What is everyone's expectations for the offseason?

What is everyone's expectations for the offseason?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:50 pm

What do you guys think would be a successful offseason? Regarding F.Agency, the Draft, Trades, our FO, our Coaching situation, and who we should let go player wise? How comfortable are you guys with having Russell, Randle, and Clarkson leading this team in the future? Give an opinion on each player separate. I would love to hear everyone's opinion's on this topic, please be honest. As a Lakers fan since 1977 at the age of 5 going on 6 years old I am very worried about this franchise. I remember as a 5 year old little kid I first started watching Basketball and all I knew was Kareem, didn't really know shit about the game but I loved Kareem. That is how my fandom started. Of course as I got older once the 80's began I started learning the game as a kid after we Drafted Magic. From there I watched as many games possible. Once the mid 80's hit, most of the Lakers games were televised on Cable and I rarely missed a game as a teenager. I never pictured us being this Bad for 3 straight seasons in my lifetime as we are now. After Magic retired I was crushed and we weren't dominant anymore but still never this bad as we are now, we actually only had 1 bad season which was 1994 during the 90's but then landed Shaq and Drafted Kobe entering the 1997 Season which resulted in a 3Peat from 2000-2002. 2005-2007 wasn't that bad either in reality because Kobe was putting up 40/50/60 point games and was in his prime so we still had promise and I knew that hence winning it all in 2009 and 2010. These last 3 seasons have been pure misery in reality.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: What is everyone's expectations for the offseason?

Postby NuggetsCountry » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:20 am

I am headed to upstate NY for a mother-in-law visit, then to DC to see sights, then back for wildfire watch for 4 months. Then maybe a quick trip to Halifax and Boston before pre-season starts. I have no delusions about the Laker FO, until it changes completely. AAUNBA has ruined my blessed game of West&Baylor&Magic&Kareem&Kobe. Gotta get to a future CBA where the owners take back their game from the Lebrons before I watch again.

I feel bad for Byron, except his confusing relegation of Black to shit status.

Maybe we can get some females posting back in here, to keep us fresh next season?

Only good thing will be if the Lakers are sold and/or Jeanie fires Mitch, Jim, et al and starts over. Maybe get West back? The Buss era ended with the death of Chick and Jerry, and the Sternfuck.

I have had to live through too many crap Laker eras for my health. The waste of the past 3 years for Kobe-GOAT have taken it all out of me. I may trade my NBA League Pass for Hockey, next year..................... I would say football, but my Chargers ownership is worse than the Lakers.................. :panic:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:28 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:I am headed to upstate NY for a mother-in-law visit, then to DC to see sights, then back for wildfire watch for 4 months. Then maybe a quick trip to Halifax and Boston before pre-season starts. I have no delusions about the Laker FO, until it changes completely. AAUNBA has ruined my blessed game of West&Baylor&Magic&Kareem&Kobe. Gotta get to a future CBA where the owners take back their game from the Lebrons before I watch again.

I feel bad for Byron, except his confusing relegation of Black to shit status.

Maybe we can get some females posting back in here, to keep us fresh next season?

Only good thing will be if the Lakers are sold and/or Jeanie fires Mitch, Jim, et al and starts over. Maybe get West back? The Buss era ended with the death of Chick and Jerry, and the Sternfuck.

I have had to live through too many crap Laker eras for my health. The waste of the past 3 years for Kobe-GOAT have taken it all out of me. I may trade my NBA League Pass for Hockey, next year..................... I would say football, but my Chargers ownership is worse than the Lakers.................. :panic:

One reason why I kind of have enjoyed watching the NCAA Tournament is because it's easy on my health LOL. I only get nervous when IU goes far in general and they are out of it again so I can just sit back and watch the best of what college hoops has to offer without getting an ulcer. Don't feel too bad as the season the Colts just put me through, I never fucking expected that and I really didn't think the Lakers would be this bad either. I thought we could win at least win 30 games. The only thing Sports wise that has happened to me in a while that has been great is Peyton going out a SB Champion. Other than that I haven't been able to enjoy a Championship since 2010 in any sport since the Lakers won it all/2009 as well or Colts Championship since 2006. Maybe my Cubs will do something in 2016?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:34 pm

Like Kobe, I don't trust none of these guys. They haven't shown or earned my trust yet. The funny thing is I trust Larry Nance Jr more at this point than our young 3 core. Yes he's a role player but you know what you're going to get every night with him.

Clarkson = he's wannabe Russell Westbrook. He's a spark plug off the bench at best

Randle = effort guy. But not superstar. His outside shooting is horrendous. I'd trade him if we can get a better piece since we have LNJR.

Russell = he's young & immature. But he's only 20. I'll give him another year to see if there's growth. But where's the great Magic Johnson like assists? He's scoring good. But I need to see him making others better.

We need a great draft. And a great free agent signing or two. Because these kids have shown flashes but are not the answer to save our great organization. Hopefully we keep the pick #1. Then get a franchise changing player.
Lakers4Life

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:34 am

We're a complete mess. No free agent in his right mind will come here. I read somewhere where DeMar DeRozan would triple his income for shoe sales if he moved back to LA, his hometown. Good luck with that.

D'Angelo Russell is an off guard like Harden and plays best when paired with Huertas, who we should keep. I hope Russell grows up and can win back the trust of his teammates. What the fuck was he thinking? Apparently the Sixers may look to trade Okafor this summer. Perhaps that would be best for both teams. Each of these troubled children can get a fresh start.

Clarkson works his ass off. Will a strong work ethic allow his game to go to another level? Perhaps, but I don't think he will ever reach anywhere near an all-star level and he has a very trade friendly contract. I think he'll be back.

Randle is a beast on the boards, has unbelievable handles for a guy his size, is actually a good ball distributor when he wants to be, but can't shoot a lick from mid range, can't defend and doesn't protect the rim at all. I see him as a potential energy/third wheel, but not a Batman or Robin. HIs potential is a huge question mar to me. Could go either way.

Nance is a keeper. Obviously.

Huertas should be re-signed.

Lou Williams is a pro, but is pretty one dimensional.

Brandon Bass will leave for a better situation.

I forgot about Tarik Black, but unfortunately, so did Byron Scott. He's a RFA, but the Lakers probably won't bother, which is a shame. Anthony Brown, too, but maybe it's because he's forgettable. Maybe not. He'll be back because he has a cheap guaranteed contract next season.

MWP, Sacre and Kelly are history, or at least they better be. Am I missing anyone?

Mitch should retire and Jim Buss should step down. They should promote Ryan West to GM.

Byron Scott is history. They need to hire a young coach who the infants will respond to or someone who knows how to teach at least one end of the court like Thibs.

Pick or no pick, the near future is bleak, sorry to say.

Go Lakers!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:33 pm

We need two athletic producers, bigger names than Nick Young and Lou Willams. Fans, contracts and ticket sales drive everything, and teams like the Lakers will never be down for long. Might want to trade D'Angelo now, for what it's worth. I like Julius' upside and Clarkson's talent, and Black and Nance Jr. are guys you want producing for your team, not someone else's.

But yeah trade D'Angelo. :toiletclaw:
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk