Lakers4Life

Re: Gm 73: Wizards at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:16 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:-Wizards have the 2nd best fast break points in the league

+

-Lakers have one of the worst transition defense in the league

= Problems

10 turnovers by The Lakers in the 1st half led to 19 points by The Wizards.

I knew it..... Too Easy

Yeah, great call. Their athleticism compared to ours is real obvious. They are killing us now late in the 3rd Qtr 75-59.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:18 pm

77-59 Wizards after 3. Kenny was smart going to see David Gilmour :waaaaa:
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:22 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:77-59 Wizards after 3. Kenny was smart going to see David Gilmour :waaaaa:

:lolflash:
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:23 pm

I can't believe that Beal barely scored (in the 4th)
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:30 pm

Wiz up 86-63. Oh well only 9 games left after tonight. Just sucks Kobe's last games are like this.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:37 pm

Larry Nance throws it down!!!!
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:Larry Nance throws it down!!!!

Craig, what would you think of a hypothetical lineup next season of:
PG Russell
SG Hield
SF Batum or DeRozan via Free Agency
PF Nance
C Cousins - if we could package Randle and Clarkson somehow with a maybe a future 1st Round pick or something like that?
We would still have Guards like Lou Williams and Huertas coming off the bench as well. I would keep both of them. Kenny likes my idea's on this one. It's far fetched I admit but something to throw out there for convo. I am assuming Ben Simmons will go #1 to Philly assuming Philly gets that pick so I went with my scenario if Ben isn't there at #2. Man if I was Ben Simmons I would refuse to play for them. It hasn't done Okafor any favors so far. Okafor has averaged over 17 Points a game but he has looked lost all season and the fans there have treated him like garbage. That team looks like they will stink for years as well.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:02 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:

PG Russell
SG Hield
PF Nance
C Cousins - if we could package Randle and Clarkson somehow with a maybe a future 1st Round pick or something like that?
We would still have Guards like Lou Williams and Huertas coming off the bench as well. I would keep both of them. Kenny likes my idea's on this one. It's far fetched I admit but something to throw out there for convo. I am assuming Ben Simmons will go #1 to Philly assuming Philly gets that pick so I went with my scenario if Ben isn't there at #2. Man if I was Ben Simmons I would refuse to play for them. It hasn't done Okafor any favors so far. Okafor has averaged over 17 Points a game but he has looked lost all season and the fans there have treated him like garbage. That team looks like they will stink for years as well.

I tell you what, Hield has improved his draft position this March Madness Tourny!!

37 points in the final 8?!?! DAAANG!! He said that he gives Kobe the credit. The guy has shown that he has that clutch gene. (Most of those points were in the 2nd half). And dang I'd he built! Looks like a mini Dwight Howard.

My only concern on him are:

#1. 6'4 for a shooting guard is a little undersized. (Kobe is 6'6)
#2. Yes he shoots great from way beyond the arc but does that mean his upside is JJ Redick? (Who's good but not great)
#3. He's a senior. This is his 4th year in college. Is that a good or bad thing? Why didn't he get drafted as a Freshman? Sophmore? Junior? (I don't know the answer)

I'd say I'd we pick 3rd...Then he might be the guy. But I'm still sticking with Simmons or Ingram if we pick #1 or #2
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:03 pm

....but to answer your question your lineup is definitely a major upgrade.
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

PG Russell
SG Hield
PF Nance

I tell you what, Hield has improved his draft position this March Madness Tourny!!

37 points in the final 8?!?! DAAANG!! He said that he gives Kobe the credit. The guy has shown that he has that clutch gene. (Most of those points were in the 2nd half). And dang I'd he built! Looks like a mini Dwight Howard.

#2. Yes he shoots great from way beyond the arc but does that mean his upside is JJ Redick? (Who's good but not great)
#3. He's a senior. This is his 4th year in college. Is that a good or bad thing? Why didn't he get drafted as a Freshman? Sophmore? Junior? (I don't know the answer)

I'd say I'd we pick 3rd...Then he might be the guy. But I'm still sticking with Simmons or Ingram if we pick #1 or #2

Mitch is going to have another tough decision if we pick #2 and Simmons is gone. Hield kind of reminds me of Wade who is also only 6'4. I know that is an extremely high praise to give Hield but he plays sort of like him with a better 3 point shot! He shoots like Redick but has more athleticism than Redick. Now I am not going to get goofy about this and say we shouldn't pick Simmons if he's there because you just cant pass on a guy like Simmons but he may be gone is all I am saying when we pick. Hield has improved a lot since his Freshman season and is just one of those rare players that decided to stay all 4 years is my only answer to why he hasn't gone Pro earlier.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:16 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

PG Russell
SG Hield
PF Nance

Mitch is going to have another tough decision if we pick #2 and Simmons is gone. Hield kind of reminds me of Wade who is also only 6'4. I know that is an extremely high praise to give Hield but he plays sort of like him with a better 3 point shot! He shoots like Redick but has more athleticism than Redick. Now I am not going to get goofy about this and say we shouldn't pick Simmons if he's there because you just cant pass on a guy like Simmons but he may be gone is all I am saying when we pick. Hield has improved a lot since his Freshman season and is just one of those rare players that decided to stay all 4 years is my only answer to why he hasn't gone Pro earlier.

To follow that up Wade didn't go Pro until after his Sophomore Season and he led Marquette to a Final 4 in his final college season.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:54 pm

PG Russell
SG Hield
PF Nance

For the record 3-Peat,

I am all for packaging Randle & Clarkson for proven talent. Clarkson's upside I'm afraid is a spark plug off the bench (I hope I'm wrong) & Randle becoming a super star is questionable. He definitely has the junk - yard dawg tude and tries to force the issue on offense & rebounds. But I'm not sure if he has what it takes. (Again I hope that I'm wrong)
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:58 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:Craig, what would you think of a hypothetical lineup next season of:
PG Russell
SG Hield
PF Nance

For the record 3-Peat,

I am all for packaging Randle & Clarkson for proven talent. Clarkson's upside I'm afraid is a spark plug off the bench (I hope I'm wrong) & Randle becoming a super star is questionable. He definitely has the junk - yard dawg tude and tries to force the issue on offense & rebounds. But I'm not sure if he has what it takes. (Again I hope that I'm wrong)

I actually like both players but I have my doubts about both too becoming Great. As much as I have criticized Russell, I have more faith in Russell becoming a Star than either Randle or Clarkson. If Russell had a Great Big he could play with like Cousins that would be interesting and fun to watch.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk