New blog information, instructions, and mods

Re: New blog information, instructions, and mods

Postby NuggetsCountry » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:57 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Nuggs is there a way to change the Avatars to 90X90 or less? I tried to change mine to the cheerleader you posted but it's at 110X73. I also tried my old Byron one but it's too big.

I can, but basically, the way a post shows up, there is plenty of room for your avatar anyway. Try it, and if it still is a problem, then I'll change the avatar. I don't know which one you are working with, but I'll see once you update it.

When you set up your Avatar there is a setting called: "Avatar dimensions:" where you can limit it to whatever you want. Remember to keep the proportions.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:06 pm

It's the small pic of the cheerleader in yellow/gold. The dimensions are 73X110. I downloaded it to my computer and even typed in 90X90 for my dimensions and then hit submit but it wont work.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:07 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Oh ok thanks Nuggs. So far so good on this site. I do miss the comfort and familiarity of the previous one but now we control the horiz. and the vert. so that's a tremendous plus. :bowdown:

yeah - unfortunately we have no copy of the old site, so I am just guessing and working with whatever I have for our current baseline. I am trying to get more features in that are handy, like: I added a lot more smilies :WTFface: , which need feedback as to order or ones way down the list I should bring up top.

Other than that, we do have control over what happens to it now. I like having the schedule button handy, which I asked for a while back. Anyway, we need to get people using it or my efforts are wasted...............

Plus there are some great avatars available on the site I wish other members would utilize!Image OR Image
Code: Select all
[img]http://truelakersfans.com/images/avatars/gallery/more/yowza.jpg[/img]  OR [img]http://truelakersfans.com/images/avatars/gallery/comics_and_humor/aCo_MatrixNeo.gif[/img]

Yowza
3Peatkb24

How to change your Avatar

Postby NuggetsCountry » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:26 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:It's the small pic of the cheerleader in yellow/gold. The dimensions are 73X110. I downloaded it to my computer and even typed in 90X90 for my dimensions and then hit submit but it wont work.

It is already in the gallery - you do not need to download it.
Here is how to change avatars (for everyone):
User Control Panel:Profile:Edit avatar:Display gallery:Category (pick one):Go:(pick an avatar by clicking on the button below the chosen image):Submit
DONE!

If ya want to limit the size:
User Control Panel:Profile:Edit avatar:Display gallery:Category (pick one):Go:(pick an avatar by clicking on the button below the chosen image):Avatar dimensions:20:(tab):40:Submit
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Re: How to change your Avatar

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:56 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:It's the small pic of the cheerleader in yellow/gold. The dimensions are 73X110. I downloaded it to my computer and even typed in 90X90 for my dimensions and then hit submit but it wont work.

It is already in the gallery - you do not need to download it.
Here is how to change avatars (for everyone):
User Control Panel:Profile:Edit avatar:Display gallery:Category (click the pulldown arrow here for a different Category, and pick one):Go:(pick an avatar by clicking on the button below the chosen image):Submit
DONE!

If ya want to limit the size:
User Control Panel:Profile:Edit avatar:Display gallery:Category (pick one):Go:(pick an avatar by clicking on the button below the chosen image):Avatar dimensions:20:(tab):40:Submit

It's simple enough but when I hit display gallery, all I am getting is a bunch of faces, monsters, tanks, etc.. There are no cheerleaders or players in the gallery. I have even tried typing in the 20 by 40 like you suggested from the pics I have downloaded and it still doesn't work. You explained it thoroughly but my display isn't showing any pics like cheerleaders when I go to user control panel and hit display.
3Peatkb24

Re: How to change your Avatar

Postby NuggetsCountry » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:04 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
It's simple enough but when I hit display gallery, all I am getting is a bunch of faces, monsters, tanks, etc.. There are no cheerleaders or players in the gallery. I have even tried typing in the 20 by 40 like you suggested from the pics I have downloaded and it still doesn't work. You explained it thoroughly but my display isn't showing any pics like cheerleaders when I go to user control panel and hit display.

That is because your are looking at the Halo avatars (default) category. Change the pull down in Category to "more", then select your avatar.
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:12 pm

Thanks. I actually like yours better :beavis:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:21 pm

I am going to have some fun with this at work later and go through all the Avatar's. Nuggs you rule!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Hopefully we start winning so more people will start Posting. I will do my part as this Site is excellent. I am as down as anyone else in here and even have a double whammy going on with the Colts playing badly too but I will be here on game nights.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:40 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Hopefully we start winning so more people will start Posting. I will do my part as this Site is excellent. I am as down as anyone else in here and even have a double whammy going on with the Colts playing badly too but I will be here on game nights.

yeah............tell me about it..........first my Yanks go down, now Chargers are doing a Mash unit each week, and my KobeLakers are for shit!
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:47 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Hopefully we start winning so more people will start Posting. I will do my part as this Site is excellent. I am as down as anyone else in here and even have a double whammy going on with the Colts playing badly too but I will be here on game nights.

yeah............tell me about it..........first my Yanks go down, now Chargers are doing a Mash unit each week, and my KobeLakers are for shit!

Yeah Chargers are a lot like the Colts, Rivers and Luck are so similar too. They both force things too much but almost have to because their Defenses stink. Lucky for me the Colts play in a crap Division so I still think they can make the Playoffs at 8-8 even. At least I still have Peyton though and he is the one guy that can take Tommy down as long as the Defense keeps playing lights out. I want the Colts to beat the Broncos this week of course but I don't see it. I definitely don't want the fucking Pats getting HFA so if Denver beats us I will be ok with it. I hope Denver hands the Pats their ass when they play. Peyton is my favorite player of all-time and will always be a Colt in my mind, greatest Colt ever IMO so I have every right to root for him still. If he isn't playing Indy go Denver. If Kobe left us and went somewhere else next season I would root for him too unless he played us. As long as he doesn't go to the Clippers or Rockets I will be ok if he still wants to play somewhere else to try and get #6. or Celtics of course
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Both of our teams lost 29-26, isn't that strange.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:02 pm

3Peat - have you tried a site like this:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:08 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:

All of my teams (Lakers, Raiders, Dodgers, Trojans) have been underachieving for a while based on expectations . . hopefully the Silver & Black are on an upswing but for now I'll just root for future success and try to be as patient as possible!!
lakerevolution

Icon legend

Postby NuggetsCountry » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:27 pm

This is a summary of the new topic icons and what they mean.

Two general points
- Red icons are unread items, blue/grey are read
- A star on any thread means you have posted in it

Image - Announcement
Image - Sticky thread
Image - Read topic
Image - Unread topic
Image - Read topic that you have posted in
Image - Unread topic that you have posted in
Image - Hot topic
Image - Locked thread
Image - Moved thread
Image - Forum with subforums (which have been read)
Image - Forum with subforums (which are unread)
Image - Link forum
Image - Attachment
Image - Go to last post in the thread
Image - Go to last unread post in the thread
Image - Subforum read
Image - Subforum unread
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk