2016 Draft and Free Agent Thread

Re: 2016 Draft and Free Agent Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Dwyane Wade getting ready to sign with the Bulls. I really don't have a huge problem with him leaving Miami because he spent 13 seasons there and helped them win 3 Championships + he has took pay cut after pay cut to help bring in other good players. Miami needed to pay the man the money he deserves. Pat Riley has a huge hole to fill now, you can put a fork in Miami for a while. I bet Whiteside wishes he would've signed somewhere else now.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:36 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby NuggetsCountry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:49 am

Jose Caulderon! :roflmao:

That is the Lakers now - scraps of junk to assist other NBA powers to gain prominence steps away from the lowly Lakers! 2nd round picks for fucks sake! :WTFface: Make a fucking trade Mitch! Get someone to put butts in seats. :pissedkobe:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby NuggetsCountry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:08 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I don't see why we get rid of Swaggy now! He is at least entertaining...........and the closest we got to a "star". The kids are kids - that is all.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:39 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

I don't see why we get rid of Swaggy now! He is at least entertaining...........and the closest we got to a "star". The kids are kids - that is all.

At this point, it probably makes more sense to pay him and let him rot. He can be the third string shooting guard behind Clarkson and Lou Williams. The small amount of cap space that the Lakers would eat if he was waived and stretched is probably more important to save than replacing him with another bench warmer. The only concern is whether he'll be in cancerous in the locker room and if so, I think the team can pay him and give him an extended leave of absence.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:28 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:Jose Caulderon! :roflmao:

That is the Lakers now - scraps of junk to assist other NBA powers to gain prominence steps away from the lowly Lakers! 2nd round picks for fucks sake! :WTFface: Make a fucking trade Mitch! Get someone to put butts in seats. :pissedkobe:

Nuggs in a perfect world, we would trade Russell and Randle for Westbrook with Westbrook agreeing to a long term deal = at least 5 years to give Ingram time to develop into a SuperStar. I would love to see a lineup of:
PG Westbrook on a long term deal
SG Clarkson
SF Ingram
PF Nance
C Zubac
With Lou, Deng, Calderon, and Black coming off the bench for more fire power. This team would win at least 35 games next season with just adding Westbrook and Westbrook would make the team exciting to watch again as he is a Top 5 player in the league. If this team stayed together for a while by season 3 we would easily be a Playoff team, probably a Top 4 Seed. Give it 3 seasons and we would pass teams like the Mavs, Grizzlies, Clippers, and Blazers with the lineup I just presented. Spurs will start getting worse eventually as well as they keep aging. I am convinced Ingram will be a Star. I also think Zubac can play a similar role like Mark Eaton did in Utah and be a solid Center in the league. I love Nance's athletic abilty and Clarkson is already Good. I would even throw in Mozgov for Oklahoma to take with Russell and Randle and just start Zubac right away.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:00 pm

Why even bother posting such a ridiculous scenario, 3Peat? Is there something about the mentality of NBA superstars today that you don't understand? He is more likely to take the minimum in Cleveland for one year than agree to any long term deal with a bottom feeder like the Lakers. His biological clock is ticking just like Durant's and he will desperately seek rings, probably starting in San Antonio where he can join Aldridge and Leonard on his quest for #1, and that is only because the LeBrons and Dubs will be capped out (not that they can't easily find a way to make more room). The whole thing has become a fucking joke. You are just going to have to suffer with the Lakers for about 4-5 seasons until our young players hit their prime.

As for the Calderon deal, very smart. Great locker room teammate, too. We got two picks in the deal that we can pawn off on someone else in the future and he is a nice compliment to Lou Williams in what looks like an interesting second unit. Lou and Calderon can score, as can Brandon Ingram. If Lou Williams and Jose Calderon were on the Warriors last season instead of Livingston and Barbosa, I don't see much of a difference. With Nance and Ingram in the front court there's some nice length, and add Black or Randle to that mix and you have an interesting small ball lineup. So while it is easy to mock out the FO for this acquisition, it's an expiring contract plus two picks for nothing that makes a ton of sense.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:20 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Why even bother posting such a ridiculous scenario, 3Peat? Is there something about the mentality of NBA superstars today that you don't understand? He is more likely to take the minimum in Cleveland for one year than agree to any long term deal with a bottom feeder like the Lakers. His biological clock is ticking just like Durant's and he will desperately seek rings, probably starting in San Antonio where he can join Aldridge and Leonard on his quest for #1, and that is only because the LeBrons and Dubs will be capped out (not that they can't easily find a way to make more room). The whole thing has become a fucking joke. You are just going to have to suffer with the Lakers for about 4-5 seasons until our young players hit their prime.

As for the Calderon deal, very smart. Great locker room teammate, too. We got two picks in the deal that we can pawn off on someone else in the future and he is a nice compliment to Lou Williams in what looks like an interesting second unit. Lou and Calderon can score, as can Brandon Ingram. If Lou Williams and Jose Calderon were on the Warriors last season instead of Livingston and Barbosa, I don't see much of a difference. With Nance and Ingram in the front court there's some nice length, and add Black or Randle to that mix and you have an interesting small ball lineup. So while it is easy to mock out the FO for this acquisition, it's an expiring contract plus two picks for nothing that makes a ton of sense.

I posted the scenario because I can see Nuggs is even more frustrated than I am. Like I posted "in a perfect world" so I know my scenario probably wouldn't happen but Nuggs likes my thinking. As fans I think everyone that Posts here and at Tom's daily are diehard's and have had a lot patience because we wouldn't Post everyday if we didn't love the organization. Sitting through 3 seasons of shit is quite a bit. If Russell and Randle cant even help us win 30 games with Drafting Ingram then that isn't showing progress to me. Asking for 30 wins isn't asking for much. I don't feel like sitting through roughly another 20-62 season. So if we go 20-62 will you think we are showing progress? I think really the main difference between you, Craig, Rev, Robert, and I is, I don't have faith in Russell in becoming a SuperStar. I think he will be Good but we need more than that and I am not sure he will ever reach a plateau of being a Star and he should being the #2 pick. I hope I am wrong.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:35 pm

We just re-signed Huertas to a 2 year deal! I like him and it makes sense. He had spurts of solid play last season and is a crafty Vet.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:19 pm

Remember, I'm the one who pays to go to games and schlep all the way from South Orange County to do it, so I should be more upset than anyone but fortunately I don't have a short memory and can trace the origins back to this, which by the way everyone knew following the inking of the 2011 CBA and the CP3 ordeal, just like we knew chips would come when we traded for Pau. It's like people blaming the country's woes on President hwuyat like the inferno he walked into following George W Bush's disastrous presidency didn't exist. So not only am I comfortable where we are at, I have put a reasonable time table on it as opposed the the absurd expectation that rookies and second and third year players are going to blend into something special in one season. HAVING SAID THAT, I would like to see fresh blood in the front office to get rid of the stigma that appears to exist there, whether warranted or not.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:22 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Nuggs in a perfect world, we would trade Russell and Randle for Westbrook with Westbrook agreeing to a long term deal = at least 5 years to give Ingram time to develop into a SuperStar.

Giving up Russell and Randle for ANYONE is suicidal and a slap in the face to the seasons we've endured to earn those top prospects. 3Peat, you know players need time to develop and blossom, and nobody knows how much potential the youngsters have vs. everybody in the league knows what Westbrook is about. Have faith and see a little deeper into this rebuild and climb up the ladder!! When you and I started watching the Lakers, they were a couple seasons removed from drafting Magic and stuck in years of mediocre results. When Magic left in the early 90s we had to endure years of mediocrity until Phil, Shaq and Kobe matured. And the three years between late 05 and early 08 were nothing nice either.

We're on some new improved shit, my comrade! All I care about is what those Green Meanies are doing, fuck every other franchise.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:51 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Nuggs in a perfect world, we would trade Russell and Randle for Westbrook with Westbrook agreeing to a long term deal = at least 5 years to give Ingram time to develop into a SuperStar.

Giving up Russell and Randle for ANYONE is suicidal and a slap in the face to the seasons we've endured to earn those top prospects. 3Peat, you know players need time to develop and blossom, and nobody knows how much potential the youngsters have vs. everybody in the league knows what Westbrook is about. Have faith and see a little deeper into this rebuild and climb up the ladder!! When you and I started watching the Lakers, they were a couple seasons removed from drafting Magic and stuck in years of mediocre results. When Magic left in the early 90s we had to endure years of mediocrity until Phil, Shaq and Kobe matured. And the three years between late 05 and early 08 were nothing nice either.

We're on some new improved shit, my comrade! All I care about is what those Green Meanies are doing, fuck every other franchise.

I just got done meditating and had to clear my mind before I logged backed on. I thought of all the times you and I, Kenny, Craig, Jesus, Tate, Frankie have been through going back to the Hollinger's page and now Nuggs and Robert here too. I see Nuggs frustration and I understand it. Before I do anymore judging I want to see how next season goes and I will leave it at that. I want to see what Luke can do with Russell, Clarkson, and Randle and the potentially Great Ingram at his hands. I like the Deng signing so Free Agency wasn't a total failure either.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:57 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Remember, I'm the one who pays to go to games and schlep all the way from South Orange County to do it, so I should be more upset than anyone but fortunately I don't have a short memory and can trace the origins back to this, which by the way everyone knew following the inking of the 2011 CBA and the CP3 ordeal, just like we knew chips would come when we traded for Pau. It's like people blaming the country's woes on President hwuyat like the inferno he walked into following George W Bush's disastrous presidency didn't exist. So not only am I comfortable where we are at, I have put a reasonable time table on it as opposed the the absurd expectation that rookies and second and third year players are going to blend into something special in one season. HAVING SAID THAT, I would like to see fresh blood in the front office to get rid of the stigma that appears to exist there, whether warranted or not.

I will say this I would take 2 Championships which was in 2009 and 2010 to sacrifice stinking for 4 or 5 years. Hell I went to the Lakers/Pacers game 2 years ago in Indy and the Lakers were down 60-27 at Half. It was Hooters time at that point.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:16 pm

Hooters!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:21 am

lakerevolution wrote:Hooters!

Best Buffalo Shrimp in the USA "lol4:
3Peatkb24