3Peat's best teams ever since 1980

3Peat's best teams ever since 1980

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:03 am

1 team per same core only So I can only have 1 Lakers team from the 80's! Here's my Final 4.
1. 1988 Lakers - They only won 62 Regular Season games, not 70 for example but they beat the Jazz who featured Stockton/Malone/Eaton, beat the Mavs who featured Aguirre/Blackmon/Harper, then took out the Pistons who featured Isiah/Dumars/Dantley/Laimbeer/Rodman/V.Johnson when those guys were playing out of their ass. Not only that those Lakers were the first team in 20 seasons to Repeat. That Lakers team featured Magic/Worthy/Kareem/Byron/Green/Coop. Still the best team I have ever seen Coached by Patrick Riley!

2. 1986 Celtics - Featured Bird/McHale/Parish/DJ/Ainge/Walton.

3. 1996 Bulls - Won 72 Regular Season games, the current record. They featured Jordan/Pippen/Rodman/Kukoc and Coached by Phillip Jackson and Jordan knows what 3Peating is about!

4. 2001 Lakers - Went 15-1 in the Playoffs and featured Shaq/Kobe/Horry/youngFish and were Coached by Phillip Jackson.

-These teams today couldn't come close to beating any of these teams. The last truly Great team was the 2002 Lakers that 3Peated. Spurs have produced some Great teams like in 2014 with Duncan/Parker/Leonard/Gino but not like the 4 I listed. The Heat in 2013 with LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Allen were Great but barley beat the Spurs in the Finals. The Warriors this season will probably Repeat with Curry/Klay/Green and beat the Bulls W/L record for most wins in the Regular Season but even the 2001 Lakers would eat their lunch IMO.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: 3Peat's best teams ever since 1980

Postby Lakers4Life » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:00 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:1 team per same core only So I can only have 1 Lakers team from the 80's! Here's my Final 4.
1. 1988 Lakers - They only won 62 Regular Season games, not 70 for example but they beat the Jazz who featured Stockton/Malone/Eaton, beat the Mavs who featured Aguirre/Blackmon/Harper, then took out the Pistons who featured Isiah/Dumars/Dantley/Laimbeer/Rodman/V.Johnson when those guys were playing out of their ass. Not only that those Lakers were the first team in 20 seasons to Repeat. That Lakers team featured Magic/Worthy/Kareem/Byron/Green/Coop. Still the best team I have ever seen Coached by Patrick Riley!

3. 1996 Bulls - Won 72 Regular Season games, the current record. They featured Jordan/Pippen/Rodman/Kukoc and Coached by Phillip Jackson and Jordan knows what 3Peating is about!

4. 2001 Lakers - Went 15-1 in the Playoffs and featured Shaq/Kobe/Horry/youngFish and were Coached by Phillip Jackson.

-These teams today couldn't come close to beating any of these teams. The last truly Great team was the 2002 Lakers that 3Peated. Spurs have produced some Great teams like in 2014 with Duncan/Parker/Leonard/Gino but not like the 4 I listed. The Heat in 2013 with LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Allen were Great but barley beat the Spurs in the Finals. The Warriors this season will probably Repeat with Curry/Klay/Green and beat the Bulls W/L record for most wins in the Regular Season but even the 2001 Lakers would eat their lunch IMO.

I'd say:

#1 The1986-87 Lakers

Starters: Byron Scott, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, James Worthy, A.C. Green

Bench: MychalThompson, Michael Cooper, Kurt Rambis, Wes Matthews, Adrian Branch,Billy Thompson, Mike Smrek.

#2 The 2000 Lakers

Starters: Kobe Bryant,Ron Harper,Shaquille O'Neal, Glen Rice, A.C. Green 

Bench: Robert Horry, Brian Shaw,Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, Devean George,Travis Knight, John Salley.

#3 The 96 Bulls

#4 The 86 Celtics
Lakers4Life

Re: 3Peat's best teams ever since 1980

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:17 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:1 team per same core only So I can only have 1 Lakers team from the 80's! Here's my Final 4.

I'd say:

#1 The1986-87 Lakers

Starters: Byron Scott, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, James Worthy, A.C. Green

Bench: MychalThompson, Michael Cooper, Kurt Rambis, Wes Matthews, Adrian Branch,Billy Thompson, Mike Smrek.

#2 The 2000 Lakers

Starters: Kobe Bryant,Ron Harper,Shaquille O'Neal, Glen Rice, A.C. Green 

Bench: Robert Horry, Brian Shaw,Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, Devean George,Travis Knight, John Salley.

#3 The 96 Bulls

#4 The 86 Celtics

Yeah you cant go wrong with any of the 4 different core's. I chose the 1988 Lakers because of the grind they went through in the Playoffs. I thought all 3 teams they beat in the Jazz, Mavs, and Pistons were Very Good to Great. In 1987 the Western Conference was a bit weak and the Celtics were playing injured in the Finals so IMO the 1987 Lakers had it much easier. I chose the 1986 Celtics 2nd because of their frontline. Bird, McHale, Parish, and a healthy Walton would be too much for anyone too handle, even Shaq. The advantage the 85, 87, or 88 Lakers would have over the Celtics is they could run better than anyone, they were more athletic = getting easier points. I don't think the 96 Bulls would beat the 86 Celtics either in a series. Jordan would get his 35-40 but the Celtics frontline would brutalize that team. Bird is also too Big and Strong for Pippen to guard. Rodman couldn't handle McHale either IMO.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk