Robert Upshaw kicked out of D-League/The Defenders (Drugs)

Robert Upshaw kicked out of D-League/The Defenders (Drugs)

Postby Lakers4Life » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:04 am

Robert Upshaw's contract to play in the D-League was terminated this week for violating the leagues anti-drug program, according to a league press release. Upshaw had recently fallen mostly out of the rotation for the Los Angeles D-Fenders, and was averaging 7.3 points per game on 47.7 percent shooting and 4.5 rebounds in 15.6 minutes per game in his rookie season.

Upshaw was projected as a lottery pick at one point based on his impressive college production at Fresno State and the University of Washington, but went undrafted when he was kicked out of both programs for positive drug tests and concern over a heart issue detected during the league's pre-draft process (later shown to be benign).

The 22-year old rookie was one of the Lakers final cuts of training camp and had shown promise at times for the D-Fenders, but given his previous drug tests and his inability to make consistent noise in the D-League, this may be the last we see of him in or around the NBA

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016 ... ating-anti
Lakers4Life

Re: Robert Upshaw kicked out of D-League/The Defenders (Drug

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:24 am

Sad. It is what it is. He should go overseas.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Amazing, the power of addiction.

Pray for him.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:55 am

lakerevolution wrote:Amazing, the power of addiction.

Pray for him.

I know I drink and party a lot when I am off work but to be honest with you if I would've been good enough to play Pro Basketball I wouldn't drink at all (maybe on special occasions). I have never done drugs so I don't get the fascination behind it when it can wreck a career where one can make millions of dollars. If the Lakers even offered me a 100,000 dollar a year contract for 3 years = 300,000 I wouldn't take another drink and stay out of any type of night life. At that point a Great career is much more important over dumb bull shit.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk