2016 Draft and Free Agent Thread

Re: 2016 Draft and Free Agent Thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:08 pm

By the way if I was the Lakers I am trading for Russell Westbrook. I would give up Randle and Russell for him. Westbrook is a Top 5 player in the league. A lineup of Westbrook, Clarkson, Ingram, Nance, and Mozgov all of the sudden doesn't look that bad with Deng, Lou, and Zubac coming off the bench. If we get Westbrook we will win more than 30 games I guarantee that, maybe 35. He is a lot like Kobe was and that could be a move that turns everything around moving forward, we get him others will come! Ingram is going to be an All-Star in 2 years as well IMO.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:37 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:By the way if I was the Lakers I am trading for Russell Westbrook. I would give up Randle and Russell for him. Westbrook is a Top 5 player in the league. A lineup of Westbrook, Clarkson, Ingram, Nance, and Mozgov all of the sudden doesn't look that bad with Deng, Lou, and Zubac coming off the bench. If we get Westbrook we will win more than 30 games I guarantee that, maybe 35. He is a lot like Kobe was and that could be a move that turns everything around moving forward, we get him others will come! Ingram is going to be an All-Star in 2 years as well IMO.

Forget it, 3Peat. Superstars choose their destination and he is more likely to want to team up with Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge or Thibs is more likely to offer Wiggins and Rubio so he can play with Towns. No, if he wants to be a Laker that badly, he will sign with us next summer. Good luck with that. We need to keep the kids.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:09 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:By the way if I was the Lakers I am trading for Russell Westbrook. I would give up Randle and Russell for him. Westbrook is a Top 5 player in the league. A lineup of Westbrook, Clarkson, Ingram, Nance, and Mozgov all of the sudden doesn't look that bad with Deng, Lou, and Zubac coming off the bench. If we get Westbrook we will win more than 30 games I guarantee that, maybe 35. He is a lot like Kobe was and that could be a move that turns everything around moving forward, we get him others will come! Ingram is going to be an All-Star in 2 years as well IMO.

Forget it, 3Peat. Superstars choose their destination and he is more likely to want to team up with Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge or Thibs is more likely to offer Wiggins and Rubio so he can play with Towns. No, if he wants to be a Laker that badly, he will sign with us next summer. Good luck with that. We need to keep the kids.

That's why we need to trade for him, he has no say so on anything in a trade and yes I would give up Russell and Randle for him in a NewYork second to get that talent to LA. If Presti even wants a Draft pick to go with that then I am doing it! I think he would do that trade rather than risk losing Westbrook for nothing when he becomes a Free Agent. If he becomes a Free Agent of course he wont come here because he will want to go to contender like everyone else so I agree with you there. We need to trade for him and then sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal. A lineup of:
Westbrook
Clarkson
Ingram
Nance
Mozgov
Bench:
Deng
Lou
Zubac
Black
Huertas
-that gives us possibly 35-40 wins and once Ingram gets really good then we go above .500 and Westbrook is still only 29 at that point. If Jimmy and Mitch want to save face they need to pull a deal like that otherwise we are looking at 25 wins and another miserable season being 4 seasons in a row that we are getting laughed at. I am tired of it, I have a lot more patience than most but 4 seasons of not even winning at least 30 games and doing very little regarding trades or Free Agency is a bit frustrating. Westbrook would bring an excitement we haven't had since we won the Championship in 2010, I bet he would average 30 Points a game and be a Triple Double Machine on our squad. Time to think outside box and go for it and play Chess again instead of Checkers.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:43 pm

Pachulia just signed with the Warriors for only 2.9 Mill a year LOL. Well hell, what can you do? He has had a better career than Mozgov and is only 32 but we give Mozgov 16 Million a year.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:17 pm

David West to the Warriors for the league minimum $1.55 million.
lakerevolution

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:19 pm

No way am I renting Westbrook for one season at the cost of 2 of our talented yutes. If he pulls a Dwight Coward on us and only stays one year, The Lakers would be royally fucked!! That would push our rebuild up 3-5 more years. No way. That's too big of a risk. #Patience
Lakers4Life

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:27 pm

Yeah I don't agree with giving away our young promising first-round draft picks for a me-me-me guy (Ok RW does get his triple-doubles). Westbrook was a rookie once, a raw undeveloped talent . . so was Kobe . . so let's let our future stars develop. Or else why did we lose all those games and get those lottery picks? I STILL trust Mitch and I trust that the right FAs will come to us when the time is right.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:38 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:

No way am I renting Westbrook for one season at the cost of 2 of our talented yutes. If he pulls a Dwight Coward on us and only stays one year, The Lakers would be royally fucked!! That would push our rebuild up 3-5 more years. No way. That's too big of a risk. #Patience

If we trade for him we need to sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal which I posted earlier. If he agrees to do that than it's a no brainer. If he doesn't agree to sign long term when the trade is being made then of course I wouldn't do it.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:42 pm

After allstar break Russell had 9 20+ pts games. His average in those games was: 25.9 ppg 3.1 rpg 4.1 apg 1.6 spg on 50.0 FG% 45.6 3P%
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:17 am

Julius Russell wrote:After allstar break Russell had 9 20+ pts games. His average in those games was: 25.9 ppg 3.1 rpg 4.1 apg 1.6 spg on 50.0 FG% 45.6 3P%

A trade most likely wont happen and if it doesn't it is going to be a disappointment. I actually like Russell and Randle despite what some might think. I am just throwing out different scenarios when I trade talk regarding Cousins, Okafor, and now Westbrook. Just to get your guys' input. If we keep everyone I am fine with it, we wont be any good next season but hopefully we see improvement as that is all I can ask for at this point. Even win 25 games that is an 8 game improvement and Russell and Randle improve and Ingram shows promise than I will be ok.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:22 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Julius Russell wrote:After allstar break Russell had 9 20+ pts games. His average in those games was: 25.9 ppg 3.1 rpg 4.1 apg 1.6 spg on 50.0 FG% 45.6 3P%

A trade most likely wont happen and if it doesn't it is going to be a disappointment. I actually like Russell and Randle despite what some might think. I am just throwing out different scenarios when I trade talk regarding Cousins, Okafor, and now Westbrook. Just to get your guys' input. If we keep everyone I am fine with it, we wont be any good next season but hopefully we see improvement as that is all I can ask for at this point. Even win 25 games that is an 8 game improvement and Russell and Randle improve and Ingram shows promise than I will be ok.

And if they traded for Russell Westbrook without any promises that he will re-sign next season, then how would you feel, 3Peat? Come on. Dude will choose his destination and it ain't going to be with a 17 win team with a bunch of infants. He wants to win NOW, just like the rest of them. We are looking at next decade, so enjoy the climb and our stars will align. I would hate to part with our future for a one season rental that won't even get us into the playoffs. That would set us back and be utterly stupid. I don't want the dysfunctional Cousins or the defensive liability Okafor either. It's time to get THIS party started and to let Luke introduce a culture. Believe it or not, with Randle, Clarkson, Russell, Lou Williams, Nance, Anthony Brown and probably Huertas returning, continuity has also begun, which is also important. It's time to keep it together, not break it up.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:18 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

And if they traded for Russell Westbrook without any promises that he will re-sign next season, then how would you feel, 3Peat? Come on. Dude will choose his destination and it ain't going to be with a 17 win team with a bunch of infants. He wants to win NOW, just like the rest of them. We are looking at next decade, so enjoy the climb and our stars will align. I would hate to part with our future for a one season rental that won't even get us into the playoffs. That would set us back and be utterly stupid. I don't want the dysfunctional Cousins or the defensive liability Okafor either. It's time to get THIS party started and to let Luke introduce a culture. Believe it or not, with Randle, Clarkson, Russell, Lou Williams, Nance, Anthony Brown and probably Huertas returning, continuity has also begun, which is also important. It's time to keep it together, not break it up.

#This

Kenny Out!! (drops mic)
Lakers4Life

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:31 pm

"Ray Allen thinking comeback, eyes Cavs and Warriors."

:ragein: :deskbang: :nocomment:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:48 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

I just proofread again what I posted and it was meant to say A trade most likely wont happen and if it doesn't it is NOT going to be a disappointment. If Westbrook promised to re-sign is the only way I would trade for him, of course if he doesn't commit I wouldn't give up 2 potentially Good players and part of our future for him. It isn't going to happen anyway but it was a scenario I wanted to throw out there.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:53 pm

lakerevolution wrote:"Ray Allen thinking comeback, eyes Cavs and Warriors."

:ragein: :deskbang: :nocomment:

Really? If he wants another Ring he better choose the Warriors then because even if he goes to the Cavs that wont be enough to beat the Warriors. Pau going to the Spurs should keep the Spurs in the hunt as well as the other team that could possibly win it all. Manu is coming back for 1 more season as well. Leonard, Aldridge, Parker, Green, and Pau as your primary players isn't too shabby with Pop Coaching!
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk