What is the best sporting day of the year?

What is the best sporting day of the year?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:10 am

You can only choose 1 day not a sequence, If you could only choose 1 to watch what would it be? Here are the choices:
A. SB Sunday
B. NFC/AFC Championship Game Sunday
C. Game 1 of the NBA Finals
D. Game 1 of the World Series
E. The final day at the Masters (which is on a Sunday) I threw that day in for you Golf fans!
F. The opening day of the NCAA Tournament which is today
-See a lot of this too depends on if your favorite teams/players are playing in the these games, I understand and that is why I picked SB Sunday. Because no matter who is in the SB I would watch. I pick A.. Only the Lakers playing in the Finals in a Game 1 would be equal or better that IMO. I love B as well because you have 2 games instead of 1 compared to SB Sunday. I don't watch much college basketball but I am off work today and looking forward to getting hammered watching all of these games. IU, Purdue, and Butler all play today.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: What is the best sporting day of the year?

Postby Lakers4Life » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:30 am

Any Laker playoff game trumps any other sporting event for me. As far as the NFL, the Super Bowls are usually anti-clamatic blowouts. So the AFC/NFC title games are usually much more entertaining. (Not to mention how the super bowl commercial suck lately). Besides that I'll watch any sporting event when the 2 best teams are duking it out in the playoffs/Championships.
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:43 am

Lakers4Life wrote:Any Laker playoff game trumps any other sporting event for me. As far as the NFL, the Super Bowls are usually anti-clamatic blowouts. So the AFC/NFC title games are usually much more entertaining. (Not to mention how the super bowl commercial suck lately). Besides that I'll watch any sporting event when the 2 best teams are duking it out in the playoffs/Championships.

Yeah that is why this a tough question because every event I listed are super days and fun. It does depend on if your favorite team is playing. If the Raiders were in the SB and the Lakers weren't in the Finals I am sure you would choose SB Sunday in that scenario. I chose SB Sunday because we can only choose one and I would watch that no matter who is in it. The question is basically what would you choose not even knowing who will be in the games, etc.. So A is the safe choice to me.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:31 am

A game 7 in the NBA or MLB when the championship is on the line is great to watch - baseball may take the edge, because it's such a calculated game that hangs on every pitch. Some people don't enjoy baseball, but when two good teams go head-to-head it can be like a chess match, but with bats and gloves and stuff :bbalargu:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:07 am

lakerevolution wrote:A game 7 in the NBA or MLB when the championship is on the line is great to watch - baseball may take the edge, because it's such a calculated game that hangs on every pitch. Some people don't enjoy baseball, but when two good teams go head-to-head it can be like a chess match, but with bats and gloves and stuff :bbalargu:

I agree with Rev, except that I would also throw in any golf major that goes down to the last hole or a playoff. Just like hanging on every pitch, that hangs on every shot. They are all great. Some of the greatest tennis matches ever are right there, too.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk