Greatest Players he has seen live

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:06 pm

My list of Greatest players I have seen live, basically since I can remember (1977 to now is factored in = 40 seasons of Basketball as of May 9th, 2016). I base it on - Eye test, Stats, Overall games won by a player, Playoff games won, Rings won by a player and how important that player was to winning those rings, League MVP's won by a player, Finals MVP's won by a player, A players clutch play, A players athleticism, A players basketball IQ, What era the player played in, A players longevity, A players leadership, and How dominant a player has been at his position. I am a little biased toward players that played in the 80's I admit but to me that was the best decade of basketball that I have witnessed. My SWEET 16 list:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Kobe Bryant - his 4th place status is secure even if Tim wins #6. Tim is now a minimal Role Player.
5. Larry Bird
6. Tim Duncan
7. Shaq O'Neal
8. LeBron James
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Moses Malone
11. Karl Malone
12. Julius Erving 'DOC'
13. Isiah Thomas
14. Dwyane Wade
15. Charles Barkley
16. Dirk Nowitzki
-Tate, I have Bird higher than Duncan because to me he played in a much tougher era. He would have 5 Rings had he not played against Magic's Lakers. I know all-time statistically Bird doesn't measure up to Duncan or LeBron before you blast my list but you have to factor in every component I listed above and Bird even still has more Rings regarding LeBron 3-2. If LeBron can lead the Cavs to a Title beating the Warriors or Spurs I will put him 5th over Bird, Duncan, and Shaq because that will show me he can win without Wade and he is the best player on his team obviously so his value to his team winning is very high if they win it all. Tate you will win your debate then, I'll say he is better than Bird if that happens.

*I will also add by the Eye test, Steph Curry and Kevin Durant are Hall of Fame players already!

-I had a list like this similar on our old Site and Craig said it was my best work. I just revamped it up a bit and updated everything! I want to see what LeBron does moving forward, his legacy is about winning one for the Land, we will see??
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: 3Peat's list of Greatest Players he has seen live

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:53 am

No player I have seen live stands out head and shoulders above the rest like Kobe Bryant. Even when he had off games, it was very clear that he was the most talented player on the court. Is "talented" the equivalent of "best"? Certainly not in every instance, but in this instance, because we got the "best" of Kobe night in and night out, he was the "best" I have ever seen play live.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:12 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:No player I have seen live stands out head and shoulders above the rest like Kobe Bryant. Even when he had off games, it was very clear that he was the most talented player on the court. Is "talented" the equivalent of "best"? Certainly not in every instance, but in this instance, because we got the "best" of Kobe night in and night out, he was the "best" I have ever seen play live.

I honestly think any of the Top 4 I have listed could be #1. I could make a strong argument for any of the 4.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Out of that Top 4, Jordan and Kareem have 6 Rings, Magic and Kobe have 5. Really nobody has the resume that Kareem has though as he won 6 League MVP's and he is the all-time leading scorer in NBA history but Jordan did win 6 Finals MVP's to Kareem's 2. Magic is the best leader and team player out of the 4, and Kobe has the best WOW factor out of the 4.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:26 pm

tate793 wrote:Nobody has done what Kobe has done. Nobody has the charisma or love of the fans that Kobe does. Michael had the personality of a box of corn flakes. Nobody scored 81 pts (other than Wilt, whom you never saw or list). Nobody scored 60 pts in his final game (Michael scored 15). Nobody played 20 years for the same team. Kobe is the GOAT. What really absurd is that you place pigeon poop right behind Kobe. That's laughable. But, that's a closed subject for me. So, no, not any of the four can have an argument made for being the best. No matter what cockamamie criteria you try to twist to put them ahead of Kobe. Only reason you pick Jordan is because Indiana is closer to Chicago than LA. Only reason you pick Kareem is because Milwaukee is closer to Indiana. The only reason you pick Magic is because Michigan is closer to Indiana and because he made a basket ball career outta kicking your hero's ass on the court.

Kobe is the GOAT and don't you forget it! :snapout:

This might be your funniest Post yet. At least I LOL. I don't have much to add really as we have both said our part. I have my list and you have yours. This list is just a list from the players I have seen live, basically when I first started watching so that is why Wilt isn't on it or Russell, Big-O, West, or Elgin. I would like to know how you can rank Kobe over Kareem though? In what criteria is he better than Kareem? Kareem has more Rings 6-5, MVP's 6-1, same amount of Finals MVP's 2-2, more Points, more Rebounds, shot a much higher %, and had the same longevity. Going by the eye test he was just as dominant as Kobe as well. He didn't score 81 in a game but he was unstoppable inside his entire career. The Skyhook is the most unstoppable shot in the history of the game. I know Wilt blocked it a couple of times, a couple of times out of 1000's of attempts it got blocked LOL. Kareem destroyed every Center he ever faced 99% of the time.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:47 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:My list of Greatest players I have seen live, basically since I can remember (1977 to now is factored in = 40 seasons of Basketball as of May 9th, 2016). I base it on - Eye test, Stats, Overall games won by a player, Playoff games won, Rings won by a player and how important that player was to winning those rings, League MVP's won by a player, Finals MVP's won by a player, A players clutch play, A players athleticism, A players basketball IQ, What era the player played in, A players longevity, A players leadership, and How dominant a player has been at his position. I am a little biased toward players that played in the 80's I admit but to me that was the best decade of basketball that I have witnessed. My SWEET 16 list:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Kobe Bryant - his 4th place status is secure even if Tim wins #6. Tim is now a minimal Role Player.
5. Larry Bird
6. Tim Duncan
7. Shaq O'Neal
8. LeBron James
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Moses Malone
11. Karl Malone
12. Julius Erving 'DOC'
13. Isiah Thomas
14. Dwyane Wade
15. Charles Barkley
16. Dirk Nowitzki
-Tate, I have Bird higher than Duncan because to me he played in a much tougher era. He would have 5 Rings had he not played against Magic's Lakers. I know all-time statistically Bird doesn't measure up to Duncan or LeBron before you blast my list but you have to factor in every component I listed above and Bird even still has more Rings regarding LeBron 3-2. If LeBron can lead the Cavs to a Title beating the Warriors or Spurs I will put him 5th over Bird, Duncan, and Shaq because that will show me he can win without Wade and he is the best player on his team obviously so his value to his team winning is very high if they win it all. Tate you will win your debate then, I'll say he is better than Bird if that happens.

*I will also add by the Eye test, Steph Curry and Kevin Durant are Hall of Fame players already!

-I had a list like this similar on our old Site and Craig said it was my best work. I just revamped it up a bit and updated everything! I want to see what LeBron does moving forward, his legacy is about winning one for the Land, we will see??

Curry may already belong but cant see kicking anyone off yet, Dirk? Barkley?
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:09 pm

Heat will win their series, they have Wade. Hopefully Whiteside comes back by the Conference Finals. I would really laugh my ass off if Wade eliminates the Ring Chaser in the Eastern Conference Finals without Bosh even. The guy LeBron had to team up with to get a Ring could eliminate him, that would be the hilarious. Wade looks hungry, if Whiteside comes back look out!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:43 pm

tate793 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
tate793 wrote:Nobody has done what Kobe has done. Nobody has the charisma or love of the fans that Kobe does. Michael had the personality of a box of corn flakes. Nobody scored 81 pts (other than Wilt, whom you never saw or list). Nobody scored 60 pts in his final game (Michael scored 15). Nobody played 20 years for the same team. Kobe is the GOAT. What really absurd is that you place pigeon poop right behind Kobe. That's laughable. But, that's a closed subject for me. So, no, not any of the four can have an argument made for being the best. No matter what cockamamie criteria you try to twist to put them ahead of Kobe. Only reason you pick Jordan is because Indiana is closer to Chicago than LA. Only reason you pick Kareem is because Milwaukee is closer to Indiana. The only reason you pick Magic is because Michigan is closer to Indiana and because he made a basket ball career outta kicking your hero's ass on the court.

Kobe is the GOAT and don't you forget it! :snapout:

This might be your funniest Post yet. At least I LOL. I don't have much to add really as we have both said our part. I have my list and you have yours. This list is just a list from the players I have seen live, basically when I first started watching so that is why Wilt isn't on it or Russell, Big-O, West, or Elgin. I would like to know how you can rank Kobe over Kareem though? In what criteria is he better than Kareem? Kareem has more Rings 6-5, MVP's 6-1, same amount of Finals MVP's 2-2, more Points, more Rebounds, shot a much higher %, and had the same longevity. Going by the eye test he was just as dominant as Kobe as well. He didn't score 81 in a game but he was unstoppable inside his entire career. The Skyhook is the most unstoppable shot in the history of the game. I know Wilt blocked it a couple of times, a couple of times out of 1000's of attempts it got blocked LOL. Kareem destroyed every Center he ever faced 99% of the time.[/qu1 ote]

Simple - personality, likability, charisma, fan favorite, approachable - and that's just off the court. As for on the court, Kobe carried the team for a good portion of his career. He didn't have a great PG feeding him the ball. That's why he and the Mailman are #1 and #2 on the all time scoring list. Oscar, Magic and Stockton. Kobe had DFish, and a bunch of shit for a PG. Clutch, late game and big game performance. Kareem played with 2 superstar (Magic and Worthy) Kobe had Shaq for a 3 peat and a couple good years from gasol. Kobe hit game winner after game winner. Again, no more lists and player comparisons for me.

I was just curious to hear your answer because all the stuff you use against Larry Turd like Stats and Longevity to downgrade him you don't use it when it comes to Kobe vs Kareem? I love Kobe just as much as anyone in here, SEE MY HANDLE but to say he clearly is the best of all-time over Jordan, Magic, or Kareem shows you are biased because you love that player better than everyone else, JMO. Kobe wasn't better than Kareem ON THE COURT in 1 way, if he was name it. He could create his own shot? I guess that is one. I could Google 1000 list and Post them here and not 1 person has Kobe over Kareem. Magic Johnson was better too, he was a much better team player and leader. I have watched all of them live as a Laker fan and I wouldn't say so if it wasn't true. It's opinion but if Magic was in his prime (even 1991 Magic) no way in hell does he play on a team that goes 21-61 and then 17-65. We would've been .500 with Magic at worse and you know this but wont admit it. Magic could make a scrub lineup 20 games better than almost anyone. If Magic led teams didn't win at least 57 games that would've been major news. He won 58 in 1991 with Divac at Center and older Worthy, Green, and Scott on the Roster. + the Lakers made the Finals that season which was his last. It was just Jordan's time, so we lost in the Finals.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:51 am

tate793 wrote:But Magic never played on a shit team like we've had the last few seasons. Whatever, 3 Peat. Google your people and get your 100's of people who agree with you and list it anyway you want. Kenny just told you , Nuggs too, who the best Laker was. Believe whatever you want.

I guess I am in the minority here when it comes to you big wigs because to me Magic and Kareem are both better. Doesn't mean that is a dis against Kobe. I think Kobe was phenomenal and I love the guy. This may be the only place in the world where I can rank Kobe the 4th best player I have ever seen live and catch shit for it. I even have Kobe rated over Turd head, Duncan, Shaq, and LeBron and people still get offended.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:09 am

tate793 wrote:Yep. You're the minority. Podunk.

The only Podunk will be LeBron when Wade beats his ass in the ECFinals "lol4: If Whiteside comes back I can see the Cavs choking cough cough cough OH OH OH OH OH OH as the Miami crowd will chants! Hi my name is LeBron, the only way I can win a Ring is team up with the Great Wade "lol4:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:52 am

By the way Magic could play on a shit team and still have a winning record because he is the best at making people around him better and he could still score when needed too. When Wade wipes your hero LeBron off the map shortly than maybe you will wake up and say Bird is better than LeBron too "lol4: Wade is licking his chops right now. As long as Whiteside gets healthy Heat have a solid chance. I honestly don't get how you or Ken or Nuggs doesn't think Magic could take last years team and be at least .500? I know he could. Not a knock against Kobe but Kobe is more of a one-on-one player. My mother even said Magic wouldn't go 17-65 LOL and she says Magic is the best player that will ever be and ever was when I went over there for Mothers Day. Lakers would've won 42 games if you take Kobe off the Roster and put 1991Magic on it.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:22 am

tate793 wrote:Don't be so sure they will even play eachother. DeRozan, Lowry and Valascunas will not go quietly into the night. Wade is a punk for breaking Kobe's nose during a freakin' All Star Game. What a chump. That's why Lebron left his sorry ass in Miami and went back to Cleveland. I'm sure your mother knows more about basketball than you do, but, the wrong answer. Kobe's the best there ever was and ever will be.

Tate. I have a feeling Heat win in 6 or 7 if that is what it takes over the Raps. Wade isn't losing to those guys. George should've of beat them but the Pacers choked. I fully expect the Heat vs Cavs. I hope Whiteside gets healthy so it's at least a fair fight. Man if Bosh could play that would be more fun.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:37 am

Gigantic rain storm here, I love it. Time to crash out for a while Brethren. Great sleepin weather!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:47 pm

tate793 wrote:Come on Forest, wake up! I need to knock your knickers some more. Podunk. You probly ain't sleep. Just hiding in the bathroom doing shots and looking at National Geograpic magazines.

More like Hustler Magazine but National Geographic will do! :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue May 10, 2016 11:59 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
tate793 wrote:Come on Forest, wake up! I need to knock your knickers some more. Podunk. You probly ain't sleep. Just hiding in the bathroom doing shots and looking at National Geograpic magazines.

More like Hustler Magazine but National Geographic will do! :roflmao:

Tate maybe Black Tail :pissedkobe:
lakerevolution

Next

Return to LakerTalk