2016 NBA Playoff Thread

Re: 2016 NBA Playoff Thread

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue May 24, 2016 8:51 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:The Warriors are getting the crap kicked out of them. Just mind boggling!

It looks like OKC is on a mission this year! I guess they're tired of losing every year. Weren't they supposed to be who The Warriors were last year a decade ago? In many ways it's about freaking time! ..... Can I get an Amen?

They are finally healthy. They are actually better than the Cavs on paper IMO but they wont have HCA if those two play and the last time LeBron played Durant in the Finals, Heat beat them easily 4-1 but of course Wade was Great in that series giving LeBron huge help. The Thunder are the most loaded team in the league in reality. They have 2 of the Top 5 players in the league and 3 Big's to complement them in Ibaka, Adams, and Kanter. They should beat the Cavs in 6 in a series but probably will lose in 7 :roflmao:

In all actuality, I'd rather OKC win it all than any other team left in these playoffs. (If not them then Toronto). I definitely don't want The Cavs.

OKC is playing great. I think that they're on to something. They look like a team of destiny.
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue May 24, 2016 8:55 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:So what's going to be The Warriors excuse after tonight's ass whoopin'?

So much for small ball taking over the league. Thunder are winning with size! Ibaka, Adams, Kanter, and Durant are all 6'10 or better. Warriors cant handle their length. Thunder are destroying them on the Boards in this series and smothering them Defensively.

The Warriors are turning the ball over way too much. The Thunder ' length is bothering the champs. I think The Warriors win game 5. Then OKC comes out so strong at home in game 6 that the Warriors can't recover. = BLOWOUT
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:The Warriors are getting the crap kicked out of them. Just mind boggling!

It looks like OKC is on a mission this year! I guess they're tired of losing every year. Weren't they supposed to be who The Warriors were last year a decade ago? In many ways it's about freaking time! ..... Can I get an Amen?

They are finally healthy. They are actually better than the Cavs on paper IMO but they wont have HCA if those two play and the last time LeBron played Durant in the Finals, Heat beat them easily 4-1 but of course Wade was Great in that series giving LeBron huge help. The Thunder are the most loaded team in the league in reality. They have 2 of the Top 5 players in the league and 3 Big's to complement them in Ibaka, Adams, and Kanter. They should beat the Cavs in 6 in a series but probably will lose in 7 :roflmao:

In all actuality, I'd rather OKC win it all than any other team left in these playoffs. (If not them then Toronto). I definitely don't want The Cavs.

OKC is playing great. I think that they're on to something. They look like a team of destiny.

Yeah I want the Thunder to win it all too. I just hope they don't choke against the Cavs if that is the matchup. They have to beat them in 6 if they play. The Thunder look like the best team out there as of today so we will see. They are so much more athletic than everyone including the Cavs and have so much more length that it is almost comical. I thought the Warriors would beat the Thunder just based on their shooting and having HCA but it looks like the Warriors are done.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue May 24, 2016 8:59 pm

By the way......

Teams that take a 3-1 lead in the conference finals are 37-2 in NBA history.....Hmmmm..
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:06 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:By the way......

Teams that take a 3-1 lead in the conference finals are 37-2 in NBA history.....Hmmmm..

Thank God for Robert Horry in 2002 LOL
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue May 24, 2016 9:17 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:

Big Shot Horry vs Kings.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:22 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

Big Shot Horry vs Kings.jpg

Yep if we lose that we are down 3-1 and it's over, it changed the whole series! They still won Game 5 but we won Game 6 at home which I knew we would. That put all the pressure on Sac to win Game 7. We had Kobe/Shaq/Phil and in a 1 game situation I trusted that and we won.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue May 24, 2016 9:33 pm

Billy Donovan's defensive preparation and adjustments on the fly are setting him apart from Steve Kerr
Lakers4Life

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:07 am

This is 3Peat's post, not mine:

A team that just won 73 games is going to lose in the WCFinals. That is a shocking story in itself! Not only are they losing, they are getting trounced. They just lost 133-105 and 118-94. I will find it very strange if the Thunder win this series then all of the sudden play like Doo in the Finals. If they can beat the Spurs they way they did and now playing like this against the Warriors, there is no reason in hell they shouldn't be able to roll the Cavs. It is the NBA though, where rigged shit happens LOL, remember when the 2004 Lakers beat the Spurs 4 straight and beat the Wolves 4-2 without having HCA, then we lose to a Pistons team (and we had HCA) that barely got by the Nets in the Semi-Finals 4-3. That Pistons team was so inconsistent on Offense, bad at times but the REFS took care of that by putting them at the line twice as much as us. You just never know. I don't bet but the smart bet is too put your thousands on the Cavs to win in 7 over the Thunder, after that happens I want you guys to frame this Post and rank it as the best ever. Cavs aren't anywhere near the team the Thunder are but it will still happen because the league, media, and REFS love LeBron's nut sack and it would be the COOLEST story in the world that Cleveland finally wins a Title. :roflmao: Durant is just as great if not even better than LeBron at this point in their career's, Westbrook is better than Irving, and the Thunder's Big's smoke the Cavs Big's.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:13 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:This is 3Peat's post, not mine:

A team that just won 73 games is going to lose in the WCFinals. That is a shocking story in itself! Not only are they losing, they are getting trounced. They just lost 133-105 and 118-94. I will find it very strange if the Thunder win this series then all of the sudden play like Doo in the Finals. If they can beat the Spurs they way they did and now playing like this against the Warriors, there is no reason in hell they shouldn't be able to roll the Cavs. It is the NBA though, where rigged shit happens LOL, remember when the 2004 Lakers beat the Spurs 4 straight and beat the Wolves 4-2 without having HCA, then we lose to a Pistons team (and we had HCA) that barely got by the Nets in the Semi-Finals 4-3. That Pistons team was so inconsistent on Offense, bad at times but the REFS took care of that by putting them at the line twice as much as us. You just never know. I don't bet but the smart bet is too put your thousands on the Cavs to win in 7 over the Thunder, after that happens I want you guys to frame this Post and rank it as the best ever. Cavs aren't anywhere near the team the Thunder are but it will still happen because the league, media, and REFS love LeBron's nut sack and it would be the COOLEST story in the world that Cleveland finally wins a Title. :roflmao: Durant is just as great if not even better than LeBron at this point in their career's, Westbrook is better than Irving, and the Thunder's Big's smoke the Cavs Big's.

