2016 Draft and Free Agent Thread

Re: 2016 Draft and Free Agent Thread

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:01 pm

That generation isn't coming here.

The KD's, Dwights, Westbrook's aren't coming.

Maybe the Wiggins era
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Julius Russell wrote:That generation isn't coming here.

The KD's, Dwights, Westbrook's aren't coming.

Maybe the Wiggins era

We are fucked Robert. The Warriors will steamroll everyone now. It's not our time so lets just enjoy the rebuild. Ingram has me wanting to watch, I think he can turn into a Durant type player.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:25 pm

I really hate to say this, but another top 3 pick is more likely than massive improvement next season. Time for a change at the top. I'm not going to bash Mitch or Jim because of the seasons they steered us to chips, but Mitch Kupchak's time has come and gone and just the appearance of incompetence of Jim, whether warranted or not, is enough for Jeanie to show him the door. We need modern day basketball minds in the front office. Perhaps Jeanie should promote Ryan West to GM. I don't know.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:11 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:I really hate to say this, but another top 3 pick is more likely than massive improvement next season. Time for a change at the top. I'm not going to bash Mitch or Jim because of the seasons they steered us to chips, but Mitch Kupchak's time has come and gone and just the appearance of incompetence of Jim, whether warranted or not, is enough for Jeanie to show him the door. We need modern day basketball minds in the front office. Perhaps Jeanie should promote Ryan West to GM. I don't know.

I agree - time for new blood, whether GM on up and/or new ownership. I have been saying this for years............... Mitch needs to go and Jimmy needs to go back to race horses.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:14 pm

How would any GM convince KD, who is 28/9 to play with guys who can't buy alcohol legally?

Did he join the Warriors his last FA? No!!

You know why?

Stop panicking. We are fucked? The delusion of this fanbase used to be cute. Now it's disturbing.

Celtics started their rebuild two years earlier and the prize this year was Horford.

That's neat!

IF Ingram, Russell, Randke, Clarkson ALL grow together, we'll be that team in a few years.

This is the first season we won't have KOBE.

LeBron, Durant were always next up. This is their decade. We've known that for years. What's unique is how Curry threw himself in the fold.

I think next season or maybe mid season, Chris Paul will be on a true contender. That could be the Clippers or maybe Heat.

Just gotta feeling this is similar to the Gasol trade that had league making major changes.

Difference being Warriors going to have worst record than last season.

Funny how Len is overreacting. Mitch was supposed to do what exactly?

Let me take over:
Had he gotten IT and Lance, kept Ed Davis and Farmar and not went after big fish, we'd have no Russell or Ingram. We'd have something like

IT
Buddy Hield
Lance
Randle
Ed Davis

Brandon Jennings
Clarkson
Etc

Aka enough to dump for Cousins and nothing more.

Man, who everyone should be mad at is Dan Gilbert.

Mitch is a genius at this. So much so that this entire CBA was aimed at his brilliance.

Lakers made so much money for these shitty owners to overpay the likes of Evan Turner.
Julius Russell

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Nice post Robert, but I'm not overreacting. Mitch Kupchak was a great GM. He has lost his touch. Just like everyone saw LMA going to the Spurs last season before he made it official, he should have seen Durant's move and sat back like Cuban's GM did. Give me Harrison Barnes and Bogut's expiring contract over what Mitch did. Mitch doesn't play chess well anymore and his best years are behind him. I definitely agree that we should be focusing on the growth of our young core, but we'll be a 20 win team again next season vying for another top 3 pick. I do not have a problem with that because we should be looking 4-5 seasons ahead, but it is the present day moves that are questionable. There could have been different place mats at center and small forward. I do like their leadership qualities and I also like how they are supposed to fit into Luke's vision, but meh. We'll see. Wanting new blood in the front office doesn't make me a non-believer of what Mitch as been as a GM; I just believe that he's a bit out of step, that's all. We shall see what happens.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:22 pm

I think Luke had input.

Your whole premise is still built on snagging guys in FA. Which is what Cuban has struck out on forever. If LeBron didn't puss out in a way no superstar ever has, including the bad performance from KD in recent series, and the recent Curry meltdown,Cuban would be a ringless joke.

I digress.

We knew that snagging Ingram or Ben would prolong the rebuild bit agreed that those type of talents were worth it.

Last year we were fortunate to get some vintage Kobe ( GW, throwback 7 game stretch, 60 point game)and some outstanding youth games ( Julius triple double, Julius 25/15 game, Russell 39 points 8 3s. Russell GW, Julius GW) and STILL GET Ingram.
Kobe wasn't able to ruin a young coach.

Sure we don't know if Ingram or Russell will be superstars or if Randle or Clarkson will be All Stars.

But the journey is the thing.
Julius Russell

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:53 pm

You tell 'em Julius Robert Russell. I'd rather keep it family and struggle to get back to the Gold Standard than sell to some "I know what to do!" corporate scum who never sniffed an O'Brien.

We're good. Our ONLY competition is Leprechaun Ainge and his Green Menace. Anything else can go sit and spin, for my taste. Luke wants 30+ wins and I feel he'll get this team in shape by January. Then Mitch and Co. can grab a player who is happy now but won't be come the trade deadline.

We musn't let feelings rule our feelings.

GO LAKERS.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:38 am

Julius Russell wrote:Your whole premise is still built on snagging guys in FA.

Mozgov was substantially overpaid. Deng was substantially overpaid. THE LAKERS FRONT OFFICE'S whole premise has been built around snagging guys in free agency and now they are 0 for 3 for all intents and purposes and regardless of what you or I believe about the front office, the perception out there is that the Lakers are a joke and it appears to have spread throughout the league. So we wind up overpaying character guys like Deng and Mozgov to help develop the yutes. I might have gone for a flyer on RFAs Allen Crabbe or Moe Harkless over Deng and just roll with it if we whiffed. Or why not get a guy like Cole Aldrich for much cheaper or throw the max at Biyombo? I realize that Mitch/Luke knew what they wanted and why they wanted it and are probably thinking two or three moves ahead, BUT the contracts are too high and too long. I just think that Mitch is out of step at this point.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:51 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
Julius Russell wrote:Your whole premise is still built on snagging guys in FA.

Mozgov was substantially overpaid. Deng was substantially overpaid. THE LAKERS FRONT OFFICE'S whole premise has been built around snagging guys in free agency and now they are 0 for 3 for all intents and purposes and regardless of what you or I believe about the front office, the perception out there is that the Lakers are a joke and it appears to have spread throughout the league. So we wind up overpaying character guys like Deng and Mozgov to help develop the yutes. I might have gone for a flyer on RFAs Allen Crabbe or Moe Harkless over Deng and just roll with it if we whiffed. Or why not get a guy like Cole Aldrich for much cheaper or throw the max at Biyombo? I realize that Mitch/Luke knew what they wanted and why they wanted it and are probably thinking two or three moves ahead, BUT the contracts are too high and too long. I just think that Mitch is out of step at this point.

This is basically what I have been saying, great Post Ken. I do like the Deng signing though.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:01 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I do like the Deng signing though.

I like it, but because we are bottom feeders, we had to overpay.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Ken, you will really love this - David West just agreed to sign with the Warriors :roflmao: That team might go 82-0.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:36 pm

The NBA-AAU-WWE continues.

One problem is that these guys get paid so much money, now, that they all can play for free to ring chase. 99.999999% of humanity would take the million every NBA player has in the bank (unless they are morons) and take a runner at a ring, for a bag of chips. So, we overpay for stiffs, and the AAU teams get zero cost All-Stars. Seems something needs to happen in next CBA for this to change. Otherwise, I am done watching this fiasco. There is no proportionality left. They should just chose up sides down at the park with all the East & West All-Stars (past & present), and play a 15 games series for the LOB. This version of the NBA has no relevance to prior records and achievements of actual teams not formed by conspiracy or discount.

My only hope is KARMA fucks them in the ass and several key Warriors go down with season ending injuries.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:45 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:The NBA-AAU-WWE continues.

One problem is that these guys get paid so much money, now, that they all can play for free to ring chase. 99.999999% of humanity would take the million every NBA player has in the bank (unless they are morons) and take a runner at a ring, for a bag of chips. So, we overpay for stiffs, and the AAU teams get zero cost All-Stars. Seems something needs to happen in next CBA for this to change. Otherwise, I am done watching this fiasco. There is no proportionality left. They should just chose up sides down at the park with all the East & West All-Stars (past & present), and play a 15 games series for the LOB. This version of the NBA has no relevance to prior records and achievements of actual teams not formed by conspiracy or discount.

:roflmao: This sounds like one of my rants. I personally think it's funny that the Warriors are loading up because LeBron always does it, so if he can do it I say go for it Warriors. Since I know we have no chance of winning it all this doesn't bother me much. It's not good for the league but LeBron started it all. Hey LeBron, Checkmate!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:03 pm

I was talking with a friend of mine about Salary Cap stuff and he was telling me teams can go above the Cap if they are willing to pay the Luxury Tax. So let me ask the forum this, why is Dan Gilbert willing to do so and we aren't? Danny boy does it and gets an all-star team in Podunk, Cleveland but Jimmy doesn't do it in LA. Strange to me. The Cavs spent 105,000,000 on players last season and the Cap was 70,000,000. We spent 72,000,000 on players. Luxury tax is expensive I get that but these billionaire owners can bite the bullet at times IMO if they want a winner. The Clippers spent 95,000,000 on players last season and we spent 72,000,000. I noticed the Pacers were at 71,000,000 as well. Ballmer even goes over LOL but these other teams don't.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk