Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:27 am

(16-62)Image at Image(29-49)

Friday, April 8, 2016, 5:00 PM PDT
Smoothie King Arena, New Orleans, LA

Referees: Rodney Mott, Matt Boland, Tyler Ford

Line: Pelicans -2

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT PELICANS

by NBA.com

(AP) - Kobe Bryant's farewell tour hits its last four stops in the next week, and fans are relishing their final chances to watch his graceful game even with the Los Angeles Lakers finishing up the worst season in franchise history.

The Lakers open a three-game road trip Friday night against the New Orleans Pelicans before Bryant's grand finale at home Wednesday against Utah.

After claiming he didn't want a farewell tour when he retired, Bryant changed his mind in late November, turning the Lakers' season into a moveable tribute to a polarizing, globally respected athlete.

"It's something that he deserves, that he's earned, and that we all want to do," said Lakers coach Byron Scott, Bryant's teammate in his rookie season. "I don't think anybody can question K.B.'s place in the game, and it's only natural that people want to honor him. We all do, too."

Bryant, the third-leading scorer in NBA history, has been cheered in cities that had greeted him with seething hatred for the better part of two decades.

"I can feel it, and it feels pretty damn awesome," Bryant said. "It makes going through the years of losing, and not leaving, makes it all worthwhile. Staying here and taking the good with the bad, and the fans embracing and understanding that, that we ride together, that's a love that you can't break, man."

Meanwhile, the Lakers are wrapping up a historically miserable three-year stretch. They've set the 16-time champion franchise's record for single-season losses in three consecutive years, culminating in Wednesday's 62nd defeat - 91-81 to the Clippers.

"It doesn't matter," Bryant said. "It's hard for people to understand this, but losing is losing, and there aren't different degrees of losing. You either win a championship, or you're in the same boat we're in. It's very black and white to me. So whether you set a franchise record for losses or you get to the playoffs and lose in the Western Conference finals, those are the same damn thing to me."

That's the view of an 18-time All-Star with five NBA championship rings. The youngsters and modestly accomplished veterans don't have Bryant's perspective, and it's too soon to tell how their supporting role on Bryant's tour has affected rookie D'Angelo Russell or second-year pros Jordan Clarkson and Julius Randle.

Russell succinctly summed up the Lakers' strategy lately: "Get Kobe the ball."

"Especially now that we're winding down, there is even more of a focus on K.B.'s last game," Scott said. "I think all that attention and all that focus is probably affecting (the younger Lakers) a little bit, because they see it just like everybody else. They want him to do well. They want to try to give him the ball as much as possible when he's on the floor. It's a lot to digest. I know the focus is sometimes not there, because there's so much stuff going on."

Bryant is last in the NBA among qualifying players with a 35.3 field-goal percentage. But the Lakers know what the public wants, and what they owe to Bryant after two decades of service.

Bryant has been reflective and vocally grateful in recent weeks - and unlike his fans, the NBA's career leader in missed shots insists he doesn't care if he gets the ball every time.

"I will defer, and I'll just come out and play the game," Bryant said. "This is what I'm here for, one more time, is to just play the game."

Bryant had 27 points in his last visit to New Orleans, a 99-96 win Feb. 4 that improved the Lakers to 2-0 in the season series.

The injury-plagued Pelicans (29-49) enter this matchup trying to avoid a third straight loss after falling 104-97 at Boston on Wednesday. They played without their five top scorers and had nine active players.

"We played hard and we competed like crazy," coach Alvin Gentry said. "Just couldn't seem to make a couple plays at the end that would get us over the hump."

http://www.nba.com/games/20160408/LALNOP/gameinfo.html
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Gm 79: Lakers at Pelicans GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:10 am

Win #17 coming up!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:02 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Win #17 coming up!

I've been wanting "#17" since 2010. But I never thought that I'd ever be talking about this #17 (wins for a season)
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:03 pm

They're chanting Kobe's name at the end of this game at Na'Orleans
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:04 pm

We're fo we n by 17 with 5:00 minutes left
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:05 pm

The crowd is begging for Kobe to score a bucket
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:06 pm

Crowd chants "KOBE! KOBE!! KOBE!!! as he goes to the bench
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:08 pm

Dang D'ANGELO RUSSELL!! I see you with your 30 points tonight!!
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Way to go rooks

Clarkson = 26 points
Russell = 32 points
Lakers4Life

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:34 pm

This stench must end soon.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:25 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Win #17 coming up!

I've been wanting "#17" since 2010. But I never thought that I'd ever be talking about this #17 (wins for a season)

Yeah I know, I figured you and the guys would probably figure out I was being sarcastic. I am late to the party tonight because of work but I just seen we lost. Russell at least put together one of his rare Great games with 32 Points. #17 didn't happen I guess :waaaaa:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:28 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:This stench must end soon.

I see Ken was in rare form tonight. I cant blame anyone for getting sick of this season. At least we all in here toughed through it and pretty much Posted every game. Only 3 games to go!
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:12 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:

I see Ken was in rare form tonight. I cant blame anyone for getting sick of this season. At least we all in here toughed through it and pretty much Posted every game. Only 3 games to go!

The idea that pieces of garbage like Kelly, Sacre and Hibbert are playing at this point really pisses me off. If the front office has any plans of considering any of them for roster spots next season, I may take the season off completely. Playing them instead of Bass and Lou is criminal. Byron Scott should be fired right after the final buzzer on April 13th. He has utterly failed to get the youngsters to blend whatsoever. Without Kobe on the floor, they are clueless, and I fear that by giving them so many minutes he has damaged them. It takes a lot more than just minutes to "develop" young players. Sure Clarkson and Russell scored lots of iso points last night, but Randle really sucked and they got beat by a bunch of second rate players who at least played team basketball because Alvin Gentry actually knows how to coach and get the players to listen to him. Oh well.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:28 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

The idea that pieces of garbage like Kelly, Sacre and Hibbert are playing at this point really pisses me off. If the front office has any plans of considering any of them for roster spots next season, I may take the season off completely. Playing them instead of Bass and Lou is criminal. Byron Scott should be fired right after the final buzzer on April 13th. He has utterly failed to get the youngsters to blend whatsoever. Without Kobe on the floor, they are clueless, and I fear that by giving them so many minutes he has damaged them. It takes a lot more than just minutes to "develop" young players. Sure Clarkson and Russell scored lots of iso points last night, but Randle really sucked and they got beat by a bunch of second rate players who at least played team basketball because Alvin Gentry actually knows how to coach and get the players to listen to him. Oh well.

I am going to be honest there have been times this season where I almost took a break from Posting. I haven't because this Site allows me to talk about other things other than just the Lakers. I have been frustrated with the Lakers this season and have tried to keep my composure in here as best as possible. At times I have been harsh on Russell and Randle but IMO they both have deserved it. If we start out being bad next season, like 5-20 out of the gate I am not sure how I will take that? Stinking badly for 4 straight seasons is really unacceptable.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Bad Front Office managing and bad coaching are probably 40% of the problem at most. The other 70% (yes, we are 110% of a franchise) has been the ripple effect of every crazy unimaginable unfortunate unbelievable unceremonious thing that has happened since Kobe, Pau and Lamar repeated in 2010.

We got locked out.
lakerevolution

Next

Return to LakerTalk