Thanks Ken for moving it. I keep fucking up and Posting Playoff Posts on the other Thread LOL.

I think my Post is spot on too :roflmao: Watch the Cavs win in 7 over the Thunder! That is my pick as of today. I really don't believe the NBA is rigged but the REFS do influence games somewhat and we all know that. I have no idea what is going on with the Warriors??
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:26 am

It ain't over, although it seems like it is. The Warriors did win 73 games this season and defeated OKC the 3 times they played in the regular season. If any team can come back from a 3-1 deficit, it's GS, but Steph has to be healthy. I am not predicting that this will happen .. far from it. I'm just saying that chickens should not be counted quite yet.

I will also say this about KD vs. LBJ. LeBron is 31 with a ton of mileage. KD is in his prime at 27 and had the "benefit" of resting his body last season with that foot injury. Russell Westbrook is also 27. As we all know, 27 happens to be the magic number when athletes seem to peak and win chips. It has been the magic number in both MLB and the NBA and I wouldn't be surprised if the same held true in the NFL.

Again, none of this is over, but you may very well be prophetic, 3Peat. LeBron appears to have his best shot at Ring #3 right now and it ain't quite over for Steph & Company yet. That's why they play the games!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:46 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:It ain't over, although it seems like it is. The Warriors did win 73 games this season and defeated OKC the 3 times they played in the regular season. If any team can come back from a 3-1 deficit, it's GS, but Steph has to be healthy. I am not predicting that this will happen .. far from it. I'm just saying that chickens should not be counted quite yet.

I will also say this about KD vs. LBJ. LeBron is 31 with a ton of mileage. KD is in his prime at 27 and had the "benefit" of resting his body last season with that foot injury. Russell Westbrook is also 27. As we all know, 27 happens to be the magic number when athletes seem to peak and win chips. It has been the magic number in both MLB and the NBA and I wouldn't be surprised if the same held true in the NFL.

Again, none of this is over, but you may very well be prophetic, 3Peat. LeBron appears to have his best shot at Ring #3 right now and it ain't quite over for Steph & Company yet. That's why they play the games!

If anything it gives us something to talk about because I am in shock the Warriors are getting man handled and this is LeBron's best shot at getting a Ring for the Cavs because he will have HCA and everyone is healthy. Love is a little banged up but is playing. You are right 27 is the perfect age for players and Boxers, etc.. That is when athlete's are in their dead prime. They are still young but have experience in their craft by then. Peyton was 29 when he won his first SB, Jordan 27 when he first won a Title. Sure there are exceptions but to me 27 is the absolute perfect age when a player should start dominating. LeBron is a better player all-time over Durant but Durant is now entering his prime at 27 so he is just as great going by just today's play. I think the Thunder have the advantage at almost every position to be honest except I will say LeBron/Durant is even. Westbrook is better than Irving and I like Ibaka's Defense compared to Love's 3 point shooting. Love has way too many games where his shooting stinks. I would take Adams over any Center the Cavs have too.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Wed May 25, 2016 9:14 am

I like an old Kenny Smith adage- when you get beat by more than 7-8 points, it's not the coaching.

I'm looking at Steph take bad shots, and miss good ones.

I'm seeing Draymond getting man handled.

The thing is Stephen Adams was drafted higher and is just a better big man.
KD is so long and quick, he's getting steals and blocks like a true big mixed with a great wing.

Russell is relentless and there is a reason why Steph has only been ranked ahead of him during this D'Antoni-Nash like run with Kerr playing D'Antoni.
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:35 am

Julius Russell wrote:I like an old Kenny Smith adage- when you get beat by more than 7-8 points, it's not the coaching.

I'm looking at Steph take bad shots, and miss good ones.

I'm seeing Draymond getting man handled.

The thing is Stephen Adams was drafted higher and is just a better big man.
KD is so long and quick, he's getting steals and blocks like a true big mixed with a great wing.

Russell is relentless and there is a reason why Steph has only been ranked ahead of him during this D'Antoni-Nash like run with Kerr playing D'Antoni.

Not too many series shock me because generally the best team wins a series. A team has to lose 4 games is why unlike the NFL but I am in shock a 73 win team is getting destroyed like this being healthy. Not since the Rockets beat the Lakers 4 straight after the Lakers won Game 1 big in the 1986 Conference Finals have I been this shocked. Craig brought out a stat that teams are 37-2 in Conference Finals when up 3-1. That is just overwhelming! I know that the Celtics beat the Sixers in 1981 after falling down 3-1 in the East Finals but not sure what the other one is. Teams in NBA Finals have never won falling down 3-1, they are 0-32. So in the Final 4 teams are 2-69 when falling down 3-1. Warriors have a 2.8% chance to win this series based on the 2-69 stat.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:15 am

Everytime I talk bad about Kevin Love he makes me look like a jackass and everytime I talk bad about the Raptors they do too. So I will just say the Raptors SUCK! Now maybe they will win Game 6 because of my words :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk