Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:38 am

(16-63)Image at Image(38-41)

Sunday, April 10, 2016, 12:30 PM PDT
Toyota Center, Houston, TX

Referees: Tony Brothers, Marat Kogut, Mark Lindsay

Line: Rockets -13.5

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT ROCKETS

By BRETT HUSTON, by NBA.com

The Houston Rockets didn't go into their final four games in control of their playoff chances, but they did enter that stretch knowing that facing four of the worst teams in basketball gave them a great chance to keep the pressure on.

So far, so ugly.

After blowing a big lead in their first game against a lottery-bound lightweight, the Rockets desperately need to bounce back Sunday against the visiting Los Angeles Lakers or they may be bidding farewell to their postseason hopes along with Kobe Bryant.

The Rockets (38-41) blew a chance to pull even with Dallas in Wednesday's 88-86 road loss, then went out and blew a 13-point second-half lead to woeful Phoenix in a 124-115 defeat a night later. They're now three games behind the seventh-place Mavericks and a game behind eighth-place Utah.

"It's frustrating," James Harden said after Houston shot 56.8 percent in a loss for the first time since 1993. "Sums up our season."

Considering the competition, a lack of effort seems to be at least partly to blame. The Rockets were outrebounded 47-26 and allowed 36 second-chance points. No NBA team has given up more since November 2009.

"We've been doing too much talking," Harden said. "Now we've got to go out there and actually play well."

Houston could have been facing a two-game deficit for the eighth spot had Utah not managed to lose at home Friday to a Clippers team that rested Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan and J.J. Redick.

That reprieve won't mean much if the Rockets can't close with wins over the Lakers (16-63) and fellow lottery clubs Minnesota and Sacramento. Utah visits Denver and the Lakers with a home game against Dallas in between, and Houston will win the tiebreaker should they finish even due to a better conference record.

First, the Rockets get their chance to spoil one of Bryant's last few days in the NBA. He shot 54.1 percent in the first three meetings and had games of 25 and 22 points, but that made very little difference as Houston won three blowouts by an average of 22.

Bryant went just 4 of 15 from the field in 22 minutes Friday at New Orleans, where a 110-102 loss overshadowed 32 points from D'Angelo Russell and 26 from Jordan Clarkson.

Byron Scott wasn't paying much attention to his starting backcourt's offense, however.

"Defensively they were both awful," he said. "And two assists between the two of them ain't good. We've got to do a better job sharing the ball."

Scott's logic hasn't quite held up in this series. The Lakers have assisted on 63 percent of their field goals against the Rockets - well above their Western Conference-worst 51.1 season rate - but they've still only managed 93 points per 100 possessions against one of the league's worst defensive clubs.

Houston has outrebounded Los Angeles by 12.3 per game and held a 66-26 edge in second-chance points. Dwight Howard has averaged 16 points and 14 boards while Clint Capela is at 12.3 points and 11 rebounds per game.

Howard's offense has virtually disappeared of late, though, even prompting speculation that his teammates are freezing out a player who's expected to opt out of his contract in the offseason. He's averaged 8 points and just 5.4 field-goal attempts in his last eight games, going 12 for 40 (30 percent) from the free-throw line.

http://www.nba.com/games/20160410/LALHOU/gameinfo.html
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Gm 80: Lakers at Rockets GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:39 am

Wouldn't it be nice if Kobe and the shitty infants could find a way to knock the Rockets out of the playoffs today? Of course, I'll be watching The Masters.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:00 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if Kobe and the shitty infants could find a way to knock the Rockets out of the playoffs today? Of course, I'll be watching The Masters.

The Masters was must-see-TV yesterday! I'll be doing the same. I'll watch Kobe's last game live (non-DVR).
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:12 pm

Leaders in GIR and avg. distance off the tee are sitting #1 and #2 right now. Poor Spieth, that quad-bogey killed him.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:18 pm

To continue your post from the Pelicans thread, 3Peat, do you think Phil would return to the Lakers? And don't you think D'Angelo has been pretty good for a rookie expected to lead this team for years? I think he has great growth potential - he and Randle are our Steph and Draymond, for better or worse. His idiotic "snitch" stunt will keep him in Kobe-hater status for the rest of his career with Laker-haters, but as long as he can go out and put up 20+ and get assists and rebounds, his defense will have to improve and I think surrounding him with more talented players will work out.

Yeah, and whoop on these filthy rockettes. Checking in.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:21 pm

2 more games left. Kobe had 35 Points. Another loss though so that puts us 16-64. I slept through the game because I worked all night last night and have to go back in tonight.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:27 pm

lakerevolution wrote:To continue your post from the Pelicans thread, 3Peat, do you think Phil would return to the Lakers? And don't you think D'Angelo has been pretty good for a rookie expected to lead this team for years? I think he has great growth potential - he and Randle are our Steph and Draymond, for better or worse. His idiotic "snitch" stunt will keep him in Kobe-hater status for the rest of his career with Laker-haters, but as long as he can go out and put up 20+ and get assists and rebounds, his defense will have to improve and I think surrounding him with more talented players will work out.

Yeah, and whoop on these filthy rockettes. Checking in.

Not sure what the answer is at this point? We are a mess. Yeah Russell deserves some slack because he's a rookie and most rookie's struggle but I cant answer if he's the guy to lead us in the future to anything big. As far as Coaches go I would like a Defensive minded Coach like Thibbs to come in, I would take him over Byron at this point. I am not even sure Phil can get us out of this mess. We need to have a very successful offseason, be aggressive, and hope we keep that Top 3 pick.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:04 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if Kobe and the shitty infants could find a way to knock the Rockets out of the playoffs today? Of course, I'll be watching The Masters.

Jazz won today so they are 40-40, Rockets sit at 39-41 for the 8th spot. Rockets have the tiebreaker but if the Jazz win out they are in and the Rockets are out or if they just win 1 more game and the Rockets lose 1, Rockets are out. Even if the Rockets get in it will be fun watching the Warriors blow their doors off LOL.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk