More Troubles In Lakerland

Re: More Troubles In Lakerland

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:07 am

Here's an excellent piece written by the incomparable Dave Zirin on the D'Angelo Russell fiasco:

http://www.thenation.com/article/the-la ... -bro-code/
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:43 pm

Trade Russell.
Lol.
Kobe 'snitched' if the story was true.

People play with Cousins, right?

Man, young black men have nuance. They aren't going to all view this is the very slanted way the national medi has covered it.

Dumbass Screaming A Smith even changed his tone.

This is nothing but a mistake gone viral.

Not ' snitching ' purposely. Like Kobe allegedly did.
Julius Russell

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:31 am

Hmmm . . Zirin defends Russell by condemning the rest of the organization? And in the same breath waxes poetic about the Showtime Era, as if all of us over 45 didn't live through it? Even if the Lakers were playing like the Warriors right now, this shit would be stupid, irresponsible and immature. "Because he's 18 months out of HS" is no excuse - Magic took the entire franchise on his back as very young man, including the fame and notoriety associated with La La Land. And started winning. Immediately. Granted, Magic eventually wielded his influence against certain players, and were there camera phones everywhere in 1982 we may have seen a lot more of the fornication going on behind the scenes during the mid-80s. But you can't just sweep this under the rug . . it's going to follow him his entire career - like Kobe putting his black mamba in places it shouldn't have been, like Karl Malone saying he wouldn't play with a post-HIV Magic, like Ron Artest's Palace Malice.

No, I don't really think the Lakers should turn up the trade-meter because of this . . but young blood is going to have to play with millions of NBA fans and drama-freaks perpetually side-eyeing him. He better have a nice, long talk with Kobe . . "just when we were trying to get out, they pull us back in."
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:38 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Hmmm . . Zirin defends Russell by condemning the rest of the organization? And in the same breath waxes poetic about the Showtime Era, as if all of us over 45 didn't live through it? Even if the Lakers were playing like the Warriors right now, this shit would be stupid, irresponsible and immature. "Because he's 18 months out of HS" is no excuse - Magic took the entire franchise on his back as very young man, including the fame and notoriety associated with La La Land. And started winning. Immediately. Granted, Magic eventually wielded his influence against certain players, and were there camera phones everywhere in 1982 we may have seen a lot more of the fornication going on behind the scenes during the mid-80s. But you can't just sweep this under the rug . . it's going to follow him his entire career - like Kobe putting his black mamba in places it shouldn't have been, like Karl Malone saying he wouldn't play with a post-HIV Magic, like Ron Artest's Palace Malice.

No, I don't really think the Lakers should turn up the trade-meter because of this . . but young blood is going to have to play with millions of NBA fans and drama-freaks perpetually side-eyeing him. He better have a nice, long talk with Kobe . . "just when we were trying to get out, they pull us back in."

Great Post Rev. I wouldn't trade Russell either unless the Kings want to give Cousins but they would want more than Russell. Also if we are thinking about trading Russell we would then have to Draft another Guard assuming we keep our Top 3 pick in which I do like Hield a lot. Other than today's Final 4 game Hield played great in the tournament and had a great season. I don't think Nick Young is a good fit for us and it wouldn't shock me at all if we find a way to trade him. He hasn't improved at all, actually has got worse this season.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:37 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I wouldn't trade Russell either unless the Kings want to give Cousins but they would want more than Russell. Also if we are thinking about trading Russell we would then have to Draft another Guard assuming we keep our Top 3 pick in which I do like Hield a lot.

We potentially have 66 mil in cap space. If somehow the Queens traded us Cousins for say Russell and Randle, then we can sign Rondo, who has played with Cousins for a year. Sign Nicolas Batum and then you have a starting 5 of Cousins, Nance, Batum, Clarkson and Rondo. Re-sign Huertas, keep Lou and sign Bass to a healthier contract, and draft whoever we draft. There are many possibilities.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:50 am

Just can't wrap my head around letting Randle and Russell go for a hothead who is as unpredictable as Odom, Artest or Rodman. But if we did trade Russell, it wouldn't be too hard to find a veteran PG who could come in and run the offense. High energy youngsters like Randle (who I think will become better and better) are harder to find.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:24 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Just can't wrap my head around letting Randle and Russell go for a hothead who is as unpredictable as Odom, Artest or Rodman. But if we did trade Russell, it wouldn't be too hard to find a veteran PG who could come in and run the offense. High energy youngsters like Randle (who I think will become better and better) are harder to find.

Yeah, as talented as he is, he's been a loser. But then again, he's played for the Queens. Is he likeable among his peers though? I don't know if he is Dwight HOward in sheep's clothing or just Rasheed Wallace, who happened to be a beloved douchebag and solid teammate. The point is that IF Cousins isn't the asshole we think he is, he would attract a another star player much easier than our infants, especially after this stupid gaffe by D'Angelo Russell. Also, this might sound silly, but maybe, just maybe, Marcelo Huertas is ready for Prime Time after learning he league. Yeah, he'll be 33, but he plays like Nash who was at his best with even more mileage on him at this point in his career.
KobeMVP888

Previous

Return to LakerTalk